Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

I gotta be honest here I've never seen Moose so vicious even with his feud with Eddie Edwards, than what I saw him do vs Trey to open up Impact this week. The Powerbomb on the Apron made me wince, as did the Swing on the Steel Steps as Moose was trying to kill Trey! One down and two to go now for Moose, truly Moose has been one of those Most Improved talents nominees I've seen in Wrestling lately.

Edwards/Drake vs KM/Bahh. Two teams with some momentum and Drake and Edwards keep rolling as a team. Eddie gives the Kendo Stick to Drake which is like his baby, and THEY GET THE WIN~ All they need now is them dressing as a Team, but the fans are starting to realize theirs something special going on with these two together more and more.

Austin Ace vs Damian Hyde. I guess Impact learned you never let the no name come in and look as good as your new talent. Hyde took a beating of course, but Ace showed more his Cards that he has in his skillset. We really don't enough what he could be till he faces a top tier talent though and it could be happening sooner rather than later for him I imagine.

I really liked how Tessa is sticking it to Gail, either she apologizes next week or she's fired! Even the fighting with Lucha Bros and LAX was good just to set up officially that these feuds are getting hotter and are, but the most importance to them as well.

Later we got Impact on why he did what he did to Cage, and it came off bland to me at times. Smark marks angle has been used to death for heels I feel think of something else to say. I did find it funny Impact saying I defended this Title more than any Champion as of late, that's a lie and a half. Do you forget you left Impact for like it felt like a half a year and came back suddenly at a major PPV and thus was thrusted into a role you didn't really deserve at the time? I feel Impact Wrestling put Impact and Taya pushes up there due to people knocking on their doors wanting their services and they panic and needed to keep them in anyway possible.

Swann vs Callihan. A good Main Event that delivered enough and the post Match stuff was good. I don't know who Madman Fulton is, but he makes Swann have to go through further hoops to keep his X-Division going forward. Next week..

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

To the letter of the law

Status
      Country                    Ireland

The Undead Realm stuff from this weeks Against All Odds Impact has to be the front runner for the Wrestlecrap of the year award, yeah?

BIG KAIJU~

Status

You know for a Show this week that only gave us three Matches I thought Impact was good this week! LAX vs Lucha Bros starting off the Show brawling, beating down Security, while both teams got their hits loved every bit of that. Full Metal Mayhem is going to be insane at Rebellion can't wait!

Scarlett Bordeaux vs. Disco Inferno: Well I didn't expect a five star classic between these two, but I thought the Match was solid. As the Match went on, people starting to get into more especially when Disco was manhandling Scarlett and being an asshole in the Ring at times. Scarlett got the win though does this mean the last of Disco, or will his mouth get him another Match with Scarlett? If this was Andy Kaufman doing this, it would of been mega, but so far it's been pretty mild so far.

Madison Rayne returning next week yeahhh..no I could care less about her return. Madison hasn't been Madison since Gail Kim returning to Impact the second time around. No one cared about her leaving or his last feud before leaving not sure if people are going to get behind her as a face, but as a heel..it has a shot.

I thought the Gail/Tessa Segment is what I wanted and more. Tessa taking shots at Gail and talking about "her era", as she is coming off like the best spoiled brat like only she can. Gail returning is a good thing if she's there to put over Tessa and it's official for Rebellion. I have my hopes we get a Street Fight between the two.

oVe Segment with Madman Fulton, now if only Bray Wyatt was Sami he wouldn't be a punchline these days. I got some Clockwork Orange vibes with that Segment I gotta say which is a good thing.

Taya Valkyrie vs Jordynne Grace: At times the Match was felt, but the people got behind Grace and the Match was just starting to get lit till Taya pulled the injury card seeing Grace was too much for her. Grace had it as the Match went on and Taya saw that, problem is that is not going to save next time around when the Knockouts Title is on the line!

Cage vs Kross. I really liked how their wrapped what happened with Grace and Taya into the Main Event! It took Kross mugging Cage before the Match, using it to his advantage to beat Cage. It wasn't easy no doubt, and it shows with Cage that if the attack didn't happen, Kross would of had a harder time winning no doubt. A good Match I felt both guys can beat and brawl the other and both guys looked great in this Match.

IT WAS ROSEMARY...IT WAS ME THE WHOLE TIME!

Kevin Sullivan of people as the Master of the Undead Realm yeah that fits so well. You gotta give Impact credit once again for being ballsy enough to kill off a character, not knowing if Allie will ever return to their Company. This is the first time Impact has done something risky like this, anyone remember when LAX and the OGz were feuding a kid nearly got killed on a Driveby? How about when Mickie got pushed onto a Train Track when a Train was coming, seemly looking like she was killed off too? Rosemary with the help of Kiera did all they can to save Allie's Soul, but it was Allie sacrificing herself for her best friend. That is the first time I've seen Rosemary shed any tears, but I imagine now that Allie is dead, Rosemary will not stop till Su Yung, Mitchell, and Sullivan are all dead!

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I've been so busy these past few weeks sorry for not posting the write up for Impact, but even though Impact wasn't as good as last week it was still a solid Show. Moose is now 2-0 vs The Rascalz as even in a well paced Match, it was still entertaining watch Moose play with Wentz throughout the Match.

Su Yung vs Rosemary. It's more and more noticeable to me that Rosemary needs time off. She's still not healthy, and you see it in this Match she is so slow in Matches, and you can kinda see her walking with a limp at times. The Rosemary I saw in a Monster's Ball Match and Cage Match vs today are two different Wrestlers. I can easily see Su Yung beating Rosemary making her go on break and that's when you slide in Kiera Hogan. Give Rosemary 4-6 Months time off to get healthy and come back stronger than ever. She is a shell of true self right now.

I love the Segment Kross had with Willie Mack. He's stirring the Pot trying to get Mack to turn on Swann, and if Kross gets his way and Mack opens up his third eye he just very well listen and turn on Swann down the road!

The North vs Sheldon Jean & El Reverso. With what I saw from the North I wonder why didn't Impact sign Alexander sooner? Page has been floundering in Impact for quite some time and he looks to be finding his niche right now with his buddy and partner Alexander. It should be interesting how they fair up with teams like LAX, and the Lucha Bros in the future, but good stuff here, but the only hindrance is Jean and El Reverso getting in too much for a new Tag Team I feel.

Rayne vs Blanchard. Rayne is 2 for 2 in terms of good matches since returning and 3-0 on Tessa which is crazy thinking about how good Tessa has been since arriving in Impact herself. Tessa I never seen have a bad Match lately, and this was a good one as Tessa's overconfidence and arrogant came to bite her once again. I dug the Commentary Gail was doing as well, she doesn't like the new age of girls who think they are hot shit. She wants them to take the torch ladies like Gail and Rayne did and keep it going, and not let that fame and fortune make it seem like they are better than others. It's still funny though Gail back in the day especially when she was a heel would of loved to have Tessa as her number 2. Gail and Rayne were great together as a heel group, I have no doubt they would of done well together as a group. Still even with a finish another good build towards their Match at Rebellion.

Grace/Cage vs Impact/Taya. The crooked ref finish now explains Kross’ disputed win over Cage from a few weeks back. The match was good and fun and added well to the build to the two PPV title matches.

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

The last Impact before Rebellion and I really hope it comes off strong after what non-watchable stuff I saw this week.

You had your Knockouts Champion taking L's vs Rayne who is a nobody in a sense and not deserving of the win and it confuses things to the point where why can't Rayne say now I beat Taya I deserve a Knockouts Title Shot at Rebellion?

Dez gets a cheating like win over Moose, which was cool, but safe to say we might get Rascalz vs Moose at Rebellion and that is not something I wanna see.

Bahh and Scarlett is now a thing as a team and if this was the Mixed Match Challenge this could be something, but it's not and it doesn't make sense at all Impact hyping Scarlett so much to be teaming with Bahh on the corner. Granted the Knockouts Division is locked in right now, but why Bahh and not managing her own BF Kross or someone else like Drake who this was his last Show I think or next week I mean.

Madman Fulton vs Dreamer. Who cares about the new guy and why should I care about Tommy Dreamer these days? What happened after the Match was way more entertaining than the actual Match and that's never good.

Rosemary and Hogan beefing on who's to blame for the death of Allie, how about it's both of your faults ladies because clearly it is. I don't know what this means for Rebellion maybe Rosemary vs Hogan or even a Triple Threat adding on Su Yung?

One of my favorite Segments this week had to be Tessa going to Mr.Gail Kim Restaurant and embarrassing all the Staff putting food on them. In one way I'm unhappy seeing food going to waste, I know what means to go hungry, at the same time it was funny because no one stopped her and let her do her thing.

Lucha Bros vs Drake/Edwards. A solid Match and the way they had Drake turn was good I felt. The only thing that might not happen now is Drake vs Edwards at Rebellion and it sucks because they have good Matches together. Lucha Bros vs LAX has been one of the best feuds Impact has been gifted to have, and I hope this last Match seemly is their best one.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

That scene where Cage has Callis and his screams need to be GIF'd like that was funny af. Lance Storm is in Impact.

If I can be serious for a min.

Impact has a few good things going right now but feels like the bad outweights the good.

I hope Rosemary is ok she still doesn't look 100% but, I think Impact still has enough to keep my attention.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    That scene where Cage has Callis and his screams need to be GIF'd like that was funny af. Lance Storm is in Impact.

If I can be serious for a min.

Impact has a few good things going right now but feels like the bad outweights the good.

I hope Rosemary is ok she still doesn't look 100% but, I think Impact still has enough to keep my attention.
    Yeah that was funny and Callis calling up D'Amore was funny to me as well. If Lance Storm screws over Cage at Rebellion he might be on a solo Hunting party of all three of them. We are in agreement with Rosemary this is Rosemary from a few years ago back when people were not watching Impact anymore I was and Rosemary and Jade had one of the best feuds in Impact history in my opinion.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information