Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

More importantly what the heck is going to happen with The Lucha Bros signing with AEW? Are they going to have to pull a quick switch with that happening or will Impact form a working relationship with AEW?

Plus this whole Tessa & Gail stuff is just going to lead to a Slammiversary blow off isn't it? Not sure why they'd drag it out 6 months but surely that is what they'll be leading to?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    More importantly what the heck is going to happen with The Lucha Bros signing with AEW? Are they going to have to pull a quick switch with that happening or will Impact form a working relationship with AEW?
    Double or Nothing isn't even happening until late May, which I presume will be the first official AEW event. So I can't really see there being a problem with Lucha Bros working a bit longer with Impact especially when Impact has a PPV in April. Seems like pretty perfect timing tbh.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Double or Nothing isn't even happening until late May, which I presume will be the first official AEW event. So I can't really see there being a problem with Lucha Bros working a bit longer with Impact especially when Impact has a PPV in April. Seems like pretty perfect timing tbh.
    I suppose there is that however Impact is also taped what seems like months in advance so that will need to be taken into account too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I suppose there is that however Impact is also taped what seems like months in advance so that will need to be taken into account too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I just looked it up and it seems as if TNA is doing a series of tapings between Feb 15-17. So if Lucha Bros intend on not being involved with TNA at the next PPV, TNA has this convenient TV taping where they can not only take the belts off of them, but figure out a new tag titles match for Rebellion.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I just looked it up and it seems as if TNA is doing a series of tapings between Feb 15-17. So if Lucha Bros intend on not being involved with TNA at the next PPV, TNA has this convenient TV taping where they can not only take the belts off of them, but figure out a new tag titles match for Rebellion.
    Sounds about right, but do we really know how long is the Contracts The Lucha Bros with Impact Wrestling though? I have a feeling it will go at least a year, and if they take a break from Impact even with the stretched out appearances with Tapings I shutter to think what we get at Rebellion for the Tag Titles. LAX vs Rascalz is the only Matchup I see, unless they want to do some multi-man type of thing to add a team like Drake and Edwards to the party.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    United States

Impact viewership on Pursuit: 12 000

On WOR Dave Meltzer was talking about Impact viewership on the Pursuit channel and the number was apparently 12 250 which is ridiculously low. The Twitch show peaks at little under 10 000 viewers most week so the combined viewership is around 20 000.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the company with AEW and ROH investing heavily and WWE continuing to produce so much content.
    Wow that is pretty insane on how little rating they get, but honestly I never even heard of that channel. I have cable and don't have that channel, and I have a pretty decent amount of channels.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Yeah it's low for sure and it's expected when you pick a Channel to show off your product that the majority of even fans didn't know about before the change. Also I think the Time-slot is terrible too 10 P.M come on get it back on 8 or 9 that's better for a Friday viewing even for me who would watch it at Midnight if need be. I did with ECW back in the day and I'm loyal with this Company to do the same.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I would say last night's Impact was one of the best of the Year so far. I wished they pushed LAX vs Lucha Bros 2 to this Show could of really shot the Show to the Stars if it did happened instead of Mack vs Page.

You had one hell of an opener with Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie. First of all I must commend both ladies dressing like they were ready to fight in the middle of the Street, and big props to Taya giving her respects to Perro Aguayo, while Tessa rocking her Dad's Horsemen Style from the Street Fight he had with Doom years ago. Both ladies were nasty and evil towards each other which you expect to happen in a Street Fight. It's the little things like Tessa spitting on the Perros Del Mal Shirt to go along with the violence that got over the Match with me. I wonder though no Gail Kim at all? What as the point of the mugging and Gail being Referee if not Gail showing up and beating down Tessa after the Match?

Mack vs Page. This Match only happened for Storyline purposes to get Swann vs Callihan in the Ring and it seems that most likely if Swann won't join oVe, he'll be forced to do it now!

Team AAA vs Team Impact. The built towards the Match wasn't great all, but I thought both teams came off strong. Impact needs to sign up Vikingo dude might of been the MVP of this Match and I knew Drake turning on Eddie was going to happen, and you can't blame him after Eddie just stood there when he was taking a pinfall BECAUSE HE TOOK KENNY AWAY FUCK YOU EDDIE!

Lucha Bros vs LAX 3 is going to happen, and the concern Father Konnan could easily Don King this and go with Lucha Bros or LAX depending on who is winning during the Match.

Fatal Four Way for the Impact World Title. I thought all four guys looked great, Kross and Moose would work together and turn on each other like Snakes, and Cage once again ever so close to getting the Title win with Impact landing a Starship Pain outta no where. I imagine we get Cage vs Impact at Rebellion in April and no way Johnny leaves Champion. Moose vs Kross could be happening next too who knows!

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I would say last night's Impact was one of the best of the Year so far. I wished they pushed LAX vs Lucha Bros 2 to this Show could of really shot the Show to the Stars if it did happened instead of Mack vs Page.

You had one hell of an opener with Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie. First of all I must commend both ladies dressing like they were ready to fight in the middle of the Street, and big props to Taya giving her respects to Perro Aguayo, while Tessa rocking her Dad's Horsemen Style from the Street Fight he had with Doom years ago. Both ladies were nasty and evil towards each other which you expect to happen in a Street Fight. It's the little things like Tessa spitting on the Perros Del Mal Shirt to go along with the violence that got over the Match with me. I wonder though no Gail Kim at all? What as the point of the mugging and Gail being Referee if not Gail showing up and beating down Tessa after the Match?

Mack vs Page. This Match only happened for Storyline purposes to get Swann vs Callihan in the Ring and it seems that most likely if Swann won't join oVe, he'll be forced to do it now!

Team AAA vs Team Impact. The built towards the Match wasn't great all, but I thought both teams came off strong. Impact needs to sign up Vikingo dude might of been the MVP of this Match and I knew Drake turning on Eddie was going to happen, and you can't blame him after Eddie just stood there when he was taking a pinfall BECAUSE HE TOOK KENNY AWAY FUCK YOU EDDIE!

Lucha Bros vs LAX 3 is going to happen, and the concern Father Konnan could easily Don King this and go with Lucha Bros or LAX depending on who is winning during the Match.

Fatal Four Way for the Impact World Title. I thought all four guys looked great, Kross and Moose would work together and turn on each other like Snakes, and Cage once again ever so close to getting the Title win with Impact landing a Starship Pain outta no where. I imagine we get Cage vs Impact at Rebellion in April and no way Johnny leaves Champion. Moose vs Kross could be happening next too who knows!
    I agree HoHo. The Tessa vs Taya match was incredible...I am very impressed with Tessa especially both inside the ring and her general presence

I liked the ending of the main event
    Cage has positioned himself as the clear cut # 1 contender to Johnny's Title

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Another extremely entertaining Impact this week hooray for us fans of the Company. It seems to be going in the right direction heading to their PPV in April. Even though the opening contest between Moose and Kross was a bridge to get Cage vs Impact finally I can dig that, but I'm left wondering what will Moose and Kross do now? Before the Match, Moose and Kross wanted to beat each other six feet under and then they were pals again? Just have them face each other straight up, maybe we get that next week with Cage and Impact teaming again to take those two on, but I might be wrong about that.

Desi Hit Sqaud vs The Rascalz. Not a bad Match, even know Gama got them high hours before the Match his Clients couldn't get the win.

I liked the Hospital Scene with Callihan and Swann. I found it funny Sami saying I'm sorry, but you put so called family in the Hospital get him to join your group. While Sami might of been angry, he was happy to see Swann show some balls in saying no. The Nurse said family only inside the Room for Swann and Swann said "he is family". Sami threw the oVe Shirt on his Blankets and left hmm make your choice Swann.

Edwards vs Drake. I though this Match was really good, I forgot those two had a good Match when Drake was Impact World Champion which feels like forever ago. It is funny Drake got outsmarted again when he wanted to go hardcore, wonder what might Drake do now?

Tessa right after Doom and Alisha after their average Match and I thought Tessa nearly killed Doom. The Powerbomb was vicious and the DDT was even more vicious especially after she grabbed her hair giving no fucks. Gail vs Tessa is going to be amazing, as Taya sits back and does nothing till then I suppose. Doom later challenged Tessa to a Match next week, so she wants to die apparently

Who is Ace Austin and why should I care?

The Dark War Battle is happening for Allie's body and essence. Rosemary Team vs Allie and Su Yung's Troops oh boy it's going to be cringe worthy no doubt when that happens.

LAX vs Lucha Bros 3. Another good Match between two of the best Tag Teams in the business. Even though personally I loved The Mexico City Match more of the three, but still a good Match no doubt. LAX needed to turn Heel here to warrant a 4th Match between the two I wonder if Konnan is going to want to be on board with this, taking their Masks Konnan knows how that feels I wonder if he'll leave between LAX now, because of what they did. Still wonderful work with this.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Whoever is writing the TV lately deserves a little bit of a raise, but it seems like the past Month or so of Impact Shows have been really entertaining throughout.

Swann vs Page who is on the way out Page has been doing really well as a talent. It just sucks Impact couldn't find anything for him to do after Sydal left or got injury not too sure. Still the Match was a good way to start off the Show and Swann suckering me thinking he was finally joining oVe makes me think when Page did the same to the NWO and hit the Diamond Cutter on Nash and Hall God those were the days. Sami is going to kill off Swann now!

Ace Austin vs Jake Atlas. Atlas got more offense than I thought he should get, but Ace has tons of potential to be something. Ace rolling in with the Gambit Jacket, Metal Stick, and holding a Ace in his and hmm..he might really be Gambit and fans gave it him as well during the Match. Atlas needs to be signed too he had a good performance under the situation that he needs to make Ace look impressive, he did in his own way as well.

The Taya/Impact Segment talking about oh well I'm hurt, but I'm going to still defend my Title, but pity me was so fake to me. If you watch Wrestling enough you can get the vibe Impact is turning heel. He gets "injured" just as Cage was ripe to win the Title over him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him push this shit till the Rebellion PPV, but for sure I think Impact is turning heel he knows he can't defeat Cage without something chaotic happening.

So I thought the Alisha Segment that got Desi Hit Sqaud, Edwards and Drake apart of the party was cool. Desi Hit Squad oh boy talking about how Women should't wrestle, and rather be in the Kitchen cooking that's a recipe for them to get some momentum more of that from them. Also Drake saves Eddie, and Alisha like myself see's theirs chemistry in the Ring with the two why not go after the Tag Titles when eventually LAX wins them back? Listen to Alisha and Drake..EDDIE!

The Dark War with the winner getting Allie's Soul for good. A solid Match, but outside of the Light change nothing felt special about the environment of the Match. They could of turned this Match into a Street Fight or Monsters Balls Match of some kind disappointed with this one, but at least this feud is over???

Disco Segment in the back had me giggling he is seeing Double J, Cody and The Young Bucks backstage clearly Killer Kross beat that man into another Universe. I like how they turned a real life issue Disco brought up pretty much hating real Women's Wrestling and using it as a feud people will get into so hard with Scarlett representing the ladies and Disco representing a Segment of fans who feel that same way. I'm pretty sure Disco would be a perfect foe in Joshi like Police, I'm going to enjoy the beatdown he's going to take.

Lucha Bros vs The Rascalz. Too short of a Match, but I thought theirs potential for even more great stuff for the future. Still a good Main Event!

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status

Alisha Edwards is just flat out horrible at promos
    It was painful to watch

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Impact is about to MEET HIS MAKER FRIDAY NIGHT!

Real Women of Genius

The Planet's Admin

Status
      Country                    England

How long has Disco been back in Impact?

I thought Tessa Vs Grace would of been saved for a PPV match down the line.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    How long has Disco been back in Impact?

I thought Tessa Vs Grace would of been saved for a PPV match down the line.
    Well he came back during the Thanksgiving edition of Impact, and he just came back these past few weeks. I don't see a real winner well at least a fishy ending happening with Grace and Tessa via maybe Gail Kim. She needs to do something, she's been MIA in this feud.

Grace thus far has been a failing test with Impact she hasn't gotten over to the degree Impact was hoping for. Maybe Friday it turns the corner for her.

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status

I am really looking forward To The Disco Inferno Segment

I see the Impact vs cage Match going one of 2 Ways

1....Cage attacks Impacts neck and Impact either submits or someone stopes the match and awards the Title to Cage
    2....Impact has been feigning his neck injury and doops Cage

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I am really looking forward To The Disco Inferno Segment

I see the Impact vs cage Match going one of 2 Ways

1....Cage attacks Impacts neck and Impact either submits or someone stopes the match and awards the Title to Cage
    2....Impact has been feigning his neck injury and doops Cage
    Well you get a half a point Impact was faking his injury and it was Taya who dropped Cage! After the past couple of weeks or more of great TV, their was alot of filler or things that made me shake my head. The negatives I had first start with the direction of The Rascalz and it gets more confusing by the week. Look I get it, the X-Division and Tag Team Division is wrapped up at the moment, but come on now do we need to bled dry this were high stick to death? Moose entered the Universe, and beat all three of them wonder if The Rascalz will take shit seriously now after they come off that high next week.

Another negative I saw this week is thing with Allie and Rosemary. The whole purpose of Rosemary coming back was to save Allie's Soul and the Segment this week is saying Bunny Allie will never return! So were going to stretch out further Allie returning to her former self most likely at the Rebellion PPV oh boy.

Some other things that didn't sit well with me stem from Disco Match vs Kikutaro and Reno Scum vs Bahh/KM. When it comes to Disco he just had a straight Match with him, wouldn't it been smarter to have him wrestle a girl showing that Women don't deserve to be Wrestling which is what he was saying last week? I don't know having a competitive Match with Kikutaro did any favors for him, outside the comment Disco said is this NJPW's World Champion towards Kikutaro

Now to Reno Scum who were suppose to be a big deal coming back, they lose again to Bahh and KM. So you bring back a new team and they are 0-2 vs them and now were suppose to take them seriously? Reno Scum is sinking like the Titantic Impact!

Well those are the negatives I got through that and survive here are some of the positives coming from Impact this week. Well Swann vs Callihan keeps heating up and it went up a level after the good opening to start off the Show. Sami and Tommy are so fucking sick, one guy spits on the other, and then Dreamer puts in his MOUTH WHAT! Still Swann is outsmarting Sami at every turn, he can't get Swann on his side, so he finally knows he'll have to take away Swann's X-Division to finally win the war. Sami gets that opportunity next week!

Another strong positive this week is what happened with Grace, Gail, and Tessa. Tessa looked great even in a losing affair to Grace, and it was one of Grace's better performance since arriving in the Company. Well Grace has been thrusted into the Title picture and a now Heel Taya could be some great stuff to watch and see if people get behind Grace and in wanting to see her as Knockouts Champion. Tessa through owned that Segment and Match though. Tessa after the loss, lost it completely beating up the Bell Ringer of all people! Gail Kim saves the day, first did she get a boob job, but finally Gail got into this feud alot more. I like how Gail actions now being apart of the Company outside of a Wrestler got her suspended and Tessa ate that knowledge of so much in the back. Still Gail vs Tessa is the Main Event in my eyes, hope they don't fuck this up!

Drake and Edwards win again and Drake gives Eddie a Kendo Stick to give them the win! I still wondering if Drake really want to see Eddie change, or has Drake found out this is Edwards and you can't change him?

Cage vs Impact. Even though you would like to see a Main Event of a Show to end in actual Wrestling I thought this Segment was handled so perfectly. You had Kross ready to kill Impact, and then Taya coming out with Cage pleading him to help save her Husband. The lowblow was so great to see people honestly shocked at the thought Taya and Impact playing them like Fiddles. Kross was laughing and impressed of all of this going on, and you can take it up as Kross knew about all along which is why Kross wanted to be his bodyguard. He saw the Wolf in Sheep's Clothing in Impact and I'm looking forward to a Heel Impact reaching douche levels of greatness like he did in Lucha Underground.

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status

Come on HoHo

I think you are splitting hairs here
    Mrs. Impact is still a part of team Impact

Please reconsider and give me a full point

I will be awaiting your decision with bated breath

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Come on HoHo

I think you are splitting hairs here
    Mrs. Impact is still a part of team Impact

Please reconsider and give me a full point

I will be awaiting your decision with bated breath
    Full point given

Impact and Taya have death wishes for what they did to Cage on Friday night. You don't piss off a Terminator.

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Full point given

Impact and Taya have death wishes for what they did to Cage on Friday night. You don't piss off a Terminator.
    Morrison/Impact as a heel should prove to be a more interesting/layered character than dull/monotone face Impact

Thread Information