Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

More importantly what the heck is going to happen with The Lucha Bros signing with AEW? Are they going to have to pull a quick switch with that happening or will Impact form a working relationship with AEW?

Plus this whole Tessa & Gail stuff is just going to lead to a Slammiversary blow off isn't it? Not sure why they'd drag it out 6 months but surely that is what they'll be leading to?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    More importantly what the heck is going to happen with The Lucha Bros signing with AEW? Are they going to have to pull a quick switch with that happening or will Impact form a working relationship with AEW?
    Double or Nothing isn't even happening until late May, which I presume will be the first official AEW event. So I can't really see there being a problem with Lucha Bros working a bit longer with Impact especially when Impact has a PPV in April. Seems like pretty perfect timing tbh.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Double or Nothing isn't even happening until late May, which I presume will be the first official AEW event. So I can't really see there being a problem with Lucha Bros working a bit longer with Impact especially when Impact has a PPV in April. Seems like pretty perfect timing tbh.
    I suppose there is that however Impact is also taped what seems like months in advance so that will need to be taken into account too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I suppose there is that however Impact is also taped what seems like months in advance so that will need to be taken into account too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I just looked it up and it seems as if TNA is doing a series of tapings between Feb 15-17. So if Lucha Bros intend on not being involved with TNA at the next PPV, TNA has this convenient TV taping where they can not only take the belts off of them, but figure out a new tag titles match for Rebellion.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I just looked it up and it seems as if TNA is doing a series of tapings between Feb 15-17. So if Lucha Bros intend on not being involved with TNA at the next PPV, TNA has this convenient TV taping where they can not only take the belts off of them, but figure out a new tag titles match for Rebellion.
    Sounds about right, but do we really know how long is the Contracts The Lucha Bros with Impact Wrestling though? I have a feeling it will go at least a year, and if they take a break from Impact even with the stretched out appearances with Tapings I shutter to think what we get at Rebellion for the Tag Titles. LAX vs Rascalz is the only Matchup I see, unless they want to do some multi-man type of thing to add a team like Drake and Edwards to the party.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status
      Country                    United States

Impact viewership on Pursuit: 12 000

On WOR Dave Meltzer was talking about Impact viewership on the Pursuit channel and the number was apparently 12 250 which is ridiculously low. The Twitch show peaks at little under 10 000 viewers most week so the combined viewership is around 20 000.

It will be interesting to see what happens to the company with AEW and ROH investing heavily and WWE continuing to produce so much content.
    Wow that is pretty insane on how little rating they get, but honestly I never even heard of that channel. I have cable and don't have that channel, and I have a pretty decent amount of channels.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Yeah it's low for sure and it's expected when you pick a Channel to show off your product that the majority of even fans didn't know about before the change. Also I think the Time-slot is terrible too 10 P.M come on get it back on 8 or 9 that's better for a Friday viewing even for me who would watch it at Midnight if need be. I did with ECW back in the day and I'm loyal with this Company to do the same.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I would say last night's Impact was one of the best of the Year so far. I wished they pushed LAX vs Lucha Bros 2 to this Show could of really shot the Show to the Stars if it did happened instead of Mack vs Page.

You had one hell of an opener with Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie. First of all I must commend both ladies dressing like they were ready to fight in the middle of the Street, and big props to Taya giving her respects to Perro Aguayo, while Tessa rocking her Dad's Horsemen Style from the Street Fight he had with Doom years ago. Both ladies were nasty and evil towards each other which you expect to happen in a Street Fight. It's the little things like Tessa spitting on the Perros Del Mal Shirt to go along with the violence that got over the Match with me. I wonder though no Gail Kim at all? What as the point of the mugging and Gail being Referee if not Gail showing up and beating down Tessa after the Match?

Mack vs Page. This Match only happened for Storyline purposes to get Swann vs Callihan in the Ring and it seems that most likely if Swann won't join oVe, he'll be forced to do it now!

Team AAA vs Team Impact. The built towards the Match wasn't great all, but I thought both teams came off strong. Impact needs to sign up Vikingo dude might of been the MVP of this Match and I knew Drake turning on Eddie was going to happen, and you can't blame him after Eddie just stood there when he was taking a pinfall BECAUSE HE TOOK KENNY AWAY FUCK YOU EDDIE!

Lucha Bros vs LAX 3 is going to happen, and the concern Father Konnan could easily Don King this and go with Lucha Bros or LAX depending on who is winning during the Match.

Fatal Four Way for the Impact World Title. I thought all four guys looked great, Kross and Moose would work together and turn on each other like Snakes, and Cage once again ever so close to getting the Title win with Impact landing a Starship Pain outta no where. I imagine we get Cage vs Impact at Rebellion in April and no way Johnny leaves Champion. Moose vs Kross could be happening next too who knows!

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I would say last night's Impact was one of the best of the Year so far. I wished they pushed LAX vs Lucha Bros 2 to this Show could of really shot the Show to the Stars if it did happened instead of Mack vs Page.

You had one hell of an opener with Tessa Blanchard and Taya Valkyrie. First of all I must commend both ladies dressing like they were ready to fight in the middle of the Street, and big props to Taya giving her respects to Perro Aguayo, while Tessa rocking her Dad's Horsemen Style from the Street Fight he had with Doom years ago. Both ladies were nasty and evil towards each other which you expect to happen in a Street Fight. It's the little things like Tessa spitting on the Perros Del Mal Shirt to go along with the violence that got over the Match with me. I wonder though no Gail Kim at all? What as the point of the mugging and Gail being Referee if not Gail showing up and beating down Tessa after the Match?

Mack vs Page. This Match only happened for Storyline purposes to get Swann vs Callihan in the Ring and it seems that most likely if Swann won't join oVe, he'll be forced to do it now!

Team AAA vs Team Impact. The built towards the Match wasn't great all, but I thought both teams came off strong. Impact needs to sign up Vikingo dude might of been the MVP of this Match and I knew Drake turning on Eddie was going to happen, and you can't blame him after Eddie just stood there when he was taking a pinfall BECAUSE HE TOOK KENNY AWAY FUCK YOU EDDIE!

Lucha Bros vs LAX 3 is going to happen, and the concern Father Konnan could easily Don King this and go with Lucha Bros or LAX depending on who is winning during the Match.

Fatal Four Way for the Impact World Title. I thought all four guys looked great, Kross and Moose would work together and turn on each other like Snakes, and Cage once again ever so close to getting the Title win with Impact landing a Starship Pain outta no where. I imagine we get Cage vs Impact at Rebellion in April and no way Johnny leaves Champion. Moose vs Kross could be happening next too who knows!
    I agree HoHo. The Tessa vs Taya match was incredible...I am very impressed with Tessa especially both inside the ring and her general presence

I liked the ending of the main event
    Cage has positioned himself as the clear cut # 1 contender to Johnny's Title

Thread Information