Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

Did enjoy Santana Vs Fenix. That's gonna be a great tag match at homecoming.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Man I really hope Impact knocks it outta the park this Thursday and their last Episode on Pop. They haven't had any new Shows in weeks, just using the past few as The Best of from the Promotion which is a huge mistake in my opinion. You need all the momentum you can get going into the Homecoming PPV this Sunday, and you wasted weeks of chances to build the feuds and Matches for the PPV which is going to hurt the PPV no doubt from people wanting to order the PPV. Granted Lucha Bros vs Cage/Impact is going to be a great one, we are going to get plenty of action just hope their egos don't blow up until the Match is done. Also that Ten Man Tag merging together the Ultimate X and beef with Mack and Callihan is going to nuts!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Prince Of Joshi

Status

"Cross fingers"

It's the first Impact on Pursuit, and the news of Twitch live Streaming Impact from Friday on for fans hopefully means more eyes on the Company. Rascalz vs Lucha Bros guys!!

Real Women of Genius

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status
      Country                    Canada

Looks like a decent follow up to Homecoming.

I still don't understand how having it on Twitch is going to make it seen by more people. Every episode of Impact(for the past year now) has been uploaded to the free version of the GWN app that they push on every episode. If people didn't watch it then when it was free, i doubt they will now.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    Looks like a decent follow up to Homecoming.

I still don't understand how having it on Twitch is going to make it seen by more people. Every episode of Impact(for the past year now) has been uploaded to the free version of the GWN app that they push on every episode. If people didn't watch it then when it was free, i doubt they will now.
    Twitch is free too. You don't need to sign up and make an Account to see their Shows. Theirs a huge difference I believe seeing a Show days later on the App vs watching it live though. Legit right after the Show airs, it will be there in their Archive faster unlike the App you have to wait sometimes close to a week to see that week's Show. People want to see stuff now and their patience to have to wait is low for some people. Impact in the past have done good stuff on their Twitch Channel remember that Lucha Underground joint Production they did?

I would say though too it's a trial run and I believe the UK, Mexico, Ireland might not get the Stream live right now, but I imagine when the cry for it from fans overseas especially increases hopefully that will change.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 01-10-2019 at 03:51 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I gotta be honest I'm really torn on who I want to see as Impact World Champion right now, Killer Kross or Brian Cage. Cage is the known talent around the world, but Kross is a legit psychopath and the way he talks, his facial expressions is so scary to watch. If Impact doesn't sign Kross long term I can legit see this guy being a top talent for WWE or whatever he wants to go. That whole opening Segment with Impact not only getting his ass mugged by Moose and Kross, Cage picks up the pieces and attacks a Referee yes that is how you show someone has lost it. You don't need a guy to flip over a Limo to show how badass he is.

Some other positives I saw from this week's Episode let's see Gail Kim got her ass handed to her by Tesss Blanchard. Girl was getting choked out by Tessa, and she went postal on Gail and anyone who was in her way. Taya can say whatever she wants, but when you win the Title under that type of situation it really means Impact has more faith in the heel and want to protect her, instead of making you look great in a Title win. Tessa is going to be an afterthought in all this and that sucks to see. X-Division was shown nicely with Miguel vs Swann, and Drake and Edwards going into the direction it needs to be as well. Moose vs Cage was good as well, if their was another Singles Title Moose should be in line to have it after the work I've seen from him in 2018 and early 2019.

Negatives let's see Scarlett's fucking Talent Search for her Management was a faux. Time..money..and effort put into all of that, just to say fuck I'm not doing that, but I'm going to wrestle ugh. Rosemary/Allie/Su's Arc is going more confusing by the Segment, and thrown under the Table is Grace jobbering out Allie a former Knockouts Champion like nothing oh boy.

oVe vs LAX a rivalry renewed for one night and it was good while it lasted. WE could be getting Lucha Bros vs LAX 2, and I just have a feeling one of the teams are turning heels. Next week were going to Mexico people!

Real Women of Genius

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

First Impact i've watched all the way through for a while so forgive me for not getting the ideas on lots of what's going on.

HoHo on your first point, i'd go with Cage. You need to strike whilst the iron is hot, and he looks like a star at the moment. Maybe you have them exchanging title wins for a little while before pinning one down longer term.

I'm quite interested in what Callihan has on Swann to keep offering him the oVe stuff....what links does Swann have to Ohio?

As for the Knockouts errm yeah match was bit of an afterthought given how it all went down afterwards :/

Also would like to give props to Eli Drake on commentary, some good stuff there.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    First Impact i've watched all the way through for a while so forgive me for not getting the ideas on lots of what's going on.

HoHo on your first point, i'd go with Cage. You need to strike whilst the iron is hot, and he looks like a star at the moment. Maybe you have them exchanging title wins for a little while before pinning one down longer term.

I'm quite interested in what Callihan has on Swann to keep offering him the oVe stuff....what links does Swann have to Ohio?

As for the Knockouts errm yeah match was bit of an afterthought given how it all went down afterwards :/

Also would like to give props to Eli Drake on commentary, some good stuff there.
    Well I do remember Swann and Callihan feuding in CZW, and I bet they'll go the route we were brothers when you got your first start and now you're alone, come to us and we'll protect each other. Swann has played a heel before, but he's too popular to turn right now so Callihan will next try to end him. I agree what WWE failed to do with Strowman, the Iron is hot with Cage, and the people want the change so much completely pieing the faces of Impact who picked Impact as their guy. The fans are increasing chanting "Next World Champ" for Cage, it's just a matter of time before it happens.

I forgot about Drake how dummy of me, his comments towards Edwards saying all he needs is to eat some more Pancakes and he could look like Tommy Dreamer broke me.

Real Women of Genius

Established Veteran

Status

I also enjoyed him ripping on Josh as much as he could. It's a rare instance where having a wrestler on commentary actually added to the match. I really liked the fact of how much he put over Edwards when he was a "Star" I hope the feud continues this way as it heads towards it's climax.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Eli Drake is awesome and has really made the most of his time in TNA wonder if he ends up going back to the E a la EC3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
      Country                    United States

Eli Drake is definitely a star and someone I can imagine as IC Champ.

Established Veteran

Status

To be honest I think he'd get lost in the shuffle in WWE. If he leaves Impact he should look to head to Japan or AEW so his star can continue to rise.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Kross vs Impact 3, it was pretty crazy week with the Impact Title on the line I'm sure Cage is going to interfere in this one setting up a Triple Threat for the Championship down the line.

@Zero what should we prepared to see with Hijo Del Vikingo vs Swann on Friday buddy?

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Rascalz are already annoying

Giving Away Impact vs Cross on Free TV Is An Interesting Move

Thread Information