CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I miss Rosemary:/
    Don't worry with Allie returning last night, I have a feeling she returns maybe next week if not the PPV.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Impact Thursday Night shall be a very interesting Show to say the least. I heard their ratings was pretty low, one of the lowest of the year and it sucks sometimes because I've seen them have great Show and now raise up ratings wise. Oh well from what they have told us so far what's on tap for Impact Swann who was mega over last week versus Lee is getting a huge...A HUGE..Match with Fenix. You gotta think Swann is going to keep rolling, but shit Swann vs Fenix could be the Match of the night like Swann vs Lee was last week. Another thing I'm looking forward to has to be what evidence does Konnan have on Kingston that is going to hang him? We all know Kingston is the reason why he was gone, but what will Kingston do after he is put on front Street? Blood In..BLOOD OUT remember Kingston? Lastly Killer Kross debuts finally after all the dedication done for the guy, it's time to start having a pay off please!

Real Women of Genius

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Swann/Fenix will EASILY be the best thing on this show.

Interested in the K-Dawg stuff as well.

It's good to see Allie back to.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

First of all can Impact do from this week till the end of time to have Impact Shows only at Windsor College!? The fans in these Tapings have loved everything and been into the Matches and to me it's great to see the fans so into the product from these Show like I am on this Forum. Now it's time to give my thoughts on the Show last night prepare people it's going to be a nice ride.

Fenix vs Swann. This week I saw two of the best Wrestling Matches in quite some time first it was Buddy Murphy vs Mustafa Ali from 205 Live this week and now I got another one from Fenix vs Swann from Impact. Man this Match was amazing and alot of people, might not notice their were botches in this Match, but these two professional covered them up really well during the Match. The hot Crowd made it even better as the guys were killing it in the ring and that Driver Fenix did on Swann was sick..and lol the spit coming out too after he kicked out woah. I would of rather of had Swann win this Match, because going into the future I see Swann being with Impact long term and Fenix and the rest of the LU guys might not be there months from now, we don't know the relationship they have going with Impact.

So we go from a great Match then Pentagon JR shows up erm..I MEAN Sami Callihan shows up dressed as Pentagon and he me thinking it was him. That was a pretty sweet of a Segment after with the beatdown with oVe and then the real Pentagon JR shows up and takes them all out. I would say the Match wrapped together with this Segment is one of the best Moments I'll treasure from them in 2018.

Killer Kross vs Fallah Bahh. Man it's one thing for Kross to mug a guy in the back and no one see apparently, but this guy has it in my opinion. The way he looks, his expressions in the ring and his style is a perfect fit to do something in Impact. The man has a Sleeper Hold as a finisher and I shall call it the Jailhouse Sleeper because he locks it in so deep, you are his bitch. I love how it took a Chair to stop him from Petey Williams which when they face each other most likely next week, Petey is going to be rip.

We got a package of a new Knockout coming to Impact and I KNOW THOSE CURVES ANYWHERE! IT'S SCARLETT BORDEAUX!!

Allie/Rayne vs Undead Bride/Su Yung. The Match was okay, but overbooked to hell to me. You see that the people care about a edger Allie vs Rayne as a talent and you see it in the Match, but at least we got a hot feud coming with Tessa Blanchard and Allie locked it most likely at Slammiversary.

I really dug that Aries hype package leading to his Match with Moose at Slammiversary. It was smart of the company to make him World Champion again he makes his Matches feel important. He pretty much said Moose had everything handed to him and he had to scratch and crawl to get to this point in his career. Dreamer's promo after getting mugged by Eddie Edwards gave me the feeling of ECW's Dreamer and they'll settle it at Slammiversary in a House of Hardcore Match!

Katarina vs. Rebel. Skip it's horrible and it's all Rebel's fault. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS YOU OUT SEXY TIME HANA YOU'RE CURSED GIRL!

Cage vs Kongo Kong. A very fun Hoss style Match with both guys doing things that big men aren't suppose to be doing. Like for real Cage doing head over heel flips and Kong doing a Rana on Cage Jesus.

Konnan vs Kingston on the Microphone versus each other was savage and man I can't believe Homicide and Hernandez are back together again! I've been wanting to see it for years and now we got it and now this shit is going to be amazing. Now just me Bloody Metal Fork licking Homicide with Super Mex doing dives over the ropes and we'll all have fun with this feud. Blood will be spilled!

Real Women of Genius

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Man I only watch any show in highlights mostly just cause of time and quality these days but this episode looks really good based on their uploaded highlights. Anyone know how to watch the show on demand?
    Last edited by RobyD; 07-07-2018 at 01:43 AM.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Fenix/Swann is a nice TV match, but it's not as good as most 205 Live main events. I think Swann still has a bit of ring rust which was the reason for some unsure/botchy moments.

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Highlights Of This Weeks Episode Of Impact

Fenix vs Swann.....Great Match, No Bullshit

Callihan Coming Out As Pentagon

Austin Aries Package

Konnan vs Kingston

Lowlights

My God That Rebel Match Was Awful

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Fenix/Swann is a nice TV match, but it's not as good as most 205 Live main events. I think Swann still has a bit of ring rust which was the reason for some unsure/botchy moments.
    Yeah it wasn't better than Murphy/Ali this week, but I see 205 Live every week and their were Shows that just okay. I'm happy Impact is putting in work in the X-Division and Knockouts Division because months back, that was something I thought Impact sorely needed fixing. Even now we got a hot feud with LAX vs LAX and with Konnan and Kingston as the mouth pieces for the groups you know they are going to bring that fire. Impact is looking good, just wished the Ratings were doing the same thing.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

Joe Hendry gonna be on impact nice x3

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Man I only watch any show in highlights mostly just cause of time and quality these days but this episode looks really good based on their uploaded highlights. Anyone know how to watch the show on demand?
    The GWN app uploads the newest episodes right after they air. For free. They have all the 2018 episodes of Impact on there too. It only costs money if you want to watch further back then that.

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Fenix/Swann is a nice TV match, but it's not as good as most 205 Live main events.

Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Highlights Of This Weeks Episode Of Impact

Callihan Coming Out As Pentagon
    My favorite part of the night.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I mean yeah guys that Six Man Tag is lovely and is going to be insane, but the biggest news to me is Tessa Blanchard signing a long term deal with Impact Wrestling. I heard she pretty much working with them in a small deal or week to week type of thing, and I feared after hearing WWE was on her mind to come back for the MYC 2. Now they have her locked up, man this Division has really gone in the positive direction and I hope it gets deeper and becomes the best thing in the company.

Real Women of Genius

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

That six man is going to be dope, looking forward to it. Blanchard signing is definitely good news. It feels kind of strange lately, Impact just seem to actually be making the right decisions on thing.

I'm still giddy over Homicide and Hernandez being back together as well.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    That six man is going to be dope, looking forward to it. Blanchard signing is definitely good news. It feels kind of strange lately, Impact just seem to actually be making the right decisions on thing.

I'm still giddy over Homicide and Hernandez being back together as well.
    Me too Stojy I've always been a huge Homicide fan and I go back to my days with him when he was teaming with Low Ki another guy I really still love as a Wrestler. I just hope we get those crazy antics from Homicide and Super Mex like we got years before.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status

I want joe hendry to be huge in impact

Spoiler:

Brayden Bridges

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I want joe hendry to be huge in impact
    Based on how they've been using him so far...it's not looking good.

Status

Tonight on IMPACT Wrestling

Tonight is the first IMPACT after Slammiversary and it promises to be a night you will not want to miss! What happened on the biggest night of the summer? Everyone around the world is talking about Slammiversary and it has been universally applauded by fans and wrestling luminaries alike.
    Tonight we experience the fallout! Don’t miss this show! What will happen tonight?
    Austin Aries will return to IMPACT with his World Championship in tact. Tonight Austin Aries will have his Championship Address to kick off an all new IMPACT Wrestling!

How about the highly anticipated debut of Scarlett Bordeaux? It happens tonight on IMPACT! What is this new Knockout all about? Find out in just a few hours.

Johnny IMPACT made his return to Slammiversary and secured a victory in an International 4 Way and tonight Johnny returns to IMPACT for the first time in months!

It all goes down in just a few hours on the first IMPACT after Slammiversary! This will be a show you will not want to miss to experience the fallout of what people have been calling the Pay Per View of the year!

Petey Williams vs. Ishimori Tonight on IMPACT

IMPACTWrestling.Com has learned that tonight on IMPACT we will see Petey Williams vs. Taiji Ishimori in a bit of a Slammiversary rematch. Both men were involved in the International 4 Way Match this past Sunday live on Pay Per View and tonight they go one on one! This promises to be a highly athletic match between two fierce competitors.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

THE MAN

Status

I'm always down for some Taiji Ishimori on Impact. Nice to see they got him all booked up for the TV tapings as well as Slammiversary.

Good on Scarlett finally getting a gig in a known company again.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I'm always down for some Taiji Ishimori on Impact. Nice to see they got him all booked up for the TV tapings as well as Slammiversary.

Good on Scarlett finally getting a gig in a known company again.
    I'm pretty excited to see what they do with her.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

THE MAN

Status

I thought the matches were fine-good on this week's show, and Cage/Sydal was definitely an improvement for me on their Slammiversary match. Tessa again looked strong and someone Impact should put the title on.

It wasn't a blow away delivery and parts of the segment just looked weird (when she licked the mic), but I'm a big fan of the debut of Scarlett and the character they've given her. There is no better week to debut something like this than the week WWE announce the all womens ppv. A character that mockingly wants to join in the womens revolution but is very open about being a sex object at the same time and not wanting to be hot-shammed is hilarious. I've been low key on twitter this week to avoid G1 spoilers, but I hope this got the desired reaction of triggering feminist wrestling fans. I love seeing heels be heels for believable reasons in wrestling, not dumbass spooky lucha underground shit with Su Yung, but the character traits shown by Tessa and Scarlett being arrogant and thinking they are better than everyone for two very different reasons. Oh and the female announcer (Alicia from AMBY i think) is very good at her role, very Renee Young like.

Not a great reaction to Edwards being the man to challenge Austin Aries first from the crowd, have they pushed his character too far to be someone they want in main events now? Time will tell. Santino not speaking in a Santino voice will always seem weird.

Most stuff with oVe doesn't land for me, but I really dug Sami's crazy reaction to being shaved bald by attacking the guy in the restroom, pissing on him and shaving him bald too. Two good segments with OGz and Pentagon too.

Grado/Joe Hendry stuff and the KM/Fallah Bah stuff are the sort of content I don't really want to see in Impact at all.

I was disappointed to see them air more old footage from their glory days, and I keep speaking about it every time I watch Impact but this was the worst week to do something like this. This was a huge week for moving the perception of Impact forward and here they are wasting 10 minutes of TV time on old TNA footage of stars who aren't there anymore. Embrace the future more.

Thread Information