Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 221 to 234 of 234

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

  1. #221
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    7810
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Yeah I'm happy they finally merged the belts. It was a neat little way to shimmy Aries back up to the World Championship but if you're not gonna defend it on TV or even wrestle matches under the original rules then you might as well get rid of it. I've always thought the belt could have been a World Championship if they allowed the time limits to change the style and pace of the wrestlers. Oh well.

    As for the big news of Ishimori returning at Slammiversary, that's good to hear. Hopefully they treat him better now that he's hot. I would definitely have Ishimori involved with Aries as some point. I feel that's the biggest match they could put together.

  2. #222
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,568
    Rep Power
    351845
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Yeah I'm happy they finally merged the belts. It was a neat little way to shimmy Aries back up to the World Championship but if you're not gonna defend it on TV or even wrestle matches under the original rules then you might as well get rid of it. I've always thought the belt could have been a World Championship if they allowed the time limits to change the style and pace of the wrestlers. Oh well.

    As for the big news of Ishimori returning at Slammiversary, that's good to hear. Hopefully they treat him better now that he's hot. I would definitely have Ishimori involved with Aries as some point. I feel that's the biggest match they could put together.
    Yup I would hope Impact would be smart enough to that, but I'm not sure if Impact values Ishimori at that level like NJPW does.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  3. #223
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    7810
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    It doesn't matter what they value. They would have to be stupid to not build that match.

    I would argue that there are more North American fans invested in New Japan than there are Impact, and Taiji just came off looking like he was nearly on Takahashi's level. What they need to do is capitalize on that and put together dreams matches. If they make Ishimori feel like a huge up and coming Japanese star that we are lucky to get over here in the states, and we only see him work with Top talent then he will be valuable.

  4. #224
    Internet Favorite
    Bald Hee-Rick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    2,021
    Rep Power
    106656
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    I've just accidentally found out two matches booked for Slammiversary....someone blank my memory
    I have a plan so cunning......

  5. #225
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,568
    Rep Power
    351845
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    It doesn't matter what they value. They would have to be stupid to not build that match.

    I would argue that there are more North American fans invested in New Japan than there are Impact, and Taiji just came off looking like he was nearly on Takahashi's level. What they need to do is capitalize on that and put together dreams matches. If they make Ishimori feel like a huge up and coming Japanese star that we are lucky to get over here in the states, and we only see him work with Top talent then he will be valuable.
    Yeah I'm all for it Roby, but look how they treated Pentagon JR in his World Title run. At the last moment they figured how to use him, but he came off like a goof in TV and I fear Impact wouldn't be able to make him seem like a Top Contender of the Impact World Title. I wouldn't be shocked to see him being in the X-Division Title Match with multiple talents maybe a Ultimate X would be nice to see come back.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  6. #226
    Demon Bunny
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    117222
      Country                    United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by Sadio HoHo View Post
    Yeah I'm all for it Roby, but look how they treated Pentagon JR in his World Title run. At the last moment they figured how to use him, but he came off like a goof in TV and I fear Impact wouldn't be able to make him seem like a Top Contender of the Impact World Title. I wouldn't be shocked to see him being in the X-Division Title Match with multiple talents maybe a Ultimate X would be nice to see come back.
    Im just waiting for Grado & Ellesworth as Impact Tag Champions

  7. #227
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,568
    Rep Power
    351845
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl





    We are off to not see the Wizard of Oz, but rather to go to the Woods to see Edwards and Callihan try to murder the other and try not to get caught oh wait theirs Cameras in that corner over there is this a German Snuff Film going on? Yeah the Match should be enjoyable for sure, they'll have loads of play with in the Woods like Pine Cones, but expect Dreamer and Eddie's Wife to get involved at one point coming outta the Woods like Winnie the Pooh.

    Z&E vs Drago/Aerostar Tag Titles on the line though that's going to be one hell of a Match, got me remembering that Six Man Tag that was done a month or so ago that was really damn great. I expect Z&E retaining, but it sure as hell won't be a easy victory for them tonight.

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  8. #228
    Sweet Meat
    Hollywood Dook's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    56,492
    Rep Power
    685686

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Even though I love all four guys, I felt like the DJZ/Everett tag with Dragon and Aerostar wasn't too good this week. Some awkward spots/bad timing/too hokey spots for me.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  9. #229
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,568
    Rep Power
    351845
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    Even though I love all four guys, I felt like the DJZ/Everett tag with Dragon and Aerostar wasn't too good this week. Some awkward spots/bad timing/too hokey spots for me.
    I actually had fun with those teams facing each other this week. Z&E could be a great Tag Team going forward for Impact, I just might fall in love with them like I did with London and Kendrick in the WWE they were put together all of a sudden.

    I was so happy to see Diamante returning to Impact love that girl. She seems to be healthy, and she is the only one who knows Kingston off'ed Konnan and Homicide to take over the business mafia style. It's just a matter of time before all this gets blown up and see a Civil War among LAX. When all of this is done put my girl Diamante in the Knockouts Division please and thank you.

    Fact of Life return with Eliiiiii....DRAKE was great. Drake can make something worth while to watch with his mouth so easily and I'm actually looking forward to him face Moose next week. Moose should win, and I'm honest I'm not looking forward to a Moose vs Aries Slammiverary World Title Match, but hey I can suffer through it as long as Aries retains.

    Tessa beating up Hogan

    Rayne wanting to be Knockouts Champion again

    Callihan vs Edwards

    Dreamer vs Edwards now I imagine so Dreamer are you going to take Eddie's lady or what and retcon that you have a Wife hmm

    Next week…

    * #1 Contender’s Match: Moose vs. Eli Drake
    * X-Division Title Match: Champion Matt Sydal vs. Cage
    * Tessa Blanchard vs. Kiera Hogan

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  10. #230
    Scumbag Role Model
    Spanish Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,022
    Rep Power
    950216
      Country                    United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    WHY IS DREAMER ON EVERY SHOW

    And how the fuck did they mishandle that Edwards angle so badly?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  11. #231
    I Want It All!
    Sadio HoHo's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    32,568
    Rep Power
    351845
      Country                    Puerto Rico

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    So what did everyone think about Impact this week? I wished some of you guys would watch it on Thursday with me, but I'm happy that this a group of you guys that chat it up with me weekly whether that day or within the few days about the Shows.

    We start off Impact this week with Edwards mugging Grado and saving us from watching him wrestle this hooray. Edwards has fucking lost it and I thought this segment came off strong, goofy at times, but strong and it was effective in telling that Eddie is losing everything because of his obsession with killing Sami Callihan. I would of lost it too when Tommy said I talked to your Wife, why are you talking to his WIFE TOMMY AREN'T YOU MARRIED!?? Eddie hitting Dreamer with the Cane was going to happen, hopefully their is a payoff with their Match. I did find it funny after the Segment Tommy is pissed and says to D'Moore I'm not even a talent, wait didn't you have a Match for Impact over a Month ago, but you're not a talent lolz.

    Valkyrie vs Rebel. It was a okay Match, why in the hell did Rebel get a welcome back and let's go Rebel chant for real. Right now Impact doesn't have a plan truly for Taya, it might be with Rayne, but isn't she feuding with Tessa. Right now Impact has three top flight heels and with Rosemary, Allie gone, the faces aren't as strong right now.

    Flashback of the week Styles/Joe/Daniels then after that Sydal shows up, and we see wow Styles X-Division Champion and now we have Sydal on top of the Mountain talk about a downgrade.

    KM & Fallah Bahh vs. Trevor Lee & Caleb Konley. Snoozefest don't watch it.

    LAX Segment of the week and it seems Diamante still doesn't believe Kingston at all, and please tell me Eddie how did you get LAX a Title Shot next week, but not a Knockouts Title shot for Diamante?

    Drake vs Moose. This Match was really fun, both guys always have great Matches with the other and I honestly for the live of me, I don't get why this Match with it's importance being at House of Hardcore instead of the Undercard for Cage/Sydal if not the Main because it's for the World Title you know Impact Staff.

    Blanchard vs Hogan. In my opinion these two ladies had the best Match of the Show and man the hard work they showed in this Match made me a happy Panda. Hogan once again showing fire like no other and Tessa being ruthless as fuck getting the win with that facebuster on the Chair for the win.

    Fantasma vs Crist. Pretty much was a Segment to show us the next feud for Sami and that's with Pentagon JR. I guess we could be getting a AAA vs oVe feud as a big feud, but it's going to be fun Matches no less.

    Sydal vs Cage. We should of had a new Champion in Cage, but nah Impact wants to do Kong vs Cage and God I don't wanna see that unless they somehow weave in Sydal for the X-Division Title.

    Impact ends with the guy who has been mugging talent and staff in the company for months and that dude is truly intimidating to look at with all the Tattoos. He looks like he could be a Gang in Jail, I heard his name is Killer Kross never heard of him. If anyone has seen his work any Matches I should check on him, and what your thoughts on him in your opinion please is helpful.

    NEXT WEEK..

    Valkyrie vs Rayne
    LAX vs Z&E Tag Titles on the Line

    Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

  12. #232
    Young Gunz
    Comeback Kid's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Viridian City
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    20143
      Country                    United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    I've been watching episodes of Impact wrestling recently and I've got to say, I completely hate the way that it's presented. It seems like I'm watching a highlight show put together ala UFC Unleashed. I get that they want to be different with their presentation and really come into their own under new management but it just all looks and feels ridiculous.

    As far as the actual wrestling, I've just not been impressed with any of the storylines or matches tbh. TNA/Impact Wrestling used to be pretty good at making you care about an upcoming match (Samoa Joe VS Kurt Angle; Christian Cage's first title reign) but now...I'm just not seeing it.

  13. #233
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,233
    Rep Power
    7810
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by Comeback Kid View Post
    I've been watching episodes of Impact wrestling recently and I've got to say, I completely hate the way that it's presented. It seems like I'm watching a highlight show put together ala UFC Unleashed. I get that they want to be different with their presentation and really come into their own under new management but it just all looks and feels ridiculous.

    As far as the actual wrestling, I've just not been impressed with any of the storylines or matches tbh. TNA/Impact Wrestling used to be pretty good at making you care about an upcoming match (Samoa Joe VS Kurt Angle; Christian Cage's first title reign) but now...I'm just not seeing it.
    Disagree with both these notions.

    There reason the show looks like a clip show is obvious. They are trying to get the most television time possible with the least recording days. So it’s out of order and off location stuff presented to be the same weeks events. This is smart of them and is actually a step in the direction of more live show formats as their audience grows.

    As for the storylines, nothing has been great yet but back then all those guys were hot. No one is hot in Impact yet. I think it’s way more interesting to watch than a year ago though.

    Summed up, yeah they’ve got a long way to go, but compared to where they’ve been more recently, this product is on the up and up.

  14. #234
    Demon Bunny
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    2,004
    Rep Power
    117222
      Country                    United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

    Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Disagree with both these notions.

    There reason the show looks like a clip show is obvious. They are trying to get the most television time possible with the least recording days. So it’s out of order and off location stuff presented to be the same weeks events. This is smart of them and is actually a step in the direction of more live show formats as their audience grows.

    As for the storylines, nothing has been great yet but back then all those guys were hot. No one is hot in Impact yet. I think it’s way more interesting to watch than a year ago though.

    Summed up, yeah they’ve got a long way to go, but compared to where they’ve been more recently, this product is on the up and up.
    Killer Elite Squad has been a good story plus Allie/Rosemary/Yung

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •