Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2018: Please Don't Molest The Owl

Showing footage from your past is never a good idea
    Basically your just showing people how far the company has fallen
    I remember WCW used to go the same thing in the early 90's when Flair left for The WWF

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Showing footage from your past is never a good idea
    Basically your just showing people how far the company has fallen
    I remember WCW used to go the same thing in the early 90's when Flair left for The WWF
    I don't really have an issue with showing content especially to promote your archives but of course, TNA does have the stigma of being better than Impact and the amount they put on makes the show feel very disjointed.

I know Smackdown, and maybe RAW? had this in the UK for awhile, or something similar. Some kind of flashback match. Did it feel as disjointed and disconnecting at these do?

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    I don't really have an issue with showing content especially to promote your archives but of course, TNA does have the stigma of being better than Impact and the amount they put on makes the show feel very disjointed.

I know Smackdown, and maybe RAW? had this in the UK for awhile, or something similar. Some kind of flashback match. Did it feel as disjointed and disconnecting at these do?
    It's not that I have a problem with them, when WWE does it it's a quick let's 30 seconds to a minute highlight of a Match, versus Impact to where they'll put the whole Match sometimes right before a Main Event. Yeah for real it kinda feels off to me at times even though alot of the Matches they show are really damn good.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-13-2018 at 10:34 PM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    What I liked:

- E and Z - DJ Z is too talented on this roster to just be the #6 X-Division guy, so I welcome this tag team because they are short of them. Did they used to be a tag team when DJ Z was last healthy? because they presented them as if they were a legit team and this wasn't their first match together. Chalk up another good tag team match for the LAX boys.

- 4 Way X-Division match - It was a step down from last week's 6 man tag, it got a bit sloppy in places, but this was one of the high moments of the show.

- Tessa package - Really well shot, she's a good talker.

What I didn't like:

- #FuckThatDoor - way way too much focus on this Callis/Callihan thing to where we were probably shown that door a half dozen times in the first hour of the show. It also threw in a question about time and space because Josh Matthews was in front of the green screen reacting to live updates about the management meeting, telling us we all just saw Edwards barge in LIVE, but when he's on commentary in the first hour he's talking non-stop about how 'the meeting is still going on, we'll interrupt any match with news from that' and then after Sami's not being fired he spends time on commentary talking about that decision. So the question is, as a viewer am I suppose to believe that Josh Matthews is running to and from the green screen room to the commentary table after every match? or are there TWO Josh Matthews working on this show

- Grado and Katrina - This show already has enough family friendly variety acts on the show in KM and Fallah Bah that I don't need more horrible wrestlers with 'big' personalities having bad matches. I shouldn't be seeing the level of wrestling I can watch at the holiday camps in England for 8 year olds when I'm viewing the TV show for one of the bigger promotions in America. Grado is garbage.

- 30 minute of non modern Impact matches - There's a large section of this show where they show a Moose/Kong match from House of Hardcore, a year old Cage/Sugiura match from NOAH and then a 9 year old X-Division match. Meanwhile, Impact didn't have any women wrestle on their show tonight. I get that Impact like to show they have working relationships with other promotions but it makes for such a disjointed show when they just cut to a different promotion. I certainly don't think it helps to say every week here's what our TV show used to be like 10 years ago, remember these stars?

- Allie picks up the Voodoo Doll then starts twitching in the mirror - Get lost with this shit.

- Drake Vs Pentagon - I honestly thought this was average and it just reaffirms my belief that they've done nothing good with Pentagon since he became champion.
    the worst part is josh matthews praising don as the architect of the jericho/omega match

the worst kind of kayfabe is the 'all that shits fake but THIS is real' kayfabe

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

Also, regardless of Grado takes, Katarina looks GOOD. Tommy needs to come back as KatieLeasSlave again

Spoiler:

SAY MY NAME

Status
      Country                    England

Nah tommy turned his back on wrestling just like the best wrestler of the decade Punk did. screw that guy.

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Nah tommy turned his back on wrestling just like the best wrestler of the decade Punk did. screw that guy.
    Which Tommy are we talking about here just wondering? Also Punk I don't have no ill will to him he wanted to do something different in his life, yeah I would love to see him wrestle again one day, but I'm happy that he's doing something that he's interested in.

Man I'm really hype for Pentagon JR/Fantasma vs Aries/Sydal for the Main Event this week! Fantasma and Pentagon have faced and tagged plenty of times it's going to be Lucha Libre perfection between them, and it's going to be pretty nutty when Aries and Sydal are not wanting to tag with each other especially after Sydal loss his Grand Championship to him. Callihan vs Edwards Street Fight BABY it's going to be crazy if it's close to House of Hardcore Match they were apart of what a Month or so ago.

Real Women of Genius

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Looks like a good episode aside from the funeral segment.

Sweet Meat

Status

holy cow was that madison/josh commentary bad

Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    holy cow was that madison/josh commentary bad
    Yeah thank goodness it was just for the Knockouts Match.

WE got new Impact Tag Team Champions people and now Z and E hold the Titles. I don't know that ending with Steiner hitting Drake in the head with a Chair, I hope it doesn't mean a feud between the two because no one wants to see that. Still Z and E their are no better two guys who deserve this run than them that's for damn sure. Think about the positive though people Steiner and Drake breakup and it frees Drake to get back to the World Title sooner rather than later.

Hogan vs Blanchard was a good little Match this week with Hogan showing loads of fire and Blanchard looking good in her own right setting up her feud with Rayne. One thing thought Rayne to me was a better Wrestler and character back when she was with the Beautiful people Blonde, thicker[giggity], and now I don't know if the average fan know who she is. We will see if this feud will get any steam going forward.

Callihan vs Edwards even though it wasn't on Impact, a good Street Fight and I think this feud is not over. Eddie wants this man dead, Slammiversary I imagine will be his shot to get the job done finally. Sorry Tommy this feud isn't over homie.

Rosemary's Funeral Jesus, breathing and spitting out fire for real Su Yung. I'm waiting for Rosemary to do the Kill Bill and rise up from her Casket who knows maybe at Slammiversary it happens.

Pentagon JR/Fantasma vs Aries/Sydal. A really fun Main Event Tag Team Match between four true pros. I legit couldn't breathe when Fantasma and Pentagon JR did the wassup in the corner Lucha Style, and Aries overly sold the fuck outta it even though it wasn't do his Groin, rather his butt hehe.

– Set for next week…

* X-Division Champion Matt Sydal vs. Fantasma
    * LAX vs. Cult of Lee
    * oVe vs. Drago & Aerostar
    * Kongo Kong vs. Moose

– In two weeks at Under Pressure…

* Impact World Champion Pentagon Austin Aries
    * Knockouts Champion Allie vs. Su Yung
    * Madison Rayne vs. Tessa Blanchard

Real Women of Genius

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post

WE got new Impact Tag Team Champions people and now Z and E hold the Titles. I don't know that ending with Steiner hitting Drake in the head with a Chair, I hope it doesn't mean a feud between the two because no one wants to see that. Still Z and E their are no better two guys who deserve this run than them that's for damn sure. Think about the positive though people Steiner and Drake breakup and it frees Drake to get back to the World Title sooner rather than later.

Hogan vs Blanchard was a good little Match this week with Hogan showing loads of fire and Blanchard looking good in her own right setting up her feud with Rayne. One thing thought Rayne to me was a better Wrestler and character back when she was with the Beautiful people Blonde, thicker[giggity], and now I don't know if the average fan know who she is. We will see if this feud will get any steam going forward.

Callihan vs Edwards even though it wasn't on Impact, a good Street Fight and I think this feud is not over. Eddie wants this man dead, Slammiversary I imagine will be his shot to get the job done finally. Sorry Tommy this feud isn't over homie.

Rosemary's Funeral Jesus, breathing and spitting out fire for real Su Yung. I'm waiting for Rosemary to do the Kill Bill and rise up from her Casket who knows maybe at Slammiversary it happens.

Pentagon JR/Fantasma vs Aries/Sydal. A really fun Main Event Tag Team Match between four true pros. I legit couldn't breathe when Fantasma and Pentagon JR did the wassup in the corner Lucha Style, and Aries overly sold the fuck outta it even though it wasn't do his Groin, rather his butt hehe.

– Set for next week…

* LAX vs. Cult of Lee
    * Kongo Kong vs. Moose

Have to agree with all this. Also felt a little sorry for Grado being thrown to Kong by Katarina haha.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post

– Set for next week…

* LAX vs. Cult of Lee
    * Kongo Kong vs. Moose

Have to agree with all this. Also felt a little sorry for Grado being thrown to Kong by Katarina haha.

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah Katrina then leaving him after the Match Baldrick was like awwwh and then I was thinking that BITCH! So much for Grado having true love in his life.

Real Women of Genius

I Want It All!

Status

Looking down this Card I hope the Matches rock, but I'm not pumping up my Palm Poms for this Show outside of Xavier vs Petey and Fantasma vs Sydal.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Now the tag matches look decent on paper however I doubt they'll get the time to do anything decent...i'm dreading Kong vs Moose...it's going to suck badly isn't it?

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Pretty pedestrian looking episode

I Want It All!

Status

Yeah it was an average Episode for me this week for sure. Ove vs Drago/Aerostar was just to have Eddie Edwards coming from some head hunting on their group. I wonder how much will this feud go, yeah it was great to see Sami sell the fuck being choked out, but unless Eddie's Wife joins Sami the wheels on this Car is starting to lose it's air.

LAX continues to lose after they take a hard loss versus the Cult of Lee, but hey now Eddie Kingston is now there to help you guys find your way. Yeah I guess my prediction on who kidnapped Konnan and Homicide was wrong and I guess so called turf war has come to bite LAX on the ass. I wonder who will be rolling with Kingston because no way did he take out Homicide and Konnan on his own.

That Z an E Segment with Drake and Steiner was fucking hilarious, the only reason you beat us because we slipped on a Banana Peel really Steiner

Sydal vs Fantasma was a solid Match and all, but I feel that they cut off the Match before it could really reach that next gear. Xavier vs Williams was the best Match of the Night and Xavier got a much needed win over a TNA Legend. Don't celebrate for too long Xavier because next week you'll have to face Cage to end his winning streak RIP. Remember the X-Division number one contendership is on the line too, so if Xavier was somehow able to beat him that would really put him in a great position to become champion.

DA HELL did Allie just embrace the darkness like Rosemary inside her? “I’m sorry, I know this isn’t what you wanted, but it has to be.”

Yeah if Allie uses this to not be that bubbly character and a serious character that she needs to be to beat Su Yung, then I'm all for it. One problem though what happens with Rosemary if Allie keeps this look going?

Moose vs Kongo. It went the way I thought it would go, rather boring to me but Moose gets the win and hopefully moves away from Kong fast! So if my pick who was taking out all this talent with the X mark as the Calling Card was wrong, it seems to be one guy and I have no fucking clue now.

Real Women of Genius

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Predictions for Under Pressure

I don't know that he will,but Aries should win back the World title
    Putting the World Title on someone very few knew about to begin with was a bad idea

Not a fan of this Undertaker Light crap, but Rosemary grets involved

Blanchard destroys Rayne

Cage destroys Xavier

I Want It All!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Predictions for Under Pressure

I don't know that he will,but Aries should win back the World title
    Putting the World Title on someone very few knew about to begin with was a bad idea

Not a fan of this Undertaker Light crap, but Rosemary grets involved

Blanchard destroys Rayne

Cage destroys Xavier
    I agree if you want to make Blanchard into something in the Division, you have to have Tessa beat her ass. Cage vs Xavier could be a sleeper good Match from the Show, but yeah Xavier is going down. I'm 50/50 on who could win versus Aries vs Pentagon JR and Allie vs Su Yung.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information