Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roseanne Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Roseanne Discussion

Premieres March 27th on ABC

I will certainly be watching every episode. Big fan for so many years.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: Roseanne Discussion

I've been doing a re-watch of the old episodes and I'm a little worried that this isn't going to live up to the high standard those were at but I'll be watching regardless. Not sure I'll be fully caught up by March though.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I've been doing a re-watch of the old episodes and I'm a little worried that this isn't going to live up to the high standard those were at but I'll be watching regardless. Not sure I'll be fully caught up by March though.
    Ehh the last few seasons are worth missing, and I totally think this won't live up to the hype.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Ehh the last few seasons are worth missing, and I totally think this won't live up to the hype.
    You never know the new Will and Grace reboot has been a ratings hit and critics love it.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMiser View Post
    You never know the new Will and Grace reboot has been a ratings hit and critics love it.
    I'll watch either way. haha, I'm holding onto hope.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Roseanne sucked for the most part and this show will definitely suck too.

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMiser View Post
    See above.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

I binged the first half of season five yesterday and had a ball. I remember even as a kid being somewhat disappointed by the final season but I've not watched any of it since then (except when I was in America for 'Mania 28 and introduced my then girlfriend to it) until I started watching through it recently and I have to say, it holds up for me; the first few seasons haven't failed to get me laughing yet, every episode has several moments that either get me rolling with laughter, or hit me with the feels - the story line with Fisher beating Jackie has just happened and it's fucking intense and given how long ago it was, it's amazing to see how forward thinking the show was towards characters of colour, different sexualities and (of course) just women in general. The writing is pretty much phenomenal and the way they just casually approach topics like domestic abuse, sexual politics and the like is brilliant. I'm hoping that they have writers that brave now because back then it must've taken some serious courage to approach the network with some of these topics.

If they manage to pull this off it's the perfect time for a return given the current climate throughout the western world in particular.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Marshall Islands

Premieres March 27th on ABC

I will certainly be watching every episode. Big fan for so many years.
    HO...LY....SHIT.

I'm sold. Give it to me...give it to me NOW.

EDIT:
    Please...for the love of butts...let them use the old theme song, or at least a revamped version of it.
    Last edited by The Loocha Bear; 01-12-2018 at 10:43 AM.

...just Rebecca...

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Man, this brings back memories.

John Goodman looks younger now than he did then!

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Roseanne's first Two Episodes tonight had a great message to it. Their are plenty of kids today who don't feel normal, and the past few years we have had kids using weapons at school because they were bullied. Rosanne's Show dealt with that topic tonight and it was handle so perfectly.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 03-28-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The first two episodes were a mixed bag. The politics fight between Roseanne and Jackie was insufferable for me. If this season ends up being dominated with pro-Trump and anti-Trump talk, I'm not going to bother remaining a viewer. Becky's acting is pretty dreadful. It's not a surprise at all that the actress hasn't really done anything else in her career other than this TV series. That's the shame about the two Beckys. Sarah Chalke may be a better actress, but she doesn't look like a Conner at all. Meanwhile, Alicia Goranson may be shit at acting, but she has the trashy look down well. If only you could merge the two Beckys together. I'll be curious to see how DJ does once he gets a chance to be involved in an episode plot.

The good news is that the show managed to be funny most of the time in the two episodes. The casting of Darlene's daughter is spot on with the Shameless girl. The character trait/storyline of Darlene's son is a good way to freshen the show up with a relevant topic while still allowing the Conners to refuse to not act like themselves, even if that now means a boy refusing to be bullied out of wearing girl clothes.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Honestly I didn't really bother me about the Politic talk, it's hard to pay attention to that when Roseanne is telling Dan how he should eat Potpourri

I don't mind the talk because Roseanne has always dived into the topics people like to stay away from on other shows, so it's ballsy to do it right off the Bat and I commend them for doing it, even know I don't like Trump and believe he should be sent on a Block of Ice and off to Shore.

Real Women of Genius

Status

I enjoyed both episodes. I actually thought the political stuff was pretty funny. It's getting pushed as a pro-trump show, but honestly in the argument it pushes that neither Jackie, or Roseanne really know what the hell is going on. I always thought that Jackie was the most underrated part of the show, and she really was hilarious on these two episodes. The kids in general have always been pretty bad actors to me, Darlene was awkward on the original show, too. How many packs of cigarettes has Alicia Goranson smoked a day? Her voice is shot, still pretty damn funny. I really don't watch live audience shows anymore, so this took a little time to get use to.

Status

I enjoyed this show enough as a kid, and I love some John Goodman, but Roseanne Barr is legit an awful awful person and I'm not about to help sign her paychecks by watching this reboot.

Taptalmatic

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Man people really got sticks up their asses with the political aspect that was used in the first few Episodes. I like that it was used, families are dealing with it in real life today, with family members and friends being on the opposite sides of fence with all of this.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 03-30-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Man people really got sticks up their asses with the political aspect that was used in the first few Episodes. I like that it was used, families are dealing with it in real life today, with family members and friends being on the opposite sides of fence with all of this.
    Fuck off with the politics talk in sitcoms. You can't escape the non-stop pro/anti Trump talk, god forbid a sitcom just worries about being funny instead of having to give their own take on the current happenings in American politics.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Fuck off with the politics talk in sitcoms. You can't escape the non-stop pro/anti Trump talk, god forbid a sitcom just worries about being funny instead of having to give their own take on the current happenings in American politics.
    Okay... but Roseanne as a show never shied away from politics before, so why should it now? There's plenty of sitcom's out there not touching politics, or at least not leaning into it as hard as this, but politics is inescapable. It effects every single aspect of your life on this planet. For a show like Roseanne to ignore it would be totally against it's whole history and the reason why it's been brought back in the first place.

From my perspective they tread a nice line of having several different stories running throughout the show so that you weren't overwhelmed by the Trump talk but everything they touched upon was politically relevant in today's society; little Mark's fashion choice is a political topic, Becky choosing to carry a child is a political topic, Dan owning a gun is a political topic - those things just aren't as obviously political because no one is talking about which side of the matter any particular politician falls on.

If you don't like the Trump stuff, that's fine, but to deny that this is and always has been a political show is just lying to yourself.

Status

I always loved the show so I will keep watching it's only a 9 episode commitment this season. I will say though hopefully the political aspect is minimal. I have sworn off all late night shows just because they beat the Trump subject to death, just so boring to me.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Okay... but Roseanne as a show never shied away from politics before, so why should it now? There's plenty of sitcom's out there not touching politics, or at least not leaning into it as hard as this, but politics is inescapable. It effects every single aspect of your life on this planet. For a show like Roseanne to ignore it would be totally against it's whole history and the reason why it's been brought back in the first place.

From my perspective they tread a nice line of having several different stories running throughout the show so that you weren't overwhelmed by the Trump talk but everything they touched upon was politically relevant in today's society; little Mark's fashion choice is a political topic, Becky choosing to carry a child is a political topic, Dan owning a gun is a political topic - those things just aren't as obviously political because no one is talking about which side of the matter any particular politician falls on.

If you don't like the Trump stuff, that's fine, but to deny that this is and always has been a political show is just lying to yourself.
    No better words could be said. It's completely how I felt during the watching of the film and any Show that my Mother and I can watch together is a win win. I need some laughs in my life these days.

Real Women of Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post

Couldn't disagree more.

You know exactly what my post was about. Between the two posts I made, it's very clear that my issue was the forced pro/anti Trump talk. When you break it down, practically everything you could talk about on a television show could be seen as an issue, although I'd consider the other issues in the first 2 episodes to be more social issues than anything else, but there's a very big difference between the social issue of whether or not to be supportive of a young boy not dressing as a traditional young boy and then hearing about more presidential crap. In both posts, I mentioned Trump as the negative talk and not the other social issues.

You can't watch a television show without being exposed to some issues, but you can certainly not have any interest in getting yet more exposure for the pro/anti Trump talk that you can't escape from anymore.

Thread Information