Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Roseanne Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Roseanne Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    When you nod your head yes, but you wanna say no.
    Sounds about right.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

Roseanne was on Joe Rogan the other day, I had to tap out. She is bat shit crazy, and was making no sense. I'm not really interested in The Conners fully, al though Jackie, and Dan are actually the two characters I'm most interested in. Originally I was also a huge Mark fan RIP. Anyway, the Jackie Dan dynamic could actually be pretty interesting. Maybe I'm talking myself into watching this. I still think the ratings will really dip.

Status

Ratings will def dip. The batshit conservatives are a big reason it built an audience in the first place, since it was seen as a "Trump-friendly" show in a lot of circles, which really just amounts to it being a half hour of television that wouldn't shit on him more than necessary.

Last Man Standing has probably commanded that niche this year, and while The Connors may rebuild a decent fanbase, especially if reviews are good, it's hard to fathom that a lot of nuttos didn't jump ship when Roseanne got canned.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

The Conservetard audience is already throwing a fit on Twitter, and she's fueling it for attention.

No shock.

I never had any interest in the show, though I like John Goodman. But Roseanne Barr is an annoying twat, with a god awful laugh. And she's not in the slightest bit funny.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Ratings will def dip. The batshit conservatives are a big reason it built an audience in the first place, since it was seen as a "Trump-friendly" show in a lot of circles, which really just amounts to it being a half hour of television that wouldn't shit on him more than necessary.

Last Man Standing has probably commanded that niche this year, and while The Connors may rebuild a decent fanbase, especially if reviews are good, it's hard to fathom that a lot of nuttos didn't jump ship when Roseanne got canned.
    You should have heard her try to explain her racism. Her explanation was the worst.

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻

Status
      Country                    Marshall Islands

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post

Well...it already has only one star on IMDB. I watched only the first couple of minutes and it's not bad. I just hope they get the quality back up.

Status

Laurie Metcalf and John goodman are incredible. They could easily both carry a show.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Loocha Bear View Post
    Well...it already has only one star on IMDB. I watched only the first couple of minutes and it's not bad. I just hope they get the quality back up.
    I wouldn't take IMDB ratings seriously here. These dorks have a history of brigading projects they don't like with bad reviews.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Laurie Metcalf and John goodman are incredible. They could easily both carry a show.
    Yes they can I am tired of hearing people bitch the conservatives and liberals its a tv show like you watch it to get away from world the orginal roseanne and from I saw of the new roseanne was good. I mean not everything gotta be a pro trump anti trump debate I feel like thats all that happens now kind of sick of it

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Yes they can I am tired of hearing people bitch the conservatives and liberals its a tv show like you watch it to get away from world the orginal roseanne and from I saw of the new roseanne was good. I mean not everything gotta be a pro trump anti trump debate I feel like thats all that happens now kind of sick of it
    I think any show should be able to have both viewpoints, which roseanne did. Only reason that changed is Roseanne wanted to make a racist comment about an African American.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I think any show should be able to have both viewpoints, which roseanne did. Only reason that changed is Roseanne wanted to make a racist comment about an African American.
    Yea and what she did was wrong I am not aruging that but it seems like everythinh now in days is this love or hate trump shit.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Yea and what she did was wrong I am not aruging that but it seems like everythinh now in days is this love or hate trump shit.
    I'm a huge Ben Shapiro fan. What I like about him is he's honest. He's a conservative who didn't vote for Trump. I am a conservative who also didn't vote for Trump.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

To be fair, there is nothing "conservative" about Donald Trump. Or Roaseanne Barr, for that matter.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Yooooo Mang

Status

The worst part about Roseanne was always her. I watched this episode and it was neither great nor bad but it seemed clunky and for people that have been working together so long it shouldn’t be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

But really only the main 5 have been working together for so long.

Alot of new characters they had to build, plus alot of emotions they had to portray in a half hour. Thought it was good, really good, especially the opiod angle with Dan and Marci. Its going to take a few episodes to flesh things out and find their flow.

I really liked the first episode. It still felt like Roseanne despite the obvious difference. Having Roseanne die from an opiate overdose was not only topical, but it also paid into last season's storyline of Roseanne popping pills too much. I don't know where they were originally going with that storyline, but this conclusion felt natural. The acting with Darlene, Becky, and DJ was still garbage, but that's to be expected since they were the biggest weaknesses of the last season. Luckily, Dan and Jackie were there to deliver the emotion.

If nothing else, it's going to be interesting to see how this season does once these initial ten episodes are finished airing. While it wouldn't be the first show to survive following the lead's exit, it's still a really difficult task.

Thread Information