Thread: NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 2018 - Jan 19/21/22

Status
      Country                    United States

NJPW NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 2018 - Jan 19/21/22

January 19 @ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Match Notes Time Limit

Fuego vs. Okumura Singles Match 20
    Satoshi Kojima, Dragon Lee, Star Jr. & Hirai Kawato vs. Rush & Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI) Eight Man Tag Team Match 20
    Atlantis, Mistico, Volador Jr. & Drone vs. Ultimo Guerrero, Barbaro Cavernario, Puma & Disturbio Eight Man Tag Team Match 20
    Angel de Oro (c) vs. Cuatrero CMLL World Middleweight Championship Match 60
    Soberano Jr. (c) vs. Sanson National Welterweight Championship Match 60
    Niebla Roja (c) vs. Gran Guerrero CMLL World Light Heavyweight Championship Match 60

January 21 @ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Match Notes Time Limit

Drone & Star Jr. vs. Disturbio & Puma Tag Team Match 20
    Soberano Jr., Fuego & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Okumura & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) Tag Team Match 20
    Satoshi Kojima, Atlantis, KUSHIDA & Hirai Kawato vs. Rush & Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI) Eight Man Tag Team Match 20
    Niebla Roja & Angel de Oro vs. Ultimo Guerrero & Gran Guerrero CMLL Brothers Tag Team Tournament 1st Round Match
    Dragon Lee & Mistico vs. Sanson & Cuatrero CMLL Brothers Tag Team Tournament 1st Round Match
    Volador Jr. (c) vs. Barbaro Cavernario NWA World Historic Welterweight Championship Match 60

January 22 @ Korakuen Hall, Tokyo

Match Notes Time Limit

Ryusuke Taguchi & Fuego vs. Disturbio & Puma Tag Team Match 20
    Star Jr., Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV & KUSHIDA vs. Okumura, Rocky Romero & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) Eight Man Tag Team Match 20
    1st Round Losing Teams CMLL Brothers Tag Team Tournament 3rd Place Playoff
    Atlantis & Hirai Kawato vs. Barbaro Cavernario & Gedo Tag Team Match - Hirai Kawato Sendoff 20
    Volador Jr., Soberano Jr. & Drone vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI) Six Man Tag Team Match 30
    Satoshi Kojima vs. Rush Singles Match 30
    1st Round Winning Teams CMLL Brothers Tag Team Tournament Final Match

----------

This will be live on NJPW, but only with Japanese commentary.

Source: EvanDeadlySins @ reddit

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW/CMLL FantasticaMania 2018 - Jan 19/21/22

KOJIMA VS RUSH

I thought Negro Casas was making his long awaited return to Japan? That would suck if he's not going now

Spoiler:

This will likely be the last you see of Hirai Kawato for a bit. They announced today he is leaving on his excursion to CMLL, which I think is the best place for him to go.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Casas was injured in his hair vs hair match from January 1st vs Sam Adonis. (Very good match btw)

The last 3 matches of the first two shows look awesome and the final of the tournament should impress. Rush vs Kojima could be great if they try but with Rush who knows.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Casas was injured in his hair vs hair match from January 1st vs Sam Adonis. (Very good match btw)
    Fuck. That's a shame.

I intend to watch these shows. Usually I just pick and choose a couple of matches that get praise, but not a lot of wrestling is grabbing me at the moment so I'll have some spare time. This brothers tag team tournament sounds like a pretty neat idea.

Status

Here's some news related to both organizations.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

The show is a can't miss just for Kawato's last New Japan apperence for a while. Huge potential.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Here's an opening video, love how excited the woman is screaming the names.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The show from Jan 12th that aired on SamuraiTV and not NJPWWORLD is available for viewing on RealHero Archive. For anyone interested.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Thought the 19/1 show was a lot of fun and in particular the last two matches of Sobernaro Jr/Sanson and Gran Guerrero/Neibla Roja I'd recommend people check out.

Milano got fucked up by Naito.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Thought it was a great show where each match was better than the last but the main event was definitely match of the night and Niebla Roja rocked the house. Was very proud of him getting a standing ovation and his Rolling Elbow was perhaps the best I ever saw him do it. That was even better than their Aniversario mask match! The 2 title matches before it were both very good but I felt a bit disappointing personally. Still good though, the main event really stood out though. Honestly everything was at least pretty good. Interesting to see Naito swing more towards full on heel. It's probably impossible to be any kind of a babyface with Rush though so it was for the best. Hope Milano can come back for a match at some point. (Unlikely)

Good show. Main event ruled.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I really enjoyed all these shows. I've only started checking out CMLL since the new year and it's been really nice to have these shows help ease me in because the difference in presentation on the regular CMLL shows was a little jarring at first; I'm getting used to it as time goes by but these situations where there's more singles matches, regular tags and it's all one fall instead of best of three has really helped me get to appreciate the guys work more.

I came out of this really appreciating Angel de Oro a lot more after seeing him a couple of times in CMLL already and not connecting at all. Mistico on the other hand didn't shine for me; his match with Dragon Lee against the La Sangre Dinamita boys was good but it looked like everyone else was bringing him up to their level and that he was constantly fucking up - maybe he was having an off night or something.

Also, seeing Naito with Rush was great. He has a look to him when he's working with the guys from Mexico that's totally different to how he is usually. Maybe it's just the fact that these are low stakes shows for him and he's getting to hang out with people he's not seen in a while but he just looks really happy to be around Rush and having fun with his Los Ingobernables OG's.

Thread Information