Thread: Booty's Review of Black Mirror on Netflix (Spoiler Heavy)

WRAITH BABES!!

Status

Booty's Review of Black Mirror on Netflix (Spoiler Heavy)

Black Mirror has been dubbed as a modern day or even future Twilight Zone. It's a widely popular show on Netflix. I'll be giving my thoughts and hope you all add your two or three cents. I'll be getting up the review for Episode 1 National Anthem in a few days in case anyone wants to watch it.

When the black man talkin

Status

Re: Booty's Review of Black Mirror on Netflix (Spoiler Heavy)

Awesome! Love the show as a whole. The first episode is perhaps the most unique and ballsy first episode of any TV show in history. I didn't love it to start with because it threw me off, but on subsequent viewings it's one of my favourites.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Will read these. This show is a hit at Broken Bowl Ranch.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

WRAITH BABES!!

Status

Episode One
    National Anthem
    The series premier of Black Mirror was at the very least a very ballsy first episode. Where this show is just a collection of one off stories it makes making your premier episode about a leader of a country having sex with a pig on live TV much easier to do. The highlight of this episode are first and foremost the acting of Rory Kinnear as Prime Minister Michael Callow. A man who was woken from a dead sleep to be informed that the Princess has been kidnapped and from there shows his range as an actor going through the different stages as he realizes that in order to get the Princess back alive he will undoubtedly have to have sex with a pig. Other than the crazy premise and the acting of Kinnear there is not a whole lot more that stands out about this episode. The rest of the cast are all fine but none really stick out. The side story of the reporter who sends nudes to get the scoop but eventually falls into the middle of a raid is not silly but adds nothing but minutes to this episode. The Rod Senseless stuff is far fetched but does move the plot along well enough. The ending is disturbing as you see people's reactions all but one is disgusted. For the whole thing to be then passed off as art at the end it pretty stupid as well. This was not artistic in the least it terrorized a young woman and mentally destroyed a man and ruined his marriage. This is also the only Black Mirror episode I can recall that a character flat out just says the underlying theme of the episode when Lindsay Duncan and Patrick Kennedy's characters are talking at the end about how the Princess was released before the live feed even started because there was no one on the streets they were all in front of the television and she says "oh it's a statement".
    This is the 3rd or 4th time watching this particular episode and each time it loses more and more for me. While bold and well acted it fails to have an ending that sticks with you and gives you that oh man feeling that most BM episodes do.
    Rating 7.8

next episode
    Fifteen Million Merits

Last edited by Professor Booty; 01-11-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I didn’t like it the first time and I didn’t like it on the re-watch. Ballsy for sure but outside of Kinnear there’s just nothing that stands out for me. To be frank, the concept is dumb and the execution is poor. As you said, that subplot with the reporter served no purpose other than filler plus it was painfully obvious what was going to happen in that scene. I think one of the best aspects of this show is its unpredictability but here everything was predictable. Thankfully it only gets better.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

This is actually still one of my top 3 episodes. I love it. I think it was pretty unpredictable in the moment it mattered the most, that he actually did end up having to fuck the pig. I watched this when it first aired and Black Mirror's tone and tropes weren't established yet - you expected something to happen in the last minute to save the day, but nope. Just grim, disturbing, offscreen, pig-fucking by Rory "David Cameron" Kinnear to save Princess "Kate Middleton" Susannah. And I enjoyed how this wasn't set in an alternate universe or the near future or anything, I felt it was realistic enough for our time (minus maybe that journalist's actions but stupid people do exist).

Black Mirror punishes a lot of its characters with things like your consciousness being trapped somewhere forever, or reliving a horrific event over and over, or painful irony. I'd like to see them try something as depraved as this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

When the black man talkin

Status

I don't know if I'd call it in my top 3, but I really enjoy it.

Though the PMs wife is in one of the most terrible people in the whole show. Selfish bitch.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Not in my top 3 but really enjoyed this episode. It has its flaws but the shock factor was enough to make me watch the second episode which I personally think is a bit of an underrated gem.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Thread Information