Thread: Would You Welcome Another Promotion Airing On WWE Network?

Hulkamania

Status
      Country                    UK

Would You Welcome Another Promotion Airing On WWE Network?

The thread title speaks for itself. With WWE looking for more subscribers for the WWE Network, they're clearly looking at any option possible. In the past, they've published surveys for fans to see if they would like to see promotions such as ROH, Evolve, ICW, etc. on the network, so it's something they've at least thought about, and with ever-growing rumours that several UK promotions could be airing on the network at some stage, would you welcome another promotion airing on WWE Network?

Would you welcome the promotion being a promotion started completely from scratch? (like the Hogan/Bischoff rumour, which I've made a topic about in another thread http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=168836) Would you prefer it being an established indy promotion?

Or would you prefer that these promotions don't air on WWE Network and continue to build their own image without WWE behind them? You could argue that WWE has way too much programming these days anyways. Let's hear.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Would You Welcome Another Promotion Airing On WWE Network?

I would welcome it because you're getting more bang for your buck (unless tiered pricing) and it's really going to help more guys from the indies get more eyes on them which is pretty cool. I am never going to pay outright for an Evolve VOD service because Gabe prices himself too high and I'm usually only ever interested in a couple of matches per show, while something like Progress I was on the verge of supporting with a monthly sub until they went in a direction I wasn't happy with. To be able to get these promotions on the WWE Network which I'm never cancelling would be a nice bonus.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: Would You Welcome Another Promotion Airing On WWE Network?

If PROGRESS turns up on the WWE Network and they kill their own service I'll be pissed. I can't afford the montly sub to WWE and I honestly don't feel like throwing money at such a morally corrupt business model anyway. Other promotions, sure, go nuts - EVOLVE, ICW, whatever, I don't watch them anyway and it'd help give them exposure, but I just don't see what either company gets out of it really. Right now the subscriptions to those indie feds services give money directly to those feds, whereas you gotta believe that the WWE would see the subscriptions to their service as due to their product and thus they'd take a huge chunk of the subs money. Sure, there's the potential of more eyes on the indie in question but the reaction to NXT stars on the main roster shows that even WWE's own super-indie isn't drawing eyes from a large section of it's own audience, why would they bother to watch a show entirely unaffiliated with WWE when they don't bother with one that is?

Thread Information