Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 3237

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Trump supporters: dak, sayer, slayer

Let's say Trump is completely in the clear but Russia is meddling in our elections/possibly some officials worked with him without Trump's knowledge. Isn't this something that should be looked into and attempted to prevent going forward? It's very bizarre that you make it a home team fight when the home team, in theory, should be your country and democracy, not an orange buffoon.
    The only evidence is they hacked polling places.

Sure, try to do what we can there but sadly Russia is probably more advanced when it comes to that as we are so there is probably little we can do.

Do I think they should waste tax payers money investigating something that is leading no where?

No. Absolutely, positively not.

Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    If they had such smoking gun evidence believe me, we would all know by now because they would have ejaculated it all over the liberal news networks face.
    That's not how investigations work, Dak.

Are you even concerned that Russia interfered in the election? Does that not bother you as some sort of American champion of democracy and justice? Do you care in the slightest that Russia is attacking this country more than they ever have? Forget your boy Trump for a moment, because it is certainly possible he had nothing to do with it, but does it not bother you that the election WAS actively attacked and WAS at least attempted to be rigged in favor of one candidate?

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

GOAT

Status

So your answer is the same as the answer on gun violence...

Do nothing, because it's futile.

Ain't that just the attitude to make America great again.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Sweet Meat

Status

If Hilary won and there was Russian meddling, I wonder how different some people on both sides would be reacting. Fuck em both.

Spoiler:

But if Bernie won it'd be cool. Putin would be a bro

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

If Hilary won and there was Russian meddling, I wonder how different some people on both sides would be reacting. Fuck em both.

Spoiler:

I'll answer your other question momentarily, but I do want to say as someone that wasn't even championing Bernie Sanders that I find it odd that there was clear evidence that Hillary or at least the DNC conspired against him, but nowhere near the same level outrage over that.

And I'd say the left would be as quiet as a dog whistle if Hillary had won under the same circumstances.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    So your answer is the same as the answer on gun violence...

Do nothing, because it's futile.

Ain't that just the attitude to make America great again.
    A lot of us believe there are many things that can be done to curb gun violence, just not the same things gun control advocates usually espouse.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    I'll answer your other question momentarily, but I do want to say as someone that wasn't even championing Bernie Sanders that I find it odd that there was clear evidence that Hillary or at least the DNC conspired against him, but nowhere near the same level outrage over that.

And I'd say the left would be as quiet as a dog whistle if Hillary had won under the same circumstances.
    I think putting everyone in a group is part of the problem. Plenty of the left dislike Hillary. Hence the drama with Bernie.

There wasn't as much long term outrage over the Bernie stuff because Trump and Russia is more damaging and damning, but there absolutely should be more on Bernie getting the D.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Status

Tbh I think most liberals think the DNC reaped what they sowed. They absolutely fucked over a fair primary but there's little use ragging on it further because they got what they deserved with a Trump presidency.

If Hilary had won the white house I think you'd still see a fair few angry liberals every time she misstepped who were angry about her doing something Bernie wouldn't have done, but since she already "lost" that story's kind of already met its cosmic end.

WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    That's not how investigations work, Dak.

Are you even concerned that Russia interfered in the election? Does that not bother you as some sort of American champion of democracy and justice? Do you care in the slightest that Russia is attacking this country more than they ever have? Forget your boy Trump for a moment, because it is certainly possible he had nothing to do with it, but does it not bother you that the election WAS actively attacked and WAS at least attempted to be rigged in favor of one candidate?
    Not really because I think they have been doing it for years, and years, and years and I don't think it played much of a part.

If we see California go to Trump or something drastic like that I would be more concerned because fuck sake we know that would never happen.

I just think it is funny that if this came out in 2012 you wouldn't be saying shit about it but now the liberals are all concerned about Russia all of a sudden.

They didn't seem very interested when Hillary had questionable dealings with Russia.

They didn't seem very interested when Obama was caught on tape basically telling a Russian official "This is my last election … After my election I have more flexibility".....“particularly with missile defense”

They didn't seem that interested when they found out the Obama administration knew about Russia's attempts at influencing the election and did fuck all to prevent it.

So yes, I am calling bullshit on the liberals sudden fake concern about it now.

Politically motivated mud slinging. Nothing more.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think it's a testament to how little you listen to, watch, or read what the left have to say when you say things like "the left never talked about x". There's often plenty of discussion on it, or comedic mocking of it, or both, you just have to actually see the other side.

Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I think it's a testament to how little you listen to, watch, or read what the left have to say when you say things like "the left never talked about x". There's often plenty of discussion on it, or comedic mocking of it, or both, you just have to actually see the other side.
    I think that is hogwash. Absurd. Balderdash. Hokum. Poppycock. Hooey. Bunk. Horsefeathers.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think that is hogwash. Absurd. Balderdash. Hokum. Poppycock. Hooey. Bunk. Horsefeathers.
    Go back with 2018 eyes and watch Jon Stewart. He went off on Obama and White House decisions regularly. There will always be "leftists" who praise anything left, but it's not as many as people seem to think. And hopefully, most on the right aren't as bad as Fox News either.

Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Go back with 2018 eyes and watch Jon Stewart. He went off on Obama and White House decisions regularly. There will always be "leftists" who praise anything left, but it's not as many as people seem to think. And hopefully, most on the right aren't as bad as Fox News either.
    Well there is always an exception to the rule.

But fuck that pip squeak, panty waist Jon Stewart.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

Status

Not really because I think they have been doing it for years, and years, and years and I don't think it played much of a part.
    The original intelligence report specifically states 2016 was a substantial escalation of Russian activity. Up until this last election Russia had been concerned with gathering data on us, but this is the first time there's been evidence of them tampering with an election and especially with such vigor. They made a clear and demonstrated effort to get the US to elect a specific candidate which, again, according to the country's finest intelligence agencies, is unlike anything they've ever done.

So unless you know something they don't know, you're wrong. Are you not concerned?

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status

I think putting everyone in a group is part of the problem. Plenty of the left dislike Hillary. Hence the drama with Bernie.

There wasn't as much long term outrage over the Bernie stuff because Trump and Russia is more damaging and damning, but there absolutely should be more on Bernie getting the D.
    I think you misunderstood me a little bit. I know plenty of liberals didn't like Hillary (and with good reason), but once they got her locked in, I doubt much would have been said about how she won, as long as she beat Trump. Most news station acted like the end of days was happening when Trump won.

And I agree to a degree, because I never thought much about left-right politics before 2016, but we keep getting pulled further and further apart and it saddens me.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

Using absolutes is never a good idea unless you know for a fact it never happens.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Sweet Meat

Status

I think you misunderstood me a little bit. I know plenty of liberals didn't like Hillary (and with good reason), but once they got her locked in, I doubt much would have been said about how she won, as long as she beat Trump. Most news station acted like the end of days was happening when Trump won.

And I agree to a degree, because I never thought much about left-right politics before 2016, but we keep getting pulled further and further apart and it saddens me.
    It was often seen as bad vs. evil. (Many) people didn't want Hillary, but they'd prefer it to what we got.

Bernie was the bro Natty, where are you? I need a hug.

Spoiler:

Status

Spoiler:

I also want to point out I said the left because you specifically asked about both sides. I was answering that by saying I didn't think the other side would be as vocal if the shoe was on the other foot.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Sweet Meat

Status

Using absolutes is never a good idea unless you know for a fact it never happens.
    Bingo. And like anyone, I slip up sometimes with "the right" or "republicans" but it's usually damaging to your argument to lump the entire side together.

Plus, a lot of the right didn't vote for or have since rejected Trump, for example.

Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    The original intelligence report specifically states 2016 was a substantial escalation of Russian activity. Up until this last election Russia had been concerned with gathering data on us, but this is the first time there's been evidence of them tampering with an election and especially with such vigor. They made a clear and demonstrated effort to get the US to elect a specific candidate which, again, according to the country's finest intelligence agencies, is unlike anything they've ever done.

So unless you know something they don't know, you're wrong. Are you not concerned?
    I am concerned about Russia in general.

I just find it sad and a bit hilarious that the Dems act like they have had an epiphany that the Russian government is bad.

We have known that for years.

Am I particularly concerned about them influencing our elections?

No. I have to say I am not.

Now if someone named Viktor Shmanahov or something runs for President and starts polling very high? My concern will rise.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

Thread Information