Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Who Goes There?

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Let's not get into the whole x is y fallacy. As much as I hate the Republican Party as a whole, there are plenty of decent/good right-winged politicians. Hell, I voted for local Republican Tim Walz for the state house and if he runs for Governer, I'm voting for him again. To me the national level on both sides is wrought with terrible choices.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat.We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people... It is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

#GRIMLOVE

WHO GOES THERE?
    THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Let's not get into the whole x is y fallacy. As much as I hate the Republican Party as a whole, there are plenty of decent/good right-winged politicians. Hell, I voted for local Republican Tim Walz for the state house and if he runs for Governer, I'm voting for him again. To me the national level on both sides is wrought with terrible choices.
    Would "people who tend to think that being loud obnoxious assholes who believe that they can hide behind freedom of speech who tend to lean to the right" be a better description?

We have them here as well. They tend to vote conservative(our right wing party)
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Show Off

Status

I don't think any Republican is coming out of this presidency looking good. They are all enablers to this idiot.

Though at the same time I suppose they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they start going against Trump publicly they will alienate their voters and make a martyr out of him.

Who Goes There?

Status

It's a bad situation for everybody involved including the Democratic Party (read: Establishment), they were heavily exposed in the last election and their reputation (like the Republican Establishment) has likely been damaged, maybe not irrepairably, but it will certainly take a long time to fix. That said, barring another Hillary-like candidate winning the Primaries, I don't see the Republicans coming out of 2020 with Trump as President.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat.We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people... It is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

#GRIMLOVE

WHO GOES THERE?

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

There is no proof he even said that.

2 Democrats in the meeting said he did it.

Republicans from the meeting and Trump himself denying using the exact term reported.
    ----------------------------------------

You can frame it any way you want but other countries design their immigration system in a way in which they don't get many people from the countries President Trump mentioned.

Other countries do it by having requirements where they have to have a job, have a degree, have a skilled trade,....pretty much prove they are going to be a productive member of society.

Now they won't come out and say it, but that excludes most people from third world nations.

Facts are facts.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post

Republicans from the meeting and Trump himself denying using the exact term reported.

You can frame it any way you want but other countries design their immigration system in a way in which they don't get many people from the countries President Trump mentioned.

Other countries do it by having requirements where they have to have a job, have a degree, have a skilled trade,....pretty much prove they are going to be a productive member of society.

Now they won't come out and say it, but that excludes most people from third world nations.

Facts are facts.
    Facts are Facts . And you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are plenty of people from third world countries in my community alone.

I have worked with first generation immigrants from Haiti, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India. My neighbors are from Palestine.

Don't get me wrong Dak, there's nothing wrong with a stronger immigration process. But there is something to say when you'd prefer people from Norway than Haiti or Africa and actually say it
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-12-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Facts are facts.
    At least 2 Republicans have...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...orted-shithole

Speaker Ryan has also said his remarks were "unfortunate".

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-...helpful-2018-1
    Last edited by White Rhyno; 01-12-2018 at 08:15 PM.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhyno View Post
    At least 2 Republicans have...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...orted-shithole

Speaker Ryan has also said his remarks were "unfortunate".

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-...helpful-2018-1
    I looked at one of those links and all I see is a Democratic Senator said a Republican admitted Trump said it.

No where did I see where he actually admitted it.

The other link won't let me read it because I have adblock and fug any site that won't allow adblock.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Facts are Facts . And you have no idea what you are talking about.

There are plenty of people from third world countries in my community alone.

I have worked with first generation immigrants from Haiti, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India. My neighbors are from Palestine.

Don't get me wrong Dak, there's nothing wrong with a stronger immigration process. But there is something to say when you'd prefer people from Norway than Haiti or Africa and actually say it
    I have interacted with many here as well.

You need to stop being dishonest though and admit YOUR country's immigration policy is developed in a way that under represents those countries mentioned.

Just admit it.

People's Champion

Status

I have interacted with many here as well.

You need to stop being dishonest though and admit YOUR country's immigration policy is developed in a way that under represents those countries mentioned.

Just admit it.
    I won't because you re wrong. You can choose to believe what you want because you read it on some right wing website ( the same ones that say all these Canadians are coming to the US to seek medical care)

Mid-Card Champion

Status

These is literally the first words of the article Dak...

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) said Friday that his fellow South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham (R), who attended a bipartisan meeting with President Trump and lawmakers Thursday, confirmed a Washington Post account of Trump's remarks calling Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations "shithole countries."

The (R) stands for Republican.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I won't because you re wrong. You can choose to believe what you want because you read it on some right wing website ( the same ones that say all these Canadians are coming to the US to seek medical care)
    Nah I am not wrong.

You just want to try to keep claiming moral high ground like a liberal.

You guys think the exact same way but just go about it a little differently to try and make it more PC.

Facts.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhyno View Post
    These is literally the first words of the article Dak...

[FONT="]Sen. [/FONT][FONT="]Tim Scott[/FONT][FONT="] (R-S.C.) said Friday that his fellow South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham (R), who attended a bipartisan meeting with [/FONT][FONT="]President Trump[/FONT][FONT="] and lawmakers Thursday, confirmed a Washington Post account of Trump's remarks calling Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations "shithole countries."

The (R) stands for Republican.[/FONT]
    Ah I thought Tim Scott was a Democrat and was claiming Lindsay Graham said it.

My bad.

People's Champion

Status

Nah I am not wrong.

You guys think the exact same way but just go about it a little differently to try and make it more PC.

Facts.
    Do you need to see articles/ facts on this Dak?

Who Goes There?

Status

Nah I am not wrong.

Facts.
    "All X is Y" fallacy doesn't help your argument any more than his.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

#GRIMLOVE

WHO GOES THERE?

People's Champion

Status

"All X is Y" fallacy doesn't help your argument any more than his.
    My argument has nothing to do with all x is y. He think s he's know about Canada immigration policy and stats on where immigrants come from in regards to immigration to Canada.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

No biggie. I don't know every Senator or their party. The only reason I'm familar with both is that SC is my home state and I voted for Scott.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Do you need to see articles/ facts on this Dak?
    Nothing you can show me.

Proof is the immigration policy that favors highly skilled or highly educated people.

That would eliminate most residents of third world countries.

End of story.

People's Champion

Status

Here you go Dak

http://canadaimmigrants.com/canada-i...-country-2016/

The majority of immigrants come from the Philippines, followed by India, coming in third is Syria. China comes in fourth and Pakistan comes in fifth

Theres a simple line chart to display it

As usual..you are wrong
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-12-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Who Goes There?

Status

My argument has nothing to do with all x is y. He think s he's know about Canada immigration policy and stats on where immigrants come from in regards to immigration to Canada.
    It wasn't in reference to you. He stated you're acting like a liberal, which is basically stating "all liberals are the same", which is most definitely untrue.

Your argument so far is fair, as far as I can ascertain. I don't know anything about Canadian politics, so your opinion is far better than mine, but let's at least refrain from showing hostility, and not say someone is outright wrong; just correct them nicely is what I'm saying.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

#GRIMLOVE

WHO GOES THERE?

Thread Information