Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1223

Thread: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

  1. #1081
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    lol

    if that was true then why did Israel withdraw from the Gaza Strip?
    Because they were trying to negotiate peace...but as you see the Palestinians continually want more and more.

  2. #1082
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    143833

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Because they were trying to negotiate peace...but as you see the Palestinians continually want more and more.
    Then why were they trying to occupy it to begin with ? The land was designated to Palestinians.

    So they tried to take the land until the UN stepped in and now they are the good guys because they followed the law?

    And on top of that they are trying to take the other two territories by setting up illegal settlements and setting up walls on those territories.

    If they wanted Peace.. Israel would just give the three territories to the Palestinians and not try to slowly annex them.
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-15-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  3. #1083
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Then why were they trying to occupy it to begin with ? The land was designated to Palestinians.

    So they tried to take the land until the UN stepped in and now they are the good guys because they followed the law?
    They rightfully acquired the land during the 1967 war.

    The U.N. 'awarded' Palestine the land.

    Israel had no obligation to cooperate at all but they did in a good faith gesture to appease the Palestinians and of course they want more.

    Why doesn't the U.N. just take the land from Israel and give it to the Palestinians if they have so much authority and power?

  4. #1084
    Who Goes There?
    Grim's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
    Posts
    5,156
    Rep Power
    144157
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    They rightfully acquired the land during the 1967 war.

    The U.N. 'awarded' Palestine the land.

    Israel had no obligation to cooperate at all but they did in a good faith gesture to appease the Palestinians and of course they want more.

    Why doesn't the U.N. just take the land from Israel and give it to the Palestinians if they have so much authority and power?
    Because look at who it has as allies, ya dope. Half the Western world is allied with Israel, so it just isn't feasibly going to happen.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.

    The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat.We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people... It is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

    Ongoing Threads:

    Grim's Other Threads:

    #GRIMLOVE

    WHO GOES THERE?
    THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD

  5. #1085
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim
    ya dope
    no u

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Because look at who it has as allies, ya dope. Half the Western world is allied with Israel, so it just isn't feasibly going to happen.
    Exactly. Because the U.N. really has no authority or power and is just a fucking joke.

  6. #1086
    Heel Champion
    Just Plain Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,784
    Rep Power
    162547

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    The Palestinians were a nomadic people, who couldnt fight to seize control of the territory. History is, like it or not, written by the victors.

  7. #1087
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Sayer View Post
    The Palestinians were a nomadic people, who couldnt fight to seize control of the territory. History is, like it or not, written by the victors.
    History shows the exact same of the Jewish people.

    And the same would be of Israel if America didn't fund it so much.

    Quick edit before assumptions:

    I am not against Jews or Muslims.

    This is about a particular situation, not the religion.

    "Fine people on both sides."
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  8. #1088
    Heel Champion
    Just Plain Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4,784
    Rep Power
    162547

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    But Israel DOES have a great ally and that matters not. Its the way of the world. Might makes right.

  9. #1089
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  10. #1090
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    143833

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Amazing!!

    To add to that the US, France and the UK have all stated they have evidence that Assad did it but cant say what it is. Kind of a "just trust us" approach.
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-16-2018 at 08:02 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  11. #1091
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    No evidence or proof, yet warranted a bombing.

    That's jumping the gun a bit.

    I guess getting involved with pissing off the majority of the middle east, China, North Korea, and Russia is no biggy. After all, Trump supporters go on about how fantastic America's military is.

    Sure, they could take China, Russia, North Korea, and the Middle East!

    But if you threaten to take peoples guns, the hayseeds can easily take the US government.
    Last edited by v4yne; 04-16-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  12. #1092
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    143833

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    No evidence or proof, yet warranted a bombing.

    That's jumping the gun a bit.
    And the best part...what do they have to lose by showing the evidence that they say they have?

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    No evidence or proof, yet warranted a bombing.

    That's jumping the gun a bit.

    I guess getting involved with pissing off the majority of the middle east, China, North Korea, and Russia is no biggy. After all, Trump supporters go on about how fantastic America's military is.

    Sure, they could take China, Russia, North Korea, and the Middle East!

    But if you threaten to take peoples guns, the hayseeds can easily take the US government.
    Amazing!!!! From my cold dead hands!!!!!

    The US cant take Russia. Thats why Trump backed off the sanctions Haley said they were setting up. Which makes her look like a dumbass. Or maybe because he loves Putin
    Last edited by indyfan; 04-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  13. #1093
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Can't say it's confidential and private, considering the POTUS announces military action on twitter, anyway.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  14. #1094
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Amazing!!

    To add to that the US, France and the UK have all stated they have evidence that Assad did it but cant say what it is. Kind of a "just trust us" approach.
    I'd trust them over Assad and Putin any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

  15. #1095
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I'd trust them over Assad and Putin any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    I see the Pro Trump stance of Putin has changed in recent times.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  16. #1096
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,990
    Rep Power
    143833

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I'd trust them over Assad and Putin any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    Even though they have lied before?
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

  17. #1097
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Even though they have lied before?
    I'd say they have a pretty damn good reputation those three.

    Sure.

  18. #1098
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    If you left the country, you'd see that USA does not have a good reputation at all.

    Out of the 28 countries I've been to, I don't think any of them had much good to say about America.

    And with obvious reason.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  19. #1099
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,408
    Rep Power
    128632
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    If you left the country, you'd see that USA does not have a good reputation at all.

    Out of the 28 countries I've been to, I don't think any of them had much good to say about America.

    And with obvious reason.
    I think they'd be willing to believe them in this instance.

    I honestly don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us either.

    If the USA, Great Britain, and France are in a coalition I'll guarantee they are the good guys every time.

  20. #1100
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,422
    Rep Power
    107456
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    I think they'd be willing to believe them in this instance.

    I honestly don't care what the rest of the world thinks of us either.

    If the USA, Great Britain, and France are in a coalition I'll guarantee they are the good guys every time.
    You say that, yet have great care of what Israel says or dose.

    To the rest, it's get on the Trump Train or get run over. To Israel? It's here have a ton of money, military protection, and respect.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •