Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302
Results 6,021 to 6,034 of 6034

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    But liking Donald Trump isn't agree to disagree, I'm sorry. I didn't like George Bush or him throwing us into a made up war for imperial reasons. I didn't like Romney or his policies, or McCain either. But I didn't lose respect for people who supported them, because those men are professional men who, despite my dislike for them, are good leaders in their own way. I have a lot of Republican friends who supported people like this, and I didn't think less of them. Like you said, it was agree to disagree.

But supporting Donald J Trump is different. And let this be known what I say isn't an attack on you, but an attack on anyone who supports this man. This isn't Democrat 've Republican, and if he was a Democrat...Like he was in the 90s, I'd be saying the same thing. This man represents so much evil in the world. Yet another former White House aide, this one Pence aide, has opened up about his psychopathic tendencies. His complete disregard for human life. Trump's defense to former administration members coming out against him was that they were disgruntled. But the disgruntled aides are adding up. How do you respond to that now? Every one is disgruntled and lying? Everyone? There's been more turnover in 4 years than Obama and Bush had in their 16 years combined. Trump represents racism, sexism, and just general hate. Supporting him at this point is not supporting a political candidate, it's supporting a cult. And I hope some of his cult at least sees that once he's out of office. I know a lot of people who voted him in 2016 see that now. Supporting Trump at this point is a total abandonment of any moral integrity you have.
    This reminds me of the quote from Hillary during one of the debates where she said she disagreed with candidates before Trump but she still respected them.

It's absolutely right too. I agree fully. I used to think that the reason Trump won is because people didn't actually listen to the concerns of his supporters. I think there is of course an element of truth to that and still is. But the man is so far gone that if they still support him at this point then I think very little of their ability to critically think on just about any level.

I can even maybe understand begrudgingly supporting him as a means to an end because he'll push through judges and legislation you support. I don't agree, but I can get it. But if you support the man and everything he does like his cult does, then yeah I agree that I don't think much of them at all. The man is a serial liar, incompetent, hateful, and people are voting for him despite the fact that the ones that vote for him are the ones that will never benefit from his economy.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Main Eventer

Status

Trumps telling his supporters Canada wants the border open again. lol
    The Ultimate Contrarian!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

Supporting Trump at this point is a total abandonment of any moral integrity you have.
    Sorry, but someone who knowingly and enthusiastically supports the murder of millions of babies per year does not get to lecture people about morals.

Your complete dismissal of why people voted for and support President Trump is alarming. You completely shut down any discussion and automatically label those people as racist. Immoral. Evil. When you do that, there is no discussion. If you shut down discussion there is only action.

Think carefully about what you and those like you are doing. Think about what doing such things have led to in the past. Think about how those people who do what you are doing are remembered looking back.

Thinking YOUR view is the only moral way and anyone who disagrees is evil and should not be listened to or considered.

Dangerous and alarming. Sad.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

― Mark Twain

Main Eventer

Status

Abortion is such a hot topic.

in my mind, im against it anywhere after the first trimester (unless medical reasons or rape). But im kind of against it in general. After having kids, my views on it changed. But i support places like planned parenthood where they help with contraceptives etc.

I understand right wingers views on it. the vast majority of abortions are done because too young or not ready. Both of those reasons are responsibilty issues. But having a bunch of kids not properly supported isnt ideal either. You can t brush it up to not my problem.

if my fiancee wanted an abortion, i would push for her to have the baby. But i understand, its her choice.

However, criminalizing and banning abortion would lead to it being done unsafely. Its far better to support abortion at this stage in our species evolution.

so personally im not to big on it, but on a society level, i support it.
    Last edited by indyfan; Today at 08:01 AM.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Dak View Post
    Sorry, but someone who knowingly and enthusiastically supports the murder of millions of babies per year does not get to lecture people about morals.

Your complete dismissal of why people voted for and support President Trump is alarming. You completely shut down any discussion and automatically label those people as racist. Immoral. Evil. When you do that, there is no discussion. If you shut down discussion there is only action.

Think carefully about what you and those like you are doing. Think about what doing such things have led to in the past. Think about how those people who do what you are doing are remembered looking back.

Thinking YOUR view is the only moral way and anyone who disagrees is evil and should not be listened to or considered.

So glad you brought up abortions

https://www.thealpenanews.com/opinio...der-democrats/

Turns out abortion rates are at their lowest when a Democrat is president. Huh, how about that? Republicans go for the "make it illegal" approach, while Democrats go for the "make it unnecessary" approach. Pretty clear which is more effective.

But keep pretending like abortions are the big thing Republicans save. Because that's totally false.

Republicans like to pretend they care about fetuses. But once they're born, they couldn't care less. Hence the absolute abuse going on to all the children under ICE care right now.

But since we did get into that morals area, we can talk about the whole forced hysterectomy thing too.

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Nobody likes abortions, it's something that ideally we'd never need. It's a horrible process that is traumatic for everyone involved. But it is a necessity because circumstances can vary wildly between families, and otherwise people are going to find less safe, illegal ways of doing it.

If you want to reduce abortion rates, start voting for people who will put money into education, helping the lower class, and who make contraception easily accessible.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Shock; Today at 08:21 AM.

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Main Eventer

Status

So glad you brought up abortions

https://www.thealpenanews.com/opinio...der-democrats/

Turns out abortion rates are at their lowest when a Democrat is president. Huh, how about that? Republicans go for the "make it illegal" approach, while Democrats go for the "make it unnecessary" approach. Pretty clear which is more effective.

But keep pretending like abortions are the big thing Republicans save. Because that's totally false.

Republicans like to pretend they care about fetuses. But once they're born, they couldn't care less. Hence the absolute abuse going on to all the children under ICE care right now.

But since we did get into that morals area, we can talk about the whole forced hysterectomy thing too.
    Theres no doubt the republicans views on it are outdated and ridiculous.

The safety behind making legal outweigh anything they can throw at it.

I mean you want women using coat hangers? or maybe throwing themsselves down the stairs.

Like i said, im not in favor of abortion, but reality is reality. Woman who want an abortion will get one

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Theres no doubt the republicans views on it are outdated and ridiculous.

The safety behind making legal outweigh anything they can throw at it.

I mean you want women using coat hangers? or maybe throwing themsselves down the stairs.

Like i said, im not in favor of abortion, but reality is reality. Woman who want an abortion will get one
    Agree. I'm in the middle. I don't think men have a right tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. Especially when there's so many double standards, specifically with male conservatives. It's not about "saving babies". It's about having control of women. Conservatives thrive on it. It's why they villainize female liberals more than male. Clinton, Pelosi, AOC. Any woman that threatens their power makes them scared out of their mind.

Another issue is the conservative mission to attack planned Parenthood, whenever abortions are just a small percentage of the services they provide to women.

Main Eventer

Status

Agree. I'm in the middle. I don't think men have a right tell women what they can and can't do with their bodies. Especially when there's so many double standards, specifically with male conservatives. It's not about "saving babies". It's about having control of women. Conservatives thrive on it. It's why they villainize female liberals more than male. Clinton, Pelosi, AOC. Any woman that threatens their power makes them scared out of their mind.

Another issue is the conservative mission to attack planned Parenthood, whenever abortions are just a small percentage of the services they provide to women.
    The attack on planned parenthood thing is messed up. its like they dont even want to know what its about.

Guys just do your part....get him out.

Cardcaptor

Status

Anyone who thinks abortions is "murdering babies" doesn't have any valid contributions to a topic discussing it.

Religious propaganda.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Anyone who thinks abortions is "murdering babies" doesn't have any valid contributions to a topic discussing it.

Religious propaganda.
    Doesn't it depend on the stage of pregnancy?

Cardcaptor

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Doesn't it depend on the stage of pregnancy?
    The issue is, the religious right believe that life begins at contraception. Therefor, all abortions are murder. They want all abortion outlawed under the premise that it does not agree with their religious beliefs. In order to achieve getting everyone on board with this, they spread blatant lies to scare their religious base. Such as ultra late term abortions, and even telling people they are for post-birth abortions. And, due to moral panic preying on the ignorance of their supporters, it works.

Unfortunately, this requires completely ignoring science. But then again, for people on the religious right? That's kind of their whole belief system.
    Everything will surely be alright.

Don't Cry Jennifer

Status
      Country                    Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing Dak View Post

Careful of that scathing hypocrisy there, Dak. The echo chamber is showing. I'd be careful about you labeling folks here when you've done your fair share of labeling. Quit acting like your way is the only truth and why don't you start to question your own beliefs more for once? Is your opinion on abortion even your own? Or is it what others have dictated to you into believing?

Abortion is a topic I thought I'd never have to talk about but here we are. Abortion is a morally grey area, it is not black and white as so many people depict it. There are arguments from both side. But to label one group as baby killers and the other as misogynistic isn't going to solve anything. Especially not in the environment we live in.

Unfortunately the radicalization of both parties over the last two decades has become a massive and possibly irreversible issue.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Democrats are being led by Joe Biden atm, I dont see how the most moderate dude in the world is the leader of a "radicalized" party. The radicalized left are the people all the democrats are pleading to vote democrat over third party.

Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302

Thread Information