Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5710

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

Main Eventer

Status

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

yeah we have a huge issue with it. thats not what im debating . Across the board, prison terms and prison itself is softer than America.

Unless you wan to stear the topic to discussing Canadas Police and RCMP issues with Native Americans and how fucked up they treat them, then please continue

We can even go into Montreals own racist issues with POC. Hell the Police cheif even admitted it
    Last edited by indyfan; 05-29-2020 at 08:29 PM.
    ROH 2003 - end of 2008 = best years of wrestling ever

twitch.tv/myrecycledballs

Status
      Country                    Norway

Minneapolis is looking worse and worse by the day. The major interstates are closed and now the National Guard and Police are firing off at anyone outside.

It's become a proverbial war zone.

twitch.tv/myrecycledballs

Status
      Country                    Norway

EDIT: Double Post

Fight The Power

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    That's a fair point, actually, Vayne. I usually stay open-minded and listen to both parties, throwing out questions to flaws that I see or potential hazards I may notice.

When it comes to politics, I'm mostly neutral. I'm Switzerland.

I see what a circus political discussions generally tend to be, and I see no real upside in taking any firm stance really and joining in. I'd much rather just sit on the sidelines here, munch on some popcorn, learn a little, laugh a little and not get all super serious about it.
    I deleted you from Facebook because I was sick of seeing you post all your pro-Trump shit and then come in here try to roast Dak like you were some double agent or some shit. Pick a lane and stay in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Minneapolis is looking worse and worse by the day. The major interstates are closed and now the National Guard and Police are firing off at anyone outside.

It's become a proverbial war zone.
    Bring out the guillotines.

Black Lives Matter.
    Trans Rights are Human Rights.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

All I am going to say about the situation.

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate...Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Fight The Power

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post

“The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy. Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate...Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

- Martin Luther King Jr.
    Y'all shot him

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

- Martin Luther King Jr.
    What's your thoughts on the quote?

Do you know why he said this?

Man was smeared by the US government was he not as well?

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

i dont blame the rioters at this point. Look how they dealt with people kneeling during the national anthem. They cried about them disrespecting the flag.

Status

There sure have been a lot of white folks the last few days cherry-picking MLK quotes to support their point of view, while also ignoring his direct children's thoughts on what he have wanted, and that MLK himself absolutely would have marched to the streets for all of this. Would he have vandalized shit? Nah, but a lot of that is coming from white people and saboteurs anyway. In today's age MLK would lead one of his signature protests and people would take to Twitter the next day condemning him because he was hated then and he would be hated today.

I won't hear a single fucking MLK quote from someone who criticized Colin Kaepernick's protesting.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Silk's Degrassi Recaps
    Pathetically Recapping Wrestling's Most Famous Garbage
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Mafia Overlord, #Iconic Hall of Famer

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

#BlackLivesMatter

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

My store will be closing three hours earlier today than usual due to the ongoing protests. I was asked if I could stay an extra hour but I declined. Our location hasn’t closed up shop completely yet but two other locations in our district have closed temporarily and one of them was looted last night.

Stay safe out there everyone.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Fight The Power

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I won't hear a single fucking MLK quote from someone who criticized Colin Kaepernick's protesting.
    THAT PART

Black Lives Matter.
    FUCK THE POLICE.

Main Eventer

Status

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I saw that Atlanta did fire some of their officers due to excessive force yesterday.

But I wouldn't want to be on either side honestly, protestor or police. The cops, even the good ones, are probably so on edge right now. They are getting targeted pretty badly, cop cars and precincts are being attacked and lit on fire.

So from their POV they don't know if they're in danger when protestors are acting in a manner that could be aggressive.

With that said, I think a lot of police right now are misjudging the scale of aggressiveness...Likely due to the stress right now.

At the same time, because of police being so on edge, I wouldn't put myself in danger to go and protest. Like this shit is crazy, and both sides are both in danger of harming the other.

All About That Ace

Status
      Country                    Canada

I think this is happening because cops were already harming people, tbf.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

A local state of emergency has been placed throughout counties of San Diego, with a curfew in place going until the morning.

I made it home safely from work and as far as I know we’ll be back open again tomorrow, but we were all given a phone number to call before our shifts start to see if there’s an update on whether the store will be closed.

Rest in power, Flock U
    Rest in power, TCON

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    i dont blame the rioters at this point. Look how they dealt with people kneeling during the national anthem. They cried about them disrespecting the flag.
    You're spot on here. They tried to peacefully protest and were dismissed for disrespecting the troops and the flag.

You can only go unheard for so long.

They have the nation's attention. Now is the time to turn this protest legitimate. Though I worry there's no leadership, and it'll fizzle out and the nothing will happen beyond the current looting.

Status

Guess who started the escalation of the riots in Pittsburgh by burning a police car...

Some 20 year old white little punk who lives in a good neighborhood near me. Some entitled brat who's had everything handed to him his entire life, crashed the peaceful protest and made it about himself.

He didn't care about George Floyd, a man who probably had a uphill battle his entire life, he was out there having fun thinking there were no consequences.

I want to say I hope he ruined his entire life. But the sad thing is he probably spends less time locked up than some of the peaceful protestors who they arrested

[Run]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    A local state of emergency has been placed throughout counties of San Diego, with a curfew in place going until the morning.

I made it home safely from work and as far as I know we’ll be back open again tomorrow, but we were all given a phone number to call before our shifts start to see if there’s an update on whether the store will be closed.
    Take care Jimmy. Between this and Covid 19, bet you didn't think work would be so eventful this year huh?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

I mean, if we're gonna play the "Quote MLK" game

"First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection."

-Martin Luther King Jr

Page 271 of 286 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281 ... LastLast

Thread Information