Page 182 of 182 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182
Results 3,621 to 3,639 of 3639

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    So its only forced patriotism if you can be killed for speaking out?

Also its great you brought up North Korea...whos leader Trump has said was good man
    ..or arrested. Which is what the first amendment is all about. That's literally all that amendment means. You can't be arrested or killed for speaking out about your country or leader.

The amount of anti-Trump rhetoric in this country is quite a lot. There's no shortest of people speaking ill about this country online or on the air without repercussions from their government.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    That's your go to defense for forced patriotism? North Korea? That's like making me eat dog shit, and when I complain you telling me that I should be grateful because there's starving kids in Africa.

It's blatant propaganda and forced patriotism. Kids are ordered to stand up and recite the pledge of allegiance like some sort of cultist chant before they're even old enough to know what it means.
    This is how I know you don't actually know what is or isn't protected by 1A. Because school IS protected by the 1st and SCOTUS has already ruled kids don't have to stand for the anthem at school (West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette).

I've never seen so many people that have so many freedoms want to shit on the country that grants them those rights. So bizarre.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

People's Champion

Status

Im sure some 7 year old is going to cite that case if he/she decides to sit out on the anthem and the teacher tries to make them stand
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Status

Im sure some 7 year old is going to cite that case if he/she decides to sit out on the anthem and the teacher tries to make them stand
    And that teacher will get in trouble for it if it gets brought to the right people. Most schools actually send permission slips home to the parents so they know who will and won't be standing for the anthem. To have their bases covered I guess.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

Exactly. It was 2003 when I was in 2nd grade and forced to recite the National Anthem, America the beautiful, and the pledge of allegiance in class every day, and my teacher made it clear we had no option to sit. In fact if we coughed during it we got in trouble and had to start over too.

Sicario I wasn't saying that schools were forced to do it to begin with, although thank you for pointing out it before 1943 they actually were forcing kids to do it.

My problem is, the schools have made it part of the routine. And for what reason? Forced patriotism, for something the kids don't understand. Legally forced as you pointed out no, but psychologically forced yes.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Exactly. It was 2003 when I was in 2nd grade and forced to recite the National Anthem, America the beautiful, and the pledge of allegiance in class every day, and my teacher made it clear we had no option to sit. In fact if we coughed during it we got in trouble and had to start over too.

Sicario I wasn't saying that schools were forced to do it to begin with, although thank you for pointing out it before 1943 they actually were forcing kids to do it.

My problem is, the schools have made it part of the routine. And for what reason? Forced patriotism, for something the kids don't understand. Legally forced as you pointed out no, but psychologically forced yes.
    We're a country that respects our past and loves our freedoms. It would be a sad world where everyone hated their country.

It sounds to me you had a teacher that did far more than break that law. Sounds like s/he abused the classroom. I'm sorry no one did anything to stop it.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Sicario, wasnt your last word on the subject, like 30 posts ago?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Sicario, wasnt your last word on the subject, like 30 posts ago?
    On the specifics of the kneeling and then Sully decided to continue on about the first amendment which is what I originally wanted to comment on.

Why? You want to egg me on now, too? It's not like I can stop other people from continuing to quote me or mention me. Just like now. My last post was 5 hours ago, so why bring it back up?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

People's Champion

Status

What are everyones thoughts on parental leave funded by taxes? Im all for it. I couldnt be happier that my babies mama got a year off. Its not full pay but id rather her be home during those crucial months and not have to worry about making my mortgage payments.

Im also happy that my taxes go into helping my community so all kids parents can be home for the first 55 weeks of childs life.

Brick Shithouse

Status

What are everyones thoughts on parental leave funded by taxes? Im all for it. I couldnt be happier that my babies mama got a year off. Its not full pay but id rather her be home during those crucial months and not have to worry about making my mortgage payments.

Im also happy that my taxes go into helping my community so all kids parents can be home for the first 55 weeks of childs life.
    Your employer, not taxes, should pay for most of it unless it's a small business that would need government relief.

But yes everyone should get time off at the birth of their child to care for them.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Get Bitches.

Status
      Country                    UK

No shocker, but Dickhead Donnie will lie about anything. Even his best friends at Fox are correcting him: https://twitter.com/FoxNewsResearch/...47585116753920

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Your employer, not taxes, should pay for most of it unless it's a small business that would need government relief.

But yes everyone should get time off at the birth of their child to care for them.

I'm okay with employer or tax payer funded time off.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post

Here its through taxes and it works fine. Putting it on the Employer may allow some employers to offer it and some who don't or different employers having different amount of time off. Also if it was employers it would come out of your pay anyway. So what difference does it make? Just like unemployment insurance. Everyone pays into the pot and everyone can use it if the scenario arises.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Here its through taxes and it works fine. Putting it on the Employer may allow some employers to offer it and some who don't or different employers having different amount of time off. Also if it was employers it would come out of your pay anyway. So what difference does it make? Just like unemployment insurance. Everyone pays into the pot and everyone can use it if the scenario arises.
    Doesn't really make too much difference tbh. Over here it comes from the employer but if it works via taxes then fair enough.

In this country the employer has to offer maternity pay, they always offer the same % of your pay for the same amount of time, and everyone is entitled to the same amount of time off. Its illegal not to offer these. The only slight thing is employers can put it in your contract that you have to be with the company for a certain period of time to be eligible (around 6 months usually). People can also apply for benefits as well.

Brick Shithouse

Status

President Thin Skin has cancelled his trip to Ireland ahead of protests. Shame. That would have been quite the sight.

Could be because of the hurricane mind you, but he does have history putting off visits to unfriendly places (Australia and UK for example)

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

In fairness if Trump left the country with a Cat 4 Hurricane ready to slam into my backyard, he'd get crucified for it.

Status

Hey so Paul Manafort pled guilty today, that's going on.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

this puerto rico business is sad. trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Hey so Paul Manafort pled guilty today, that's going on.
    The best part is, GOP can't say that the Mueller investigation is wasting money anymore. So far the Mueller investigation has costed roughly 8 million...Manafort just forfeited $46 million

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    this puerto rico business is sad. trump is the gift that keeps on giving.
    He's a sociopath.

Thread Information