Page 18 of 132 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Get Bitches.

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
    Didn't realise this was a problem in the US? Have our American posters on here experienced someone kicking their door in to murder their family? If that is true we should do something about it!

I know! Thoughts and Prayers.
    Dak is not wrong. There's something awful happening in the rural midwest due to drug trade.

This is a good example: https://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/01/h...nty/index.html

Is it an edge case? Yes, but it does happen. And with meth & heroin tragically ravaging the USA, it happens with more frequency.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Dak is not wrong. There's something awful happening in the rural midwest due to drug trade.

This is a good example: https://edition.cnn.com/2016/05/01/h...nty/index.html

Is it an edge case? Yes, but it does happen. And with meth & heroin tragically ravaging the USA, it happens with more frequency.
    After reading that, is not quite the average American family getting their door kicked in to be randomly murder.

I'm also guessing, since this article is from nearly two years ago, that the problem is not quite as frequent as 18 school shootings since the start of the year.

People's Champion

Status

Wow... apparently the feds were tipped off about the shooter 6 months ago. This reminds me of when Russia tipped off the US about the Boston bombers.

The US was tipped off about the Japanese before Pearl Harbour was hit

Why are these tips being ignored?
    Last edited by indyfan; 02-15-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

I actually wasn't aware that there had been so many shooting in 2018 until yesterday when the Florida shooting occurred and the stats started to circulate. There's no other word for it than disgusting. I will never understand the attitude of we can't even try to fix this problem, it's unacceptable for politicians to not even try to do something. No you probably won't ever solve America's gun problem, but if implementing one small change to gun laws and regulations prevents even just one school shooting, then it's worth it to the parent's that don't have to bury their children in that town.

Disappointing to see Trump has already blamed it on mental health and people should of reported their suspicions sooner. Every country in the world has teenagers that suffer mental health issues, but America is the only one stupid enough to allow them to access guns which leads to so many school shootings. Didn't Trump sign a bill last year to nix the regulations that prevent certain mentally ill people from owning a gun? and the same Trump who has cut the budget for mental health care this year? Those two actions that he has signed off on are hardly going to help matters. I read an article today that said the majority of high schools in America don't have a professionally trained social worker or psychologist on staff, and hearing that the Florida shooter has a background of issues that might of been appropriate to see a trained professional about, I would think that might be an area to look into for the government to say where could we be doing better.

Status

Ed, now is no time to talk about gun control. Laws cannot possibly prevent these things from happening. Thoughts and prayers are the way forward. Please pray accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Wow... apparently the feds were tipped off about the shooter 6 months ago. This reminds me of when Russia tipped off the US about the Boston bombers.

The US was tipped off about the Japanese before Pearl Harbour was hit

Why are these tips being ignored?
    Generally.... its about volume and how to gauge intent. Just because someone is showing interests that raise giant red flags don't mean they will act on them. And its very difficult to maintain full-time surveillance on every high-risk individual. Its frustrating as fuck that there were signs that weren't seen or were ignored, but given the easy access to weapons in a state like Florida....

...sorry, sorry got carried away. gun control can't solve anything.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

The US was also tipped off against sailing the Lusitania in German waters at that time, by the Germans themselves.

And as stated, Pearl Harbor. Historically, the USA tends to ignore warnings.

And Ed, as Dak pointed out...Apparently, this is a problem that can be fixed everywhere else, but not here. Why? I dunno. Apparently it's apples and oranges, and there is nothing we can do about it.

It's not guns, it's mental health! But alas, there's no way to fix it. Apparently!

Sweet Meat

Status

I forget who it was, but whoever made the point that a pistol or a shotgun isn't going to help overthrow an oppressive government that can launch a missile at any second is spot on.

I'm not saying take all the guns away, but people who actually believe that point.. lol come the fuck on. Think.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Booty For HOF

Status

Well, I suppose I may chime in a bit.

There are several reasons that tragedies, such as the most recent school shooting keep occurring. Does mental health play a factor in some cases? Yes, it does. However, I am not believing that every time someone shoots another person they're mentally ill. A lot of individuals who commits a murder, whether it be by gun, knife, or strangulation have no mental problems. Let's stop making excuses for someone, and saying they need help after they kill another human being just for the sake of it. Are the gang members who commit drive by shootings in place in Chicago (on a weekly basis too), Detroit, Lansing, etc mentally ill, or are they killing children in the cross fires because a rival member is on their "turf"? Let's stop making excuses for people and hold them accountable for their actions, and stop blaming an object, mental health, or whatever other excuse we can muster. Hell, someone on this website (no longer an active member) even held sympathy for the Columbine Shooters because they were rejected by their classmates. Seriously. Yeah, makes sense to go shoot up a school because a female won't have sex with you, doesn't it?

Let's look at our current situation in America. Yes, there are gun laws in place. However, what isn't discussed is "Why are they not being enforce"?. I read an article from 2016, that perfectly summed up one of the major flaws. Our previous President was asked, "Why don't you just enforce the current Laws?". Simply put, there isn't enough man power and resources to enforce them. Not only that, members of Congress who are rubbing elbows with Gun Lobbyists, voted to cut funding to the ATF. Speaking of the ATF, remember how they pretty much became a boogie man overnight, and made to look evil by media of the right? Remember what happened when they attempted to enforce some gun laws in Ruby Ridge Idaho, and again in Waco Texas? Yeah, those were pretty violent moments in American History. By the way, has anyone watched the Waco mini series on Paramount? Yeah, they're making white supremacists out to be heroes standing up to the government, and a child rapist cult leader out to be a hero. There was a lot of fault on both sides in those incidents, but the blame is being placed heavily on one side, within that interpretation of those stories. People are going to tend to believe the side that seems to have similar views as their own.

Something does need to be done on both sides of these arguments though. Too many homeless people in Atlanta have Mental Issues, and were basically abandoned by family. It does sicken me to see someone abandon a family member, just because "it is too much". There is also only so much a homeless shelter can do for these individuals too. Some may get a sandwich and eight ounces of orange juice, but really no one to help make sure they get the treatment they need. There were a few Presidents who attempted to help the mentally Ill, (Truman, Kennedy (best president ever!), and Carter), but in the 1980s the Central Government's role vastly decreased. Beginning with Reagan, spending into Mental Health treatment was greatly reduced, and several Mental Institutions closed down as a result. Where did these individuals end up? Why either on the streets or in jail of course. Where else are they going to go? Yes, Trump may have reduced some more of the investments into Mental Health, but lets not forget what happened under Obama in 2009. $4.35 Billion was cut from assisting Mental Health from 2009-2011, which was the largest cut since the Regan's Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (which led to the facilities being closed down). Yeah, both sides have their hands in this. Guess they have got to keep making more cuts to pay the increasing interests on the debt we owe to the Federal Reserve, huh?
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    I forget who it was, but whoever made the point that a pistol or a shotgun isn't going to help overthrow an oppressive government that can launch a missile at any second is spot on.

I'm not saying take all the guns away, but people who actually believe that point.. lol come the fuck on. Think.
    Dak and his neighborhood watch group with their semiautomatic weapons vs. the U.S. government and their nuclear bombs, tanks, and planes.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Dak and his neighborhood watch group with their semiautomatic weapons vs. the U.S. government and their nuclear bombs, tanks, and planes.
    You mean to tell me Dak does not have a "Well regulated militia" he's a part of?

But yes, all jests aside, that is pretty much what I have to chuckle at. As if people honestly believe they could start and win a civil war over such a thing, against a military that they themselves boast as the best in the world. So they are saying an unorganized, untrained group of guys can take on that military might, as well as the USA's allies (Albeit they are dwindling in numbers, thanks to Agent Orange.)

Status

Trump Supporters: Screw Education, spend that money on building the biggest and baddest military in the world! Tanks, Missles, Nukes, and boots on the ground.

Also Trump Supporters: We should be able to own assault rifles in case we have to fight the government some day.

On Vacation

Status

The hypocrisy is pretty comical.

People's Champion

Status

So much for the "Civil" politics thread, eh?

Oh wait, it's not Dak doing the generalizing and mudslinging so it's okay I guesx.

On Vacation

Status

Not sure how I said anything that was generalizing or mudslinging.

It's more or less quoting what a member has stated as their beliefs, and recanting about the illogical aspect of it.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Trump Supporters: Screw Education, spend that money on building the biggest and baddest military in the world! Tanks, Missles, Nukes, and boots on the ground.

Also Trump Supporters: We should be able to own assault rifles in case we have to fight the government some day.
    If it's the person not the weapon then maybe we should arm our citizens with military grade weaponry. Assault rifles, mines, grenades, rocket launchers. That way the American people can feel safer when the government becomes corrupted.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    If it's the person not the weapon then maybe we should arm our citizens with military grade weaponry. Assault rifles, mines, grenades, rocket launchers. That way the American people can feel safer when the government becomes corrupted.

America would turn into that show Super Jail and fast.

Hopefully someone remembers the show, and gets what I mean.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status
      Country                    Japan

I do Vayne. What a weird fucking show that was.

"Why won't the rainclouds go away? They're not going away at all..."

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I started doing what I do and found out some information....

There have been 5 actual "school shootings" in the US that took place in a school during school hours. The other 13 include a suicide, a shooting outside a school after school hours, peace officer and security officers weapons negligently discharging, etc.

We have to have honest facts if we are going to have an honest debate. The whole 18 number came from Everytown4guns that classifies every gun discharge near or in a school as a "school shooting" (outside of school hours, on the street near the school, etc.) Bernie Sanders retweeted a tweet from them stating this was the 18th this year and it took off.

Now... is 5 an acceptable number? I wouldn't say so, but I don't think numbers need to be inflated to show the horror of the situation.

Brick Shithouse

Status

It's not even the fact that it's a school shooting. People keep saying nonsense like there needs to be armed guards at schools and teachers need to be armed. That these incidents happen because they are gun free zones.

Even if that would work (it wouldn't) it ignores the bigger picture.

There have been 27 reported deaths (6 suicides, 21 homicides) from guns since the Florida school shooting less than 48 hours ago. School shootings make the news but only because you are all so desensitized to the big problem. This is going to sound heartless but in reality shootings are a small part of a much much larger problem.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Sayer View Post
    So much for the "Civil" politics thread, eh?

Oh wait, it's not Dak doing the generalizing and mudslinging so it's okay I guesx.
    Truth hurts, breh. If you were referring to my post, don't forget that we are friends on social media and I don't think I've made any general assumptions.

Thread Information