Page 154 of 199 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 3980

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TB12 View Post

Then again, the fact that the majority of people who are staunch constitutionalism believe the Bible word for word is about all the evidence you need on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Its usually the same people who look to a dated document also look to a dated book about faith.

Coincidence.....
    I don't believe a word in the bible. Try again.

The fact people feel a dated document must be kept and honored no matter what, and have absolute power is just silly. Somethings stay the same, but some things change over hundreds of years of history and advancement. Do you expect in 200 years from now, all of those to be held to heart?

Also, if a state is corrupt and doing heinous things, then what? That's okay? Personally, I think state rights are okay to an extent, but to give too much power to individual states is just silly. Sure, let's just have some states be entirely backwards and oppress human rights, have horrid education standards, and lackluster economies.

The point is, you can go on about states all you want. But what about when states, and numerous of them do and will fail to meet country level expectations? Are these not all countrymen and Americans? That's dated colonial ideology.
    The U.S. Constitution is the backbone of this country. We're not America if we decided wily nilly when it should count and when it shouldn't.

No one is saying we can't adapt to the time we live in. I'm a Republican after all and we believed in freedom for all and keeping the union together over state's rights so much we fought a war over it.

I also said the fed has authority over instate disputes. I don't won't to debate over how much control they should over the states' ability to govern themselves, but of course at some point they can step in if a state gets too far out of control. But it should be rare and limited.

Nothing dated about believing in the United States of America.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

People's Champion

Status

To me it's just shocking to think anyone doesn't think things of that age need examining in modern times, and don't realize how drastically different (Whether they like it or not) things are.

Ah well, bring back asbestos and coal mines.

What next, no more allowing women to vote and segregated bathrooms? :P

They don't want women to vote or work they want it to be like it was in the 50s.. You know when life was so much better than today.

In reality asbestos isn't as bad as the scare is. Its only certain kinds and about 95% of all building materials( that contained it) is of the less harmful kind. Smoking destroys asbestos as far as dangers go. You'd be surprised how much is still in most houses. Anyway this is what i gathered from my investigation into it when i i found some around my heating ducts in my new house. I still got it removed but due to my worrying i googled the shit out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicario View Post
    I don't believe a word in the bible. Try again.

The U.S. Constitution is the backbone of this country. We're not America if we decided wily nilly when it should count and when it shouldn't.

No one is saying we can't adapt to the time we live in. I'm a Republican after all and we believed in freedom for all and keeping the union together over state's rights so much we fought a war over it.

I also said the fed has authority over instate disputes. I don't won't to debate over how much control they should over the states' ability to govern themselves, but of course at some point they can step in if a state gets too far out of control. But it should be rare and limited.

Nothing dated about believing in the United States of America.
    Lies!!!!
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-10-2018 at 12:25 AM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Status

You have to love when we get to the point of the conversation when they try to attribute sinister motivations to the people they don't agree with. I mean we were integral in women's suffrage and civil rights, but sure now we want to roll those back.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Well, I wouldn't say no one is saying that, Sicario. :P

And yes, what was integral as a party at one point is not always the same.

KKK loving democrats of yore and Abe leading the GOP was the past.

Now you have the religious right borderline wanting a theocracy and mad men like Pence in power who preach conversion therapy.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

People's Champion

Status

You have to love when we get to the point of the conversation when they try to attribute sinister motivations to the people they don't agree with. I mean we were integral in women's suffrage and civil rights, but sure now we want to roll those back.
    Sounds like typical women hating defense to me

Status

Well, I wouldn't say no one is saying that, Sicario. :P

And yes, what was integral as a party at one point is not always the same.

KKK loving democrats of yore and Abe leading the GOP was the past.

Now you have the religious right borderline wanting a theocracy and mad men like Pence in power who preach conversion therapy.
    There was a Dixiecrat Klanmaster on the Democratic Senate as recently as 2010.

Joking aside, Pence hitched his wagon to Trump. There's a good chunk of us that have zero desire to see that man in the oval office anymore than you do.

Anyone suggesting we rip up the roads are morons. Probably anarchists or extreme libertarians. I mean I don't like taxes either, but I'm not gonna squawk about taxation being theft every day of my life.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

They don't want women to vote or work they want it to be like it was in the 50s.. You know when life was so much better than today.

In reality asbestos isn't as bad as the scare is. Its only certain kinds and about 95% of all building materials( that contained it) is of the less harmful kind. Smoking destroys asbestos as far as dangers go. You'd be surprised how much is still in most houses. Anyway this is what i gathered from my investigation into it when i i found some around my heating ducts in my new house. I still got it removed but due to my worrying i googled the shit out of it.

Lies!!!!
    Nope. Don't believe in it.

Sounds like typical women hating defense to me
    Fighting for and passing the legislation that allowed women to vote sounds like women hating?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

People's Champion

Status

Nope. Don't believe in it.

Fighting for and passing the legislation that allowed women to vote sounds like women hating?
    i was just busting your chops

Status

i was just busting your chops
    I figured as much. But I know what you want.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

Status

The fact people feel a dated document must be kept and honored no matter what, and have absolute power is just silly. Somethings stay the same, but some things change over hundreds of years of history and advancement. Do you expect in 200 years from now, all of those to be held to heart?

Also, if a state is corrupt and doing heinous things, then what? That's okay? Personally, I think state rights are okay to an extent, but to give too much power to individual states is just silly. Sure, let's just have some states be entirely backwards and oppress human rights, have horrid education standards, and lackluster economies.

The point is, you can go on about states all you want. But what about when states, and numerous of them do and will fail to meet country level expectations? Are these not all countrymen and Americans? That's dated colonial ideology.

Then again, the fact that the majority of people who are staunch constitutionalism believe the Bible word for word is about all the evidence you need on that.
    A dated document written by a bunch of slave owners, and legit didn't think that version of the constitution would even last past their lifetimes.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Certain things are regulated by the Federal Government.

If something is not it should remain to the States to regulate.

If it is not granted to the Federal government in the Constitution, I vehemently oppose them trying to regulate it unless they do so through proper channels which is making a Constitutional Amendment.

This shit about changing the Constitution because you fucking well feel like it is going to cause a major rift in this country that could cause lasting consequences.

They laid waste to our land, they took it from our hand
    From Atlanta to Savannah, they scorched our earth
    They stole our corn and wheat, they left no food to eat
    They slaughtered all the cattle, took the things of worth
    Well, we got women and children too
    Just the same as you
    Ain't it enough just to know that you got us beat

The hatred will never cease, even now that there's peace
    The feelings will run as deep as the scars we bear
    This ain't cloth we wear it's a rag, we're at the mercy of the carpetbag
    What you call justice is plain unfair
    How the hell can you ever claim
    It's been worth all of the pain
    Just to have us live together under one flag

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

I think while the idea of a "space force" sounds pretty dumb on paper, it does inevitably lead to increased funding for space research which is more than could be said previously.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Certain things are regulated by the Federal Government.

If something is not it should remain to the States to regulate.

If it is not granted to the Federal government in the Constitution, I vehemently oppose them trying to regulate it unless they do so through proper channels which is making a Constitutional Amendment.

This shit about changing the Constitution because you fucking well feel like it is going to cause a major rift in this country that could cause lasting consequences.
    Yeah, it's totally just people raising the idea of it because they "just feel like it". Yeah, just for shit's and giggles.

Nothing to do with the fact it's hundreds of years old and any rational minded country would reexamine these things periodically, and it was not written with foresight for the future.

You truly think in 200-400 years it should be left the same as it was? In 1000? Can you imagine if Italy still went by the law of the Holy Roman Empire?

Quit the "major rift" and "Lasting consequences" rah rah rah, civil war, enemy combatants shtick. We get it your narrative on it.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

You stop the whole "a document should change just because I think it should" bullshit.

Murder has been against the law for some time now. Maybe we should re-examine that?

How about bank robbery?

You don't go changing shit just for shits and giggles.

There is a way to change to the Constitution. If it gives you such a hard on to imagine it being changed get out there and try to get support for a Constitutional Amendment.

Stop the talk about getting rid of America's most sacred document.

People like you are shifting yourselves so far from normal, rational, every day Americans. That is what is causing the nasty, violent, irrational, rift that is plaguing our country.

Stop this nonsense.

They laid waste to our land, they took it from our hand
    From Atlanta to Savannah, they scorched our earth
    They stole our corn and wheat, they left no food to eat
    They slaughtered all the cattle, took the things of worth
    Well, we got women and children too
    Just the same as you
    Ain't it enough just to know that you got us beat

The hatred will never cease, even now that there's peace
    The feelings will run as deep as the scars we bear
    This ain't cloth we wear it's a rag, we're at the mercy of the carpetbag
    What you call justice is plain unfair
    How the hell can you ever claim
    It's been worth all of the pain
    Just to have us live together under one flag

People's Champion

Status

I figured as much. But I know what you want.

You can't handle my hugs

Canada has issues with Saudi Arabias human rights violations and Trump stayed pretty quiet about the feud of words. In fact it strengthens the beleif that Trump prefers authoritarian regimes

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/..._autoplay=true
    Last edited by indyfan; 08-10-2018 at 07:49 AM.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    You stop the whole "a document should change just because I think it should" bullshit.

Murder has been against the law for some time now. Maybe we should re-examine that?

How about bank robbery?

You don't go changing shit just for shits and giggles.

There is a way to change to the Constitution. If it gives you such a hard on to imagine it being changed get out there and try to get support for a Constitutional Amendment.

Stop the talk about getting rid of America's most sacred document.

People like you are shifting yourselves so far from normal, rational, every day Americans. That is what is causing the nasty, violent, irrational, rift that is plaguing our country.

Stop this nonsense.
    Yeah, considering you think people are just talking about changing stuff for "Shits and giggles", I think it's pretty apparent you're not going to get anything. But hey, we've known that about discussing politics with you on here for the last few years since you took a staunch right wing turn.

Nasty, violent, irrational? That's coming from someone who constantly refers to those whom he disagrees with as enemy combatants and mentions civil wars and needing firearms to defend himself from tyranny.

I'm pretty sure anyone in favor of a space force or Donald Trump for president loses any room to talk about "Rational, normal, every day Americans".

Most sacred document. rofl.

See:

Nothing to do with the fact it's hundreds of years old and any rational minded country would reexamine these things periodically, and it was not written with foresight for the future.

You truly think in 200-400 years it should be left the same as it was? In 1000? Can you imagine if Italy still went by the law of the Holy Roman Empire?

For a group of people who go on about snow flakes and safe places, you guys get pretty fucking triggered whenever you mention your love affair with slave owners and weapons.

Man of the Hour

Status
      Country                    Turkey

I would love the shit out of Trump if he just nuked us to oblivion.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Hey guys, remember the last time we had "States Rights" run rampant!? Oh... no?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nLvRJp...9&index=4&t=0s

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Oh hey. Andrew Miller, a former aide to Trump advisor Roger Stone, has been held in contempt of court for refusing to show up to a Mueller Grand Jury hearing. What a fucking maroon.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

Status

Big day for Trump's PR team.

Omarosa, former Apprentice contestant and White House advisor, is writing a memoir and is saying confidently that Trump is a racist, has heard him use racial slurs, and is confident that Apprentice tapes exist of him saying them on camera, though the production company won't release the footage.

And there's Trump on Twitter flagrantly breaking the law, calling for NFL players to be suspended for anthem protesting which is a direct violation of the law that states government officials are not allowed to influence or threaten action on the way a private company conducts its business.

Just another day in this spinning carousel of madness.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Thread Information