Page 139 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2930

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

  1. #2761
    Get Bitches.
    Inogenius's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland/London
    Posts
    5,877
    Rep Power
    50007
      Country                    UK

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Whether it's 1950's technology or not (hint: it's not. It's not even Russian - it's Ukrainian), I don't want any missiles lobbed my way. I'm sure the Japanese and South Koreans, both USA allies, feel the same way.

    Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone would be arrogant about US military accomplishments. The hitmen haven't accomplished anything in 6 decades.
    Last edited by Inogenius; 07-07-2018 at 05:10 PM.

  2. #2762
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Whether it's 1950's technology or not (hint: it's not. It's not even Russian - it's Ukrainian), I don't want any missiles lobbed my way. I'm sure the Japanese and South Koreans, both USA allies, feel the same way.
    That's alright, we've got country music song lyrics that apparently prove it's no big deal.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  3. #2763

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    16,618
    Rep Power
    666798
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Dak is fine with violence as long as America wins


    ~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:






  4. #2764
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Nationalism is a scary thing, Shake.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  5. #2765
    Booty For HOF
    Cloud Strife's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midgar
    Posts
    6,136
    Rep Power
    137251
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Whether it's 1950's technology or not (hint: it's not. It's not even Russian - it's Ukrainian), I don't want any missiles lobbed my way. I'm sure the Japanese and South Koreans, both USA allies, feel the same way.

    Anyway, I'm not sure why anyone would be arrogant about US military accomplishments. The hitmen haven't accomplished anything in 6 decades.
    Again with the Hitmen comments? Oh well, at least the two "Hitmen" on this forum never made a thread dedicated (well making fun of) all the women they slept with. Unlike someone we know, even included their names too! Ha! Short list by the way.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

  6. #2766
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Again with the Hitmen comments? Oh well, at least the two "Hitmen" on this forum never made a thread dedicated (well making fun of) all the women they slept with. Unlike someone we know, even included their names too! Ha! Short list by the way.
    To be fair, that sounds like something you would do.

    Or Troy.

    Maybe Jake.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  7. #2767
    I'm your Huckleberry
    Dakstang's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    20,946
    Rep Power
    221407
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I edited some of the lyrics of a couple more verses to the song to fit this situation.

    "Hey ol' Kim Jong you figured wrong
    When you thought the whole world would back down
    And let you threaten brag and lie while you let your people die
    Let sleeping dogs lie don't give us a reason

    Don't give us a reason, to come gunnin' for you
    'Cause the odds don't look so good, and your neck is in a noose
    And if you don't stick to the plan that's when the shits gonna hit the fan
    And my advice is... don't give us a reason
    "


    Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

  8. #2768
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Don't quit your day job, Dak.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  9. #2769
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    32,099
    Rep Power
    1135717
      Country                    England

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    I prefer the rewriting of Atomic Kitten's Whole Again by the English fans tbh.

  10. #2770
    Get Bitches.
    Inogenius's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cleveland/London
    Posts
    5,877
    Rep Power
    50007
      Country                    UK

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Again with the Hitmen comments? Oh well, at least the two "Hitmen" on this forum never made a thread dedicated (well making fun of) all the women they slept with. Unlike someone we know, even included their names too! Ha! Short list by the way.
    Most people in the military are a great group. Most.

    And for a lot of people, the military is a great opportunity. The benefits are unbeatable. Someone from a rough home? No better place to get structure and a fresh opportunity than the military. Someone who made poor choices growing up? Military can straighten you out. And then there's those who just feel necessary to serve - sure, I get it.

    But the people directing them. Not so good. The US military is more about controlling economic interests than anything.

    As for me... I was an ignorant d-bag. Still am by a lot of standards.
    Last edited by Inogenius; 07-07-2018 at 08:10 PM.

  11. #2771
    Booty For HOF
    Cloud Strife's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midgar
    Posts
    6,136
    Rep Power
    137251
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    To be fair, that sounds like something you would do.

    Or Troy.

    Maybe Jake.
    To be fair, would I have to include you in my list? I mean, you did get me drunk and wear that blond wig, and told me that you were Vanna White from the year 1988 and had time traveled just to see me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Most people in the military are a great group. Most.

    And for a lot of people, the military is a great opportunity. The benefits are unbeatable. Someone from a rough home? No better place to get structure and a fresh opportunity than the military. Someone who made poor choices growing up? Military can straighten you out. And then there's those who just feel necessary to serve - sure, I get it.

    But the people directing them. Not so good. The US military is more about controlling economic interests than anything.

    As for me... I was an ignorant d-bag. Still am by a lot of standards.
    That makes two of us then.
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

  12. #2772
    Mid-Card Champion
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    979
    Rep Power
    76344
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Having left the DMZ in December, I think I can clarify some points.

    If war breaks out, the entire Peninsula will be destroyed. North Korean indirect fire and biological weapons would devastate Seoul and Area 1. ( Think Nagasaki or Hiroshima) In turn, North Korea would be in just as bad shape. To be clear, it would take decades to even partially restore the Peninsula to even a modicum of where it is now. Both sides have had decades to dig in and prepare. This would be a long drawn out affair that would require massive amounts of ground troops and the human toll would be like what we saw in WWII.

    There is no way the North Korean regime would stay in power if war broke out. They know this. We know this. EVERYONE knows this. Both Koreas will do everything possible to prevent this reality from taking place. That being said, neither side can afford to back down at this point.


  13. #2773
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    To be fair, would I have to include you in my list? I mean, you did get me drunk and wear that blond wig, and told me that you were Vanna White from the year 1988 and had time traveled just to see me.



    That makes two of us then.
    Shhhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rhyno View Post
    Having left the DMZ in December, I think I can clarify some points.

    If war breaks out, the entire Peninsula will be destroyed. North Korean indirect fire and biological weapons would devastate Seoul and Area 1. ( Think Nagasaki or Hiroshima) In turn, North Korea would be in just as bad shape. To be clear, it would take decades to even partially restore the Peninsula to even a modicum of where it is now. Both sides have had decades to dig in and prepare. This would be a long drawn out affair that would require massive amounts of ground troops and the human toll would be like what we saw in WWII.

    There is no way the North Korean regime would stay in power if war broke out. They know this. We know this. EVERYONE knows this. Both Koreas will do everything possible to prevent this reality from taking place. That being said, neither side can afford to back down at this point.
    Very much true.

    I wasn't aware you were stationed at the DMZ, though.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  14. #2774

    Silk's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Hell on Earth
    Posts
    7,086
    Rep Power
    448489
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    More shocking news. Trump has nominated a judge for the Supreme Court who firmly believes sitting Presidents should be exempt from investigations and indictments.

    What a ~coincidence~

    Sent from the Panthermobile



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  15. #2775
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    More shocking news. Trump has nominated a judge for the Supreme Court who firmly believes sitting Presidents should be exempt from investigations and indictments.

    What a ~coincidence~

    Sent from the Panthermobile
    Whodathunkit

    I'm sure he's a good and honorable man.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  16. #2776
    #GrimLove
    Yuri's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Literature Club
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    310008
      Country                    Japan

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread



    Go figure...

    Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game


    Grim's Threads:



    Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

  17. #2777
    ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ
    The Loocha Bear's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern Germany
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    46869
      Country                    Saint Kitts Nevis Anguilla

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Michael Moore on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojgum7H7g8w

    I look forward to watchin' Fahrenheit 11/9. Gonna be interesting and probably very depressing and sad.

    ...just Rebecca...

  18. #2778
    Mid-Card Champion
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Posts
    979
    Rep Power
    76344
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Let's be honest, whoever Trump picked was going to be picked apart and hated by the left.


  19. #2779
    GOAT
    TB12's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    5,097
    Rep Power
    197727
      Country                    United States

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Very true, as would anyone picked by a democrat be picked apart and hated by the right.

    But certainly given the situation you can understand why there would be a bit of an outrage over this by any rational minded person.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

    I am the storm.


  20. #2780
    Big Papa's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,863
    Rep Power
    130755

    Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

    Given that a certain Mitchy refused to consider any nomination made by Obama, regardless of qualification and based purely on the fact that it was an Obama nominee, kinda makes it a bit tough to call out Democrats for having issues with this one.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •