Page 130 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 3642

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
    I think you also forgot the 14th amendment.

I wouldn't call legal status a protected class, otherwise we wouldn't be able to treat criminal in general differently than we do those that don't break the law, but I'll let Dak fight this one.
    A quick lookup says they have been afforded protections under the constitution.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    United States

And before this n00b 'Comeback Kid' tries to turn this into a racial thing (he already is ) illegal immigrant isn't a race. Someone of any race could be an illegal immigrant.

If people do the right thing and go through the right procedures to come to the U.S. I have no problem with them. They are chasing the American dream.

People who come here illegally and want to steal our resources? I have a major problem with.

God Mode

Status

Dak is literally the "THEY TERK OUR JAHBZ" guy from South Park just because Agent Orange got him all flustered that brown people are after his Merica.

Hilarious how much he's changed and how he parrots whatever Trump says now, when just a mere 10 years ago he was excitedly voting for Obama. Going on about how horrible George W. Bush was and how he regrets voting for him twice.

Then he did the same to Obama.

Some people are so gullible.

CAN'T FOOL ME, SNEAKY SNEAKY.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    A quick lookup says they have been afforded protections under the constitution.
    I wasn't disputing that. They have limited rights under some amendments. I was referring to illegal immigrants being compared to a racial subgroup.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

God Mode

Status

I wasn't disputing that. They have limited rights under some amendments. I was referring to illegal immigrants being compared to a racial subgroup.
    To be fair, this is a touchy one. Does illegal immigrant mean in any way a race or is in of itself a race? Of course not.

But, there are people who are going to not use it as a general term for all illegals, and strictly use it as a derogatory term for a group of people. You see dark skinned people being called such, with people not even knowing if they are from the USA or not. Similar to some people using the word "Thug" as a cheap way of using the N word without catching as much grief.

I am the storm.

#GrimLove

Status

That I'm not so sure. I imagine at some point it will be figured out in the Supreme Court within the next decade or so.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Status

If you're coming here from Norway or Iceland, I want you to do so legally.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

God Mode

Status

In my honest opinion, the best way to deal with the illegal immigrant situation is neither amnesty nor housing them. It is not the method that republicans want, nor the one that democrats want.

I think working together with Mexico to go after the cartels would have been a far better solution. Address the route of why they are fleeing border states into the USA. The USA's failed war on drugs did nothing but light a fire under this issue, causing it to be worse. And the sky high prices of good cocaine that is bought up in droves by the wealthy is a driving force for this. The poverty, corruption, and violence is the key issue causing the exodus.

For decades, the USA has bothered with issues that are not "Their own business" in the idea of trying to bring democracy and peace to middle eastern nations. We have spent a ridiculous amount of money on such, trillions upon trillions. And funding other countries in this effort.

Why is it that a nation that is our ally and right next to us does not receive such help? Why is it we cannot be constructive about the issue instead of just trying to wall them off like an enemy, and we have people in this country whom see them as such?

The mass illegal immigration is an issue. We all agree on that. But instead of a bandaid fix, why not address the route of the problem?

And Ghosty, considering Norway's education system, economy, ridiculously low crime, and the fact that many Scandinavian countries will even house you and teach you their language as you go to school, as an immigrant, for free in their country, while working on citizenship? I don't see a real issue of them coming here in droves to lose out on healthcare, have a drastically higher crime rate, statistically much lower quality of life and happiness rate, lower education standards, and less chance of careers.

I am the storm.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    In my honest opinion, the best way to deal with the illegal immigrant situation is neither amnesty nor housing them. It is not the method that republicans want, nor the one that democrats want.

I think working together with Mexico to go after the cartels would have been a far better solution. Address the route of why they are fleeing border states into the USA. The USA's failed war on drugs did nothing but light a fire under this issue, causing it to be worse. And the sky high prices of good cocaine that is bought up in droves by the wealthy is a driving force for this. The poverty, corruption, and violence is the key issue causing the exodus.

For decades, the USA has bothered with issues that are not "Their own business" in the idea of trying to bring democracy and peace to middle eastern nations. We have spent a ridiculous amount of money on such, trillions upon trillions. And funding other countries in this effort.

Why is it that a nation that is our ally and right next to us does not receive such help? Why is it we cannot be constructive about the issue instead of just trying to wall them off like an enemy, and we have people in this country whom see them as such?

The mass illegal immigration is an issue. We all agree on that. But instead of a bandaid fix, why not address the route of the problem?

And Ghosty, considering Norway's education system, economy, ridiculously low crime, and the fact that many Scandinavian countries will even house you and teach you their language as you go to school, as an immigrant, for free in their country, while working on citizenship? I don't see a real issue of them coming here in droves to lose out on healthcare, have a drastically higher crime rate, statistically much lower quality of life and happiness rate, lower education standards, and less chance of careers.
    My point is they're mostly white and I don't care about the color of someone's skin if they're here illegally. Illegal immigration isn't a racial issue.

As for Mexico, I'm admittedly a hawk and interventionist. I have ZERO problem spending a few dollars to save them in the long run by fucking up Mexico's crime lords and drug operations.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

#GrimLove

Status

Kill the drugs!

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

So let me get this straight......you are proposing to Make Mexico Great Again?

God Mode

Status

My point is they're mostly white and I don't care about the color of someone's skin if they're here illegally. Illegal immigration isn't a racial issue.

As for Mexico, I'm admittedly a hawk and interventionist. I have ZERO problem spending a few dollars to save them in the long run by fucking up Mexico's crime lords and drug operations.
    I'm not usually, but this is something I've thought would be, while a bit expensive up front, a long term solution instead of bandaid fixes. I see this as something that would be a much better long term solution for the USA and Mexico. In all aspects.

Yeah, I know the point. I was just being catty. :P

And Dak, sure. If that's the way you want to look at it.

I am the storm.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Fixing Mexico's drug problem is a nearly impossible task that would cost billions of U.S. dollars and wouldn't guarantee results. Even if we did see results they would be very far down the road and wouldn't solve the crisis we face now.

If we build an impenetrable wall, our problem is solved.

The solution is clear.

For good measure I would activate many more National Guard Troops to the border indefinitely to let would be violators know we are serious.

The lackadaisical approach we have taken thus far doesn't do that.

God Mode

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Building a wall nearly impossible task that would cost billions of U.S. dollars and wouldn't guarantee results. Even if we did see results they would be very long term and wouldn't solve the crisis we face now.

Science also dictates it would put over 7,000 species at risk.
    Fixed.

I am the storm.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Fixed.
    Nah bruh

God Mode

Status

The logistics of such a wall are much more unrealistic than taking out cartels, I can assure you. Just look at the variance in geographic and climates. It'd go through rivers and mountains.

Even architectural experts have said it's near impossible.

Yet alone under the ramifications requested.

I am the storm.

Status

Fixing Mexico's drug problem is a nearly impossible task that would cost billions of U.S. dollars and wouldn't guarantee results. Even if we did see results they would be very far down the road and wouldn't solve the crisis we face now.

The solution is clear.

For good measure I would activate many more National Guard Troops to the border indefinitely to let would be violators know we are serious.

That's granted we solve the animal migration issue, because I do care about that. Should we be able to, I'm for both.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    - - - - - - -

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

The animal migration "issue" is nothing more than melodramatic bullshit.

God Mode

Status

That's granted we solve the animal migration issue, because I do care about that. Should we be able to, I'm for both.
    Science is fake news, though.

Oh, look. Dr. Cleetus beat me to it. xD

I am the storm.

#GrimLove

Status

The solution is clear.

Okay, but what about people who fly in or take boats to get into America. Seriously, they'd just build a big fucking boat and come in at the dead of night.

The problem will not be solved, and congrats, we'll be wasting upwards of billions of dollars on... well... a waste of time and manpower. Not to mention there are people who LIVE on the border and will sue the government's ass if they appropriate their property to build this eyesore.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Thread Information