I just saw an article saying that Trump is candidate for Nobel Peace Prize
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    I just saw an article saying that Trump is candidate for Nobel Peace Prize
    To be fair it's no more ridiculous than Obama being nominated and winning it in 2009.

Status
      Country                    United States

God bless sports entertainment.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Well shit

On Vacation

Status

Neither Donald Trump nor Obama should have ever been in the talks for winning it, to be fair.

Both of them have still been bombing 7 countries on a regular basis and had a country at a state of war the entirety (So far for Trump) of their presidency.

There are far better choices for it.

As far as the DPRK business? It is what it is. It is a good thing...so far. But we have to remember, people sign papers. People make agreements. People negotiate. And it doesn't always work out. Will it for a while? Probably. Do I trust DPRK to hold up any end of their side? Not really. Do I entirely trust USA either to hold up much? Not really.

I think it was far too much premature celebrating that they met, and spoke, and signed things.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it. I am not knocking the meeting or either one of the men involved for this event and what it held. I'm more so saying I'm highly skeptical, with good reason, of a long term result being as decided.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Neither Donald Trump nor Obama should have ever been in the talks for winning it, to be fair.

Both of them have still been bombing 7 countries on a regular basis and had a country at a state of war the entirety (So far for Trump) of their presidency.

There are far better choices for it.

As far as the DPRK business? It is what it is. It is a good thing...so far. But we have to remember, people sign papers. People make agreements. People negotiate. And it doesn't always work out. Will it for a while? Probably. Do I trust DPRK to hold up any end of their side? Not really. Do I entirely trust USA either to hold up much? Not really.

I think it was far too much premature celebrating that they met, and spoke, and signed things.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not knocking it. I am not knocking the meeting or either one of the men involved for this event and what it held. I'm more so saying I'm highly skeptical, with good reason, of a long term result being as decided.
    You know who should of won it the year obama did...that activist Pakistani girl Malala Yousafzai who got shot in the face by terrorists and still fights to this day for womens rights for education.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

On Vacation

Status

A much more appropriate candidate. There were also numerous philanthropists who were more deserving.

While Obama was not quite as bad with war as W, he was still pretty bad. Between drone strikes, not handling Syria properly, and continued bombing of the same countries W. Bush had, he was far from deserving the award.

Considering the issue with Syria, Yemen, and numerous others among with the countries still being routinely bombed, the USA still being in a constant state of war with numerous countries? Trump does not deserve one either.

Both men doing things in the name of peace, and doing some good things does not ignore glaring issues that would completely make it objectionable to award a "Peace Prize".

Booty For HOF

Status

FB_IMG_1528997157181.jpg

Yes! This truly is a great day! Make America Great Again!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

Status

What do y'all think about the proposal to split California up into three states? It's apparently going to be on the California ballot in November.

I don't live in California, I actually live all the way on the other side of the country, so it's kind of hard to give a real opinion about it. But I don't really like the idea seems like too much and I don't like the way the proposed regions are divided.

MAYBE just two sections, like a north California and a south California. But even then I think I'd rather it just stay California.

They are saying though that'd it would be a huge boost for the Democratic party as far as the electoral map goes, as the proposal makes two blue states and then the third would be a swing state.

With that said I can't imagine Congree letting the proposal pass if it makes it passed the ballot vote. Then again it'll be an entirely different Congress post November so who knows.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status
      Country                    Japan

Well ho-ley shite. The Attorney General of New York is suing Trump following a two year investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/n...y-general.html

"Why won't the rainclouds go away? They're not going away at all..."

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

Booty For HOF

Status

I would be ok with it. The northern part of the state favors Libertarian style government. Could help establish a third party system. Wishful thinking, i know.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Well ho-ley shite. The Attorney General of New York is suing Trump following a two year investigation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/n...y-general.html

No shock.

Trump gets sued like a dozen times a year, and has for decades.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status

And now it's revealed that Comey was using a personal email account to conduct FBI business. Hillary had one of the funniest tweets I've ever seen in response.

Grim's Threads:

"she must have changed her mind or something... That's why her fingertips were all bloody, anyway."

Spoiler:

"It is absolutely necessary, for the peace and safety of mankind, that some of earth's dark, dead corners and unplumbed depths be let alone; lest sleeping abnormalities wake to resurgent life, and blasphemously surviving nightmares squirm and splash out of their black lairs to newer and wider conquests."

- H.P. Lovecraft

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    And now it's revealed that Comey was using a personal email account to conduct FBI business. Hillary had one of the funniest tweets I've ever seen in response.
    The funniest thing is, you see stuff like that. Or when a dem/lib whatever says something like that in general. Or upsets someone with saying something.

Trump supporters go fucking ballistic and the apologists are out in droves.

But meanwhile, these are the same people who love Trump for "Having balls" and "Being tough", and praise his attitude and tell snowflakes "Suck it up" for him saying "mean things", and to "Go to your safe place."

Honestly, for a group of people who wanted to elect a meme president and consider some pudgy old dude with a fake tan and bad comb over a badass, while calling everyone snowflake pussies, they sure get offended and riled up easy.

Booty For HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    The funniest thing is, you see stuff like that. Or when a dem/lib whatever says something like that in general. Or upsets someone with saying something.

Trump supporters go fucking ballistic and the apologists are out in droves.

But meanwhile, these are the same people who love Trump for "Having balls" and "Being tough", and praise his attitude and tell snowflakes "Suck it up" for him saying "mean things", and to "Go to your safe place."

Honestly, for a group of people who wanted to elect a meme president and consider some pudgy old dude with a fake tan and bad comb over a badass, while calling everyone snowflake pussies, they sure get offended and riled up easy.
    Not really a Trump Supporter or Apologist or whatever. However, it's hilarious to bring up that the non leftist get offended when its the non leftists getting infracted for voicing opinions... And a minor insult here and there. When there is a lot more thrown at the Non Leftist. Then again Crocker does have a history of in"fract"ing people "he" doesn't agree with.

Sweet Meat

Status

crockers cool by me

if this california bullshit happens maybe samoa and PR will finally be made states

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    crockers cool by me

if this california bullshit happens maybe samoa and PR will finally be made states
    Puerto Rico really deserves it. They have more citizens than like a third of our states. Make it happen.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

H̸E̴L̷P̴ ̵M̵E̵!̸

Status

You might as well make the Virgin Islands, PR, Samoa, and the states if California splits into three. At least then it'd be 55 states.

Grim's Threads:

Spoiler:

- H.P. Lovecraft

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Instead of California splitting into three states I'd rather they just make their own country.

“Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”

― William F. Buckley Jr.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Instead of California splitting into three states I'd rather they just make their own country.
    Just out of curiosity, why is that? Was curious on your take of pros/cons.

Personally, I am not really that concerned with the issue one way or another.

Thread Information