Page 108 of 162 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3237

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Get Bitches.

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The Civil NA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    "We too often talk about trade while using the vocabulary of war. In war, for one side to win, the other must lose but commerce is not warfare. Trade is an economic alliance that benefits both countries; there are no losers only winners and trade helps strengthen the free world.

Yet today protectionism is being used by some politicians as a cheap form of nationalism, a fig leaf for those unwilling to maintain America's military strength and who lack the resolve to stand up to real enemies, countries who would use violence against us or our allies.

Our peaceful trading partners are not our enemies, they are our allies, we should beware of the demagogues who are ready to declare a trade war against our friends, weakening our economy, our national security, and the entire free world, all while cynically waving the American flag.

The expansion of the international economy is not a foreign invasion, it is an American triumph."

Ronald Reagan in 1988.

American isolationism helps absolutely nobody, not least America.
    Reagan... Bush... McCain... Romney... all RINOs.

Trump is the only true Republican.

At least according to Republicans in 2018.

America's ongoing nationlism movement is no different than McCarthyism in the 50's.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Trump thinks Canadians burned down the White House in the War of 1812.

You cannot make this fucking shit up.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status
      Country                    United States

I'd have to look into how he said it because a lot of times Trump jokes and people twist it like he was serious. If I had to hazard a guess he was being facetious since the York, Ontario colony was British at the time, but is part of Canada today.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    I'd have to look into how he said it because a lot of times Trump jokes and people twist it like he was serious. If I had to hazard a guess he was being facetious since the York, Ontario colony was British at the time, but is part of Canada today.
    It was a private phone call with PM Trudeau discussing the tariffs.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Jesus Christ Grim. No wonder you flunked out of Junior College....

Washington was burned in retaliation for an American attach on Port Dover in Canada. Depending on who you ask, the British take the credit and Canada takes the credit. Canada was a territory of the United Kingdom back then, and there were battles between those out of Canada and The US. Hell, even some of your far left buddies who are reporters have wrote articles bragging about how they (Canada) burned down the White House. Do a little research and stop looking like a baffoon Every time you post.

It will be interesting to see if Indy sides with the Left on this one today or side with what they were saying 5, 10, and even 15 years ago. I'm guessing since Trump said it he will deny it.
    Whether it was called Canada or not....Its our direct ancestors.

And yeah we burned that shit down!!! But technically it wasn't but hey the US tried and we took it to them. No one won that battle.

As far as Trump bringing up and whether hes wrong or not.

Its irrelevant. Why the fuck would you bring that up ? lol

The best part is .....he fully expected that Canada was going to roll over when he imposed the tariffs. So we retaliated.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The best part is .....he fully expected that Canada was going to roll over when he imposed the tariffs. So we retaliated.
    Yeah we'll see who wins this battle.

Who needs who more?

Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Yeah we'll see who wins this battle.

Who needs who more?
    We already went through this. You guys do need us and we need you. Why do you think Trump isn't axing NAFTA. Hes can try out his little tariff game and threats. He knows there is thousands and thousands of jobs that depend on trade with us. In the end axing NAFTA will blow up in his face.

You assume that everything will be made and bought in the USA... like i said..it won't. Id like to think the same way as you about Canada making everything in house. But it can't be done at this time.

I also read that the US soft lumber can't meet the demands of your own country. So yeah you needs us. So not only is it more expensive and can't compete with Canada..you don't have enough to meet the demand.

Want to hear something weird? ..we put tariffs on Maple Syrup coming from Maine to Canada. We can make our own Maple Syrups yet we buy from Maine. Trade is weird.

and in the long run ...we have the most fresh water reservoir in the world. Everyone will be at our feet in due time.
    Last edited by indyfan; 06-06-2018 at 09:54 PM.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

We already went through this. You guys do need us and we need you. Why do you think Trump isn't axing NAFTA. Hes can try out his little tariff game and threats. He knows there is thousands and thousands of jobs that depend on trade with us. In the end axing NAFTA will blow up in his face.

You assume that everything will be made and bought in the USA... like i said..it won't. Id like to think the same way as you about Canada making everything in house. But it can't be done at this time.

I also read that the US soft lumber can't meet the demands of your own country. So yeah you needs us. So not only is it more expensive and can't compete with Canada..you don't have enough to meet the demand.

and in the long run ...we have the most fresh water reservoir in the world. Everyone will be at our feet in due time.
    Yeah we went over this before and you didn't prove shit.

I think it is so lol worthy that you actually believe we don't have enough water in the U.S. for us.......fucking

President Trump is a business man.

What is going on right now is that other countries (including Canada) have a very unfair trade agreement with us. They benefit from it way more than we do.

What is going to happen here is that after Canada (and other countries) start suffering from the inevitable negative results of these tariffs they are going to be begging to make a deal that is more fair to the U.S.

Watch and see.

The days of the U.S. getting unfairly treated in trade deals are over.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

People's Champion

Status

Yeah we went over this before and you didn't prove shit.

I think it is so lol worthy that you actually believe we don't have enough water in the U.S. for us.......fucking

President Trump is a business man.

What is going on right now is that other countries (including Canada) have a very unfair trade agreement with us. They benefit from it way more than we do.

What is going to happen here is that after Canada (and other countries) start suffering from the inevitable negative results of these tariffs they are going to be begging to make a deal that is more fair to the U.S.

Watch and see.

The days of the U.S. getting unfairly treated in trade deals are over.

Its funny because you didn't prove anything either. You never do. You have actually never backed up anything. Even if i gave you a source, you wouldn;'t read it. But lets hope you do one day

Trump says that the US is being unfairly treated by trading with Canada because he claims the US has a trade deficit. Yet we say the same thing. So whos right?

As far as water goes...think long term.
    Last edited by indyfan; 06-06-2018 at 10:21 PM.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Its funny because you didn't prove anything either. You never do. You have actually never backed up anything. Even if i gave you a source, you wouldn;'t read it. But lets hope you do one day

Trump says that the US is being unfairly treated by trading with Canada because he claims the US has a trade deficit. Yet we say the same thing. So whos right?

As far as water goes...think long term.
    Our water isn't going anywhere bruh.

If you look at which country has the most drinking water resources the U.S. places ahead of Canada. The one I saw said U.S. #3 and Canada #4.

I am just shocked that you think we have a water shortage or something. The South Western U.S. has had some trouble but no where else have I heard of any water shortages.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

GOAT

Status

Man, Dak. Trump really has you bought and sold, hook line and sinker with his smooth jive business talk.

You just gobble up and regurgitate almost word for word what he says.

The reality of it is, that both countries do rely on eachother and benefit from eachother.

Countries can exist, in some shape or form, as solitary. But it is not practical nor does the outcome bode well.

Trump is a businessman who was born with a silver spoon, and because of the wealth he inherited and capitalizing on shady situations, he has had quite a bit of success. Not comparative to any of the worlds most successful businessmen, like Gates or Buffet, but still. The guy does have a net worth that's only a bit less than Gates has donated to AIDS research. And without any bankruptcies, shady deals, companies handed to him, or money from dad.

But hey, it's very clear you are just completely being fed something and keep coming back for more, to spout it off on here.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Man, Dak. Trump really has you bought and sold, hook line and sinker with his smooth jive business talk.

You just gobble up and regurgitate almost word for word what he says.

The reality of it is, that both countries do rely on eachother and benefit from eachother.

Countries can exist, in some shape or form, as solitary. But it is not practical nor does the outcome bode well.

Trump is a businessman who was born with a silver spoon, and because of the wealth he inherited and capitalizing on shady situations, he has had quite a bit of success. Not comparative to any of the worlds most successful businessmen, like Gates or Buffet, but still. The guy does have a net worth that's only a bit less than Gates has donated to AIDS research. And without any bankruptcies, shady deals, companies handed to him, or money from dad.

But hey, it's very clear you are just completely being fed something and keep coming back for more, to spout it off on here.
    I do think he is going to get us a more fair trade deal.

Name another President who even tried in the last 50 years.

*crickets*

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

GOAT

Status

I do think he is going to get us a more fair trade deal.

Name another President who even tried in the last 50 years.

*crickets*
    I think you're ignoring the vast majority of what I said.

Most of what he has done and is trying is simply for the benefit of him and the 1%.

Also, the repercussions of perusing so many tariffs on so many different countries at once is an incredibly risky move, that is much more likely to have more negative result than good. However, if you have this bold notion the USA needs no other country in the world (Except Israel), and can impose any tariffs they want on any country, with zero repercussions that will negatively impact the USA economy and well being, is just brash and unfounded.

Trying for restructuring deals is all well and good, but not something that should be done so aggressively with a multitude of countries at once. It is not easy to manage fires you have started over a large area, and to keep them burning as hot as it is to focus on one at a time.

As far as trade deals established and brokered in the last 50 years? Anytime I give you sources and information, you either ignore it or will not click on anything. Or you spout off the "Fake News Media! Sad!" copy pastes from Trump, followed by memes and smilies or "No u".

I am the storm.

People's Champion

Status

Our water isn't going anywhere bruh.

If you look at which country has the most drinking water resources the U.S. places ahead of Canada. The one I saw said U.S. #3 and Canada #4.

I am just shocked that you think we have a water shortage or something. The South Western U.S. has had some trouble but no where else have I heard of any water shortages.
    You are completely wrong. Canada is the top country with fresh water. Im not saying you re running out tomorrow. Im saying lets see in 30 years. You guys are also one of the top polluters amongst first world countries in the world.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I think you're ignoring the vast majority of what I said.

Most of what he has done and is trying is simply for the benefit of him and the 1%.

Also, the repercussions of perusing so many tariffs on so many different countries at once is an incredibly risky move, that is much more likely to have more negative result than good. However, if you have this bold notion the USA needs no other country in the world (Except Israel), and can impose any tariffs they want on any country, with zero repercussions that will negatively impact the USA economy and well being, is just brash and unfounded.

Trying for restructuring deals is all well and good, but not something that should be done so aggressively with a multitude of countries at once. It is not easy to manage fires you have started over a large area, and to keep them burning as hot as it is to focus on one at a time.

As far as trade deals established and brokered in the last 50 years? Anytime I give you sources and information, you either ignore it or will not click on anything. Or you spout off the "Fake News Media! Sad!" copy pastes from Trump, followed by memes and smilies or "No u".
    Better trade deals benefit the whole country. Get outta here with that 1% bullshit.

As for past trade deals, we are at a notable disadvantage right now. I don't need to see past trade deals. You don't need to see past trade deals. The fact that we are at a disadvantage says enough.

We are being cheated and nobody has had enough balls to stand up and say "FUCK THIS WE AREN'T DOING IT ANYMORE"

.....until now

Fuck 'em. I bet they will suffer worse than us. In fact, I know they will.

We have one of the strongest economies in the world. It is time we started acting like it and stop taking it up the ass in these trade negotiations.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

You are completely wrong. Canada is the top country with fresh water. Im not saying you re running out tomorrow. Im saying lets see in 30 years. You guys are also one of the top polluters amongst first world countries in the world.
    Not according to any source I can find.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ces_per_capita

30 years from now, 50 years from now, 100 years from now, we'll be fine with water.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

GOAT

Status

Ah, I see. Instead of actually looking into anything, or having a real discussion or argument..You are just spouting off word for word what Trump says. And without doing any research into it, you presume it to be true.

But hey, you thought twice in a row that W Bush would work well, and bought into everything he said. It didn't work how you wanted, and you then switched and voted twice for Obama. Then, same thing. Now Trump.

You just buy right into anything, and are the perfect sales quota for a shark like Trump. :P

Anyway, this is boring. You aren't actually debating, and you never research anything. You flat out refuse to click on anything, or look at any sources.

I am the storm.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Ah, I see. Instead of actually looking into anything, or having a real discussion or argument..You are just spouting off word for word what Trump says. And without doing any research into it, you presume it to be true.

But hey, you thought twice in a row that W Bush would work well, and bought into everything he said. It didn't work how you wanted, and you then switched and voted twice for Obama. Then, same thing. Now Trump.

You just buy right into anything, and are the perfect sales quota for a shark like Trump. :P

Anyway, this is boring. You aren't actually debating, and you never research anything. You flat out refuse to click on anything, or look at any sources.
    You bring that up again for the millionth time.

My voting record has nothing to do with this and quite frankly is none of your goddamn business. It has just as much to do with this as you drinking far too much alcohol. That is none of my business either. Now let's be nice and not bring up shit that has nothing do with the discussion at hand. You are fucking obsessed with it. Any time we debate you bring it up. You have brought it up in the SB. Chill.

As for us getting the worst end of the trade deal? I am not taking President Trump's word on that. That is a known fact.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

GOAT

Status

I'd say it has a lot more to do with a political discussion than how much one enjoys beer.

And it is what it is....A record. A record that show's someone flip flops and buys into idealism.

I am the storm.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I'd say it has a lot more to do with a political discussion than how much one enjoys beer.

And it is what it is....A record. A record that show's someone flip flops and buys into idealism.
    A voting record has nothing to do with this. It has nothing to do with a discussion in the SB. You are harassing me. If you don't stop, I will start saying some pretty harsh shit to you. Not in this thread of course because it is "civil".

Actually I would say someone blindly voting a straight ticket would show how they are close minded and unwilling to compromise.

Records are records though like you said.

The banner of the right.
    It waves forever.

Thread Information