Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 1,981 to 1,999 of 1999

Thread: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    Any particular reason you're choosing not to believe the 16 people who came forward about this or is it just your innate fondness for a person you don't know at all?
    Not sure what to think to be honest. I'm not even really a fan of his either. It just seems so out of left field.
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die..."

- Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Meh

Status

I think people need to stop automatically assuming the accusers are being truthful or assuming the accused is innocent.

Because almost no one just sits back and waits to see how things unfold. It's one crowd automatically saying 'Yep, they did it. He's a monster.' to the other crowd always saying 'No way, never happened. They are lying.'

Also, I like this idea..Though I don't know how effective it will be or how you would be able to even know who was following it. However, I think the threat of a fine would be enough to encourage such to a decent amount.

http://mynorthwest.com/998797/durkan...ntrol-storage/

Thoughts, everyone? Particularly Dak, whom I think may even be open to this idea.
    Last edited by v4yne; Today at 02:52 AM.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    I think people need to stop automatically assuming the accusers are being truthful or assuming the accused is innocent.

Because almost no one just sits back and waits to see how things unfold. It's one crowd automatically saying 'Yep, they did it. He's a monster.' to the other crowd always saying 'No way, never happened. They are lying.'

Also, I like this idea..Though I don't know how effective it will be or how you would be able to even know who was following it. However, I think the threat of a fine would be enough to encourage such to a decent amount.

http://mynorthwest.com/998797/durkan...ntrol-storage/

Thoughts, everyone? Particularly Dak, whom I think may even be open to this idea.
    It's one thing to assume one party's innocence or another. It's another thing entirely to look to discredit people once their voices have been heard.

What exactly is "left field" about this? Is there a time in particular these things are supposed to be announced? Did CNN break protocol instead of waiting for National Sexual Harasser day?
    20 Years of Hype | The Best Superhero Movie Tournament

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

It's called not thinking or expecting it would happen. I'm sure you've thought the same thing for certain events. It's not so horrible either. Stop overanalyzing things.

I for one am gonna wait and see where this goes.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    It's called not thinking or expecting it would happen. I'm sure you've thought the same thing for certain events. It's not so horrible either. Stop overanalyzing things.

I for one am gonna wait and see where this goes.
    I know what the expression means but using it as a way to be skeptical of the event rings hollow with me. It reeks of immediately trying to discredit the SIXTEEN people who came forward about someone.

WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

I never said they are lying. Perhaps I phrased it wrong, but I was simply stating I didn't see it coming. Take it however you please, though. That's your prerogative.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Meh

Status

It's one thing to assume one party's innocence or another. It's another thing entirely to look to discredit people once their voices have been heard.
    I don't believe I was doing anything of the sort.

Though I will add, anytime this topic comes up you are like a rabid dog and seem to be be inclined to believing the accuser over the accused by default.

Thus, fitting into the above described category of my post "I think people need to stop automatically assuming the accusers are being truthful or assuming the accused is innocent.

Because almost no one just sits back and waits to see how things unfold. It's one crowd automatically saying 'Yep, they did it. He's a monster.' to the other crowd always saying 'No way, never happened. They are lying.'".

As fore Ireland, that's interesting. I never knew that about the country that it was essentially flat out illegal. But given how religious Ireland is, I'm not entirely shocked, either.

People's Champion

Status

Trump wants to inpose 25% tarriffs on inported cars

Lol. Those cars price will just soar. BMW has one of the biggest factories in the US. It employs thousands. They already told him to sit back down when he first started his Presidency.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

Christ this last day has been a bundle of news, hasn't it.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

Not to mention there was a bomb explosion at a restaurant in Ontario, thankfully no one died.

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Meh

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Trump wants to inpose 25% tarriffs on inported cars

Lol. Those cars price will just soar. BMW has one of the biggest factories in the US. It employs thousands. They already told him to sit back down when he first started his Presidency.
    For a businessman who his fanbase consider the greatest of all time, he really isn't very business savvy on how these things work.

Speaking of which, to see people actually claim he's anything of the sort is just laughable. Yeah, he's right up there with Gates, Bezos, Rockefeller, and crew.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Not to mention there was a bomb explosion at a restaurant in Ontario, thankfully no one died.
    Just read about it. They already released descriptions of the suspects. Seems like mentally unstable white young adults.

For a businessman who his fanbase consider the greatest of all time, he really isn't very business savvy on how these things work.

Speaking of which, to see people actually claim he's anything of the sort is just laughable. Yeah, he's right up there with Gates, Bezos, Rockefeller, and crew.
    Lol. You forgot the rights favourite conspirator business man

George Soros!!!

Meh

Status

Realistically and accurately speaking putting him on the top 25 would be a huge stretch. But that's not even really relevant, as it's his ineptitude and strive to despotism that is more concerning and relevant.

Relative to the topic of Morgan Freeman and sexual harassment...

Looks like it's the end of the line for Weinstein.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/25/enter...der/index.html
    Last edited by v4yne; Today at 09:01 AM.

People's Champion

Status

It's really and truly happening every day now.

At least we won't have to hear this for three months now.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/sho...-say/756402629

Status

I don't believe I was doing anything of the sort.

Though I will add, anytime this topic comes up you are like a rabid dog and seem to be be inclined to believing the accuser over the accused by default.

Thus, fitting into the above described category of my post "I think people need to stop automatically assuming the accusers are being truthful or assuming the accused is innocent.

Because almost no one just sits back and waits to see how things unfold. It's one crowd automatically saying 'Yep, they did it. He's a monster.' to the other crowd always saying 'No way, never happened. They are lying.'".

Didn't say you were doing that either, just making the point.

Yeah I believe the women a lot of the time in these cases. Sexual harassment towards us is common in a way you will literally never know and when several people corroborate on something like this it's hard not to believe them and certainly not unreasonable to support them. I'm not hanging Morgan Freeman yet, but I'm gonna tell you right now these sexual harassment witch hunts you guys are talking about don't exist. False accusations come from one or a couple of people at best. The Enzo story was one person, one person with a history of lying for attention at that. A much murkier grey area.

Women deserve to be able to speak out and have their stories told and more every day they are growing empowered to do so. This isn't out of left field, we are in an era of self empowerment and not letting men get away with this shit anymore. If Freeman did all of this shit then I imagine decades of being an asshole is rightly catching up to him. I won't apologize for supporting and believing them when they're brave enough to speak up.

Sent from the Panthermobile

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Didn't say you were doing that either, just making the point.

Yeah I believe the women a lot of the time in these cases. Sexual harassment towards us is common in a way you will literally never know and when several people corroborate on something like this it's hard not to believe them and certainly not unreasonable to support them. I'm not hanging Morgan Freeman yet, but I'm gonna tell you right now these sexual harassment witch hunts you guys are talking about don't exist. False accusations come from one or a couple of people at best. The Enzo story was one person, one person with a history of lying for attention at that. A much murkier grey area.

Women deserve to be able to speak out and have their stories told and more every day they are growing empowered to do so. This isn't out of left field, we are in an era of self empowerment and not letting men get away with this shit anymore. If Freeman did all of this shit then I imagine decades of being an asshole is rightly catching up to him. I won't apologize for supporting and believing them when they're brave enough to speak up.

Sent from the Panthermobile
    Agree with all this.

Straight males dont understand what makes a woman uncomfortable. From the ways we look at them, make even little remarks. They dont understand until it happens to them from a drunk homosexual man.

More than 50% of women have experienced one form of sexual harrassment in their lives. And im willing to bet this is way higher. If we are going by todays society describes harrasment.

Society has programmed men to act a certain way towards women. There has been an unraveling of sorts over the past few decades though.
    Last edited by indyfan; Today at 11:41 AM.

Show Off

Status

We are in an unprecedented time where people are more willing to speak out, and I'm glad. Yeah it may be abused by some (even then plenty of celebrities have gone on to have long successful careers after allegations), but the positives of the MeToo movement far outweigh the negatives.

False accusations are not necessarily "false" either. Consent is such a blurry area that one person's consent might not be the same as another's. Particularly complicated in cases involving drugs and alcohol.

Really nobody involved in these cases, accused or accuser should be named to avoid jury by media. But alas there's not a lot that can be done there.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

People's Champion

Status

I was reading into this NFL and kneeling rules they are implementing and how the patriotic viewers perceive it. You know if kneeling during a national anthem angers you because you choose to watch sporting events to escape politics than maybe you should be angry that the national anthem ceremony is part of sporting events to begin with.

Meh

Status

In other news, in the good ol US of A, apparently even middle school kids are trying their hand at school shootings.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/active-sho...opstories.html

School shootings, more American than Apple Pie.

Thread Information