Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Civil NA Politics Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The Fresh and Civil Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    wait... so criminals get a loophole?

What are the actual work requirements? Must you be in full time employment? What about people who have a certain situation that prevents them being employed such as functioning as a carer for a loved one? What about people who aren't of working age? I dunno how any of this shit works.
    I'll answer your question about the people not of working age. I'm only talking from my resident state (not the other 49... Fuck em don't care what they do). In Georgia, there is Peach Care which is for Children whose parents don't have insurance or if their insurance is unable to cover the bill. Medical expenses are ridiculous. I took my son to the Emergency Room 6 months ago, and all they did was check his vitals and made us sit in a room for an hour and a half. Then I got a bill for $1500. That's because my insurance wouldn't cover it due to my deductable. Thank you Obama for your Unaffordable Care Act! Good thing I'm a responsible adult and had the money saved back. Could have used it when all th re of my vehicles shit the bed and didn't have a way of going. Another $600 out of pocket for a rental. Good times.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    I'll answer your question about the people not of working age. I'm only talking from my resident state (not the other 49... Fuck em don't care what they do). In Georgia, there is Peach Care which is for Children whose parents don't have insurance or if their insurance is unable to cover the bill. Medical expenses are ridiculous. I took my son to the Emergency Room 6 months ago, and all they did was check his vitals and made us sit in a room for an hour and a half. Then I got a bill for $1500. That's because my insurance wouldn't cover it due to my deductable. Thank you Obama for your Unaffordable Care Act! Good thing I'm a responsible adult and had the money saved back. Could have used it when all th re of my vehicles shit the bed and didn't have a way of going. Another $600 out of pocket for a rental. Good times.
    That sucks. I bring my kids to their pediatrician, I wait 30 minutes unless it's through emergency and can take about 2 hours. i pay nothing since its covered by our provinces health coverage. It has nothing to do with my private insurance. As soon as i pass my kids health card, its covered by the government through our taxes. My private insurance is used only to covers meds , glasses, ambulances, dental, nicer room at the hospital, psychologist and therapy.

I wonder if because our doctor visits are basically free out of pocket ( though they are covered through taxes) is why our life expectancy is longer than people in the US. This may also explain longer wait times at emergency rooms since we don't worry about costs or deductibles so we just go to be on the safe side.
    Last edited by indyfan; 01-13-2018 at 11:05 PM.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    That sucks. I bring my kids to their pediatrician, I wait 30 minutes unless it's through emergency and can take about 2 hours. i pay nothing since its covered by our provinces health coverage. It has nothing to do with my private insurance. As soon as i pass my kids health card, its covered by the government through our taxes. My private insurance is used only to covers meds , glasses, ambulances, dental, nicer room at the hospital, psychologist and therapy.

I wonder if because our doctor visits are basically free out of pocket ( though they are covered through taxes) is why our life expectancy is longer than people in the US. This may also explain longer with time scat emergency rooms since we don't worry about costs or deductibles so we just go to be on the safe side.
    Problem with our taxes is the majority don't go to help people like they should. I'm all for the healthcare being more affordable. However, this Act has done way more harm than good. We had programs in place that helped just as much if not more than the ACA. Now keep in mind, I'm talking about my State, not all 50. I firmly believe this was set in place as a guise to increase taxes for something else. Our taxes seem like they're used for others to make money off the ones who voted them into office. Not only that, the interest we owe the Federal Reserve keeps increasing, so they have to find the money somewhere. The thing about the ACA is that it was planned way before Obama ever became President, so it was being set in motion to screw folks over beforehand.

Every tax we pay is designed to cover different areas of public services. Examples, Property taxes cover Schools, Police, and Fire Departments. Gasoline Tax covers road work/maintenance. Sales taxes cover a wide variety of necessary expenses such as Sports Stadiums for Billionaire tycoons.

The life expectancy thing can be boiled down to us living a more sedentary lifestyle, along with piss poor diets. We are the fattest Country on Gaia.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Problem with our taxes is the majority don't go to help people like they should. I'm all for the healthcare being more affordable. However, this Act has done way more harm than good. We had programs in place that helped just as much if not more than the ACA. Now keep in mind, I'm talking about my State, not all 50. I firmly believe this was set in place as a guise to increase taxes for something else. Our taxes seem like they're used for others to make money off the ones who voted them into office. Not only that, the interest we owe the Federal Reserve keeps increasing, so they have to find the money somewhere. The thing about the ACA is that it was planned way before Obama ever became President, so it was being set in motion to screw folks over beforehand.

Every tax we pay is designed to cover different areas of public services. Examples, Property taxes cover Schools, Police, and Fire Departments. Gasoline Tax covers road work/maintenance. Sales taxes cover a wide variety of necessary expenses such as Sports Stadiums for Billionaire tycoons.

The life expectancy thing can be boiled down to us living a more sedentary lifestyle, along with piss poor diets. We are the fattest Country on Gaia.

You know its crazy this never really comes up in these political forums we all partake in.

The thing about the ACA is you'd have to be crazy to think it was going to work perfectly the first few years. Everything gets adjusted and tweaked.

Canada has plenty of sedentary people and bad food choices.

I hope your kid is feeling better!
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Brick Shithouse

Status

Back across the pond, we've had an entertaining weekend with the girlfriend of the UKIP party leader sending these messages about the royal wedding.

UKIP (definitely not racist but number 1 with racists) are a fringe party that were a big part of us leaving the EU.

The UKIP leader has since ditched her, throwing her under a big NHS funding bus.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Jesus fuckin'...

In a way, it is good to remind ourselves people so boldly racist still exist. I also wonder what kind of friendship she had with this person who doesn't share her views, yet she feels comfortable being so overtly racist to, who apparently has leaked this convo. And if she's that open with this person, no way did Henry Bolton not know this about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

Her apology was pathetic too, basically trying to pass what she said as a joke and not the fact she is an abhorrent person.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

He has broken up with her and said they only started a relationship in December.

I can 100% believe he didn't know this about her.

Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Back across the pond, we've had an entertaining weekend with the girlfriend of the UKIP party leader sending these messages about the royal wedding.

UKIP (definitely not racist but number 1 with racists) are a fringe party that were a big part of us leaving the EU.

The UKIP leader has since ditched her, throwing her under a big NHS funding bus.

I happen to like Meghan Markle. I know her more than anyone in the Royal family. That's because I'm a giant Suits fan though. Royal family fan though not so much.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Also who still says negro unironically?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    He has broken up with her and said they only started a relationship in December.

I can 100% believe he didn't know this about her.
    Possibly - definitely wouldn't rule it out, though it looks really bad on him because of the stereotypes around his party and he left his wife and kids for this girl.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Also who still says negro unironically?
    Meghan isn't even full on African American. Pretty sure she's mixed. But racists don't care either way.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Thank you, Trump.

*awaits firestorm while sitting on a lawnchair and eating popcorn*

(I mean....that's what it's come to, right? Mention ANYTHING even remotely positive about Trump and you'll get lambasted for it. lol )

BTW, up till Trump made MLK a Federal Holiday(or whatever he did), I would've had work yesterday. Now going forward, I won't. So once again :

THANK YOU, TRUMP.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
    Thank you, Trump.

*awaits firestorm while sitting on a lawnchair and eating popcorn*

(I mean....that's what it's come to, right? Mention ANYTHING even remotely positive about Trump and you'll get lambasted for it. lol )

BTW, up till Trump made MLK a Federal Holiday(or whatever he did), I would've had work yesterday. Now going forward, I won't. So once again :

THANK YOU, TRUMP.
    Ummm....not sure if you are trolling or joking or being serious

Martin Luther King Jr. Day being a Federal Holiday was signed into law in 1983 by President Reagan and was first observed in 1986.

Hurrah for the flag of the free!
    May it wave as our standard forever,
    The gem of the land and the sea,
    The banner of the right.
    Let tyrants remember the day
    When our fathers with mighty endeavor
    Proclaimed as they marched to the fray
    That by their might and by their right
    It waves forever.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang View Post
    Ummm....not sure if you are trolling or joking or being serious

Martin Luther King Jr. Day being a Federal Holiday was signed into law in 1983 by President Reagan and was first observed in 1986.
    I don't troll and I wasn't being serious. C'mon now! I was just having a little fun here.

But that whole thing regarding getting MLK off? That DID happen just now and I was like "Why weren't we off previously?"

And I'm referring to my job at a massive bank in NY.
    Last edited by glenwo2; 01-16-2018 at 01:23 PM.

FFS Calm Doon

Status
      Country                    UK

What a frightening thought.

GOAT

Status

Okay, two things to point out in one post.

First off is this :

https://gizmodo.com/donald-trumps-fa...hit-1822179899

Okay, Trump tries to play Perez Hilton, and be a social media queen. It failed, it sucked. No one liked it. That's shocking! Like Trump never failed in a venture!

http://www.towleroad.com/2018/01/tru...iscrimination/

So, essentially. It's okay to bash LGBT and violate their rights.......If you are a religious person.

So it is 100% okay for people who choose to believe in Christianity to discriminate against LGBT who do not choose to be who they are.

But LGBT cannot discriminate against those who choose to believe in Christianity.

Because let's remember, a senior citizen put one of both genders of all animals on a boat, and saved the world. After his god was very angry at how people reacted to him giving them free will, so he killed 99% of them, in a hissy fit.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Welp....government shut down.

Looks like I'm working for free with no benefits for at least this weekend.

Brick Shithouse

Status

The idea of a government shutdown looks much worse on the Republicans than the Democrats, especially considering Trump's comments on it from 2013. They tried to make a power play on the Democrats using the children's health insurance plan and the democrats stood up to them. Seems like the Dems are getting a backbone.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'd say both were to blame. Your job in the Senate is to come up with budget on time.... They failed. Period.

Republicans, Democrats, Indys... they all failed. They can point fingers and whine. They can blame whoever. They had a job to do by a certain time and chose not to get it done. I'd be reprimanded and written up, if it were me. You have no idea how many times I've been given a task that I wasn't equipped to do and have been told to "Make it happen, sergeant."

Yet, here we are... My sympathy dried up long ago.

Thread Information