Thread: NJPW Schedule 2018

Status
      Country                    United States

NJPW NJPW Schedule 2018

NJPW is already rolling out their schedule for a majority of their major shows in the first half of 2018. Among the dates, the biggest news is for the three finals shows of the G1 Climax, NJPW will return to Budokan Hall for the first time in over 15 years. Budokan Hall can hold around 15k fans. Below is a list of the noted shows:

* The New Beginning in Sapporo (January 27 and 28)

* The New Beginning in Osaka (February 10)

* NJPW 46th Anniversary (March 6)

* New Japan Cub Final 2018 (March 21)

* USA: Strong Style Evolved (March 25)

* Sakura Genesis 2018 (April 1)

* Wrestling Hi No Kuni 2018 (April 29)

* Wrestling Dontaku 2018 (May 3 and 4)

* Best of the Super Juniors - Opening Show (May 18)

* Dominion in Osaka (June 9)

* G1 Climax 28 Opening Shows (July 14, 15, and 16)

* G1 Climax 28 Closing Shows (August 10, 11, and 12)

Source: wrestlinginc

Make sure to have CC on to see subtitles.
    Last edited by Necro; 01-11-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: NJPW Schedule 2018

The last time they ran Budokan, the attendance was shit. It wasn't worth it. Budokan costs alot more money to run a show at compared to Ryogoku Kokugikan (where NJPW usually goes now for G1 finals). So they went to Ryogoku instead as it's cheaper and I think they had more chance of selling out.

Now with an increase in popularity, they probably feel running Budokan is a worthwhile risk to take as they expect a decent crowd. Should be noted that the final three days of G1 being at Budokan is relatively 'safe' as those shows tend to draw well anyway.

It'll be a real sign of intent when they start looking at other venues or use Budokan for other events.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

Aren't they only using Budokan Hall because Sumo Hall is closed this summer? I keep hearing people say it's this great show of ambition from New Japan to switch venues this year but it's more out of necessity than anything else.

The most interesting thing about this is Kota Ibushi is banned from Budokan Hall for moonsaulting off the balcony when the owners asked him not to. I'm guessing they'll come to terms on allowing him to wrestle on the show because I'd hate to think Kota won't be apart of the G1. Maybe he'll have to dust off the Tiger Mask W attire for those final shows

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Aren't they only using Budokan Hall because Sumo Hall is closed this summer? I keep hearing people say it's this great show of ambition from New Japan to switch venues this year but it's more out of necessity than anything else.

The most interesting thing about this is Kota Ibushi is banned from Budokan Hall for moonsaulting off the balcony when the owners asked him not to. I'm guessing they'll come to terms on allowing him to wrestle on the show because I'd hate to think Kota won't be apart of the G1. Maybe he'll have to dust off the Tiger Mask W attire for those final shows
    Well, they could have easily gone to a safer venue instead of attempting to run Budokan for three nights. Could've only had Budokan for one night. I still think it's a sign of confidence/ambition that they're willing to take a step forward as a result of Sumo Hall being closed. Not to mention the costs involved. Could've taken cheaper options.

They'll throw enough money at the Budokan owners to get Ibushi in. Either that or Ibushi won't compete. I'd lol if Tiger Mask W came back. I don't think we see that ever again unless the anime returns.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Pretty cool that they are going to the Budokan. The last time they went was 2003 so it'll be an experienced. Anyway, I'm sure New Japan will try and pull some strings so Kota will be able to wrestle in the G1.
    Spoiler:

GET THESE HANDS

Status

After The New Beginning, New Japan are going to tour Australia and further their links with the growing wrestling scene there. Would not be surprised in the future if a young lion goes there for an excursion.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Nice seeing New Japan slowly getting bigger and bigger globally. Okada is getting very popular over there if his MCW appearances are anything to judge by.
    Spoiler:

Status

Just so everyone knows, here's the NJPW World Schedule for the rest of January:

Note: I've included Japanese-exclusive streams. You'll probably need a VPN to view if interested.

Thursday 18th - CMLL - 7pm JST, 10am GMT, 5am EST, 2am PST (Japanese Exclusive)

Friday 19th - FANTASTICA MANIA 2018 NIGHT SIX* - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Sunday 21st - FANTASTICA MANIA 2018 NIGHT SEVEN - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Monday 22nd - FANTASTICA MANIA 2018 NIGHT EIGHT - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Saturday 28th - NEW BEGINNING IN SAPPORO NIGHT ONE - 6pm JST, 9am GMT, 4am EST, 1am PST (English commentary stream available)

Sunday 29th - NEW BEGINNING IN SAPPORO NIGHT TWO - 6pm JST, 9am GMT, 4am EST, 1am PST (English commentary stream available)

*Just a small note for anyone new to NJPW - not every single show is put onto NJPWWorld. Usually, all the big shows are put on as well as every G1 Climax show but some house shows don't get put onto the service. Usually it's the shows that don't take place at Korakuen Hall. Tournaments such as Best of the Super Jr and Tag League have the matches uploaded but not full shows unless it's a Korakuen show for the most part.

February schedule not available yet but will post it when available.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Here's the NJPWWorld Schedule for the months of February and March:

February

Monday 5th - ROAD TO THE NEW BEGINNING - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Tuesday 6th - ROAD TO THE NEW BEGINNING
    - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Saturday 10th - THE NEW BEGINNING IN OSAKA - 5pm JST, 8am GMT, 3am EST, Midnight PST (English commentary stream available)

Friday 23rd - HONOR RISING 2018 NIGHT ONE - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST (English commentary stream available)

Saturday 24th - HONOR RISING 2018 NIGHT TWO - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST (English commentary stream available)

March

Tuesday 6th* - NJPW 46TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW - 7pm JST, 10am GMT, 5am EST, 2am PST

Thursday 8th - CMLL (Japan only) - 7pm JST, 10am GMT, 5am EST, 2am PST

Friday 9th* - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT ONE - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 4.30am EST, 1.30am PST

Saturday 10th - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT TWO - 6pm JST, 9am GMT, 4am EST, 1am PST

Sunday 11th - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT THREE - 4pm JST, 7am GMT, 3am EDT, 11pm March 10th PST

Monday 12th - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT FOUR - 7pm JST, 10am GMT, 6am EDT, 3am PDT

Wednesday 14th - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT FIVE - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 5.30am EDT, 2.30am PDT

Thursday 15th* - NEW JAPAN CUP 2018 NIGHT SIX - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 5.30am EDT, 2.30am PDT

Friday 16th* - NEW JAPAN CUP NIGHT SEVEN
    - 6.30pm JST, 9.30am GMT, 5.30am EDT, 2.30am PDT

Sunday 18th* - NEW JAPAN CUP NIGHT EIGHT - 3pm JST, 6am GMT, 2am EDT, 11pm March 17th PDT

Wednesday 21st* - NEW JAPAN CUP FINAL - 3pm JST, 6am GMT, 2am EDT, 11pm March 17th PDT (English commentary stream available)

Friday 23rd - CMLL (Japan only) - 7pm JST, 10am GMT, 6am EDT, 3am PDT

Monday 26th* - STRONG STYLE EVOLVED - 9am JST, 1am BST, 8pm March 25th EDT, 5pm March 25th PDT (Non-US Territories exclusive stream, US territories will get the VOD after event has finished - English commentary available)

Friday 30th* - ROAD TO SAKURA GENESIS 2018 - 6.30pm JST, 10.30am BST, 5.30am EDT, 2.30am PDT

-----

Dates marked with an asterisk will feature English commentary.

The start times for shows in March also account for the clocks changing. Be wary of the night three NJ Cup show as there's some proper clock changing fucker - it airs when the clocks have changed for all timezones except PST, I think.

EDIT: Updated the March schedule. They are now doing all the NJ Cup shows.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 03-03-2018 at 03:04 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Wait, Strong Style Evolved is on at the same time as Raw??? Interesting.
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Wait, Strong Style Evolved is on at the same time as Raw??? Interesting.
    RAW is the next day - times are strict. 1AM Monday is an hour and a minute after 11.59pm Sunday. If it's confusing just look at the Japanese time and you'll get it.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-19-2018 at 04:36 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    RAW is the next day - times are strict. 1AM Monday is an hour and a minute after 11.59pm Sunday. If it's confusing just look at the Japanese time and you'll get it.
    Ah, right. I got it now. Thanks.
    Spoiler:

Filthy Weeb

Status

Isnt SSE where people are speculating Jericho vs Naito will be held?

Watched the CMLL Fantastica Mania nights that were available. I've not seen the original LIJ, so seeing Naito's and Rush's relationship on screen was nice to see. Overall the remainder of the shows were pretty good watches, especially for someone like myself who hasnt watched CMLL before.

GET THESE HANDS

Status

It's where I'm expecting Jericho/Naito to take place, would be stunned if they didn't want Jericho on the US tour.

Thread Information