Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayans MC Discussion

Status
      Country                    United States

Mayans MC Discussion

Sons Of Anarchy Spin-Off Is Officially Confirmed

The next chapter in the book of Sons of Anarchy has been announced by FX and we can’t wait for it to roll into town.

Which is ironic because if any real biker gang the likes of the Sons of Anarchy really did, we’d totally brick it and hide behind our computer screens for dear life.

A 10-episode series entitled Mayans MC will follow on from Kurt Sutter’s long-running biker drama, and should premiere in the late summer or autumn – the 10th anniversary of the FX flagship show.

It’s not been an easy ride getting the Sons spin-off on air, the Hollywood Reporter reports. First announced in August 2015, its pilot was originally slated to go out in December 2016.

News then broke that the pilot was going to be completely reshot with several roles recast. Kurt Sutter stepped back and Norberto Barba was brought in.

Mayans MC takes place in a post-Jax Teller world and follows EZ Reyes (JD Pardo), a prospect in the Mayan MC charter, fresh out of prison on the Mexico/Cali border.

EZ, once a golden boy with the American dream in his grasp, needs to start a fresh and carve out a new outlaw identity.

Edward James Olmos, Sarah Bolger, Clayton Cardenas, Richard Cabral, Michael Irby, Raoul Trujillo, Antonio Jaramillo and Carla Baratta star alongside Pardo.

Nick Grad, FX president of original programming, said:

Kurt Sutter is a master storyteller and Mayans MC has the raw energy and intensity that are hallmarks of his signature style.

Thanks to Kurt, co-creator Elgin James and this amazing cast, Mayans MC builds on the legacy of Sons of Anarchy, taking it in a thrilling new direction that we can’t wait for the world to see.
    So the pilot was re-shot two times, and Kurt Sutter didn't direct the re-shoot. I assume Kurt is still writing everything, just not sure if he's gona direct.

Anyway, towards the end of Sons I was hate watching the show. Couldn't stand it, but every week I watched just to complete the series haha.

Anyone looking forward to this?

Yooooo Mang

Status

Re: Mayans MC Discussion

Don’t know how you can? SOA became so trite the last few seasons just relying on shock value. And does anyone really care about the Mayans? People wanted an original 8 series not this. Plus it’s been far to long since it ended people don’t have that attention span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    Don’t know how you can? SOA became so trite the last few seasons just relying on shock value. And does anyone really care about the Mayans? People wanted an original 8 series not this. Plus it’s been far to long since it ended people don’t have that attention span.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I would have preferred Chibs going back to Ireland. That would have been cool.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I'll probably give it a chance.

I don't hold out a lot of hope for it though.

Status

I just don't get why they wouldn't even just do the aftermath of Sons. I think more people would even be interested in that. Maybe dismantle that group, build a new one.

Status

Not really interested in this. Absolutely loved SOA the entire way through, so I'll give it a try. Just don't know if I can get into it though.

A First 9 or a flash forward to Abel being older and joining the sons would be better.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    A First 9 or a flash forward to Abel being older and joining the sons would be better.
    Yeah I'd really like to have seen a flash forward with Abel.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

The Mayans? Did they suddently get intresting in the final season? (didn't watch it). Why not do Jax's dad with Clay and the First 9?
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah when I heard their was going to be show I thought the Show would go into the future from the events of SOA. I gotta say I was kinda disappointed when I heard it was going to be a prequel of a Show, but I'll give it a shot no doubt. Before the last two Seasons, I spent a entire Summer get caught up, alot of hours, alot of Soda, and Popcorn so I need to see this. It was thing when this Show came on, for no one to bother me when I watched the Show. I didn't want to miss a damn thing, right now the only Show I watch on FX is Legion which is coming back for Season 2, can't wait see where this goes.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Why not do Jax's dad with Clay and the First 9?

My thoughts exactly. Hopefully this does well though, I enjoyed Sons quite a bit.

Status

Continuing the Sons of Anarchy saga, Kurt Sutter’s award-winning series that was the highest-rated ongoing drama series in FX history for seven seasons, Mayans MC will premiere on Tuesday, September 4. The Mayans were recurring and pivotal players in Sons of Anarchy throughout the show’s seven-year run. Mayans MC is set in a post-Jax Teller world, where EZ Reyes, fresh out of prison, is a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border. Now EZ must carve out his new outlaw identity in a town where he once was the golden boy who had the American Dream within his grasp.
    I'll give it a try, but have low expectations.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

As do I Necro I wanted a Prequel Series like I said before but I wonder how will it take before we see or hear the events of what happened in the Sons of Anarchy show. Also let's get a full Trailer if it's in September, July would be the perfect month to drop on what we will during this Show.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Here's the trailer. It debuts September 4th, 2018 on FX.

Actually looks pretty good from the trailer.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Yeah that looks good.

Definitely gonna watch.

Status

I'm a little more optimistic after the trailer. Maybe it was the awesome Paint it Black cover, or maybe I'm just happy to actually see Sutter bikers on TV again. Since it's set after the original SOA and in the same location, then surely we have to see SAMCRO pop up. Maybe we'll get some unresolved stories finished. See how Chibs and Tig and the rest of the surviving MC are doing.

I am afraid though that SOA was a one hit wonder. I haven't been a fan of anything else he's done.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I'm a little more optimistic after the trailer. Maybe it was the awesome Paint it Black cover, or maybe I'm just happy to actually see Sutter bikers on TV again. Since it's set after the original SOA and in the same location, then surely we have to see SAMCRO pop up. Maybe we'll get some unresolved stories finished. See how Chibs and Tig and the rest of the surviving MC are doing.

I am afraid though that SOA was a one hit wonder. I haven't been a fan of anything else he's done.
    I'm sure if ratings are down, at some they would just bring back certain members of Sons of Anarchy to spike ratings.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I'm sure if ratings are down, at some they would just bring back certain members of Sons of Anarchy to spike ratings.
    I still would like to see a revival that jumps ahead 20 years to Abel in the club.

At least I did. It would kind of defeat the purpose of Jax's death, but it would also be poetic because he'd be following Jax like Jax followed his dad. Almost like a curse.

I think a really cool story would be to have Abel as the MC President, but his brother Thomas stayed on the right path and actually became a cop. So the whole story is those two going at each other. I think that would make for a good show with Kurt Sutter behind the wheel.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

This has a decent look to it but I doubt it is going to catch on like Sons did. I don't want to see it fail but I doubt it'll have anywhere near the success of Sons. Will for sure check out the premiere though!

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here is a teaser I found browsing youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppv6G4m9bqk

Status

Tonight is the night, I'll be watching anyone else? It will be on at 10pm EST.

Thread Information