Re: WC's Saturday Night Main Event - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Kota Ibushi WK9

People who have expressed an interest in hosting:

Shock
    Postman Dave
    Order
    Nicky
    Ego
    Zero

Shock had first refusal and says he is planning something for Saturday, so he will be hosting this week.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: WC's Saturday Night Main Event - Shinsuke Nakamura Vs Kota Ibushi WK9

I saw this match the day after it happened. I didn't realise that until I was half way through it and realised that WK9 was the one that JR called and I watched almost exclusively for that reason, knowing next to nothing about the New Japan roster, other than the fact that Bullet Club was kind of a big deal. I think I'd watched some parts of a G1 previously too, although I'm not sure. This was definitely the first full New Japan show I watched in one sitting.

I don't remember my initial thoughts on this match, or the card as a whole, other than enjoying it but watching this match I was cringing at the amount of brutal headshots (made even worse after reading in this thread that Kota was back from concussion); kicks, knees, slaps and elbows all to both competitors heads, made this the kind of match that I watch through my fingers, flinching and making noises akin to a dog having it's testicles removed without anesthetic. What amazes me most, however, is that even though this is the kind of match that I would usually under-rate due to those hard head shots, I still quite enjoyed it. Much like Shibata/Okada from last year, while I found it hard to watch at points, I still see the art in both matches - obviously this one had less of a tragic aftermath, but I feel like the analogy still applies.

Something else I noticed, was how excited and just plain happy to be there Ibushi seemed before the match began... which is still a thing today! In general, but especially in matches against those he's a fan of and respects, Ibushi just loves to wrestle. He might be batshit crazy and do some things that baffle people, but you gotta respect the man for how much he just loves fucking wrestling. I wanna one day feel as happy as Kota looks when he's in the ring waiting for the bell to sound.

Thread Information