Thread: If Hogan or Eric Bischoff Launched Their Own Promotion, How Would It Go?

Hulkamania

Status
      Country                    UK

If Hogan or Eric Bischoff Launched Their Own Promotion, How Would It Go?

Back in November, Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, and Austin Aries posted cryptic tweets on twitter, possibly hinting at a new promotion (though through searching this, both Aries' and Bischoff's tweets seem to now be deleted). When me and my older brother met Kevin Nash in Belfast at an indy show in November, and I plucked up the courage through my social anxiety disorder to ask him about Hogan, he told me that ‘Hulk and Eric have something big planned for next year. I can’t say what it is, but it’s huge. I just hope it goes well for the both of them’, so I could only assume then that it was a new promotion.

When the American indy promotion Cleveland Knights Championship Wrestling put out a tweet that Bischoff would be appearing for them on February 9th, they stated in their original tweet that he had bought half of the company and would be managing the promotion. However, Bischoff went on twitter and straight up denied that he had bought any wrestling promotion, to ignore the dirtsheets, and that he would only be appearing for the night itself in-charge. Despite this, if you look at the promotion’s online pages, they really seem to be hinting at something big for the February 9th show. Eric also launched his IRW Network a few months back ('Indies Rule the World'), which is a platform to give independent artists, wrestlers, and such the ability to launch their own channels etc. for a price, and offer fans premium content. It'd give him more of an opportunity to promote that as well, if he were to launch or take-over a promotion.

My thread is basically to ask that if a Hogan/Bischoff (and possibly Aries) wrestling promotion does happen, or if they take over another indy promotion, how do you think it’d go? Considering there’s no too major free agents out there, who’d be involved in the company (or would it be a mixture of indy talents?) Would it be an indy company or a company possibly tied to air on the WWE Network and give lower WWE talents an opportunity to showcase their stuff (which would also be a start on Hogan getting back on the WWE train)? Who would be interested in airing the company?

Or should they concentrate on making another celebrity wrestling show, or back out of the idea of a wrestling promotion which Hulk did in '09 before TNA called? Let's hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by InUtero; 01-05-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Re: If Hogan or Eric Bischoff Launched Their Own Promotion, How Would It Go?

We all saw what happened when Bischoff and Hogan came into TNA and took over. We even saw what happened when Jeff Jarrett tried to create a new promotion in the GFW. If they were to create a promotion at the moment, there isn't any reason to assume that they could be successful.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Badly.

I can't imagine they've learned anything about how to handle money or book for the future so I reckon, if it happened, it would last as long as the money did and that wouldn't be long.

So, yeah... badly.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

It would fail but at least it would be fun watching it crash and burn.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movie Characters~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    United States

It's crazy to me that the amount of money Netflix throws around that they wouldn't have some sort of wrestling federation on their platform. With WWE constantly being a top cable draw you'd think they would.

As far as Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan are concerned I feel like they saved WCW, but at the same time slowly killed the company. Eric seemed to never get over the NWO, and never had an escape plan to that. Once the build started happening, and NWO became in Eric's mind it's own company I think they were doomed. WCW got beat so bad they would never recover. To me with heels, or heel factions you always want to see them get their comeuppance. With that said I don't know if Eric really has a mind for the business like some people think. Someone like Vince always sprinkles in legends in a way where it means something, not saying Vince does everything right but he does have a formula. At the end of WCW wrestlers like Hogan, and Nash had free reign, and Bischoff would go along with a lot of shitty ideas. The fact that Bischoff wanted to make one show totally about the NWO shows you how he never had ideas past that one simple one. I know that sounds like such a dick thing to say, but Bischoff is so tied to the NWO that I don't think he could ever run another wrestling company with success. Bischoff had unlimited funds, and blew a lot of money on stupid shit.

With Hogan it's a double edge sword. You have a guy who if shown on tv on a weekly basis really gets diluted fast. Even with his TNA run I'm sure he was pressured to be the center point of the company even if he wanted to focus on other talent. I don't think Hogan as a wrestling mind is someone who is so advanced that he would be successful in running a wrestling company. Hell when he went to WCW, he just brought in all his friends and tried to relive the late 80's and early 90's. Name value is something that is important, but would Hogan really understand the concept of creating new talent? And at this point he would only be trying to compete against WWE using their formula. A formula that he doesn't really have perfected like Vince.

Sweet Meat

Status

A lot of these things have to do with the infrastructure and money behind it, not just creative. They'd need a strong staff of people who can promote, etc. So who knows?

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    It's crazy to me that the amount of money Netflix throws around that they wouldn't have some sort of wrestling federation on their platform. With WWE constantly being a top cable draw you'd think they would.
    I think a Netflix based wrestling show has never had a better opportunity to happen than today. Wrestling fans should be flocking to watching Lucha Underground an GLOW on the service. Show Netflix that you're interested in seeing wrestling based programs on the app.

Thread Information