Thread: The Future of the MCU - Spoilers Obvs

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

The Future of the MCU - Spoilers Obvs

After Spider-Man: Far From Home, Marvel is set to reveal what's next in regards to Phase 4 and beyond. And it's an exciting time too, with the post-Endgame buzz still high, the Disney merger with Fox potentially bringing new characters into the fold and the upcoming Disney+ streaming service coming.

Now we know certain things are coming, but I wanna know YOUR wants and wishes for the future.

- Falcon/Captain America film - I may be alone in this, but I'm not into the Falcon/Winter Soldier series that's being mentioned at all. After the end of Endgame, I want to see Sam's transition from one superhero identity to be next, especially as he has no powers so to speak. It's a unique story not done yet, and I feel Bucky is too tied to Steve's legacy for the transition to be truly effective.

- Black Widow origin story - We know it's coming, but is ScarJo coming back? Personally, I hope not. If we're going back far enough in time, cast a younger actress in he role for a more gritty MCU movie than we're used to, as we find out how a young Natasha got red on her ledger.

- Leave X-Men alone for a while - Despite liking a lot of the films in the franchise, I have zero buzz for Dark Phoenix. So with that said, leave this until phase five at earliest. It also gives fans a chance to forget Hugh Jackman and Wolverine, as that's easily the most iconic Marvels adding outside of he MCU. Hell, if you do reboot the franchise, maybe even leave Wolverine out of the first movie?

- Valkyrie - So she had a lot of screen time in Endgame right? Apparently Hemsworth isn't done with Thor yet (more on hat shortly), but if he is, the best way to continue the Norse side of things is by giving Valkyrie her own movie and explore that side of the mythology

- Asgardians of the Galaxy? - No thanks. I like Thor, but he'd be an overbearing unwelcome presence here. The Guardians have got their own things to do, what with reuniting with Gamora and meeting Adam Warlock, as well as closing off their own trilogy ark. No need for Thor to be anywhere near this.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X104F using Tapatalk

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: The Future of the MCU - Spoilers Obvs

Yeah I never been a Falcon fan in Comics, like him in the Movies more, but we've got him in doses. It would be interesting to see if people would come out hard for a Falcon lead film, but I look at projects that Guardians that the normal viewer had to no clue about, take a shot with it and now Guardians is beloved by many more people.

Personally I don't want to see any other Actress play Black Widow besides Scarlo. The end of her arc for now had me in the feels and I feel she knows Widow so well right now why fuck with the formula. As much as I would love to see them dive into Cap having to take back the Soul Gem at the end of Endgame, does that mean he gets back a Soul for returning the Gem to Red Skull it would be too complicated even for me. I guess we'll get some kind of story of her of origins, but not too over the head with it. Maybe something that has Hawkeye and Widow on opposite ends and meeting each other for the first time who knows.

Yeah they have already said that X-Men and Fantastic Four might not be touched for a little bit and it's a bummer for me being a huge fan of X-Men as a kid. I don't even want an origin story with neither franchise rather than they have been a team already and were picking up with them like did with Spider-Man. I've thought to myself couldn't they just do what they did in Giant Size X-Men? Would love to see a House of M arc being put in the forefront as well.

Valkyrie/Asgardians of the Galaxy I would love to see both as well. I don't mind Thor being involved, he fit well with the other Guardians and we always need another heavy hitter when shit gets rough.

I'm sure if I think about it more I can think about future projects, but give me Secret Wars, House of M, or a big fight vs Galactus and I'll be a happy boy.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

People's Champion

Status

End game wasnt great at all. After reading some comics that deal with it, its even worse.

There shouldnt even be a black widow origin story. Im surprised people even care about her.

Basically without Xmen or Fantastic Four on the horizon, the only thing id be interested in is a Ghost Rider series.
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I think secret wars is most likely with the eternals coming . I would LOVE
    Galactus but with F4 in the future it could start with Secret Wars leading into facing Galactus We are def going to space So I would imagine few things,

1. Nova baby !

2. The OG Guardians coming back.

3. Alt timelines where certain heroes are fighting different things all coming together for fucking with time.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

The only thing I'm really excited for is Asguardian of the Galaxy. They found the right tone for Thor with Ragnarok and I think James Gunn is going to play off that really well. Taika Watiti needs to be brought back for some sort of movie because he's too brilliant not to be at the helm of something else.

Dont care for a Black Widow origin story. It'll feel inconsequential unless they go all out for an amazing movie instead of trying to fill out backstory holes or whatever.

I already know they won't take the interesting risks that the comic books took with Captain America Sam Wilson, and Anthony Mackie has always felt off to me in that Captain America role because of the way he's outspoken in the media in ways that don't really reflect that character's more social justice-y values. There's no way they touch too much upon that in the movies at risk of alienating part of the audience so this seems like it's bound to disappoint me and stay too safe instead of looking in on the themes of a black man as the symbol of hope in the US.

Vision/Wanda has potential to be absolutely amazing in a snobby award-winningy way if they really go all out with a psychological thriller type of atmosphere.

Don't care about a Loki series. Could still be great.

The shows basically all depend on how willing Marvel is to go out there and try do something really great instead of playing to their formula and letting it be average and just coasting on its own popularity.

Movie wise. Not much I'm really excited for. I loved Black Panther but there's no real intrigue for a Black Panther 2 is there? They just haven't let much room for me to be excited about the MCU future after Endgame. If they had decided to end the MCU and never touch it again after Endgame, there'd be nothing I'd think to myself that they left hanging.

I want to be roped back in, so hopefully something cool is announced or Far From Home starts off on the perfect note.

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I forgot about the Loki Series coming. Mischief Loki before he found his heart again is going to be bat shit crazy.

Wanda/Vision too can bring that House of M stuff and since they already have been messing with time, it wouldn't shock me to see it again and again.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    United States

Endgame gave you an in for the X-Men whenever they want to do it.

Spoiler:

It's revealed how the Infinity Stones release gamma radiation, so what if the snap(s) mutate people?

I like how the MCU is slowing down after Spider-man: Far From Home. Maybe the Disney + shows will be good since they'll be under Feige's control...not that the Netflix shows were bad, but they aren't acknowledged.

People's Champion

Status

I still find Daredevil/ Punisher the best the MCU had to offer . I doubt they could top those two shows
    ROH!!!ROH!!!ROH!!!

Thread Information