Re: NJPW New Year Dash Thread

Apologies, never saw that.

Jericho and Naito!!!!!!
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Well at least Naito Vs Jericho is something to get excited about.

Literally couldn’t of picked a worse wrestler for me to get interested in more Okada title matches. Okada won’t drop until Dominion against Naito again most likely.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Trent lost his title. Boo. Poor Bo.

BC dissension is interesting enough but this is like the fiftieth time this as been teased. This was all made the better with the story being behind saving Ibushi. Praying for a good payoff. Not too excited about a potential White/Omega feud with how shaky the White character has been so far.

Jericho/Naito is great. Dunno why LIJ would turn on Naito for one failure. Himoru’s been a failure since the summer and you don’t see the stable getting pitchforks out for him.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Polo Promotions

Status

I know I differ from everyone here but I adored tonight's show. Just.... Wow I like the direction Bullet Club are going in with the Cody-Omega feud starting to bubble, Switchblade being the only significant "heel" on the roster who doesn't have a stable, I love that about him and I think he's picked up his momentum after losing to Tanahashi. Speaking of, Tanahashi vs Suzuki....YES. I love Suzuki I don't care haha thought the whole match between Suzuki-gun/Tana/War/Elgin was a good, hard hitting match and the ending was SPOT. ON. In terms of the main event, Ospreay vs Takahashi is a win for me (although I understand if people won't like it) and Jericho attacking Naito had me pop big time. Only thing I didn't like THAT much was Okada vs Sanada. I adore Okada & Sanada I enjoy, but that programme sounds a bit.... uninteresting. It's weird to see the challenger from the Tokyo Dome have a much bigger feud than the champion.

Overall, the matches were solid, I enjoyed or loved most of the angles afterwards, I'm definitely sticking around to see what's next!

Polo Promotions! ​Get Tae Fuck!

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Missed some of the show but the matches I watched were pretty good, Suzuki Gun vs Tanahashi and the massive gajins was pretty good. They are clearly going to have Suzuki face Tanahashi at New Beginnings. Suzuki is back in my good books after Wrestle Kingdom so I'm excited for the match. Tanahashi is very injured and is desperately needing surgery or time off so I expect Suzuki to win the IC Title.

LIJ vs CHOAS was great. I love that LIJ were clearly more frustrated between the two groups after WK. Sanada vs Okada seems like an odd choice since Sanada is one half of the tag champions but I'm excited. Sanada and Okada had a good match in the G1 and I'm looking forward to it, even if everyone else isn't.

Chris Jericho is the perfect guy to face Naito next. They teased with the interviews and twitter comments and it seemed inevitable. I wonder when they will face off.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Sanada/Okada is fine for me. It's just keeping the feud open, really. It's not like NBG is a big big event so I wasn't expecting Okada to have a really big match or anything other than the usual title defence against someone. If we're continuing with a LIJ vs CHAOS dispute throughout the year then it's good. Ospreay vs Hiromu to back that up too, hopefully.

Switchblade is meh. Omega should be able to carry him towards a good match though.

No way should LIJ split with Naito unless you want to remove identity from both parties. Being LIJ is what got Naito to this point so I would consider it a bad move to take that away from him. It's very important for his character to be this way otherwise he undergoes a character change and you have no idea where that goes. The moment you throw Naito out and force him down a different path, you get people to view him differently. He isn't the cool, badass leader of a cool faction anymore etc. He becomes a pitied face. I don't think LIJ would throw him out either because he's responsible for helping them all. It'd be a major mistake to split the faction up at this point. It's clear to me that Okada and Naito will face each other down the line so his time will come. To me, breaking Naito away from LIJ is a worse booking option than having Naito lose to Okada at WK12. Who knows what's going on in Gedo's mind? He plans this shit out so far in advance. I'll say this though - I think, judging by reaction at the Dome, that if Naito had won then he would've got a full blown face reaction. Maybe they don't want Naito to be seen as a major major face and that's why they're waiting for him to go a bit more heel before giving him the belt? Maybe they don't want the entirety of LIJ to be viewed as a full blown face group under Naito? Idk. Pretty much what Nicky said too. I can't believe the rest of LIJ would turn around and dump Naito for losing to the best guy in Japan (kayfabe). It's entirely believable Okada would beat Naito in kayfabe so it'd be illogical as fuck for them to turn around and dump Naito for it. Especially when EVIL and SANADA lost to him recently as well.

Jericho vs Naito is going to be so much fun, though.

Idk what's happening with the tag belts but I like SANADA and EVIL continuing to go for singles belts at the same time. The six man belt change sucks but that's the nature of the beast.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-05-2018 at 09:32 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Polo Promotions

Status

I'm not going to lie, other than the beatdowns, how is Naito a heel in anyway? He comes across like an arrogant Steve Austin/CM Punk than a evil (pun intended) bad guy. LIJ breaking up or getting a new leader I wouldn't enjoy, mainly because, as already mentioned, if failure on a grand stage isn't acceptable, surely Hiromu would've gotten to fuck months ago?

Polo Promotions! ​Get Tae Fuck!

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker
    Idk what's happening with the tag belts but I like SANADA and EVIL continuing to go for singles belts at the same time. The six man belt change sucks but that's the nature of the beast.
    At a press conference today Okada said he would accept SANADA's challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship only if he would grant Okada and a partner of his choosing a shot at the Tag Team Titles in exchange. Okada picked Goto as his partner so that would seem to be the direction they're going in. I love that. A main eventer wanting to go after the tag titles even when he's the IWGP champion himself really spices things up and makes the belts feel more important. Sanada/Okada doesn't light my world on fire, but Evil and Sanada Vs Okada and Goto for the tag titles really does grab my interest.

Status

Just watched this whole show.

Question... How would adding Switchblade solve the Bullet Club's issues? I really didn't get that whole scenario. Saw it coming that he'd screw over Omega, but seriously this thing made no sense tome.

I enjoyed the way they ran the show tonight. Cool seeing everyone banged up, but still going out there to compete.

Jericho coming out at the end was certainly cool. Naito and Jericho sounds very interesting to me.

I never watched any Young Bucks matches, but holy shit they are fun to watch. Makes me even hate Cornette even more for his dumb opinions.

Overall, really easy watch.

I have to say too Minoru Suzuki really intrigues me. I'll have to try to find some of his MMA matches. The fact he beat Ken Shamrock a few times is awesome.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    At a press conference today Okada said he would accept SANADA's challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship only if he would grant Okada and a partner of his choosing a shot at the Tag Team Titles in exchange. Okada picked Goto as his partner so that would seem to be the direction they're going in. I love that. A main eventer wanting to go after the tag titles even when he's the IWGP champion himself really spices things up and makes the belts feel more important. Sanada/Okada doesn't light my world on fire, but Evil and Sanada Vs Okada and Goto for the tag titles really does grab my interest.
    Makes sense. I wonder if this means we're getting EVIL vs Goto then. lololol hope Goto isn't dropping the NEVER belt already. Something fresh and interesting for the tag division anyway. Wonder if this'll stop people complaining about how the division is booked or make them even more pissed

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Just watched this whole show.

Question... How would adding Switchblade solve the Bullet Club's issues? I really didn't get that whole scenario. Saw it coming that he'd screw over Omega, but seriously this thing made no sense tome.

I enjoyed the way they ran the show tonight. Cool seeing everyone banged up, but still going out there to compete.

Jericho coming out at the end was certainly cool. Naito and Jericho sounds very interesting to me.

I never watched any Young Bucks matches, but holy shit they are fun to watch. Makes me even hate Cornette even more for his dumb opinions.

Overall, really easy watch.

I have to say too Minoru Suzuki really intrigues me. I'll have to try to find some of his MMA matches. The fact he beat Ken Shamrock a few times is awesome.
    Strength in numbers etc. Really, adding White to a faction is just a way to get him more involved in the usual house show tag matches and stuff. But if Bullet Club get White then they have another person in their ranks etc. I don't really think White fits anywhere but that's just me. I know alot of people think he'd fit SZKG. I had this weird idea in my mind that he would turn on Okada and cost him the belt down the line but now I am not sure.

I think the Suzuki/Shamrock fights are rumoured to be worked shoots I think their second fight is the one most focus on. Shamrock was leaving Pancrase to go fight in UFC against Severn and Pancrase didn't want the possibility of their champ looking weak so had him drop to Suzuki. The first time I saw Suzuki was a match with Sakuraba at Wrestle Kingdom 9. It was awesome. Love the dude.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zowzIDie2-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfL1tO-76mA

These are the two "fights"

You are right they looked work.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Australia

I gotta say, I am all in on Jay White. Sure, his match with Tanahashi didn't deliver as expected and that sucks but hey, Okada's first WK match was underwhelming as well. White is only 24 and I'm sure he's only gonna get better and better and will be challenging Okada at the dome three years from now. I was really against him joining The Bullet Club and then he turned on Omega and I jumped out of my seat and I can't think of the last time I ever did that over pro wrestling. Honestly, I can see him beating Omega because of some Cody interference, White needs a big win and Omega can face Cody at the G1 US show and the beat White in a rematch. Also, Naito vs Chris Jericho is probably gonna be really awesome and I can't wait for it.

Status

Meltzer's ratings.

New Year's Dash

Nakanishi/Nagata/TenCozy vs. Young Lions 2.75

Suzuki-gun vs. Henare/Kawato/Liger/Tiger Mask/Makabe 3

Jay White vs. Katsuya Kitamura 2.5

The Elite vs. Roppongi 3k/Cheeseburger 2.75

Bullet Club vs. Taguchi Japan 2.5

Bullet Club vs. CHAOS 3.25

Suzuki-gun vs. Tanahashi/Elgin/War Machine 3.25

Los Ingobernables de Japon vs. CHAOS 3.75

Save What You Love

Status

Man, this was a fun show. I skipped the opening tags but everything else was fun to watch and it was more about all the set-up's for what's to come, than anything else. I did find it funny that the Bucks and Omega are often criticised for no-selling in matches, yet everything about their match was selling how hurt they were from the night before; if you'd seen nothing from them but WK12 and New Year Dash you'd wonder why they got called spot monkey all the time.

SANADA/Okada isn't exactly scintillating stuff, granted, but it'll be solid and it's a nice way to ease both guys through the next month and give each of them a defence of their titles; Okada's is an easy and predictable win, SANADA and EVIL vs. Okada and Goto however is far more interesting and will help make LIJ look good coming out of it when they beat the current world champ to retain.

I'm very interested in Jay White and Chris Jericho coming out of this show, both have set themselves up with new feuds and I'm looking forward to both; I'm also interested in White's movements in CHAOS and how he fare's with that group as he seems out of place and has already set his sights on the world title and Okada as well.

The biggest response to anything on the show though seemed to be to Omega saving Ibushi. The crowd went batshit for that and the breaking down of communicate between Kenny and Cody is getting better and better every single time it happens. I know they have the Bullet Club ALL IN event planned for later this year but it could be very intriguing if The Elite has split from the Bullet Club by then and it's sold as one faction vs. the other. I know it's unlikely to happen but I'd also mark out if Ibushi joined The Elite.

Thread Information