Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2017 WC Indy/Puro/Lucha Fave Five!

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The 2017 WC Indy/Puro/Lucha Fave Five!

It's taken me a while to get the fuss behind Toni. I'm getting there now though.

Riddle's great, but I can't call him a favourite due to not being big on the whole stoner thing. Nothing personal, more of a cultural thing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

THE MAN

Status

Kenoh is someone I'm really starting to get into now and think he'll have a tremendous year as GHC Heavyweight Champion and leading NOAH into their strongest year in many a year.

Keith Lee is pretty good, there's just some matches of him I realllllyy don't like such as the Dijak series and the Last Man Standing with Riddle.

I like Yehi but I just don't see enough of him.

Haven't watched Mayu.

Toni suffers from the UK women's division being so slim that it feels like she's on every show. She's one of the better girls in that scene, but I've yet to see a great match out of her.

Had Mandrews been healthy for the whole year, he would of challenged Gargano hard for babyface of the year. I like him a lot.

Thatcher was on my provisional list on the strength of the Ringkampf stuff, but he became a late cut, which I'm glad of now with me being the sole voter on my #5 and #4. Consider him my #6.

Riddle I kinda like and think he's one of the better guys on the US indies, but to call him a favourite would be a stretch. I feel like he's regressed a little this year.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

hey mitch I love you and I love lists

wassup
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    hey mitch I love you and I love lists

wassup
    Just been working and Raw 25 yesterday kept me occupied but I'll have the next part tomorrow.

MC Mitchy D

Status

The forty pointers are here!

Arisa Nakajima

Listed #2 by Shake

Dasher Hatfield

Listed #2 by Fuji Vice

Misaki Ohata

Listed #2 by Kairi HoHo

Hideki Suzuki

Listed #2 by Zero

This batch brings us Arisa Nakajima, who joined Seadlinning in 2017 with the objective of defeating Nanae Takahashi after failing to defeat her in her debut. Secondly we have Chikara regular Dasher Hatfield who picked up wins against the likes of Moose and Keith Lee in 2017. Misaki Ohata wrestles for Pro Wrestling Wave and won the Wave Single Championship in 2017. She also wrestles for Ice Ribbon and won the International Ribbon Tag Team Championship with Ryo Mizunami. Finally we have freelancer Hideki Suzuki who won the BJW World Strong Heavyweight Championship against Daisuke Sekimoto. He and Kohei Sato also won the vacant NWA Intercontinental Tag Team Championship.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Shame I think the name of Misaki Ohata is growing around the world and with her now champion again more people might want to check out her work in the future.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status

This is kind of a shitty thing to say but I have no idea if Ohata is a good wrestler or not because I don’t think I’ve seen a picture or video of her not in lingerie and of all the Joshi I see suggested I never see her name pop up.

Dasher Hatfield is probably CHIKARA’s best guy.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Ohata is not that well known because she's in WAVE and you can't see any WAVE shows unless you sign up to their network. Or she features on an Ice or SEAdLINNNG show. She faced Nakajima recently. I think Ohata is good but I don't think very many people outside of Japan are going to be interested in her because its tough to follow her. Most people are gonna see her used on SEAd or Ice shows... Or her gravure shoots.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status

Time for another batch and the fifty pointers!

Tomohiro Ishii

Listed #4 by MitchMiser
    Listed #3 by Tennessee Nick
    y

Mark Angelosetti

Listed #1 by Fuji Vice

Kairi Hojo

Listed #1 by Kairi HoHo

Ilja Dragunov

Listed #5 by Tennessee Nicky
    Listed #2 by Ed

Atsushi Kotoge

Listed #1 by Zero

Marty Scurll

Listed #1 by Jackie Polo

Nice batch of guys here. First we have one of my favs in Tomohiro Ishii. Ishii started the year off nicely, winning the IWGP Tag Team Championship with Toru Yano. The two held the titles until losing them to Tencozy at the 45th Anniversary Show. Ishii went on to have great matches against Kenny Omega and Tetsuya Naito and lost to Omega in the finals of the inaugural IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship tournament. Next up we have Chikara regular "Mr. Touchdown" Mark Angelosetti. Angelosetti spent 2017 with wins over Jeremy Leary, Waistlock Wayne, Cajun Crawdad, Missile Assault Man, and Hallowicked. It's no surprise HoHo chose his current namesake as his number 1. Kairi Hojo had a great 2017 before heading over to 2017. Hojo held the Goddess of Stardom and Wonder of Stardom belts going into 2017 and also won the Artist of Stardom in 2017. Ilja Dragunov was another who people started talking about in 2017. He won the 2017 wXw 16 Carat Gold in a fantastic match and even though he's been talking retirement at a young age due to family issues lets hope he can stay on it. Atsushi Kotoge had a great 2017 after switching to heavyweight in Noah. He lost in the finals of the Global Tag League with Go Shiozaki against Mayback Taniguchi and Naomichi Marufuji. The two avenged their loss later in the year defeating them for the GHC Tag Team Championship and Kotoge also lost in a GHC Heavyweight Championship match against Katsuhiko Nakajima. Lastly we have Marty Scurll. Scurll held the ROH World Television Championship going into 2017 and lost it to Kushida at War of the Worlds. It was also at War of the Worlds that Scurll became the newest member of Bullet Club to the surprise of nobody. He participated in the 2017 BOSJ with four wins and three losses. In November at Power Struggle Scurll won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship from Will Ospreay. Scurll has caught the ire of some due to him bringing down the quality and bringing up the comedy in his matches. Hopefully we can see more of the quality Marty in 2018!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’ve talked about my turn on Scurll enough. I’m glad he’s getting the popularity and success he’s getting and I’m glad he’s pushing a shit ton of merch. It’s just a shame it’s at the expense of his quality.

It would have been unfair to not put Ishii on my list. 2017 was probably the first year I consistently stayed with New Japan and I found Ishii the MVP of a large chunk of those shows. Along with probably Tanahashi (and maybe Okada, there’s some stretches here and there), I don’t think there’s been a better New Japan performer for the last five years.

The few WXW shows I saw, I was head over heels in love with Ilja. Super charismatic, very engaging. Great babyface. Haven’t heard anything recently about his status but I hope to see him back soon.
    -------
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status

It's time for the next batch which will be the rest of the workers to place out of the Fave Five!

Hiromu Takahashi (70 points)

Listed #5 by MitchMiser
    Listed #4 by Jimmy King
    Listed #2 by MC 16

Travis Banks (80 points)

Listed #4 by Johnny Gargabones
    Listed #4 by Postman Dave
    Listed #2 by Tennessee Nicky

Tyler Bate (110 points)

Listed #5 by Jackie Polo
    Listed #3 by MitchMiser
    Listed #3 by Postman Dave
    Listed #2 by Dook Gulak

The three guys before the Fave Five all had breakout years in 2017. Hiromu Takahashi changed his gimmick and reverted back to his real name in 2016 and in 2017 it paid off. He won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship from Kushida at Wrestle Kingdom 11 and went on to hold the title until June when he lost it back to Kushida at Dominion 6.11. Hiromu had successful title defenses against Dragon Lee, Ryusuke Taguchi, Kushida, and Ricochet. Since losing the title Hiromu has had some bad luck in matches and that has been incorporated into his story, hopefully he can get back on the winning track cause he made me a fan last year! Travis Banks had quite the 2017. He won the Super Strong Style 16 Tournament defeating the next entry on our list in the finals. He went on to defeat Pete Dunne at Chapter 55 to win his first PROGRESS World Champion and has had defenses against Keith Lee, Mark Andrews, Matt Riddle, Eddie Dennis, Will Ospreay, and Chris Brookes since then. With Brookes he also won the RPW Undisputed British Tag Team Championship, holding the titles for 232 days before losing them to Moustache Mountain. Speaking of Moustache Mountain, one half of them is also our next entry. Tyler Bate became a huge name in 2017. At just 19 years old he became the first ever WWE United Kingdom Champion. He, along with Trent Seven, won the PROGRESS Tag Team Championship, their second reign together. As mentioned before he also made to the finals of the Super Strong Style 16 Tournament losing to Travis Banks in the finals. He's just 20 years old and he has quite the career ahead of him!

Up next, the start of the Fave Five!
    Last edited by Slick Mitch; 01-27-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Three guys I quite adore. It’s a shame Hiromu’s role has diminished so much compared to the beginning of 2017. I would say he’s quite hot the levels of Scurll but being seen as a novelty made him kind of drop off the radar. Having Daryl and being a whipping boy for Naito is fun, but it kind of hurt him in the long run.

Banks is arguably the best on the BritWres scene. We’ve gone on and one about how he’s really carried Progress in the last nine months or so and is having a hell of a World Title reign. One of my top three of 2017 and I don’t see him slowing down.

Bate rules. So crazy how good and versatile he is for his age.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

To echo Nicky, Banks has been PROGRESS's MVP for a while now. Bate was awesome first half of 2017 but has dropped off a bit in quality since his face turn there.

MC Mitchy D

Status

It's time for the FAVE FIVE!

5. WALTER (120 points)

Listed #5 by The Natural
    Listed #5 by MC 16
    Listed #1 by Ed
    Listed #1 by Tennessee Nicky

Our first entry in the fave five is a wXw regular. He's making a name on the independent scene and has become known as one of the best big men in the world today. He currently holds the wXw World Tag Team Championship with Timothy Thatcher as Ringkampf, winning the titles in the finals of the 2017 World Tag Team League. He also made it to the finals of the 16 Carat Gold Tournament, losing to Ilja Dragunov. He's also the PROGRESS Atlas Champion, defeating former champion Matt Riddle and Timothy Thatcher for the title. He had previously won the title, again defeating Matt Riddle. He picked up wins against the likes of Zack Sabre Jr., Wolfgang, Fred Yehi, and David Starr wrestling for PROGRESS, PWG, and Evolve. WALTER is one to watch out for in the future.
    Last edited by Slick Mitch; 01-30-2018 at 09:14 PM.

Status

Great start, WALTER's dope. That boy knows how to chop, lemme tell ya.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Hell yeah. WALTER is the best.
    -------
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status

4T. Kenny Omega (140 points)

Listed #2 by Jackie Polo
    Listed #1 by Jimmy King
    Listed #1 by The Natural

4T. Zack Sabre Jr. (140 points)

Listed #4 by Jiggy
    Listed #3 by Ed
    Listed #2 by Johnny Gargabones
    Listed #1 by Postman Dave

We have a tie for 4th place this year as Kenny Omega and Zack Sabre Jr. both get 140 points! Omega had a very successful 2017 while also becoming one of the most popular, yet polarizing, wrestlers in the world. Some people love him and some people hate him. But there's no denying his incredible talent when he wrestles a serious match. He obviously started 2017 off with one of the most well-known matches of the year, losing to Kazuchika Okada in the main event ok WK 11. He also became the first ever IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion, defeating Tomohiro Ishii in the final match of the tournament. He also was defeated in the finals of the G1 Climax, losing to Tetsuya Naito. He went on to have successful defenses against Juice Robinson, Yoshi-Hashi, and Beretta. Sabre Jr. also had a very successful 2017. He won the Evolve Championship, ending the 596 day reign of Timothy Thatcher in the progress. He also went into 2017 as PWG World Champion, his 489 day reign ending against Chuck Taylor. Sabre Jr. joined NJPW in 2017. He won back the RPW British Heavyweight Championship from Katsuyori Shibata in March and has held it ever since. Most notably Sabre Jr. turned heel and joined Suzuki-gun. Both of these guys are in for quite a 2018.

Status

My boy!

ZSJ has been a favourite for a few years now, and chatting to him at ATTACK hasn't deterred that at all. Top guy.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

It was very difficult to leave Zack Sabre Jr out my top 5 so I'm glad everyone else put him in theirs. The guy has been exceptional for years now. Top 2017 and he started of 2018 great as well.
    Last edited by MC 16; 02-01-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

MC Mitchy D

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    It was very difficult to leave him out my top 5 so I'm glad everyone else put him in theirs. The guy has been exceptional for years now. Top 2017 and he started of 2018 great as well.
    Who are you referring to?

Thread Information