Thread: Return to greatness?

LRH Tech Support Unit

Status

Return to greatness?

With Chucky coming back to coach the Raiders, I thought I'd post this video.

Even though it was a disappointing season, how do you not get chills watching this if you're a fan of the Silver & Black?

When the Raiders move to Vegas they'll make more $$$ than they ever dreamed of. But one thing will be lost...their mystique. They'll never be able to replicate the unique universe they inhabit playing in Oakland. And that's a damn shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ_9NoODjwE

MR. MON$TER IN THE BANK~!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Return to greatness?

Quote Originally Posted by vadermania View Post
    With Chucky coming back to coach the Raiders, I thought I'd post this video.

Even though it was a disappointing season, how do you not get chills watching this if you're a fan of the Silver & Black?

When the Raiders move to Vegas they'll make more $$$ than they ever dreamed of. But one thing will be lost...their mystique. They'll never be able to replicate the unique universe they inhabit playing in Oakland. And that's a damn shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ_9NoODjwE

It's not official yet of him returning to the Raiders. Heck, I would absolutely love to see Gruden back in the NFL, since he's a proven coach. He'll definitely bring competition to the AFC and other teams outside the conference.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Return to greatness?

The best thing about Gruden potentially returning to the Raiders is not having to listen to his drivel on Monday Night Football anymore.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 01-04-2018 at 03:05 PM.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

He's an average coach, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Tony Dungy built an elite defense in Tampa Bay, Gruden walked into a golden situation. And in the Super Bowl he faced his former team, which he knew the personal and offense and defense.

The fact that he hasn't coached in over a decade also could be a disaster with him trying to adjust to today's NFL.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

If Gruden came as Coach for the Raiders alot of Free Agents would like to play for him, he's truly a players Coach. That lone SB Win dealt with Gruden gaining alot of rich talent on Defense, and a solid Offense enough to win games. After that he had troubles with QBs left and right with Tampa and they went about their ways with each other. People might say they don't like him during Monday Night Football, and he might say some goofy stuff, but his incite as a former Coach is great to hear. I guess if he does go with the Raiders no more QB Camp with the Class of Rookies ever year I imagine

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

I particularly enjoyed his astute analysis about turkey holes while an actual game of football was happening that he just completely ignored.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I think Gruden and Carr could be something special together as well when I think about it. Gruden is going to challenge Carr and get in his ass, and I know Carr is mentally, physically, and competitive enough to handle it and become that franchise QB he looked to become before his injury last Season.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    If Gruden came as Coach for the Raiders alot of Free Agents would like to play for him, he's truly a players Coach. That lone SB Win dealt with Gruden gaining alot of rich talent on Defense, and a solid Offense enough to win games. After that he had troubles with QBs left and right with Tampa and they went about their ways with each other. People might say they don't like him during Monday Night Football, and he might say some goofy stuff, but his incite as a former Coach is great to hear. I guess if he does go with the Raiders no more QB Camp with the Class of Rookies ever year I imagine
    Actually he's not a player's coach at all, and has a reputation of not dealing with bullshit. So players in general don't get along with him.

LRH Tech Support Unit

Status

10 years, $100 mil for Chucky!

There'd better be at least one Lombardi Trophy raised in Oakland/LV in the next decade. We Raider fans won't settle for less.

I'm skeptical of this hire but I hope I'm wrong.

BTW, can't wait to see the PSL and ticket prices in Vegas. The average fan gets shafted again.

Thread Information