Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Death of the New World Order

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: Death of the New World Order

Smart decision to open the show with a Roddy Piper promo, because we really did need to find out exactly why he decided to make his return. Considering the theme of this thread it makes perfect sense that the NWO are the reason behind his return. The half digs at Goldberg thinking he can win the war on his own are very interesting indeed as well. Obviously WCW will need to band together to kill this evil faction, and this could be the first step in achieving that. Even in its recapped form, really dug this promo for the simple fact it felt as if it did everything that it needed to.

WTF??? I really didn’t expect to see Disco Inferno defeat Finlay here. Finlay is awesome and Disco has always been something of a comedy act. Unexpected and I was even more shocked you actually gave them 10 minutes to strut their stuff. Overall, that is probably a good thing though because long TV matches rule. Anyway, shocked with the result but looking forward to see what happens to Finlay after he threw that massive tantrum after the loss.

I thought nobody from WCW appearing to help Goldberg on Nitro was a writing flaw, so I’m glad to see you’ve addressed it with Piper and again here with Jericho. Jericho obviously continuing his feud with The Giant makes sense, and this promo was fine.

Smart to keep Kaos and Steiner looking strong ahead of what I assume will be one last shot at the tag titles at some point.

Konnan’s promo was good in terms of the mention of the destruction of WCW and Goldberg. I thought all of that was good. Konnan as ‘the voice of the NWO’ is an interesting one because usually all of the other guys get just a much, if not more mic time. Seemed a little weird that Konnan explained why he joined the NWO after feeling cast aside, just because that explanation should happen once he joins… Not randomly now. Outside of that though, strong enough promo, doing what it needed to do in terms of hyping Goldberg/NWO towards Souled Out.

Will Souled Out be written in full like Starrcade?

Looking forward to seeing The Bluebloods get to work.

Completely fine to have a replay of the Golderg attack from Nitro. Easily the biggest thing currently happening in the company.

Not really sure what you are doing with Stevie Ray at this point. Fresh off being kicked out of the NWO, he gets this open challenge, gets some mic time and he loses to Iaukea. Of course it wasn’t clean thanks to Meng but still, this just felt strange to me all together. Wondering if maybe Ray isn’t as important as I initially thought.

Psicosis/Iaukea could be fun, looking forward to seeing how it progresses

Thunder is obviously the B show but it did everything it needed to do here. Set things up well for another episode of Nitro, with certain angles that needed to progressing nicely, or at least being mentioned. Good stuff.

Walking with Japan

Status
      Country                    Japan

I like the idea of Piper being a leader of a WCW uprising against the nWo in a mentor type role with the occasional match perhaps. That’s the kind of feeling I got from this promo. He has the gravitas, experience and personality that makes him ideal for this kind of role along with Flair. Nice message relayed at the end from Piper, I’m guessing to both Goldberg and the locker room - for Goldberg to realise he can’t do it alone and for the roster to realise they need to look out for each other.

Had to re-read that opening match twice ... but yeah, it still says Disco beat Finlay. No wonder the Belfast Bruiser threw a fit. Don’t know if this is the start of a push for Disco, or a losing streak gimmick for Finlay.

Good use of interview time for Jericho, and I like that he was questioned about why he did save Goldberg. Fair explanation too, and was nice to see Jericho touch on his previous problems with Goldberg, and ruling that out as a reason for not helping him. Hoping that’s the last of Ralphus too. Think it needs to be if Jericho is to be taken seriously.

Nothing wrong with a squash win for the tag title challengers. Serviceable segment for Steiner and Kaos. Hopefully the impending inclusion of the Blue Bloods into the tag division will spice things up soon.

That line at the end from Konnan was great. The nWo being the only option to control WCW is a strong claim, but it’s logical given how they decimated Goldberg on Nitro. Really liked you giving Konnan a chance to shine here, making him feel like a much more important cog in the wheel. Also, it’s really pleasing to see the closing angle of Nitro being brought up at every opportunity- it’s being made to feel like such an important angle right now, with far reaching consequences.

I’d be lying if I said the main event - even for the B show - was underwhelming. TAFKA is/was a terrible gimmick, and it feels like a waste of Meng to have him as muscle for this geek. Stevie Ray appears to be getting quite a bit of spotlight in the thread, which is a bit confusing too, seeing as he never really offered much imo outside of Harlem Heat ... but he’s been very vocal about the nWo since being kicked out, so at least he has something important going on ... but losing to Iaukea was really puzzling booking. If Stevie is being programmed to challenge the nWo, I’d expect him to handle people like TAFKA - even if he does have an imposing bodyguard. If you didn’t want Iaukea beat, I’d have been happier seeing some sort of non-finish, and have the Psicosis run in come a little earlier instead.

Weird main event aside, another enjoyable Thunder. I especially enjoyed the importance placed on the Goldberg attack and the ramifications on WCW after it. Superb stuff in that regard. I was critical of that Goldberg angle when feedbacking Nitro, but given the fallout here, I’m very much on board with what you did. Having read this, I’ve no doubt the continuing fall out will be handled superbly again on Nitro.

I <3 This Man

Status
      Country                    Australia

Big thank you for the feedback. I'll do my best to hit both of you up.

Just thought I'd take a minute to clear up a few things from the Thunder. I won't dive into it extensively because some things lead to angles down the line but I'll do my best to address some of the points put forward.

Stevie Ray has his own thing going on as the thread progresses that isn't necessarily at the forefront of the WCW vs. nWo storyline. I want to make it so that not everyone is dealing with the nWo. The cruiserweight division is entirely free of the nWo for example. Now, Stevie has a history with them that allows me to dip into that pond if I wish to at a later date but for the foreseeable future he isn't really a big factor in regards to the nWo. This week was more about me wrapping up a loose end from the origin of the thread rather than pushing Stevie as a threat of the nWo. He has stuff to do and a lot more once we get past Souled Out and people are free from the shackles of Starrcade fallout.

TAFKA is a special project for me. The gimmick as was done sucked but I've got a few little things to spice it up. That's another angle that really kicks in post Souled Out. It's a issue with booking three weeks and that's it. The gap between Souled Out and Super Brawl IX is five weeks so a lot more time is given to everyone, whereas the build to Souled Out has to focus on a set group of people with so little time. There are things coming for TAFKA and Meng which I think people will enjoy.

Have no fear, Fit Finlay is my boii! The seeds must be planted before they can be watered. The tantrum post-match was a change I made because I suspected that as a simple victory it would leave people scratching their heads. Finlay has a place, it's going somewhere, and Disco Inferno is also going to find a direction in the near future. Right now, they are kind of just floating around but where I'm at currently (being a few shows ahead) they both have clear goals. Fit Finlay is no jobber, fear not!

I addressed it in rep to stojy but in case anybody else was wondering, Souled Out is very much in 'full' depending on what you class as 'full' so to speak. The matches are completely detailed, segments are in more of a recap, I've got key bits of the commentary written out.

Lastly, glad to see the attack of Goldberg has been explained and accepted well. That was something where I had WCW originally make the save and they sent the nWo running. I had that written for a few days and ended up changing it because it was week 2 of the thread. It made no sense for the nWo to already be on the run. Once I made the decision that the nWo had to stand strong, I realized that nobody from WCW could come out to the ring. So, I sat down and wrote out all the names of people you'd expect to make the save. I then gave them all reasons as to why they weren't available. It's a major plot point and something you'll see addressed again on Nitro, so I'm glad to see it's won people over where it may have been a confusing point standing by itself. Make no mistake about it, the attack on Goldberg is one of the biggest moments in this thread. That's what comes with a lot of this stuff since I'm writing ahead, making changes of course (Konnan wasn't originally on Thunder and Jericho never addressed the Goldberg incident, that was all changed off feedback), a lot of these angles may seem curious at first but they get explained almost immediately on the next show.

A heads up, the next edition of Nitro is recapped. It still ended up being the same length as a normal show. I was having some laptop issues so that was the end result.
    Last edited by EZ3; 02-05-2018 at 12:22 AM.

I <3 This Man

Status

THE LONE SOLIDER

PREVIEW
    The countdown to the very first pay-per-view of 1999 is reaching a conclusion as World Championship Wrestling prepares for Souled Out in just six days. Monday Nitro emanates from Knoxville, Tennessee this week and will play host to the fallout from a highly impactful week. Monday Nitro is never a show to be lacking stories and last week provided several talking points for fans across the globe. Last week on Nitro, Diamond Dallas Page overcame unbelievable odds to win the twenty man battle royal and earn an opportunity to face Kevin Nash for the WCW World Heavyweight Title at Souled Out. It was a huge slap in the face to the nWo, who had screwed DDP out of a fair WCW United States Heavyweight Title rematch earlier in the night. Page battled through three members of the nWo involved in the battle royal and now stands three seconds away from bringing the World Title back to World Championship Wrestling and delivering a vital blow to the New World Order. Live on Nitro, DDP will deliver his thoughts on last week’s event and what he plans to accomplish at Souled Out.

The biggest headline all week has been the nWo assault on Goldberg inside the steel cage. In one of the most violent incidences in the history of WCW, Goldberg was left bloodied while the nWo celebrated their dominance over what appears to be a fractured WCW. Whether it was ego, jealously or a misunderstanding, Goldberg received no help during the beatdown. He was left on his own and his body has paid the price. Following the assault, Goldberg refused medical attention and staggered backstage. What does the failure of WCW wrestlers to make the save for Goldberg mean to the fight against the nWo? Can Goldberg defeat Randy Savage in six days after sustaining that brutal beating? The state of Bill Goldberg will be put to the test in the main event of the evening when Goldberg faces nWo member, Konnan in singles action.

We have a new champion after last week! Chris Jericho was robbed of the WCW World Television Title during his title defence against Wrath. The Giant has made Jericho’s life hell since losing to him at Starrcade and the bitterness of the feud intensified last week when The Giant threw Ralphus off the stage. Seeing his friend injured, Jericho was driven to anger as he cost The Giant his chance to win the twenty man battle royal, hitting him with a steel chair for good measure. These two men are clearly not done with each other and with neither having a match set for Souled Out, it makes for a very interesting situation. It has been confirmed that The Giant will be in action; the question remains, will Jericho make an appearance?

Speaking of bitter feuds; Rey Mysterio Jr. and Eddie Guerrero are confirmed to be meeting for what is promised to be the FINAL TIME for the foreseeable future this coming Sunday at Souled Out. Mysterio Jr. agreed to the match last week after being driven to the brink by Guerrero. Latino Heat simply refused to leave Mysterio Jr. alone even after losing at Starrcade. Before they meet in a Hair vs. Mask match, both men will be involved in a huge six man tag team match also involving; Kanyon, Dean Malenko, Billy Kidman and Kenny Kaos.

Nitro will also provide an exclusive confrontation between WCW Cruiserweight Champion, Billy Kidman, and the number one contender, Dean Malenko. These two men will sit down with Larry Zbyszko to discuss their differing viewpoints on the cruiserweight division, their match at Starrcade and the upcoming match at Souled Out. It’s a can’t miss segment between champion and challenger.

Confirmed Matches:
    Goldberg vs. Konnan

Billy Kidman, Kenny Kaos & Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko, Kanyon & Eddie Guerrero

The Giant will be in action

Diamond Dallas Page is set to appear in preparation for his World Title match

Ric Flair, Booker T, Bret Hart, Lex Luger, Bam Bam Bigelow are all confirmed for Monday Nitro

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

Looks like a stacked go-home show here. Will be interesting to see ho Goldberg actually is after last week, and any interactions he may have with any of the others who failed to save him. Will be reading for sure.

Black Mass

Status
      Country                    United States

Funny enough I just watched Starrcade 1998 and Souled Out 1999 earlier this week on WWE Network. I was young at the time when this was all going on, so it's interesting to watch it again now knowing everything that happened and knowing the difference between good and bad booking. IMO this period was almost as bad as 2000 and 2001, just in different ways. Idgaf what anyone has to say, Nash sucks on the mic in my opinion and I'll never get over him ending Goldberg's streak. That being said, the way you booked it and are following up on it comes off much better, and makes me wish this was the real result. I'm also enjoying the booking of DDP and the Jericho/Giant stuff which is a rivalry with some potential. Most of all though I'm looking forward to the development of this WCW vs. nWo stuff. In real life, WCW failed at this so many times and for obvious reasons. If they could have just let go of nWo before it was too late, who knows how history might have been different. Keep up the good work man, you've got my interest.

I <3 This Man

Status

Monday Nitro | January 11, 1999 | Knoxville, Tennessee

"THE LONE SOLIDER"

**OPENING VIDEO**

**PYRO**

After the usual opening sequence, we are greeted by the ‘Voice of WCW’ Tony Schiavone. After introducing his broadcast partner, Mike Tenay, we hear Schiavone go through what is on offer tonight as well as hyping the pay-per-view in six days. For the first time in three weeks, Goldberg will compete on Nitro in the main event of the evening when he faces nWo member, Konnan. We see footage of the brutal assault conducted by the nWo towards Goldberg last week, Tenay reminding everyone that nobody came to the aid of Goldberg when he so desperately needed help. Schiavone also hypes a major tag team contest; Booker T and Ric Flair versus Bret Hart and Bam Bam Bigelow for later tonight. With just six days before Souled Out, tonight is sure to be action packed.

**SELF HIGH-FIVE**

The difference seven days can make has never been more evident than the appearance of DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE. With crowd support at an all-time high for Page, he makes his way to the ring, and on commentary Schiavone discusses the victory in the battle royal last week. Tenay says that the win in the battle royal was a major blow to the New World Order, they wanted control over who would challenge Nash for the World Title and they almost had it secured but Page came through in the end. Page is now inside the ring, he runs from corner to corner, soaking in the reaction from the crowd, many of who are chanting his name.

Page says that a lot has gone on in the past week. He went from the lowest of lows, to the highest of highs and he has someone to thank for that. With a smile on his face, Page turns to the camera and says, “I want to thank the New World Order because if you crooks hadn’t screwed me out of my rematch than I would have never been in the battle royal. Now, I’m the number one contender and I’m going to take the one thing that matters to you all! I’m going to take the World Title and it’s all your fault!” The announcers remind us about Scott Hall’s illegal antics last week which led to DDP getting added to the battle royal.

With a spring in his step, Page talks about how he has been fighting the nWo for a long time. People right now think that the machine is just going to keep on chugging and that WCW can’t do anything to stop it. That’s wrong. With an air of defiance, Page shouts that he will bring down Kevin Nash and in the process, by taking back the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, weaken the New World Order beyond repair. It became clear to DDP last week that the nWo wants to divide and conquer. That they will tear the heart and soul out of WCW to keep themselves alive. “They keep preaching about how the nWo has to been on top for this company to survive, that you people don’t know what’s good for you.” Page talks about how the people know what they want, they are sick of the nWo and that World Championship Wrestling was around long before the nWo and will continue to be around once they are gone.

Page reminds us about how he was screwed out of the United States Title, how his rematch was a scam and how he put his fist up, his chin down and never gave up – that’s why he is standing here as the number one contender for the World Title. This is his chance to inspire everyone, to know that no matter what gets thrown your way, no matter how many bullies stand in front of you, with heart and determination you can come out on top. “That’s what separates us, Kevin. I’m fighting not for myself… I’m fighting for all of them and everyone in the back who has been suffering at the hands of the nWo. All those guys denied opportunities because of your actions, along with Hall’s and Hogan’s. I will not fail them!”

N-n-new
    New
    New New
    New
    World
    Order

**ROCKHOUSE**

Coming to the ring alone, Schiavone points out how surprised he is about that, and to a wave of heat from the crowd, is WCW World Heavyweight Champion – KEVIN NASH. He waste no time in approaching the ring, showing no fear of a confrontation as he enters and requests a microphone. Tenay points out on commentary that this is the first time these two men have shared the ring since their main event match was signed for Souled Out. Nash steps around the ring, the World Title over his shoulder before coming to a stop in front of Page.

“This is it, huh?” Kevin Nash chuckles out loud, stroking his long flowing hair as he begins to speak. Barely able to be heard over the boos from the crowd, Nash points out that during the battle royal the nWo members targeted specific people from the beginning and that DDP wasn’t one of them. “You simply weren’t… and still aren’t a concern to me or the nWo.” Nash continues by saying that if Page was truly as big a threat as he thinks he is, then Nash would have the entire group with him. Yet, here he stands as a lone wolf because he doesn’t fear DDP. Nash knows that whatever Page brings this Sunday, he can handle it on his own just like he did Goldberg. That draws major heat from the audience and sets Schiavone off on commentary about Nash being full of it.

Page tells Nash that if he isn’t concerned then why not speed things up. “Why don’t we save everyone time and you put that title on the line against me – tonight!” That idea is refuted by Nash, he shakes his head repeatedly and says that he’s the World Champion so he calls the shots. That’s how it has always been and it’ll stay that way. Plus, Nash is already set for a match later tonight and he suggests that Page watch it because it’ll be a preview of the beating he is going to get at Souled Out.

As Nash goes to exit, Page responds by saying that he knows how Nash is feeling right now. That stops Nash in his place. Page says that he knows what it’s like to hold the World Title and that the feeling consumes you. “You’ve held other belts but that one… it means something more. You’d do anything to keep it.” The competitors get face to face, Page looking right in the eyes of Big Sexy.

“And remember, I’d do anything to take it!”

Suddenly, Page goes for the Diamond Cutter and sends Nash stumbling backwards and onto the canvas. Nash lands on his backside, the title belt spilling over as Page stands just a few metres away with a look of confidence on his face. In embarrassment, Nash scrambles out of the ring, yanking the title belt with him, and hurries up the ramp. “You’ll pay for that!” Nash yells. While standing on a corner turnbuckle, Page makes the Diamond Cutter sign and yells “BANG!” which draws a great reaction from the crowd. Schiavone and Tenay hype up the encounter for Souled Out, highlighting that while Nash says he doesn’t fear DDP, he certainly did back pedal at the hint of the Diamond Cutter.

**Commercial Break**

Returning from the commercial break, La Parka is in the ring, ready for his upcoming match…

N-n-new
    New
    New New
    New
    World
    Order

**ROCKHOUSE**

Big heat from the live crowd as THE GIANT emerges onto the stage backed by nWo member, SCOTT STEINER. While making their way to the ring, Schiavone and Tenay discuss what happened last week on Nitro concerning The Giant and Chris Jericho. Tenay concludes that Jericho’s assault causing The Giant to be eliminated from the battle royal will only further enrage the biggest athlete in the world.

Match One
    The Giant (w/Scott Steiner) vs. La Parka

A match that sees The Giant win in dominating fashion as he takes La Parka to school. Throughout the contest, The Giant often referred to La Parka as Chris Jericho – slamming him into the mat and asking if he liked it. This was one of the most aggressive approaches we have seen from The Giant in a long time, Schiavone highlighting it is likely in response to his failure to defeat Chris Jericho. The Giant worked La Parka over in the corners of the ring, grounding him and restricting any movement that he wanted to have. We did see a small sample of a comeback when La Parka ducked underneath a strike. Parka did his best to fire some punches, they did little to nothing against the bigger man. In his attempt to build some offense, La Parka rebounded off the ropes and was clobbered with a lariat that put him down. Using his weight to great advantage, The Giant picked La Parka up and threw him around the ring, ending the contest with a powerful chokeslam within minutes of the contest beginning.
    Winner:
    The Giant @ 03:22

The Giant claims victory over La Parka and stands over his body as the referee raises his hand. Upon entering the ring, Steiner grabs La Parka and throws him through the middle rope to the outside of the ring. Schiavone and Tenay point out how that was done for no reason, Parka was already down, the match was over, and Steiner simply did it to be a prick.

The nWo think they are done for the night and begin heading for the edge of the ring when Chris Jericho steps onto the stage. “Ladies and gentlemen… freak and giant. How are we doing tonight?” Jericho parades around the top of the entrance ramp, a noticeably safe distance from the now angry giant, and asks the guys in the booth to hit the play button on a video tape he sent them earlier this morning. It is, as you would expect, a clip of Jericho eliminating The Giant last week. This sends The Giant into a rage, he is roaring inside the ring, he tosses the referee to the outside, he throws the camera man to the floor and shouts that he will break Jericho in half.

Jericho informs us that Ralphus is recovering in the hospital, “You can’t keep that old dog down, baby!” His focus then shifts to The Giant. Jericho says that he is proud of what he did last week. The Giant helped take his title away, he put Ralphus in the hospital but at the end of the night, Jericho got the last laugh. “That’s the recurring theme, Giant. I always get the better of you.”

The Giant grabs a microphone and answers back, saying that Jericho got lucky – “ONE TIME!” And if he got a second chance he’d not only beat Jericho but he’d beat him so bad he’d be forced into an early retirement. Jericho tells The Giant that he wants a piece of him also, not for himself but for Ralphus. Eliminating The Giant last week wasn’t enough, Jericho wants him in the ring again… at Souled Out! The Giant and Scott Steiner have a quick discussion inside the ring, we can’t hear what is said until The Giant gives his reply.

“You’re on, Jericho!”

In the office of WCW Commissioner, ARN ANDERSON, we find EDDIE GUERRERO pleading his case about why he shouldn’t be forced to put his hair on the line this Sunday against Rey Mysterio Jr. Guerrero contends that Rey has already proven he is willing to cheat to win as we saw at Starrcade (Tenay injects on commentary and says that Rey won fair and square). Anderson also has the same objection but Guerrero refuses to hear it.

He continues, saying that Mysterio Jr. is a disgrace to the heritage that he so proudly claims, wearing the mask of a luchador and acting the way he does, seeking the termination of employment for our people, it makes Guerrero sick. Once again, Anderson responds by pointing out that it was Guerrero’s actions more than Rey’s that resulted in the firing of those luchadores from World Championship Wrestling.

After being refused to have his hair saved, Eddie put forward the idea of it being a handicap match with he and Chavo against Rey, that was refused. Once more, Eddie threw out the idea that Chavo’s career on the line would be better since, “the Latino community cannot afford to lose something as iconic as my hair! You’ll see riots in the streets, Arn!”

Eddie even goes so far as to question if Rey Mysterio Jr. actually has any Mexican heritage. “He’s probably a fake! I bet if we took his mask off we’d find some weasel looking pretender who is abusing the culture.” Arn cut Eddie off, saying that he has heard enough. The match is happening at Souled Out. Eddie’s hair and Rey’s mask would be on the line – the decision was final. Eddie stormed off in a huff, clutching as his mullet with a desperate look in his eyes.

**Commercial Break**

In a dark room we find a spotlight shinning down onto a metal table with three chairs surrounding it. Two are directly opposite each other while the other is at the head of the table. LARRY ZBYSZKO opens up the segment, taking his spot at the head of the table and is soon joined by DEAN MALENKO and WCW Cruiserweight Champion, BILLY KIDMAN. Both men are silent as Larry welcomes us to this open forum, six days ahead of their title match, and asks Kidman how he is feeling after Malenko struck him with a cheapshot last week.

Kidman sits up in his chair, looking at Malenko the entire time, as he places the title belt on the table. As you would expect, Malenko’s expression is cold and calculated. “This is as close as you’re going to get to the title. I hope you understand that.” Kidman says that this is between the two of them. It’s been building for months, Malenko fights to the top and he fails. The once proud wrestler who stood at the top of the division… now he is stuck making excuses. Reminding Malenko of the attack last week, Kidman says that he is here, ready to go on Sunday and nothing Malenko has in his arsenal can stop him.

Malenko scoffs at that idea. He turns to Larry and speaks to him, refusing to make eye contact with Kidman. Dean details the history of his kneebar, naming all of those who have fallen to its devastating vice and that Kidman is just another name on his list of people injured. This business has been about simply getting the win but Malenko doesn’t care about just winning – he wants to injury Kidman. Winning is secondary, he’s going to take the title belt and tear the ligaments in Kidman’s knee. “I’ve torn through this entire division and know it’s his turn.”

Annoyed that Malenko will not look at him, Kidman raises his voice and pulls the title closer to himself. He tells Malenko that he has beaten him before, Malenko had a chance on the final three-hour Nitro and failed. “You had a chance at Starrcade. I survived your kneebar and I climbed to the top of the ladder and retained my title.” Kidman tells Malenko that he is living in a dream world if he thinks that this match is going to be a walk in the park. Sure, Malenko may have been unstoppable against everyone else but Kidman isn’t anyone else. “I’m the champion. I said on the day I won this title; I’m not afraid to defend it against anyone. That includes you, Dean.”

Watching as a moderator, Larry asks Dean for a comment on his failure at Starrcade. Once again, Dean refuses to acknowledge Kidman and continues to address only Zbyszko. Malenko states that he is a wrestler. “I’m not a stuntman or some kind of circus worker. That ladder match was a disgrace. The fact that Kidman is happy to take part in matches like that proves to me that he isn’t the right kind of athlete to represent the cruiserweight division.” Malenko continues to describe his hatred for all the flips and “bullshit” that Kidman does, and what the division has turned into. “It’s a freakshow. It’s vile. That’s not what professional wrestling is and these barbaric fans who thirst for blood are part of the damn problem.”

Kidman interjects and says Dean sounds like a bitter old man. Not even that can draw Malenko’s gaze. The challenger points out that this Sunday is a normal wrestling match. It’s his environment. He went into the ladder match knowing it would favour Kidman and yet he was still a few seconds away from winning. “Kidman doesn’t stand a chance against me in a proper match. If not for that idiot Prince and his muscle, I’d have been crowned champion in December.”

“Look at me!” Kidman shouts, slamming his fist into the table. Finally, Malenko turns his head and glares at the champion. Kidman holds the title belt forward, shaking it and then he stands up. It’s silence for a long while, Malenko is like ice as he shows no emotion on his face while the champion is getting lost in his own emotions. “I beat you, I can do it again.” Slowly, Malenko stands up, he shakes hands with Zbyszko and smirks. “No, you can’t.”

Malenko unclips his microphone from his shirt and disappears into the darkness of the room. Meanwhile, Kidman stands holding his title belt and appears to be slightly rattled after the final confrontation with his most dangerous challenger. On commentary, Schiavone hypes up the differences between the two men; Kidman being the young emotional champion and Malenko being that cold veteran who knows exactly what to do to drive the youngster over the edge.

**Commercial Break**

Upon returning from the break we cut to the commentary table where Schiavone and Tenay recap the events earlier in the night. They hype up the main event; Goldberg versus Konnan and then break some news for a special event happening this coming Thursday on Thunder. We hear, via Schiavone, that the newly crowned WCW World Television Champion, Wrath, will make his first title defence against the legend – Roddy Piper! They discuss how on earth Piper is going to be able to hang with the young gun that is Wrath. “Piper knows a few tricks. I’d never count him out,” says Schiavone as we move to the second match of the night.

Already in the ring is BRIAN ADAMS, he waits his opponent and has a gloomy look about him.

N-n-new
    New
    New New
    New
    World
    Order

**ROCKHOUSE**

For the second time tonight, KEVIN NASH makes his way out to the ring and the World Champion is oozing confidence as he struts down the ramp. Attracting major heat from the crowd, as Schiavone pipes up reminding us that Nash hasn’t wrestled since Starrcade and could have some rust on him. Nash enters the ring, he steps over the ropes and immediately slaps Adams across the face with a hard backhand.

Match Two
    Brian Adams vs. Kevin Nash

Unfortunately, it’s not the most exciting night wrestling wise to start off Monday Nitro. For the second match in a row it’s a squash match and once again for a member of the nWo. Nash is untouched the entire contest, he doesn’t sell a thing as he sticks with the most basic of moves to work over Adams. He drops an elbow across the back of Adams’ neck, whips him into the corner and drives his knee into the stomach. At no point does Nash even hint at running, it’s all a slow walk, he taunts the crowd before each move. To add insult to injury, Nash even mimics Diamond Dallas Page before hitting Snake Eyes on Adams followed by a big boot to knock him to the canvas. After about three minutes of beating on Adams, Nash finally moves to the finish as he chokes his opponent against the ropes. Adams tries a wild charge, only for Nash to grab him by the throat and hit a chokeslam. Taking all the time in the word, allowing the match to scratch the four-minute mark, Nash lifts Adams up and connects with the Jackknife for the clean pin. Total dominance for Kevin Nash heading into his first WCW World Heavyweight Title defence on Sunday.
    Winner:
    Kevin Nash @ 04:14

Receiving more boos from the audience, Kevin Nash gets to his feet and flaunts his cocky attitude around the ring. With the World Title in his hand, Nash tells the fans that he isn’t going anywhere and the belt is staying with him. Schiavone and Tenay discuss Page’s chances on Sunday, they think it’s going to be a tough match for either man to win.

The fans are not happy, Nash is of course loving that fact and plants a kiss on the World Title belt before heading down the entrance chute. Inside the ring, Adams hasn’t move since the Jackknife as we fade to black into the next segment. Tenay makes the suggestion that someone might want to check on him.

We are away from the arena for the first time tonight as we pick up with KANYON and RAVEN driving in a car. Our view is from the back seat, presumably the camera man on this little adventure with the reigning WCW World Tag Team Champions. Kanyon is in the front passenger seat, a beautiful blonde is driving the car and Raven is in the back. The latter is just blankly staring out the window, saying nothing, while Kanyon is yapping on about their title defence at Souled Out.

While on the drive we discover that Kanyon has resorted to trying to cure Raven’s depression by taking to places that make others happy. “Some good person to person interaction, Raven. It’s what you need.” Kanyon demands that Raven get out of this slump because the titles are more important than any inner demons or childhood trauma that Raven is dealing with. Simply, get over it. Kanyon laughs, he can’t understand what Raven has to be upset about anyway. “You get to be my partner, you’re a champion because of me and you’re no longer working for that crappy company in Philadelphia.”

They arrive at the first place; Chuck E Cheese. Many families are enjoying their afternoon at the establishment with kids running all over the place. Kanyon (plus the blonde) find a place to sit while Raven slowly follows them. “Alright, people love this place. Go on, go play one of the games.” We get a montage of Raven “playing” the games at Chuck E Cheese, it’s mostly him standing there and winning by some miracle. He’ll press a single button, ultimate high score and then Kanyon joins him and tries… only to fail miserably.

At one point a kid runs into Kanyon, and the champion shoves him to the ground drawing the ire of the parents. The screen goes black and then lights up again with the group back in the car driving to the next place to try and cheer Raven up. “Well, that place was clearly built for idiots.” Kanyon says that he has another place in mind and we arrive at a golf course. “They say it’s calming, it’ll fix you Raven. Just relax.”

Still showing no signs of getting better or enjoying this experience at all, Raven follows along dragging his half of the tag titles on the ground whenever he may go. They begin golfing, Kanyon just swinging like a mad man and getting nowhere near the green. Kanyon curses loudly after each miss. After claiming his grip is slipping, Kanyon swings and his golf club goes flying into the air. Raven steps up, his head lowered and hair covering his face, and he takes a swing… hole in one. Kanyon’s mouth drops open and he immediately places a ball at the starting position, he swings the same as Raven… and cracks an old man on the head further down the course. Kanyon jumps into the golf cart, yelling for Raven to get in and they speed off as people rush to help the old man.

One final place, and now Kanyon is sure this is going to cure Raven. They are in a strip club, girls are dancing all around and Kanyon finds himself with a woman on each arm. A big bottle of champagne is in front of him and the music is pumping. Kanyon says how this is the life, it’s exactly what the team needs before defending their titles. Meanwhile, Raven is slumped in a corner, refusing to make eye contact with anyone as several women approach him at Kanyon’s request.

Still, Raven remains in his state of depression. As women approach him, Raven begins to ramble on about the demons within his soul and the purification that takes place but yet he remains a vessel of the deepest darkness. Kanyon can take no more, he throws his hands up in the air and takes Raven’s tag title. “Until you fix whatever the hell is wrong with you, I’m keeping this. I’m the leader of the team. What I say goes!” Kanyon and a few girls head into a private room, Raven is silent on the floor… he looks up and we see a flicker of something. It’s just a moment but it’s definitely there… he mumbles to himself as we fade out.

**Commercial Break**

Just outside the entrance chute, GENE OKERLUND is joined by TAFKA Prince Iaukea and MENG. The line of questioning begins with a replay being shown of Psicosis after being attacked two weeks ago on Nitro and then his return on Thunder last week. Okerlund presses for an answer as to if The Artist had anything to do with the assault and if not, why did Psicosis go after him? The Artist says he absolutely did do it and he’ll do it again. He goes onto explain that his exclusion from the WCW Cruiserweight Title match dating back to Starrcade was an outrage.

Gene responds by pointing out it was the Artist’s own actions that resulted in that ban. That’s not true, according to the Artist. The reason he attacked Psicosis was because he was one of those men who benefitted from the Artist’s exile. “Many a great artist have been exiled throughout history, I am but another of those great minds persecuted for my brilliance!” This will not stop the Artist, he explains that all those who fought to suppress his creativity will pay and Psicosis will get what is coming to him this week on Thunder. Okerlund enquires about the association with Meng. All he gets in response is a grunt from Meng, an intimidating figure of the highest order, and the Artist tells Gene to mind his own business.

**THE ZOO**

A huge blockbuster match coming up now between four legit main event wrestlers in WCW. BAM BAM BIGELOW is out first, Schiavone talking about how Bigelow is sure to be a pissed off man after coming up short in the battle royal last week. His hunt for the World Title is, for the moment, at an end and that cannot sit well with a veteran as angry as Bigelow.

**HITMAN IN THE HOUSE**

His partner, BRET HART, enters the arena next and draws a great deal of heat. Tenay and Schiavone discuss the way in which Hart was eliminated from that same battle royal – due to a fight with Booker T. Those two have been battling ever since Starrcade with issues clearly not resolved as of yet. Hart and Bigelow take control of the ring, Hart giving out orders to which Bigelow swats him away like an annoying fly.

**RAP SHEET**

Inside the ring, Bret’s fist clench as he sees BOOKER T rush out onto the stage. The former tag team specialist is ready to get himself some more of the Canadian. Booker T and Hart begin talking trash, Booker doing so from the outside of the ring as he waits for his partner – a smart move according to Schiavone and Tenay. Hart tries to convince Booker to rush the ring, chucking his shades at him but Booker comes from the streets, he has heard it all said and much worse, so he isn’t falling for Bret’s tricks.

**ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA**

A huge ovation for the Nature Boy, RIC FLAIR, as he makes his way down the aisle. Flair removes his robe and with Booker by his side, they rush into the ring and a fight breaks out before the bell even sounds. All four men unleashing their frustrations for their failure to win the battle royal last week. They all wanted it so bad and we are seeing what the World Title means to those who are so close to holding it. Once the referee gets the men separated, Flair and Bigelow are the ones determined to start the match.

Match Three
    Booker T & Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart & Bam Bam Bigelow

Flair and Bigelow start off the match with Flair targeting the leg to get the bigger man off his feet. That’s the story of the opening minutes, Flair keeps Bigelow guessing as he twists and turns the leg, working it over and preparing for the Figure Four Leg Lock later in the contest. Bigelow isn’t one to go down easily, his superior strength allows him to get the heat on Flair, working him over in the corner and using a variety of slams. At one point, the action spills to the outside and Bigelow executes snake eyes onto the guardrail, causing Flair to smash head first into it. This is where the bad guys take full control, Hart entering the match and continuing where Bigelow had started. Hart was in fine form, his attention turning to Booker T whenever he knocked Flair to the ground. Always taunting, always poking at Booker and the man on the ring apron was just as fired up to enter the ring and get himself a piece of Bret Hart. We did get a small sample of Booker, only with Bigelow of course, but for the most part it was two on one with Flair being isolated repeatedly. In the end, Booker T was able to get the hot tag after Flair ducked and rolled away from Bret, making it to the corner for the tag and a huge pop. At that point, Bret decided he had done all he wanted to and forced a tag with Bigelow before exiting the ring. Bigelow was furious, yelling at Bret to get back here. The anger built up in Bigelow blinded his senses and he was hit with a Book End for the pin.
    Winners:
    Booker T & Ric Flair @ 13:02

Following the match, Bret Hart is already halfway up the ramp when the bell sounds and has no interest in the result. Schiavone and Tenay are outraged by Hart walking out on yet another tag team match. He’s selfish, out for only himself and the most untrustworthy man in World Championship Wrestling. Before Bret can escape backstage, Booker T grabs a microphone and calls Bret back. He refuses, shaking his head and replying that he is done for the night.

Booker T says that he knows how Bam Bam Bigelow is feeling. He’s been through the same bullshit. “You put a knife in my back just like you did to him. I don’t like this cat but I sure as hell hate you, Bret!” With the crowd cheering in support, Booker talks about Bret being part of the reason guys like the nWo are able to run wild in this company. It’s that selfishness that divides everyone else while the nWo are able to prosper. “You tried to throw me to the wolves, Bret.”

With Bret now standing, looking back towards the ring, Booker T points at him and issues a challenge for a match at Souled Out. It’s time to settle this issue between them and the only way to deal with it is if they finally get to fight one on one. Booker wants the answer now, he wants Bret in six days and a chance to repay him for leaving him at Starrcade. “Walking out seems to be what you do best.” Bret snaps, he shouts back that he accepts and he’ll bet the brakes of Booker T. “I’m the best there is. You’re nothing but a street rat!” Bret heads to the back after accepting the challenge, the announcers are excited and Booker T fires up the crowd as we take a commercial break.

**Commercial Break**

Following the commercial break, we return with an empty ring. The announcers are unsure of what is happening until we see LEX LUGER walking out to the ring, without music, holding a microphone and demanding that Hogan show his face. He has had enough of this waiting game and Hollywood cannot hide any longer. Luger says that in six days he will finally get to return to the ring, to hear the crowd chant his name when the lights are on bright and to get his hands on Hogan.

Luger talks about Hogan sending his nephew out to the ring last week, like that would intimidate himself. “It was a cheap ploy and I expect nothing less from you, Hogan.” At this point, the famous guitar rift hit and out came HOLLYWOOD HOGAN himself (well, that’s not exactly true as he was followed by Horace Hogan). Luger asked if this was a mirage, Hogan couldn’t actually be standing in front of him considering that Hogan hid like a spoilt child last week.

Hogan laughs at the notion that he was hiding from Luger. It’s absurd and at Souled Out he’s going to beat Luger so easily he won’t even break a sweat. Horace agrees, telling Luger that he isn’t half the athlete that is uncle is and this Sunday it’s the end of the line for the Total Package. Hogan then states that he is a busy man, running the most successful wrestling organization (nWo) in history takes a lot of time and saving WCW from idiots like Luger is a time-consuming business in of itself.

Luger calls Hogan delusional if he thinks that the nWo is actually good for this company. Hogan counters by pointing out that the building is sold-out, fans around the working are begging for World Championship Wrestling to host shows in their arena – “it’s all because of the nWo!” That doesn’t sit well with Luger or the announcers. Luger says that it’s in spite of the nWo that the company is thriving. It’s because of the fans, those who still haven’t given up hope that someday, the nWo will be defeated.

“That day will never come, Luger.” Hogan tells Lex that he is blind with envy. A jealous lover who was kicked out of the house and is now scratching on the front door. “You got kicked to the curbed like just another one of these idiots here tonight.” The two opponents for Sunday get a little closer, Lex telling Hogan that the last thing he wants is to be associated with the nWo. Hogan laughs, saying that Lex knows that is a lie. Hollywood turns to his nephew and is given a fresh nWo t-shirt.

“Right here, Lex. You take this and you can be back in the group. Swear your loyalty to me and the nWo, and you can have it all – brother!”

Hogan extends the shirt… Luger takes it and holds it in his hands. The fans are horrified at the idea, begging Luger to stay true to himself and not accept the token gift. Hogan explains that Luger has shown a lot since the reformation of the nWo. He hasn’t fallen into a pit like some of the others who were booted from the group. Luger become even better, Hogan sees this and with Hogan’s teachings, Luger could become even better still. Weighing his options, Luger stares at Hogan and then rips the shirt in half!

With a fire inside him, Luger tells Hogan that no matter the tricks he plays, nothing will stop the beating of a lifetime coming at Souled Out. “You’re not getting out of this match, Hogan!” Suddenly, Horace Hogan jumps Lex and begins to beat him down. It’s two on one, the Hogan’s are hammering away on the Total Package… when Lex fights back and cracks Hollywood in the mouth. Down goes Hollywood Hogan, and Horace soon follows as Lex clotheslines him to the canvas.

Luger looks down as Hollywood scrambles to his hands and knees. Begging for mercy, shaking his head and saying he didn’t mean anything bad by his actions. He made a mistake all those months ago. Pleading for his life, Hogan tells Luger that he can trust him. Lex isn’t having any of it as he raises his fist ready to nail Hogan one more time, but Horace rushes over and sacrifices himself to protect his uncle. Hollywood escapes to the outside and runs away, fleeing like a coward as Lex hammers away on Horace Hogan.

Hollywood looks back into the ring, Lex holds Horace by the arm and tells Hogan to come save his nephew. Not even a second passes before Hollywood shakes his head, he will not save his nephew… so Lex lifts him up and applies the Torture Rack for the second week in a row. Horace is tapping out madly, Hollywood Hogan not moving an inch as he watches his nephew scream out in pain. Schiavone is losing his mind on the live call about Hogan being the biggest coward he has ever seen to let your own family suffer for your deeds. The segment comes to an end with Luger throwing Horace to the outside, he rips his own shirt off and climbs a turnbuckle and poses, pointing at Hogan and reminding him that this is the fate that awaits him at Souled Out.

Backstage, Diamond Dallas Page is seen walking the hallway of the arena when he comes upon a closed door. The camera pans up to reveal a name on the door, drawing a big pop from the crowd, and a shriek from Mike Tenay. The name on the door reads GOLDBERG and DDP knocks three times. He gets no response so he knocks a second time. Once again, radio silence from Goldberg, who we assume is inside the locker-room. Finally, DDP goes to knock a third time but stops and tries the doorknob, the door opens and Page walks right into the locker-room.

That’s all we see, Schiavone and Tenay speculate on what this could mean, especially after Goldberg was destroyed by the nWo last week and nobody came to his aid. Tenay says that this could be a good thing for WCW if two of the biggest stars formed an alliance to fight off the nWo. Schiavone agrees however he wonders about the egos of top stars like Page and Goldberg getting in the way of the best interest and the ultimate goal of ridding the company of the New World Order.

**Commercial Break**

Match Four
    Billy Kidman, Kenny Kaos & Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko, Kanyon & Eddie Guerrero

Following the slow start in terms of wrestling for Nitro, we get the second long tag team match of the night with three feuds for Souled Out being highlighted. At ringside, not in the match itself, is Rick Steiner supporting Kenny Kaos for the good guys. On the opposite side, Raven is sulking around the ring while Kanyon competes and Chavo Guerrero Jr. is lurking around supporting his uncle, Eddie. The match gets underway with Kidman and Guerrero clashing in a rivalry of the past. Eddie is aggressive, showboating towards Rey that this is what he awaits him on Sunday. As expected, Kidman counters following Eddie’s over the top antics and the good guys storm the ring as the heels try to do the same. The interaction between opponents at Souled Out is very limited, Kidman rarely matches up with Malenko, Kaos barely touches Kanyon and Mysterio never gets his hands on Guerrero. The action is fast paced, at one point we get a spot where Kaos and Kidman are trading shots with Guerrero and Kanyon on the outside of the ring. It’s chaos and in that chaos, Mysterio dropkicks Malenko over the top rope and into the mess of men. Rey then sprints and leaps over the top rope onto everyone! The finish of the match came once everyone had returned to their corners, Kanyon and Kaos were legal – Malenko went to attack Kidman on the apron but Mysterio blocked him, executing an arm drag which sent Malenko to the outside, and hit a suicide dive to follow up. Guerrero rushed into the ring afterwards, trying to double team Kaos with Kanyon but Kidman stopped him and they spilled to the outside. With it now being a singles match, Kanyon whips Kaos into the corner, however Kaos jumps and springboards back with a clothesline! He covers Kanyon for the three count.
    Winners:
    Billy Kidman, Kenny Kaos & Rey Mysterio Jr. @ 10:11

Following the end of the match, the faces celebrate in the ring – all of them shaking hands and having their arms raised by the referee to the applause of the crowd. The Guerrero’s leave together, Chavo helping his uncle to the back, while Malenko shoves people out of the way and to the ground as he leaves through the crowd. Kanyon rolls to the outside where Raven stares blankly at him. Looking up at his partner, Kanyon extends a hand for Raven to help him up but Raven sits down next to him and lowers his head.

The screen goes black and the nWo logo appears providing yet another public service announcement. This time it’s RANDY SAVAGE and KONNAN interviewing each other with quick cuts between questions. They have a projector in the background with images of the beaten from last week on Goldberg. Savage can’t contain his laughter, the camera zooming in and out on his face from different angles, and tells us that Goldberg bled a lot more than he expected.

Konnan talks about the steel cage and how Goldberg doesn’t know about the pain that the steel can bring. When you’re in the ring with a legend like Randy Savage (which draws a too sweet), you simply cannot match his experience with pure aggression. Konnan talks about having wrestled all over the world, he has forgotten more than Goldberg has ever and will ever know. Before Goldberg was even in the business, Konnan was selling out arenas and he built the foundation of wrestling in Mexico to the powerhouse that it is today. They praise him in his homeland, children worship Konnan at night and women throw themselves at his feet.

More clips of the beatdown, Savage talks about nobody coming to help Goldberg last week. It shows just how pathetic Goldberg is… he’s alone while the nWo has each other’s back. One man couldn’t defeat a unit like the nWo. “When the cage door locks, I’ll show you true madness!”

**Commercial Break**

N-n-new
    New
    New New
    New
    World
    Order

**ROCKHOUSE**

It’s main event time, the fans are hyped and the nWo make their way out to the ring. It’s the competitor, KONNAN, along with WCW World Heavyweight Champion KEVIN NASH, RANDY SAVAGE and THE GIANT. The four men draw great heat from the live crowd, the announcers infuriated as to why Konnan needed three of his buddies at ringside. Nash, Savage and The Giant surround the ring, Konnan takes the middle of the ring and demands that Goldberg get out here. Tenay points out how confident Konnan is when he is the one with three goons at ringside.

**INVASION**

With a police escort from his locker-room, through the smoke and flames of the entrance ramp – GOLDBERG steps into the fray. The crowd explodes, he hasn’t wrestled since Starrcade, and he has a look of rage etched on his face. The man was destroyed last week, left broken by the nWo, and now he has a chance to take out his frustration on one of the men who drew blood.

Match Five
    Konnan (w/nWo) vs. Goldberg

For the most part this is a storyline match rather than a competitive one. The influence of the nWo at ringside is highlighted, the four men all at one point getting involved. The Giant pulls Konnan to the outside saving him from a spear early on, Nash steps in the way of Goldberg as Konnan flees to the outside of the ring, and Savage grabs Goldberg’s foot while he attempts a suplex. It’s a complete farce that they are allowed to be out here, the announcers going off on it for the entire match. Goldberg has moments where he explodes and shows his amazing power, lifting the large Konnan up above his head and slamming him down to the mat. The finish of the match occurs when Konnan is hammering away on Goldberg, working the back as he has been the entire contest and he whips Goldberg into the ropes. Nash reaches up trying to nail Goldberg but he sees it coming and the former champion slides to the outside and begins fighting Kevin Nash! The nWo swarm him, the referee is forced to call a no contest and the match is over… but the fight has only just begun.
    Winner:
    No Contest @ 06:45

Goldberg and Nash are going at it at ringside, Goldberg is getting the best of the situation and he knocks the World Champ to the floor. The Giant comes over the grabs Goldberg, throws him into the steel steps and the nWo form a four-man squad. Savage stomps at Goldberg, shouting that he cannot defeat them and Konnan chokes him with two hands around the throat.

The nWo throw Goldberg into the ring, the announcers sitting in stunned silence that this is happening again and all they can do is watch on. Nash is giving orders, Konnan and The Giant grab steel chairs and they parade around the ring with them. Savage holds Goldberg in a full nelson, Nash standing front and centre as he wipes his mouth (a small cut on his lip from where Goldberg cracked him earlier now bleeding).

Nash slaps Goldberg across the face, he laughs and says that this will always happen. Animals like Goldberg don’t play well with others and the nWo will always have the numbers. Nash takes aim with a steel chair… only for Goldberg to power out and shoulder tackle Nash! The nWo rush him, Goldberg spin kicks Konnan in the face, he blocks a chair shot with his forearm and rips it from The Giant’s hands.

From the entrance chute…

Diamond Dallas Page, Chris Jericho and Roddy Piper rush down to the ring.

Reinforcements have arrived and the arena is going wild, the announcers cannot believe it and now the nWo has been equalled. All four men battle alongside each other, the nWo is forced to retreat at the demand of Kevin Nash. They hurry over the barricade as Goldberg and the reinforcements take control of the ring, Nash looking on in disbelief at what he is seeing.

Schiavone and Tenay praise the reinforcements, saying that this is exactly what we need to see if the nWo are to be defeated. This war cannot be won if WCW is divided. Wounds of the past must be put aside… however that’s easier said than done.

GOLDBERG SPEARS DDP!!!!!!!!

Goldberg spears Diamond Dallas Page
    in the middle of the ring, driving his shoulder into DDP’s ribs and he may have broken something. Everyone is stunned, Piper rushes over and gets in Goldberg’s face, “what the hell are you doing?” Piper pokes Goldberg in the chest, he slaps him in the face, yelling that they came to help him and then storms across the ring to help Page.

Goldberg grabs Piper and knees him in the stomach, whips him into the ropes and spears him.

Two of the three reinforcements have been flattened by Goldberg. They have been broken by the man they came to help. The fans don’t know how to react, the nWo are watching from the crowd in a stunned silence themselves – they don’t know what to make of it. It’s an implosion of World Championship Wrestling’s top stars.

Goldberg looks over at Jericho… “Do you want to try it?” Thinking twice, Jericho goes over to Page and Piper, checking on those two men while Goldberg exits the ring and grabs a microphone before making his way up the ramp. Upon reaching the top of the stage, Goldberg looks back, the damage he has done evident and the nWo now scattered throughout the crowd.

“I didn’t get help last week. I don’t want it now. Stay out of my way. I will do this alone.”

With that said, Goldberg drops the microphone and heads to the back. The camera switches to a shot of the nWo, Nash is smiling – WCW has fractured itself and the top stars can’t mount a united effort against them. This is exactly what the nWo wants and the announcers agree that this could mean bad things for the future. The final shot of the show is Diamond Dallas Page struggling back to his feet, holding his ribs as he looks up at the ramp where Goldberg once stood and he says…

“We came too late.”

END OF SHOW

Quick Results

Spoiler:

The Giant def. La Parka
    Kevin Nash def. Brian Adams
    Booker T & Ric Flair def. Bret Hart & Bam Bam Bigelow
    Billy Kidman, Kenny Kaos & Rey Mysterio Jr. def. Dean Malenko, Kanyon & Eddie Guerrero
    Goldberg vs. Konnan - No Contest

Current Card for Souled Out ~ January 17th, 1999
    WCW World Heavyweight Title: Kevin Nash (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page
    WCW Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman (c) vs. Dean Malenko
    WCW World Tag Team Titles: Kanyon & Raven (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Kenny Kaos
    Steel Cage: Goldberg vs. Randy Savage
    Hair or Mask: Eddie Guerrero (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
    Hollywood Hogan vs. Lex Luger
    Booker T vs. Bret Hart
    Chris Jericho vs. The Giant
    Last edited by EZ3; 02-11-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Black Mass

Status
      Country                    United States

Monday Nitro review -

--- Perfect way to begin Nitro with the big main event feud. DDP was always electric and you really captured his essence as the people's champ perfectly. Him fighting for the fans and for WCW is the way it should be. I'm really rooting for him to get the dub at Souled Out though I'm not sure it'll happen.
    --- The Giant’s actions in his match with La Parka were really well executed. It was a great way to add some storyline progression into what would otherwise be a simple squash. The interaction after the match was also well done. I'm hoping you don't lose Jericho and The Giant to WWF.
    --- Epic Eddie segment lol. Some great quotes in there, I could imagine it being a pretty funny promo.
    --- Wow, keeping the hits coming with the Kidman/Malenko confrontation. This really has me looking forward to their clash and I'm pleased to see the Cruiserweight division get this spotlight.
    --- Wrath vs Piper sounds nuts.
    --- Kanyon and Raven are two of my personal favorites from this time period. Awesome segment and some more comic relief. This kind of stuff works great as a recurring segment, it would definitely keep me interested.
    --- Nice long tag match, I can dig it. I also like Booker getting the win even if it was a little bit tainted. He and The Hitman should have a nice match at Souled Out and I'll be interested to see if Hart comes around to helping out WCW or defects to the nWo.
    --- Lex came across really well in this promo. He was uncharacteristically coherent but I'll disregard that. I didn't care too much for either of them between the ropes but I'm sure you'll do their match justice and I look forward to it.
    --- Six man tag was a good way to push forward three feuds at once as we close in on Souled Out. Good call.
    --- Ditto on the main event. The epic eight man brawl when used in moderation can be a beauty. The twist at the end really was the cherry on top of this awesome show and in my opinion a brilliant call. First of all, I didn't see it coming. But it's a great move because of what happened last week and because Goldberg is really more of a lone wolf anyways. On top of all that, keeping Goldberg off of team WCW allows the struggle to carry on longer and makes it more special if he does finally align with his fellow WCW guys in the future. Great booking and great writing throughout sir, bravo!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Wow is all I can say man. I've skimmed this thread for the past couple weeks now, but I finally really delved in and read your last show in it's entirety. First off, I just want to say that the description you use is absolutely impeccable and even the slightest little bit of characterization like, "Nash kissing the belt" or Malenko refusing to look at Kidman...it adds so much to the presentation. All your feuds have been built up perfectly too. There isn't one match on the Souled Out card that I am not looking forward to, even the undercard has been built up to be a big deal. The Kanyon/Raven stuff was fucking hilarious, and I can picture Raven in all of those spots with the over excited Kanyon. I always thought Kanyon was extremely misused once he got up to the WWE, and this is a perfect representation of that. I really liked the Booker/Bret stuff as well. Booker relates everything back to him and how selfish Bret is leaving the war zone anytime that he feels it isn't going to positively affect him. I was waiting on Bret to finally snap after Booker T was drilling him on being a selfish prick, and it finally came! lol "street rat!" hahaha that's fucking awesome. Their match is gonna be a show stealer this Sunday, because Bret is the perfect veteran to put with Booker T...especially if you're planning on rising Booker T up to the main event scene. You have all your characters pegged perfectly and everything that is being said and done is believable with not TOO MUCH on the show to where it feels like hot shotting. I always feel like that's a problem I struggle with sometimes is hot shotting angles, which is probably why my WCW project hasn't picked up like the ECW project I used to do (because ECW at least was known and famous for that) But you do it perfectly man, and the spears at the end by Goldberg....wow. I like that you're just not throwing Goldberg into the WCW mix and actually letting his character thrive in an environment that he definitely is suited for. Goldberg should be left out as an anomaly, at least for the time being so that he doesn't just become stale and a part of WCW. It also opens up a lot for the future with not just Goldberg going up against the NWO, but Goldberg having beef with any of the other WCW guys that he obviously isn't aligned with. I can just imagine the promo Piper would cut after this when he came down to the ring to save Goldberg lol. That may be a good tid bit for Souled Out in a Piper interview. Obviously you don't want to take the heat off Piper's actual match and feud, but maybe a mentioning of Goldberg in an interview segment wouldn't be too half bad either.

Overall though, this was a classic classic example of how to progress a project and make everything on the program MEAN SOMETHING. Every feud has been built up perfectly, and I almost can't wait to see if Page can dethrone the arrogant jackass Kevin Nash at Souled Out. So glad you got Jericho in an important program as well, AND you are utilizing his segment GOLD he had in WCW 1998/99. Definitely have a reader in me though man, about as close to a 10/10 that is possible for a weekly show.

WCW 1991: A Line In The Sand

#wc4horsemen

Walking with Japan

Status
      Country                    Japan

For having so little time to build this title match, you’ve got me invested. Nash telling DDP that the nWo don’t view him as a concern was a nice direction to take, and will surely act as something to drive DDP on, whilst also showing the arrogance of the group to discount Page (as did Nash coming out alone). Typical Nash bullshit to turn down the offer of having the match tonight, but we never really expected it to happen. Good way to close out the promo too, not giving the Cutter away, but still managing to embarrass Nash, and plant the thought that maybe he does have concerns about DDP after all.

Jericho vs Giant getting confirmed for Souled Out was to be expected. Looking forward to seeing if Jericho can pull it off again against the seven footer. Can tell this is going to be a big go-home Nitro for the PPV given the start we’ve had here.

Enjoyed reading Guerreros protestations against putting his hair on the line, especially saying the Latino community couldn’t afford to lose his iconic mullet - when clearly Mysterios mask is something revered much more. Claiming Rey to be a fake too was funny. Fun segment all round.

The round table with Malenko and Kidman was fantastic. Felt like a build up for a real fight, and given the different setting for the promo, it stands out tremendously too. Malenko refusing to look at Kidman was a great little side angle too, further playing off the lack of respect Dean has for Billy. You’ve done an excellent job of building this match up in such a short period of time. Looking forward to seeing this match more than any at Souled Out tbh.

Piper vs Wrath being added to the PPV should be an indication of what you want to accomplish with Wrath. His title win came very much out of left field, but in the space of a little more than a week, he could end up with wins over Jericho & Piper. Guessing we’ll find out if it was a transitional reign or if you’ve plans for him. Even though it’s a cold match with no build, I’m still intrigued.

The star power of Nash at least makes it an interesting squash with a purpose to make Big Kev look like a champion ahead of Souled Out. Was what it needed to be.

The Kanyon/Raven vignette was highly entertaining. I’m a sucker for odd couple tag teams like this, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed everything you’ve done with these two thus far. Raven getting a high score by pressing a single button was the highlight for me. Not sure what the last little bit was about in terms of the flicker, but looking forward to seeing how it pans out. These two MUST remain champions.

I’ve already mentioned my dislike of Iaukea, but if you’ve got plans for him, I’m happy to see what you do with him to make him an interesting character.

As you said, big blockbuster tag match here. Obviously Booker & Bret are in the middle of their feud, and there’s issues with Flair and Bret too. Wondering then, with BBB seemingly with nothing important going on, if he’ll maybe end up in a short program with Flair to keep them both busy. Instead, seemingly from the match details, Bret is just making more enemies.

Bookers words after the match makes me wonder if Bret will continue to be an island on his own, or if maybe he will align with the nWo. Without a doubt, he’s the biggest heel outside of the group, and has clearly shown no interest in helping WCW overthrow the nWo, only interested in himself. That’s another huge match for Souled Out too. Brets final line after accepting the match was money; perfectly describes what he thinks of Booker compared to himself.

Was glad you had Hogan offer Luger a spot back in the nWo, as I was thinking during the start of the promo that HH had a solid point about Luger only wanting to fight the group because he was jealous that he got booted out. Luger ripping up the shirt kills that notion, so good job there. It might be the match I’m least anticipating for Souled Out, but that’s only because of the stellar line up you’ve got for us.

Big six man tag. Wasn’t expecting to see this match, but it’s a nice preview for three separate matches at Souled Out. Would’ve liked Kidman & Malenkos involvement in the show to have ended after the earlier sit down segment. That was perfect imo. Anyways, pleased that you noted the actual action between the people feuding was kept to a minimum. Kaos pinning Kanyon should hopefully mean Kanyon & Raven win at Souled Out.

Fine little old school nWo black and white promo to add a little more hype ahead of the cage match. Don’t think Savage will be as cocky when he’s locked in a cage with Goldberg.

With the nWo at ringside throughout the match, I have to wonder why Jericho, Page & Piper couldn’t have evened the numbers a little earlier than they did. Still, a big moment for the WCW guys to align ... except Goldberg just showed how much of a badass he is! Holy shit, that was a surprise- but a great one.

Goldberg looks like a total badass by spearing DDP after Page just did him a huge favour. A great twist, and further complicates any WCW union. Loved the end to this show, and even though it’s a stupid thing for him to do - it feels natural and totally something you could envisage Goldberg doing - even if it is to his own detriment ultimately.

Main Eventer

Status

Won't leave a full on review for this show EZ as I think Wolfy, EC and Charlemm have covered most bases but I will talk about the three things that I'm really liking.

Goldberg attacking the WCW guys This really stood out right at the end of the night as it's not something we expected... but maybe we should have. I'm a little worried for Goldberg at Souled Out now because his reaction to help might cost him against Savage if the numbers game somehow gets past the cage and handicaps Goldberg.

Kanyon & Raven These are my favourite characters. Polar opposite personas that seem to mesh together really well. I can see Kanyon eventually losing his patience with Raven, allowing us to see a truly evil Raven break free. An evil Raven against a heel Kanyon would be quite the feud.

Bret Hart's black heart The Hitman is making enemies by the week and unlike previously mentioned I'm not keen to see him align/join up with the nWo. I think this project needs more heels other than the New World Order and Bret is that perfect person.

Finally still waiting for Sting to make an appearance and wondering what will happen with The Giant in the near future considering in reality he was tossing Steve Austin into the side of a cage in early February.

Keep up the good work mate. Always a joy!!

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Okay so I've finally caught up with your shows dude and you're doing a great job. I'm enjoying the read.

I really love how you add the little details into things like the promo's and it makes a massive difference. I think you've got most of the characters locked down promo wise as well and you can pretty much picture it in your head as you're reading along.

The nWo is coming along nicely as well and they're starting to feel important again too me. Interesting dynamics in the group as well.

I like how the majority of the people seem to have a place as well. It feels like a lot of people have their own feuds and rivalries going on and it makes the whole show worth reading so kudos to you.

Very interested by the direction of Jericho and I'm unsure how it's going to go. I'd say my only negative in the shows so far was Jericho losing the Tv Championship. I understand why he lost, but I'm not sure Wrath is the right choice and I'd have done it differently.

I'll be reading along! Good job :D

I <3 This Man

Status

HEARTACHE

PREVIEW
    The final stop before Souled Out is right at the doorstep and the fans of World Championship Wrestling are at a fever pitch. The wrestling world was shocked last Monday when reinforcements from WCW drove the New World Order into retreat but fractures within WCW exposed themselves when Goldberg speared Diamond Dallas Page. The highly controversial breakdown between Goldberg and two of his fellow WCW stars; Page and Roddy Piper, has raised questions as to how WCW can defeat the nWo when they simply cannot get along. With Souled Out fast approaching, it seems that the nWo has a leg up on the competition since they are a cohesive unit. To further complicate things, Roddy Piper will challenge Wrath for the WCW World Television Title live on Thunder – how will the spear influence Piper’s ability to compete? Wrath is looking to secure his spot as one of the top stars in WCW, coming off dethroning Chris Jericho, and beating Roddy Piper just over a week later would certainly go a long way in cementing Wrath as a name to watch in the business.

Speaking of the WCW World Television Title – Thunder will play host to a gauntlet match to determine the number one contender for the title following the title match between Wrath and Piper. Five men will compete to earn a chance to face the winner of that match at some point after Souled Out. It has been confirmed by WCW officials that the WCW World Television Title will not be defended at Souled Out, which explains why the title match between Wrath and Piper is happening on Thunder. The five men competing for a chance to meet the champion are; Disco Inferno, Stevie Ray, Fit Finlay, Mike Enos and Buff Bagwell. Who will lock up a future title opportunity and propel their career into the next level as 1999 rages on?

He claims that the world is his canvas and that everyone else is just a collection of uninteresting, bland and stale ideas. The Artist, along with his bodyguard Meng, will be on Thursday Thunder this week after a confrontation with Psicosis dating back to the Nitro following Starrcade. It’s no secret that The Artist was furious about being exiled from the WCW Cruiserweight Title picture during the month of December and is now looking to seek vengeance on those who excelled while he was banished. Psicosis was attacked on Nitro by The Artist and Meng, done so in secret backstage, and returned last week to challenge The Artist. This week, The Artist and Psicosis will go one on one to settle their differences. Will The Artist deliver a taste of his unique creative genius or will Psicosis expose him as just a prince without a crown?

For weeks the team known as the Blue Bloods have been appearing in segments from a lavish mansion, trashing the tag division and demanding that they be recognized as the best team in the world. This week, ‘Lord’ Dave Taylor and ‘Earl’ Bobby Eaton clash with former rivals inside the squared circle.

We will hear from Rey Mysterio Jr. about his upcoming Hair vs. Mask match with Eddie Guerrero at Souled Out.

Confirmed Matches:
    WCW World Television Title
    Wrath vs. Roddy Piper

Gauntlet Match – WCW World TV Title Shot
    Disco Inferno vs. Stevie Ray vs. Fit Finaly vs. Mike Enos vs. Buff Bagwell

The Artist (w/Meng) vs. Psicosis

The Blue Bloods will compete in tag team action

Rey Mysterio Jr. to address his upcoming match with Eddie Guerrero

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Really looking forward to this final edition of Thunder before Souled Out. No HUGE names are really listed to compete but I'm still keen to see if there is any fallout after Goldberg went after Page and Piper on Nitro.

Outside of that, card looks okay. Nothing overly standing out as must see but the show should be fun nonetheless. Just can't wait to get to Souled Out to be honest. You really are doing a fantastic job with this so far though, keep it up.

I <3 This Man

Status

Thursday Thunder | January 14, 1999 | Richmond, Virginia

"HEARTACHE"

The final stop on the road towards Souled Out begins with a five-man gauntlet match for the number one contendership to the WCW World Television Title. It featured; DISCO INFERNO, STEVIE RAY, MIKE ENOS, BUFF BAGWELL and FIT FINLAY. The first pairing was Enos vs. Fit Finlay, which was won by Finlay by using the tights during a roll-up. The next man to enter was Bagwell and he was defeated by Finlay by count-out after being whipped into the crowd by the Irishman. Second to last to enter was Stevie Ray, he to faced the same end as the previous men with Finlay scoring the victory. Finally, it came down to a rematch from last week on Thunder where Disco Inferno wrestled Finlay. Eager to gain revenge, Finlay beat the brakes off Disco and dragged him around the ring while viciously assaulting him. The finish came with a surprise roll-up, Finlay being caught by surprise, Disco Inferno beat him for the second week in a row @ 08:32.

Switching to a video package, PSICOSIS was highlighted and he talked about his travels around the world. It was all in Spanish and had subtitles provided. Psicosis spoke about being attacked by The Artist and his associate, Meng. It was two on one, Psicosis never saw it coming but tonight is his chance for payback. His goal is to defeat The Artist and get back into the WCW Cruiserweight Title hunt.

In a pre-taped interview which is cited as being from immediately after Monday Nitro – GENE OKERLUND is shown with REY MYSTERIO JR. After some basic introductions, Okerlund asks Rey about what he is feeling with Souled Out on the horizon. The answer is simply relief. Mysterio Jr. talks about how Eddie Guerrero has been a black cloud hanging over his head for months, and it’s finally going to be over. One way or another, the rivalry will end, they’ll go their separate ways and Rey vows that he’ll be walking away with his mask. Gene and Rey discuss Guerrero claims that Mysterio Jr. is a fraud who has abused the luchador culture more than help grow it. Rey laughs it off, he says that Eddie is trying anything and everything to get inside his head. It will not work, Sunday is the end and Rey believes that Eddie knows he can’t beat Rey. That’s why Eddie wanted Rey in the LWO – it was to befriend him so they wouldn’t have to fight but Rey saw through it. Eddie is a liar and he’ll manipulate anyone he can. Okerlund asks Rey if he has any final words for Guerrero, to which Rey replies, “Everything has been said. I’ll let my actions speak for themselves this Sunday.”

Next up we saw the BLUE BLOODS defeat HUGH MORRIS & NORMAN SMILEY in a decent little match @ 04:53. The focus was to get the heels over with the crowd now that they are wrestling once again. The Blue Bloods cut a quick promo on the way down to the ring, Taylor talking about what an honour it is for these people to see true class like the Blue Bloods. A rare occurrence, for sure, said Bobby Eaton since Richmond is full individuals resembling pigs rather than humans.

*VIDEO PACKAGE*

A still image of a red and yellow Hulk Hogan shirt on a child’s bedroom table, it’s bright colours illuminating innocence.

“This right here is the New World Order of wrestling, brother!”

The shirt begins to decay, turning into dust as a breeze takes whole and leaves nothing in its place.

“I am the greatest wrestler of all time, Mean Gene.”

Shots of Hollywood Hogan using underhanded tactics to win various matches, including choking Roddy Piper with his thick leather belt.

“Without me this company would be in the ground.”

Clips of the New World Order, Hogan standing in front leading the pack, walking down to the ring and taunting fans.

“All these fans should get on their knees and worship me, brother! I am God!”

Scott Hall heads to the ring with great confidence; Hall hits the Razor’s Edge in the middle of the ring.

“You thought the nWo was dead?”

Flashes of Scott Steiner, Konan and The Giant dominating the competition, wearing the colours of the New World Order.

“Dead? You can’t kill what is IMMORTAL!”

Shots of Hulk Hogan, the red and yellow… it slowly is overtaken by a black and white effect which covers the screen; a flash of light occurs and suddenly he is fully in Hollywood Hogan form.

“Hulkamania lives forever? No, the nWo lives forever!”

Each of the previously mentioned nWo members are shown laughing into the camera.

“Well… let me… tell you… something… brother.”

A final shot of Hollywood Hogan is shown, a close up of his face as he has a big grin on his face.

“Hulkamania is dead.”

January 17, 1999 - Charleston, West Virginia
    World Championship Wrestling Presents

SOULED OUT ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW

In the backstage area, RODDY PIPER spoke with GENE OKERLUND about his match with Wrath for the WCW World Television Championship. Piper said that he had all this built up aggression just sitting around in him, ready to be released and this poor guy, Wrath, was on the short end of the stick. Piper said he was a little sore after Nitro, Goldberg spearing him didn’t do him any favours but Piper came up in an era where if you broke your leg than you better learn to fight off your back because you never take time to rest. This was an opportunity that Piper wasn’t going to let slip through his fingers.

THE ARTIST defeated PSICOSIS with the help of MENG @ 06:11. Psicosis got in some offense to start the contest and was beating TAFKA pretty concisely until Meng got involved. With Meng letting his presence be known on the outside, The Artist was able to take control of the match and work Psicosis over. The finish came with The Artist pulling off a turnbuckle pad, the referee was distracted and went to put it back on, which allowed Meng to rush the ring and hit a Samoan Drop on Psicosis. The Artist simply made the cover and scored the pin.

A vignette is played involving the number one contenders for the WCW World Tag Team Titles – RICK STEINER and KENNY KAOS. It’s a workout montage of them lifting heavy weights, doing sprints up stairs, pushing large crates and doing some boxing on a punching bag. Throughout the montage we see small interview segments where one of the two men would be standing to the side cutting a promo on Kanyon and Raven. While Kaos is running up some stairs, he can be heard shouting that this team is faster and strong than the champions. While Steiner is holding several hundred pounds of weight above his head, his eyes focused, he glares into the camera before dropping it. Steiner approaches the camera and says that they are ready to get their titles back, they’ve been training, they are better than ever and they are united. The final bit of the vignette shows Steiner and Kaos pulling a large truck together – straps over their shoulders, the two men drag the track from a starting point to the finish. The segment comes to an end with Kaos and Steiner slapping hands and looking directly into the camera.

In the main event of the evening, WRATH defeated RODDY PIPER to retain the WCW World Television Championship @ 10:54. The finish came through pure power as Wrath nailed The Meltdown (Pumphandle Slam) for the three count. They had brawled all around ringside before the opening bell, little to no rest holds, and a fast-paced match even in Piper’s old age.

The show cut backstage following the main event, we saw STEVIE RAY walking to his car when BRET HART jumped out of a nearby vehicle and assaulted him with a crowbar. Hart beat Stevie Ray senseless, throwing him into a car at one point and trying to smash his head through a window. Thunder came to a close with Bret Hart telling Stevie to thank his brother for that before fleeing the scene.

END OF SHOW

Quick Results
    Spoiler:

Disco Inferno def. Mike Enos, Buff Bagwell, Stevie Ray & Fit Finlay
    Blue Bloods def. Hugh Morris & Norman Smiley
    TAFKA Prince Iaukea def. Psicosis
    WCW World Television Title: Wrath def. Roddy Piper

Current Card for Souled Out – Sunday, January 17, 1999
    WCW World Heavyweight Title: Kevin Nash (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page
    WCW Cruiserweight Title: Billy Kidman (c) vs. Dean Malenko
    WCW World Tag Team Titles: Kanyon & Raven (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Kenny Kaos
    Steel Cage: Goldberg vs. Randy Savage
    Hair or Mask: Eddie Guerrero (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
    Booker T vs. Bret Hart

That's it for the build to Souled Out! I'll post a quick preview tomorrow along with opening up predictions for the event itself. Very pleased with how the road to Souled Out has been received and I hope everyone enjoys the pay-per-view. As I've said previously, Souled Out is 100% completed and in the bank. I'll release it on the 27th, so eight days. That way I can get a little further into the Super Brawl build as it is taking longer than I had expected regarding a specific show.

NO PREDICTIONS YET PLEASE

Backyarder

Status

I like the push that Disco is getting. He was very underrated and one hell of a character and your have him slotted in the right spot with the TV title hunt. I like the pairing of Artist and Meng, really makes sense and I could see them play off each other very well. I am excited to read the match between Guerrero and Mysterio jr. I also like that you are paying proper respect to a match vs. hair match. I kind of hope Rey keeps his mask. I hope a Blue Bloods push is in order. Are Smiley and Morrus a normal team or where they just placed together for this show? I am just catching up on this thread. Not sure If I could imagine Piper in real life challenging for the TV title, I just feel he is higher up in his career, unless there is a storyline reason behind it. I hope you get a partner for PSICOSIS soon. I hope even more it is the chairman of WCW, LA PARKA. Cool little vignette to get over the tag division. Kanyon and Raven are cool as a tag team. Wish that had been done more in real life WCW. Wrath winning is the right move and him defeating an established talent is a good thing. I take back my previous comment about Piper in the TV title match. Good angle to end the show with Bret going after his opponents brother. Cant wait to see the reply attack from Booker. One thing I saw in your run down of Souled Out…it should be Mask vs. Hair not Mask or Hair.

I <3 This Man

Status

Souled Out Re: Death of the New World Order

World Championship Wrestling
    Souled Out
    Charleston Civic Center in Charleston, West Virginia
    January 17, 1999

THE PREVIEW

The very first pay-per-view of the year has finally arrived and after weeks of anticipation, the biggest stars in World Championship Wrestling will collide on the grand stage. Souled Out will play host to a total of eight exciting matches and three of those will see titles defended. The stakes are high, it’s nWo vs. WCW – the start of the new year and the only place to see it is on pay-per-view.

It may have only been made official two weeks ago but the World Title match between nWo member, Kevin Nash, and Diamond Dallas Page has been gaining momentum amongst fans. The New World Order knows the value of controlling the WCW World Heavyweight Title and will stop at nothing to retain the gold. The challenger has fought through overwhelming odds just to get this chance. Can DDP overcome the nWo and a possible rib injury sustained at the hands of Goldberg on Nitro?

Some have called it the best cruiserweight rivalry in years – Kidman vs. Malenko. In a match that dates back to early December, Billy Kidman will meet Dean Malenko at Souled Out for the WCW Cruiserweight Title. This match is not just about the gold, it’s personal as Malenko has targeted the knee of Kidman – looking not just to win the belt but to put the champion on the injured list. Nobody has ever escaped the kneebar once Dean Malenko has it locked in. Can Billy Kidman dig down deep and prove to the world that he is truly the fighting champion he claims to be or will the Ice Man finally hold the title he has coveted for months?

The resident odd-couple of World Championship Wrestling haven’t been working well together in recent weeks. Arguments and frustration by Kanyon have seen the WCW World Tag Team Champions looking fractured compared to their challengers at Souled Out. The former champions, Steiner and Kaos, have been in top form, training and coming together in preparation for their rematch. Will Kanyon and Raven shock everyone like at Starrcade and find a way to gain victory over the more cohesive team? Or will Rick Steiner and Kenny Kaos reclaim the titles they believe they should’ve never lost?

The sound of the steel cage door closing is rarely heard in professional wrestling. It’s not a sound that competitors ever want to hear but for two men, they are ready to hear that sound more than ever. Goldberg and Randy Savage will clash inside a fifteen-foot-high steel cage to settle the score dating back to Starrcade. Last month, Savage returned and cost Goldberg not just his undefeated streak but also the WCW World Heavyweight Title. At Souled Out, Goldberg finally gets his hands on Savage and the nWo member will have nowhere to run. After weeks of build, the cage door will finally be locked and madness will run wild.

The final encounter – Guerrero versus Mysterio Jr. at Souled Out is one of the most anticipated matches on the card. After an incredible match at Starrcade, Guerrero failed to recover from the defeat and has continued his obsession with the masked luchador. Tonight, Guerrero puts his hair on the line for a chance to remove Rey Mysterio Jr’s mask, looking to expose the luchador as a fraud. Mysterio Jr. has agreed to risk his most prized possession, his mask, all for a shot to rid himself of Eddie Guerrero and to move on with his life. This will be the final time they meet for the foreseeable future – who will win?

No single man has had a bigger impact on the world of professional wrestling than Hollywood Hogan. The man behind the nWo, the face of a generation and tonight he enters the ring once again to do battle with a fierce rival. After months of sitting on the sideline, Lex Luger returns to in-ring action against Hogan. This feud dates back to the day Hogan returned and reunited the New World Order as one unit. In the process, Luger was kicked out and injured. That injury would see him forced to miss Starrcade, and all the while, Hogan has been soaking in the spoils. After multiple confrontations in recent weeks, these two men will collide in a blockbuster match.

They were tag team partners last month at Starrcade but that alliance is dead in the water. Booker T and Bret Hart fought side by side against the New World Order but when push came to shove, Bret ran for the hills and left Booker T by himself. For weeks, Booker T has chased Bret Hart and demanded a match with him. This past week, Booker T made an official challenge which Bret accepted when insulted multiple times. This feud got even more personal this past episode of Thunder when Bret Hart attacked Booker T’s brother, Stevie Ray, with a crowbar and left him lying in a parking lot. Will Booker T take revenge for Bret’s actions or will the Hitman find a way to steal a victory?

In a rematch from Starrcade, Chris Jericho and The Giant will meet once again. Last month they battled over the WCW World Television Title and this time no titles are on the line, it’s all personal. Having cost Jericho the WCW World Television Title, The Giant went a step further as he chokeslammed Ralphus off the stage and into electrical equipment. Having seen his close friend sent to the hospital, Jericho has been on a mission to get justice and demanded that this rematch be made. The Giant wanted it and got it, he has a second chance to prove that Jericho’s win at Starrcade was a fluke. Can The Giant undo his loss to Jericho or will Chris Jericho cement his status as the Giant Slayer?

SOULED OUT PREDICTION CONTEST

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match:
    Kevin Nash (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page

WCW Cruiserweight Championship Match:
    Billy Kidman (c) vs. Dean Malenko

WCW World Tag Team Championships Match:
    Kanyon & Raven (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Kenny Kaos

Steel Cage Match:
    Goldberg vs. Randy Savage

Luchas de Apuestas | Hair vs. Mask Match:
    Eddie Guerrero (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Grudge Match:

Singles Match:
    Booker T vs. Bret Hart

Starrcade Rematch:

~BONUS QUESTIONS~

Will the nWo gain a new member at Souled Out? If yes, who?
    What will be the longest match of the night?
    What will be the shortest match of the night?
    Which match will close the show?

LRH Tech Support Unit

Status

(* My predicted winner.)

Kevin Nash (c)* vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Billy Kidman (c) vs. Dean Malenko*

Kanyon & Raven (c)* vs. Rick Steiner & Kenny Kaos

Steel Cage Match:
    Goldberg* vs. Randy Savage

Eddie Guerrero (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.*

Grudge Match:
    Hollywood Hogan* vs. Lex Luger

Singles Match:
    Booker T vs. Bret Hart*

Starrcade Rematch:
    Chris Jericho vs. The Giant*

~BONUS QUESTIONS~

Will the nWo gain a new member at Souled Out? If yes, who? No
    What will be the longest match of the night?
    T vs. Bret
    Hogan vs. Luger(If you book this one for more than 12 minutes then you should lose your BTB license! Originally said 15 minutes...shame on me!)
    Cage match
    Last edited by vadermania; 02-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.

The Boneless

Status
      Country                    Canada

Haven't gotten a chance to read through this yet, but I hear nothing but great things so I am looking forward to diving into this with Souled Out!! Here are the blindest predictions ever haha.

Kevin Nash (c)

Billy Kidman (c)

Kanyon & Raven (c)

Steel Cage Match:
    Goldberg

Rey Mysterio Jr.

Grudge Match:
    Hollywood Hogan

Singles Match:
    Bret Hart

Starrcade Rematch:
    The Giant

~BONUS QUESTIONS~

Will the nWo gain a new member at Souled Out? If yes, who? No
    What will be the longest match of the night? Mysterio Guerrero
    What will be the shortest match of the night? Goldberg Savage
    Which match will close the show? Goldberg Savage

Curtain Jerker

Status

Billy Kidman (c) vs. Dean Malenko

Kanyon & Raven (c) vs. Rick Steiner & Kenny Kaos

Steel Cage Match:
    Goldberg vs. Randy Savage

Eddie Guerrero (w/Chavo Guerrero Jr.) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Grudge Match:

Singles Match:
    Booker T vs. Bret Hart

Starrcade Rematch:

~BONUS QUESTIONS~

Will the nWo gain a new member at Souled Out? If yes, who? No.

What will be the longest match of the night? Kevin Nash (c) vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Thread Information