Thread: Wrestling Resolutions 2018

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Wrestling Resolutions 2018

Anyone got any New Years Resolutions that relate to their wrestling fandom? I have some, some to do with WC, some not so much

As a fan:

• Watch less current wrestling, watch more old wrestling. As things stand at the moment the only wrestling I'm interested in watching are wXw, NXT, WWE pay-per-views and the top half of New Japan pay-per-views. I have a growing interest in NOAH, but I'm not sure if that'll hold. I have completely cut Raw and SD out of my wrestling diet which frees up plenty hours in a week. I had a lot of fun last year diving into classic All Japan and educating myself on Stan Hansen and I want to do more of that in 2018.
    • Attend a live show. Dates didn't fall kindly for me this year in attending my annual WWE show in Manchester so I didn't get to go to any shows in 2017. It is ridiculous however that the likes of Pentagon JR, Kenny Omega, CIMA and all the big names in Britwres wrestled in Wolverhampton this year for Fight Club Pro and I couldn't motivate myself to go to those shows 20 minutes from my house.

As WC Owner:

• Encourage more discussion on older wrestling. I'm not sure if that means a return of the match year lists, a return of the Saturday Night's Main Event thing where we all watch the same match, or a brand new concept. It seems odd these things used to be all the rage on WC when we didn't have half the access to footage that we have now. I think we're due a revival.
    • Finish the Greatest Ever Wrestlecrap List which I'm incredibly lazy at updating and lost motivation for months ago.
    • Do my Top 100 matches of 2017 thread (that's a definite, probably will start mid January)
    • Finally do something with the wrestling Hall of Fame so it actually means a little more when we vote on it each year. I was thinking a thread not too dissimilar to our BTB Legends thread with a post on each inductee, short bio, recommend matches, links to other threads about them etc. I've put some ground work into it behind the scenes, but it's a huge task because there's like 30 inductees now.
    • Enjoy it more. 2018 might be my last full year running the site, it's pretty low down in my priorities now and I'd rather spend it enjoying the place and not getting into petty arguments.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: Wrestling Resolutions 2018

You should watch more classic All Japan, get yourself watching Toshiaki Kawada.

Mine:
    Watch some old NWA. Watch more Big Japan. Try and watch more Hiroyo Matsumoto since I missed almost all of her great matches last year.
    Last edited by MC 16; 01-01-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Might watch more NOAH in 2018 since it’s been getting so much praise at the end of 2017.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

For me it's to watch a wider variety of wrestling as i've pretty much stuck to WWE & Impact in recent years so do need to broaden my horizons again.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Going to watch more PROGRESS and NOAH, going to try and sit through an entire episode of 205 Live and going to be nicer to Young Bucks fans.

BTB Legend

Status

Wrestling Resolutions 2018

As a fan: I want to use the new year as the impetus to watch more current wrestling. My usual habit is to watch bits and pieces, the occasional match or angle based on my own interest or what kind of reaction it gets online. In that vein, I am going to try and start watching NXT regularly. I’m also intending to watch New Japan more regularly, as well as All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH. I’m probably not going to be watching ROH as their style of wrestling is not something I’m interested in. Well, maybe it’s not the style but the quality of the workers. In any event, ROH is just not for me.

As a part of WC: I’m going to try and contribute more to various wrestling threads, as well as work my way through the rest of my Best of 2016 thread. There are plenty of matches still to be watched, and there are actually plenty of match reviews still to be posted.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

As a fan: I really want to watch more NJPW, DDT and BJW going forward into 2018. Now 2 outta 3 I can see and find shows all the time, but with all the chaos going on with me right now it's hard to find time to watch the shows, with the back of mind of where I'm going to live at tomorrow or next week so yeah lol.

As a WC Member: I want to get back on the Real Women of Genius Thread. I have a ton of Matches saved up to watch it's just the right time and place to watch them. I want to get more people watching Impact with me in 2018, it saddens me to watch it by myself, but who knows maybe with a new addition of members flowing it that might change.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

People's Champion

Status

I'm going to try and watch more old school NWA/WCW and old WWF. Basically 1980 to 2006.

I'm actually thinking of doing a review thread but I'll do it wrecked. And I will leave it as is. It may be entertaining...

I'll be over rating everything and ranting

But I'm not into committement
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Brick Shithouse

Status

As a fan:
    Re-watch ROH from 2002-2009. Seen most of it already but I watched it in quite a funny order and didn't watch shows chronologically. It's also my favourite time of wrestling ever.
    Save up for Wrestlemania in the next couple of years. Will be tricky as I'm saving up for a house, but it's always been high on my "to do before I die" list.
    In terms of content I haven't seen before: Pre-1995 WWF, pre-1995 WCW (1989 and 1992 excluded), Memphis, AWA.

On here:
    Finish my top 100 matches of the decade that I'm going to resume at the weekend, but lacked the motivation in the last few months.

Would love to help with any discussions on older wrestling and any potential revival of Saturday Night's Main Event. Like you said, Ed, it seems a shame to let the fact we have so much access to wrestling go to waste.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    As a fan:
    Re-watch ROH from 2002-2009. Seen most of it already but I watched it in quite a funny order and didn't watch shows chronologically. It's also my favourite time of wrestling ever.
    Save up for Wrestlemania in the next couple of years. Will be tricky as I'm saving up for a house, but it's always been high on my "to do before I die" list.
    In terms of content I haven't seen before: Pre-1995 WWF, pre-1995 WCW (1989 and 1992 excluded), Memphis, AWA.

On here:
    Finish my top 100 matches of the decade that I'm going to resume at the weekend, but lacked the motivation in the last few months.

Would love to help with any discussions on older wrestling and any potential revival of Saturday Night's Main Event. Like you said, Ed, it seems a shame to let the fact we have so much access to wrestling go to waste.

ROH 2003- end of 2008 is my favourite era in wrestling. I'd totally join you on a rewatch
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    As a fan:
    Rumours are a ROH network is coming in the first quarter of the new year. I'm hoping it does because it's a blind spot in my 2000s wrestling knowledge.

Awesome. I think a return for Saturday Night's Main Event is very likely to happen. I think there's more chance of members joining in on that concept than bringing back THE LISTS which takes a lot of time to take part in.

Brick Shithouse

Status

The beauty of the SNME idea is that its not just for watching older wrestling. It's a great place for people to recommend newer matches that someone like me wouldn't usually go and watch.

I didn't hear no bell!!

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I think I'll have to jump on the NJPW bandwagon this year. There's just been too much buzz around the promotion to keep ignoring it. Might ditch the UFC Fight Pass subscription for NJPWorld, though I've heard the service is pretty frustrating to navigate.

As a member here, I'll be looking to be consistent in the BTB section after an on/off year in 2017. Bought the premium membership with the intention that if I'm paying for premium here, then hopefully I'll be more motivated to stay active.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    I think I'll have to jump on the NJPW bandwagon this year. There's just been too much buzz around the promotion to keep ignoring it. Might ditch the UFC Fight Pass subscription for NJPWorld, though I've heard the service is pretty frustrating to navigate.

As a member here, I'll be looking to be consistent in the BTB section after an on/off year in 2017. Bought the premium membership with the intention that if I'm paying for premium here, then hopefully I'll be more motivated to stay active.
    If you have any queries on navigating the New Japan World network, be sure to ask them in the NJPW Forum on the site and I'm sure some of the guys more familiar with the service can point you in the right direction.

Suplex Repeat

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Anyone got any New Years Resolutions that relate to their wrestling fandom? I have some, some to do with WC, some not so much
    Since I just subscribed to NJPW World, I would like to watch more New Japan this year. I want to learn more about the company's history and actually follow it instead of catching matches or clips on youtube here and there.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

As a fan:
    - Attend a live show. Been wanting to go to the annual WWE Australian tour every year but I always chicken out (no-one to go with, I'm not good with large crowds or loud noises, the worry of parking and wether I'll need a hotel for the night or attempt a drive home afterwards, etc, etc).
    - Watch a bit more stuff outside my usual range. With NJPW becoming more and more talked about, it would be remiss to watch a bit of it every now and then. Or the odd Indy show that gets acclaim, that sort of thing. If anything stuff like Ed's Saturday Night Main Event Revival will help with that. Lucha Underground helped expand my horizons slightly, and I got a bunch of Olde Wrestling DVDs for Christmas so that'll be nice, but yeah, I'd like to expand my views beyond WWE.

On WC:
    - Start a BTB. Been wanting to try it out for ages, but I keep putting it off.
    - Create some more varied discussion threads. There was a lot of moments to talk about WWE-wise, in 2017, but only a handful of them got their own thread. While I'm not saying I want a discussion thread for everything and anything, but notable moments or storylines should probably get a nod. Oh, and be on-time with it. I mean, I posted that Jason Jordon thread like a month or two after he became Kurt Angle's son, so expect an Absolution/Riott Squad discussion thread at some point in February (don't)

Rising Above...

Status

As a Fan: Like most in here, watch some more New Japan stuff. I decided to sign up for NJPW World for the G1 as i'd heard so much about the company, and I really enjoyed what I saw. Got a bit slack toward the back end of last year, so will find some time over the next week to watch WK and take it from there.

I would like to get into some British stuff as well. I'll probably look at some of the Progress back catalogue stuff, and go from there. However it's all about finding the time.

The main one however, and i've put this on my personal '2018 New Experience List' is to attend an independant event. I've been to plenty of WWE stuff over the years, but I think it's time to branch out a bit more. There's plenty of events in my local area throughout the year so I don't really have an excuse not to support these guys.

On the site: Mainly just to post more in the Wrestling section. I've become more of a lurker in the last few years, mainly due to my viewing habbits - and builiding up Raw/SD and watching them just before a PPV event. Will aim to keep more up to date and interact more in '18.

Thread Information