Thread: Aro Lucha Discussion Thread (Presented by Harris Brothers, Vince Russo, and Konnan)

Sweet Meat

Status

Elimination Chamber Aro Lucha Discussion Thread (Presented by Harris Brothers, Vince Russo, and Konnan)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriJW34LHec

Aro Lucha is a company by the Harris Brothers with Vince Russo and Konnan booking PG lucha in Tennessee. Do I need to say anything else?

They had a premiere show/tapings this past month and it had a mix of some cool guys, some weird guys, and some bad guys.

On a side note, besides the mind fuck that is, the song is something truly special. Also they're doing two shows in Texas in January, and they actually have some neat guys on it:

Come See: Juventud Guerrera, Super Crazy, Carlito, James Storm, Shane Hurricane Helms, Low Ki, Jack Edwards, Laredo Kid, Pierroth, Black Tauros, Taya, Mascarita Dorada, Drastik Boy, Lufisto, Demus, Pirata Morgan Jr., Xtra Talented (Tag Team), Steve Pain, Gringo Loco, Low Rider, and Trey Miguel!!!
    Special Guest - AroLucha's Own "DeeDee"

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Aro Lucha Discussion Thread (Presented by Harris Brothers, Vince Russo, and Konna

In Tennessee?

Yeehaw, I’m in.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Aro Lucha Discussion Thread (Presented by Harris Brothers, Vince Russo, and Konna

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    In Tennessee?

Yeehaw, I’m in.
    You should've gone to the debut show. See Willie Mack and Johnny Arox (I really hope that's his name there)

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Apparently Rey Mysterio was there too from the advertisements. Damn, I should have got on that.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

I was pretty close to going to the first show myself. When I read through their interviews and press releases about getting tv it reminds me of when people talk about bringing wrestling to China/India and blowing up or pro soccer getting big in America, it sounds good on paper but the reality is there's a reason it hasn't happened yet. I hope for their sake they have a backup plan for tv because it'll be hard even if they had the greatest shows ever. I don't see much success in their future, especially with Russo booking. But I actually do hope it gets to carve its own little niche and blow up a little bit just so the Méxicans can come up and get a chance to make a bit of money. Even meager payoffs by our standards would be way bigger than what they get at home. Plus some of the people there are really good. Keyra is one of the best women's wrestlers in the world and Black Tauros has such a unique style.

Plus there has to be some fun in Jack Evans being changing his name to Jack Edwards specifically for this.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sweet Meat

Status

Legendary professional wrestler Rey Mysterio has joined Nashville-based Aro Lucha as a performer and co-owner of the company and will appear on the first season of the upstart promotion’s television show.

And Aro Lucha is just getting started adding owners to the company. Beginning Saturday, Aro Lucha will embark on a unique crowdfunding campaign where fans will be able to turn their investments into a minority stake in the company.

The first season will begin taping in Nashville in the coming months, co-founder and CEO Jason Brown said.

Aro Lucha is seeking to carve out a unique niche in the professional wrestling landscape by focusing on lucha libre-style wrestling and a family-friendly approach. Co-founded by Brown, professional wrestling veterans Ron Harris and Don Harris, the company has already produced a handful of successful test run shows in Nashville and Texas.

With Mysterio, who was rumored to be considering a return to the WWE, on board, Aro Lucha is hoping to position itself as the go-to promotion in the United States for fans of the high-flying, acrobatic style of wrestling that emanates from Mexico.

"I think what we are doing with Aro Lucha being fan-owned is revolutionary," Mysterio said. "We are giving the fans something they have never had before, a voice and a chance to get in on the action."

During President Barack Obama's final years in office, the federal government relaxed investor regulations, allowing companies to sell shares of stock to non-credited investors. The practice is relatively new, just taking effect in 2016.

But the opportunity allows companies like Aro Lucha to raise up to $1 million by selling a minority stake in the company to fans. According to a report by the Securities and Exchange Commission from 2017, the median amount raised by companies utilizing the new tool was $171,000.

Brown said raising some additional capital is just a small part of the strategy. The goal is to attract wrestling fans who will have a vested interest in supporting the product. Professional wrestling breeds rabid fans who follow the ins and outs of story lines and character development.

But Aro Lucha is believed to be the first fan-owned promotion, Brown said.

"This gives fans a chance to get in on the action, but more so than that it really gives them a voice," Brown said. "Especially at a company like ours, fans are so passionate. They critique every storyline, every character. Well we're able now to actually listen to them."

Brown said the company is still working through how fans will be able to provide feedback. But Aro Lucha is getting off the ground with some added momentum because of the addition of Mysterio.

The former WWE champion is a professional wrestling icon with a massive social media following. Mysterio exemplifies the lucha libre style that Aro Lucha is embracing.

Brown said the company believes Hispanic fans in the U.S. are craving a promotion that features the style that Mysterio mastered on his way to the top of the industry.

Aro Lucha sold out its debut event at the Nashville fairgrounds, where its pilot episode was filmed. Then, the company took the promotion on the road where it held house shows in Texas.

After bringing in 600 total fans for two shows its first weekend in Texas, Aro Lucha brought in about 1,500 per night for sold-out shows the second weekend. Brown said fans were mostly Hispanic, but there was diversity in the audience.

And the show especially appealed to families, since Aro Lucha aims to produce clean content that parents approve of their children watching. That's a departure from the more mature storylines that mainstream promotions feature on their television shows.

Wrestling veteran Konnan will lead the company's creative department, overseeing which wrestlers are featured storylines for the television productions.

Brown said the company is deciding between a few different options for where to produce the television show in Nashville, with filming expected to begin in May or June. Other live events for the Nashville area are also in the works.

And though Aro Lucha hasn't found a television partner yet, Brown said the company was committed to distributing its content as widely as possible, even it meant taking on the risk and selling the television advertising itself.

"We believe we have a product that fans will want to embrace, to really invest themselves in and something the whole family can enjoy," he said.

Spoiler:

Thread Information