http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIpBNw34et8

1. Shibata returns at G1 8
    t-2. Chris Jericho challenges Kenny Omega for Wrestlekingdom 12 4
    t-2. The Festival of Friendship 4
    4. Manami Toyota retires 3
    5. Hardys return at Wrestlemania 33 2
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Re: Wrestling Clique Wrestling Awards 2017 - Moment of the Year

Can someone fill me in on the whole Shibata thing? Don't know the story but what was so big about the moment? It looked like people were even crying in the audience?

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Can someone fill me in on the whole Shibata thing? Don't know the story but what was so big about the moment? It looked like people were even crying in the audience?
    He had just faced Okada a few months prior and suffered a brain injury during the match (subdural hematoma i think it was)

He passed out after just barely getting backstage. Was rushed to hospital and basically got told he has to retire. I think he was paralysed for a while and had a few ops. Nobody really expected to see him on a NJPW show for a long while.

Go watch Okada vs Shibata tho.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    He had just faced Okada a few months prior and suffered a brain injury during the match (subdural hematoma i think it was)

He passed out after just barely getting backstage. Was rushed to hospital and basically got told he has to retire. I think he was paralysed for a while and had a few ops. Nobody really expected to see him on a NJPW show for a long while.

Go watch Okada vs Shibata tho.
    And he finished it!?

That's powerful stuff. Even though I don't follow NJPW, this seems a heart-warming, worthy winner.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I'm very happy this won as it's one of the most unique and emotional stories I've ever seen in wrestling that puts it on a different planet to the other nominations. So often the most tragic branch of wrestling is how many people lose their life prematurely due to the effects of being a pro wrestler, and here's a guy who legitimately nearly died in the ring in his biggest ever match (and one of the best in the year) as a result of how physical his style is, returning months later to the same arena, to take a back bump and declare he was still alive. Watching live, it made me cry just how happy the crowd were to see he was ok, and even watching it again today, I choke a little at it. There's that first pop of utter surprise that his music is playing, but he delays coming out for so long it dies down some until a second big pop happens when he walks out into shot. Sure some of the other nominations are great 'surprise pop' moments, but Shibata's return was a secret so it's also a 'surprise pop' moment with huge significance.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Its made better by knowing his story also.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

SHIBATA!!!!!!! Totally deserved.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    And he finished it!?

That's powerful stuff. Even though I don't follow NJPW, this seems a heart-warming, worthy winner.
    Out of all the award winners this year, this is the one I’m the most happiest about. And because as you said even as a man unfamiliar to the whole picture, it’s really fucking powerful. This man had a brain injury that had killed athletes and could have made Shibata dependant on others for the rest of his life. To go out there, have people in tears, and say the greatest thing you can say in that scenario (“I am alive! That is all!”), it’s an amazing moment even beyond the world of pro wrestling to me. It’s incredibly moving.

Good job to the eight voters. I really would have been bummed if something else won. Festival of Friendship was great and Jericho in New Japan is still surreal but none of them captivated my pro wrestling fandom more than Shibata at the G1.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

...and if all that wasn't enough, he's so obviously moved by the response from the crowd. I remember that moment, having only just really started watching New Japan after he'd left and seen the match afterwards, and to see how much love poured out of that live audience towards him, it was truly moving. I can only imagine how it felt for people that had followed his career, never mind for the man himself.

Thread Information