Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Royal Rumble Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    History will be made at the 30th Anniversary of the Royal Rumble when the WWE Universe witnesses the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match on Sunday, Jan. 28. And now, Naomi has become the first SmackDown LIVE Superstar to throw her hat in the ring for the history-making contest.

It was truly an emotional moment on the Dec. 18 edition of Monday Night Raw when Commissioner Stephanie McMahon made the monumental announcement, declaring that female WWE Superstars will compete for a championship opportunity at WrestleMania 34.

Then, the following night on the blue brand, former SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi seized the moment. Interrupting reigning titleholder Charlotte Flair, Naomi made it clear that she is joining the ground-breaking showdown and, when she wins, she is coming after The Queen at The Showcase of the Immortals.

The much-anticipated contest could not be coming at a more pivotal moment for the ground-breaking women of each brand. In addition to the elite competitors who continue to make the Women’s Evolution the cutting-edge phenomenon that it is, the main roster has experienced an influx of talented new Superstars over the past several months, including Raw’s undefeated Asuka, the returning Paige and her destructive Absolution cohorts, as well as SmackDown LIVE’s Riott Squad. This surge of talent will undoubtedly help make the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble a can’t-miss contest.

Will Naomi reign supreme in the historical contest? Who will be the next Superstar to seize the moment for a chance to book a ticket to WrestleMania 34 in New Orleans in the monumental bout? Find out when the women of Raw and SmackDown LIVE make history at the Royal Rumble, streaming live on WWE Network on Sunday, Jan. 28!
    Confirmed entrants:

Naomi
    Asuka
    Ruby Riott
    Natalya
    Sasha Banks
    Bayley
    Mandy Rose
    Sonya Deville

Carmella
    Tamina
    Lana
    Liv Morgan
    Sarah Logan
    Mickie James
    Nia Jax

Becky Lynch

Alicia Fox
    Dana Brooke

Last edited by Luka Smodric; 01-23-2018 at 09:48 AM.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

I think this match is going to be won by Asuka or Paige.

I see many speculating that Ronda Rousey will win if she enters, but I don't see that happening. I think she'll end up facing Charlotte at Wrestlemania, or they'll go ahead and set up the 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match. Besides, I think it would be a huge slap in the face to the women on the WWE roster if Rousey comes in and wins the first ever womens Rumble.

Asuka may win the title at the Rumble, and if so then Paige will win this to set up a match vs Asuka at Mania. But if Asuka's in this then it'll be hard to see anyone else win it.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

If Asuka is in it, she has to win it. If Ronda is in it, she has to win it. If Charlotte is in it, she should probably should win it because she'll have been screwed out of the title somehow, probably by Carmella. Absolution and the Riott Squad really need to have good showings too, or else what's the point of them. This could be very interesting.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I think this match is going to be won by Asuka or Paige.

I see many speculating that Ronda Rousey will win if she enters, but I don't see that happening. I think she'll end up facing Charlotte at Wrestlemania, or they'll go ahead and set up the 4 horsewomen vs 4 horsewomen match. Besides, I think it would be a huge slap in the face to the women on the WWE roster if Rousey comes in and wins the first ever womens Rumble.

Asuka may win the title at the Rumble, and if so then Paige will win this to set up a match vs Asuka at Mania. But if Asuka's in this then it'll be hard to see anyone else win it.
    Yeah, I see Rousey coming in and winning the Rumble too. Paige vs Asuka will be an awesome Mania Match if they go that route.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'd hate to see Rousey come in and win as that would be the ultimate kick in the teeth to those who have been involved in this whole womens revolution. The first Womens Rumble winner needs to be someone who has played a part in this whole thing, so here's looking at a Paige or a Becky Lynch...heck I'd take Asuka winning too as it would fit into her whole dominant thing, but please not Rousey.
    I have a plan so cunning......

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

I wouldn't have that much of an issue with Rousey coming in and winning the Rumble, could be pretty cool. Also, as awesome as it's been to see a Women's Wrestling Revolution, WWE have also highlighted a Women's Revolution in general with numerous mentions for like Serena Williams, Rousey and probably others I've forgot about. So in that stance, who ever wins it- it's about the occasion and breaking the class ceiling so to speak more then it being about the winner. Plus for those Women, I'm pretty sure if they get a Rousey who is a massive name in their ranks off the back of their success and triumph, that's a pretty cool moment for a lot of them I'd assume. At least that's my thoughts on the match and situation.

I'm excited though! Asuka as of now would likely be my pick if I had to choose a winner or break the norm and have the biggest and baddest female in Nia Jax win the match. Could be a breakout moment.

Do people think we will get surprises too? I don't know what her situation is but I'd love to get a Kharma/Nia Jax showdown Haha! I think that could be cool. I could then maybe see a possible return for Kaitlyn.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I'd hate to see Rousey come in and win as that would be the ultimate kick in the teeth to those who have been involved in this whole womens revolution. The first Womens Rumble winner needs to be someone who has played a part in this whole thing, so here's looking at a Paige or a Becky Lynch...heck I'd take Asuka winning too as it would fit into her whole dominant thing, but please not Rousey.
    Rousey winning this is better than Ellsworth winning Money in the Bank.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Asuka from no.1

Fuck Rousey. She doesn't need this.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Asuka or we riot!!!

But they'll probably go with Rousey (If she signs) or Mandy Rose ughhh
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'd rather a one-night-only return of Eva Marie to win the Women's Rumble than Rhonda Rousey to come anywhere close to it.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    To be fair the whole "womens revolution" has been a joke the moment Steph decided to be the front of it all. Rousey coming in and winning it would be terrible for sure but like Raiz said at least it would be a step above James Ellsworth winning the first ever womens MITB match.

Its a shame how badly Steph has treated the women since they became a hit down in NXT. Turned them into a big PR storm for all the wrong reasons. They worked hard to shake of the "they are pretty good for women" tag and just became great wrestlers only for Steph to come turn it back around and make it all about how they are women again.

In any case i'm hoping for an Asuka win but my gut does tell me Rousey will take this.

Zen Through Bacon

Status
      Country                    UK

I'd like to see Rousey in the Rumble, just so that it's not a forgone conclusion that Asuka is going to win, although I personally wouldn't like to see Rousey win it on her first appearance.

I am still of the impression they are setting up Asuka v Rousey in the not too distant future, on the flimsy point that they have chaged Asuka's finisher to the arm bar from the Asuka Lock recently.
    Last edited by TheBaconBuddha; 12-24-2017 at 01:11 PM.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Would be awesome if AJ Lee, Awesome Kong, and Lita all were surprise entrants. Kong vs Asuka would be money!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

If WWE have agreed a deal with Ronda to be in this match, they'd be advertising her I think.

What excites me most about this match is that surely the winner will get a singles title match at Wrestlemania which would be a nice change from the multi person, get everyone on the show match they usually book. That's the only thing that puts doubt in my mind that Asuka is going to win this because running Bliss Vs Asuka means Sasha, Paige, Bayley and Nia are being left out whereas SD's roster is much weaker for star power so a singles match for Charlotte doesn't really leave any big names out of the picture, so maybe SD picks up the win here.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    whereas SD's roster is much weaker for star power so a singles match for Charlotte doesn't really leave any big names out of the picture, so maybe SD picks up the win here.
    Conversely, this is why I lean towards a Raw win. Asuka winning then challenging Alexa, Sasha or Paige to me is a far bigger match on paper than any singles combo Smackdown can produce. Smackdown need that multi-person match more than Raw.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    Would be awesome if AJ Lee, Awesome Kong, and Lita all were surprise entrants. Kong vs Asuka would be money!
    If they can get Kong they should promote the shit out it, she's got (limited) mainstream appeal now, thanks to GLOW. I'd LOVE to see AJ back in the ring but after the shit they pulled firing her husband on their wedding day, I just don't see that happening; I mean, never say never, but I'd call it unlikely.

If WWE have agreed a deal with Ronda to be in this match, they'd be advertising her I think.

What excites me most about this match is that surely the winner will get a singles title match at Wrestlemania which would be a nice change from the multi person, get everyone on the show match they usually book. That's the only thing that puts doubt in my mind that Asuka is going to win this because running Bliss Vs Asuka means Sasha, Paige, Bayley and Nia are being left out whereas SD's roster is much weaker for star power so a singles match for Charlotte doesn't really leave any big names out of the picture, so maybe SD picks up the win here.
    Charlotte's best option for an opponent right now is Rousey really... but I don't know if I see her being included in this the way people seem to think. If it happens cool, but I don't think she needs to be in the match to appear. I could definitely see Carmella cashing in on Charlotte and Charlotte being added to the Rumble match itself, then Rousey costing her the match to build towards a Mania singles or tag match. That gives you the ability to do a get-everyone-on-the-card SmackDown women's title match as well as having Asuka win the Rumble and challenge Bliss.

If the Rousey rumours hold any weight at all I can see there being four women's matches at WrestleMania, which would be crazy but if you look at the roster right now and the things they can set up with it, it's totally justified - whatever Rousey does, the SmackDown title match, the RAW title match and a RAW women's tag for Absolution vs. whoever to give Paige something to do after positioning her so strongly on the show and not putting her in the title match.

That all said, it really depends on who wins this on whether or not that fourth match is even necessary.

Do we have a number on the entrants for this yet? I've heard nothing concrete from anywhere about that.

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Who is to say Asuka can’t win and then challenge Charlotte?
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

No one so far... but given how they made nothing of guys picking the opposing brand last year, I imagine they'll ignore it again this year.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Just thought about checking the roster to see whether they're likely to do a 20 or 30 person rumble.

Between Smackdown and Raw there's 22 women listed on their roster, but you gotta take two away for the champions who won't be apart of the match. There's your 20 but that also includes Nikki Bella who I wouldn't expect. Would be a hell of a jump to advertise a 30 woman rumble because you've got to borrow a third of the field from NXT or surprise returns, so I think they're gonna go with a 20 person rumble. That then means a couple of the current roster are gonna miss out because they won't run this match without a surprise return or NXT call up. Some tough decisions are gonna have to be made here.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Just thought about checking the roster to see whether they're likely to do a 20 or 30 person rumble.

Between Smackdown and Raw there's 22 women listed on their roster, but you gotta take two away for the champions who won't be apart of the match. There's your 20 but that also includes Nikki Bella who I wouldn't expect. Would be a hell of a jump to advertise a 30 woman rumble because you've got to borrow a third of the field from NXT or surprise returns, so I think they're gonna go with a 20 person rumble. That then means a couple of the current roster are gonna miss out because they won't run this match without a surprise return or NXT call up. Some tough decisions are gonna have to be made here.
    I would be ok with Tamina, Lana and Dana Brooke missing this one in order to have a few surprise entrants.

#WC4Horsemen

Thread Information