Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

I think that 30 women is too many. 20 was a better number to work with as this is a test run of sorts. I don't think 20 would have devalued the women when you take in that the first ever men's Royal Rumble was only 20 participants.

20 women with the same time intervals would have cut down the length of the match but given those in it enough time to showcase their talents. With a limited amount of women on the main roster having nearly half the Women's Rumble be returns or call-ups makes no sense, even if they want the first to be special.

Zen Through Bacon

Status
      Country                    UK

Paige, Mandy, Sonya, Bayley, Sasha, Mickie, Nia, Alicia, Asuka, Dana, Ruby, Sarah, Liv, Lana, Tamina, Naomi, Becky, Natalie, Carmella. That's 19 and possibly a Bella to make it 20. 10 additional from NXT and 'legends' isn't much of a stretch. The time given could be a problem though.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    Germany

My only concern is the same someone else mentioned recently, and that's the fact WWE have gotta book 2 of these matches in one night. Considering they struggle with 1 some years, asking them to do two right and make this one extra special because HISTORY~! may be asking a lot.

The fact we're gonna get so many surprise entrants/returns is fun though.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    My only concern is the same someone else mentioned recently, and that's the fact WWE have gotta book 2 of these matches in one night. Considering they struggle with 1 some years, asking them to do two right and make this one extra special because HISTORY~! may be asking a lot.

The fact we're gonna get so many surprise entrants/returns is fun though.
    Until the ones we want don't come out at all due to other commitments.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Until the ones we want don't come out at all due to other commitments.
    I can't wait for the crickets when the Diva Search cast offs fill the gaps

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Character Jobber

Status
      Country                    United States

I sure hope WWE doesn't screw up the ending of this match and drop the ball with the winner like they did the Women's Money in the Bank.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ireland

This Women’s Rumble is going to be the main event, isn’t it? The men’s match has barely been built up or talked about at all this year it seems. I’m worried the Rumble concept jumps the shark this year.

http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=165683
    BEING THE BOOKER

COMING SOON (hopefully)

Main Eventer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    This Women’s Rumble is going to be the main event, isn’t it? The men’s match has barely been built up or talked about at all this year it seems. I’m worried the Rumble concept jumps the shark this year.
    I seriously don't think they risk that with it being the first time. Women's will be in the first half of the show, men's at the end. I don't see them going back to back and putting men's Rumble earlier will mean that the title matches will have to be on at the start of the show.

Shield/Bar

World Championship

Women's Rumble

Usos/BenjGable

Universal Championship

Enzo/Cedric

Men's Rumble

That is pretty much how I expect the match order to go.

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah I'd pretty much agree with that running order. No way I see the women's Rumble closing the show at all. It'll probably be quite early to separate the two Rumble matches out as much as possible. Heck it might even open the show to be honest.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I expect the womens Rumble to open the show to be honest, with the mens Rumble closing the show.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

The Women's match has the open the show. The crowd might not be able to handle two 60+ minute matches close together
    Last edited by MC 16; 01-16-2018 at 10:52 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Yeah the only thing stopping it from being the ME is the fact that it's the first one to date and Vince just wouldn't risk it on one of his A shows. Even then i'm not 100% sold it wont be either. with the stuff thats been rumoured a meh name seems to be winning the rumble this year (Orton seems like the best bet).

Depends on whose booked to win the womens Rumble to be honest. If its a normal roster member then yeah it'll go midshow. If they've secured a Ronda (or even if Steph herself decides to wrestle) I can see it going up last.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Just from the perspective of possible outcomes the women's Rumble is way more interesting to me. Even now that we know Paige won't be in it, there's plenty of potential winners in the match. The men's match is way less interesting because the possible winners are all either entirely uninteresting, previous winners, or both... or Shinsuke Nakamura, who's just not got any steam behind him right now to get me excited about him winning.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Just from the perspective of possible outcomes the women's Rumble is way more interesting to me. Even now that we know Paige won't be in it, there's plenty of potential winners in the match. The men's match is way less interesting because the possible winners are all either entirely uninteresting, previous winners, or both... or Shinsuke Nakamura, who's just not got any steam behind him right now to get me excited about him winning.
    Is there plenty of potential winners here? Seems like a straightforward Asuka win here isn't it?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Main Eventer

Status

Asuka will win unless a certain somebody turns up. But the signs and win over Alexa a few weeks back point towards an Asuka win.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    The Women's match has the open the show. The crowd might not be able to handle two 60+ minute matches close together
    Any form of Battle Royal should never open a show. They're just too long and can potentially burn out the crowd. They'd be smart to run a CW match first to get the crowd going and then do the Women's match second.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Is there plenty of potential winners here? Seems like a straightforward Asuka win here isn't it?
    It really depends on whether they want the winner to challenge for the SD title or the Raw one. Because they can easily get to Asuka/Bliss at 'Mania without her winning this match.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I don't see plenty of options for winners int he womens match. I think it'll be a Raw superstar to win it and to me Asuka is the clear cut favorite. Nia Jax is the next favorite I'd say. Beyond those two, I don't see a likely winner. If i had to pick someone from Smackdown then Becky Lynch is the one to go for I think.
    If Ronda Rousey enters the match then she also has to be in the conversation, but I'd be very peeved if they have her win, and I'm sure that virtually all the womens roster would also be pissed off too.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Any form of Battle Royal should never open a show. They're just too long and can potentially burn out the crowd. They'd be smart to run a CW match first to get the crowd going and then do the Women's match second.

It really depends on whether they want the winner to challenge for the SD title or the Raw one. Because they can easily get to Asuka/Bliss at 'Mania without her winning this match.
    All the SD options are very uninspiring (Tamina, Naomi, Lana, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Ruby Riot, Nattie). Carmella go the MITB honor so they wont give her this too and while Becky would be a great option this is the WWE were talking about so she'll probabaly be the #1 elimination. Charlotte would have been the only logical winner from SD. I guess a Raw girl could win and move to SD but eh outside Asuka again all the girls just dont fit the bill (either they are a face (Sasha/Bayley/Mickie) or it would be wrong to give it to them (Nia/Mandy/Sonya/Dana/Alicia)

Fuck me they are gonna make sure Ronda wrestles aren't they

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Another thing to consider is Raw has Elimination Chamber in Feb and what are the chances they'll want to do a HISTORIC first ever women's chamber match. Whether it's for the title or for the #1 contendership I can't see Asuka not being apart of that match if they do stick them in the chamber.

Honestly, I'm expecting someone on Smackdown like Becky to win this thing because they're making it too obvious Asuka is the hot favourite. With the storyline they're telling at the moment Bliss Vs Asuka Vs Jax could well be in the pipeline for mania.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Fair point. Still, it's best to space them out as much as possible. Also, the CW match might not be the best option because Enzo, who isn't the most exciting wrestler, is in the match. I suppose Cedric would get the crowd going but I think the Uso's vs Gable and Benjamin would be a better choice.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information