Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - Women's Royal Rumble Match

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Just thought about checking the roster to see whether they're likely to do a 20 or 30 person rumble.

Between Smackdown and Raw there's 22 women listed on their roster, but you gotta take two away for the champions who won't be apart of the match. There's your 20 but that also includes Nikki Bella who I wouldn't expect. Would be a hell of a jump to advertise a 30 woman rumble because you've got to borrow a third of the field from NXT or surprise returns, so I think they're gonna go with a 20 person rumble. That then means a couple of the current roster are gonna miss out because they won't run this match without a surprise return or NXT call up. Some tough decisions are gonna have to be made here.
    Assuming both champions defend at the Rumble (which admittedly may not happen) that's 4 women not included from the current RAW or SDL rosters; there's plenty of possible returns with the not entirely unlikely possibility of women like Lita, Trish, Beth, Victoria, Kharma, etc... NXT girls like Nikki Cross and the Iconic Duo and of course the ladies from the Mae Young Classic that don't currently have contracts but are on good working terms with WWE, such as Toni Storm, Piper Niven, Santana Garrett. I think they could definitely pull off a 30 woman Rumble with very little problem finding the talent to fill it. The only real issue I see is the time constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    I would be ok with Tamina, Lana and Dana Brooke missing this one in order to have a few surprise entrants.
    Tamina's made for this. She's not a great wrestler but when you put her in multi-woman smozzfests she shines; she was vital to the women's Money in the Bank and her interactions with Nia Jax at Survivor Series were the highlight of that match for me. Lana's doubtful though. I don't see them even considering putting her in it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I think now that they've decided o do the women's rumble, it needs to be 30 women. If it's a 20 woman rumble then some will innevitibly twist that and say "oh the women aren't as good as the men". Dumb, but you can see the PR issues for WWE.
    Besides, they have enough of a roster, plus NXT women, plus returns/legends to do 30. No sweat.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ghana

To think that this match I am more excited about this Royal Rumble Match than the traditional 30 man match and why? This is history in the making but also because with the women's match you have so many favorites any of the women could realistically win it

Indy Talent

Status

I wonder just how many women we will get in this match? 20 women or 30 women?

Scoundrel

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Gyimah View Post
    I wonder just how many women we will get in this match? 20 women or 30 women?

The question's already been brought up in the thread, and it's been discussed in the posts literally right above yours

I reckon they'll go for 30 - even without the two champions, they could get 30 just from including the NXT women's roster, and I'd imagine there'll be a few surprise entrants too, so 30 isn't really a stretch.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

30 women then, so it's mirroring the men's match. Lots of one off appearances coming for this one without a doubt now.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I can see this being a disaster on many fronts. It's going to be awkward watching them try to get over the top rope unless they lower it somehow.

I don't know how many surprises there will be but Kaitlyn could potentially show up. I think Stardom has a show on the 28th so Toni Storm and Piper Niven are two that you could probably rule out.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Rusev Day Smod

Status

They’ve done plenty of over the top rope battle royals on NXT and they have had no problem getting over the top rope Shake
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    They’ve done plenty of over the top rope battle royals on NXT and they have had no problem getting over the top rope Shake
    Yeah...gone are the times of women falling from the middle or bottom rope in such things.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Hopefully Gail Kim will be a surprise entrant and eliminate herself.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2017~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

shit's not live tho

but maybe I'm wrong. idk. just can't visualise it. there's going to be some mighty fine botching.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

If Rousey or any other big name from outta nowhere (Kaitlyn, AJ Lee, Trish Stratus) wins they've officially completed their womens revolution because the women will have finally gone through the same shit the men go through every other Rumble

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm not gonna lie, I'll mark out pretty strong if AJ Lee not only makes an appearance, but wins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

GET THESE HANDS

Status

I'm with Shake on this one and aired the same concerns the day they announced the women's royal rumble - they can't take that over the top rope bump as well as men can. I think some of the girls will be athletic enough to take that bump, but i can see a lot of eliminations being ones where they land on the apron first and then they're knocked off.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkslayer View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I'll mark out pretty strong if AJ Lee not only makes an appearance, but wins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    If she appears it will start CM Punk chants hardcore in the men's RR. I want her for a surprise return but if we dont get her i want someone like Ashley Massaro or Kelly Kelly to return they dont have to win just appear for a little i would be excited but i might be alone on that front.

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

The Maverick

Status
      Country                    Canada

All I want his Naomi and her incredible gimmick. FEEL THE GLOW!
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Mid-Card Champion

Status

It'll be over the top rope, no doubt. Anything that makes it different, or seem inferior, to the mens Rumble will take away from it. I agree with Order, most of the women on the roster can and have taken over the top rope bumps. the less athletic and skilled women will just have to get on with it and do it. They have time to train at the PC before the ppv to practice so hopefully they make sure to do that.

I can see Kelly Kelly, Beth Phoenix, Trish Stratus, Lita, Michelle McCool, Layla, Nikky Bella all being in the match. Brie Bella perhaps too.

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

I want Stacy Keibler to make an appearance.

Zen Through Bacon

Status
      Country                    UK

They had a Battle Royal in NXT which was over the top rope elimination (which Asuka was eliminated, so she can lose here and still have a 'streak.') and Eva Marie managed to take an over the top elimination (none apron) without killing herself, so there is no reason why these can't.

Indy Talent

Status

If they truly want to make the Royal Rumble Match for the women entertaining or at the very least special then they shouldn't rush it and why I say that? If they rush the entrances and the whole entire finish on it people will be calling for its demise straight away. Furthermore, if they truly want to make this a match that people can go and say that this match can be just as good as the Men's Royal Rumble Match then the women need to have the same amount of time on their match too. I mean a full hour or more for 30 women to fight it out just as the men do.

Imagine if an entrant from the #1 position in the 30-Women Royal Rumble Match were to outlast 29 other divas doing what Michaels and Benoit did? Or doing what Mysterio or Flair did winning it from the #2 or #3 position lasting that long?

However, what I will give to WWE is that with the women's match anyone can realistically win it and that is what makes it so unpredictable in its nature in its entirety.

30 women...1 winner and the winner she gets a title match in the main event of WrestleMania

But what WWE needs to do for the winner is that whoever wins it she should tease both the RAW Women's Champion and the Smackdown Women's Champion depending on which diva from what brand wins it. Like for example a RAW diva winning it and she shows up on both shows meaning she can tease her brand's champion but then show up on Smackdown the next night and tease the WWE Smackdown Women's Champion basically telling her that I can challenge you too if I so choose. Or vice versa if a Smackdown diva wins it she could tease her brand's champion but then jump over to RAW and surprise the RAW Women's Champion basically telling her that I can challenge you too at Mania since I earned the right last night by throwing 29 other women over that top rope.

Thread Information