Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royal Rumble 2018 - Men's Royal Rumble Match

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - Men's Royal Rumble Match

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Goddamnit, Cena acting as a rep for Bryan against heel Shane actually makes sense too...

Putting all the part timer stuff in one match would make me happy, but man has Cena not had a good year, and a bells and whistles match with Shane doesn't sound like a solution at all
    That's it isn't it. Fuck.

War Eagle

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm still hoping WWE finally clears Bryan and they just give him a match with Shane. He would deserve more, but at least it's a "meaningful" storyline in WWE's eyes.

Character Jobber

Status

Now, I have not read any of the rumors as to who might win (I try to avoid that kind of thing whenever possible), I strongly believe that it will be someone from Smackdown will win the Rumble Match. With all the rumors of Roman Reigns facing Lesnar at WM, him winning the Rumble would be too predictable. Plus, the fact that Elimination Chamber is a Raw PPV, the Chamber Match will likely be a #1 Contender's Match since it seems unlikely that Lesnar will compete in the Chamber Match, unless he comes in at #6, and disposes of everyone remaining in under two minutes.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Ghana

The fact that you have guys or could have guys in there like Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Roode, Baron Corbin, etc. all in there in any Rumble they would be favorites but it is obvious that WWE is trying to either hand deliver the win to either Reigns or Cena

The crowd is going to hijack this regardless and call bull shit because that is how predictable WWE has become

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

At the moment I think they will go with Nakamura winning, eliminating Orton or Cena last.

Nakamura/Styles would be many people's choice for the big Mania title match that doesn't involve Brock Lesnar. I think this would be a perfect way to move the title off Styles and allow him to move over to Raw in the post-Mania reshuffle.

Cena/Styles is an easy storyline with Cena trying to beat Flair's record and Styles' detailed history with The Nature Boy.

Lesnar/Reigns is a lock and The Big Dog does not need the Rumble win to be taken seriously against Lesnar.

War Eagle

Status

I'm sure the Elimination Chamber won't have a Universal Title defense, so instead it'll be a #1 Contendership Match, which Reigns will win. So, like the above poster, Reigns doesn't need the Rumble. It'll be a SD Superstar that wins

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Nakamura for the Smackdown side to win. I can't see Reigns winning again on the RAW side but nobody is really jumping out on RAW at the moment. Unless they go with Braun vs Brock again at Mania

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

There is only one thing I want out out this year's Rumble, two things if you count 'it to be good' as a want. But whatever, yes, my selfish wants I didn't get at Survivor Series, and will continue to predict at any cross-brand PPV until it happens:

Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    godamnit what do I have to do to get some Baritone Soprano vs Folk Hobo cross-brand interactions. All the ingredients for Raw vs Smackdown: The Musical were right there. RIGHT THERE, BUT NO. THIS SHOW WAS A FAILURE IN EVERY SENSE OF THE TERM. DISGRACEFUL.

/ ignore me I'm tired and rambling. I'll just repost the original request once Royal Rumble rolls around.
    So. Yes. That's what I'm looking forward to and hoping for. Elias draws #1, Aiden English draws #2, and the two do battle via vocal rhythmic stylings until #3 comes out. Two midcard goobers uniting their musical talent to end all corruption within WWE or something.

A good rumble with a non-repeat winner will just be a bonus.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

So there's been a pretty dramatic shift in the betting odds for the Royal Rumble. Daniel Bryan of all people is now the new favorite to win the match at 10-1, having previously been way out at 66-1.

This is probably a red herring, but it's very interesting that this has happened.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

He isn’t the favourite. 10-1 has him ninth favourite to win. Nakamura is the favourite. Reigns, Ziggler, Cena, Strowman, Balor, Orton and Corbin all ahead.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The thought of Corbin as the Rumble winner........

Part of me believes a surprise part timer will make a return and win this here. Reigns/Lesnar is pretty much locked in for Mania and part of me just cannot see Nak Or Orton winning.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Baron Corbin..........yep.

Honestly, it seems they are building to AJ vs Nakamura at WM but Nakamura hasn't really been doing much on SD and wouldn't they want to try and build him up for such a big win? Who knows at this point.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Character Jobber

Status

Watching Smackdown, I was noticing during the last promo for the Royal Rumble, the logo included names scrolling along the bottom, presumably names of Rumble competitors, and that list included Mustafa Ali and Tony Nese. Does that mean they are in the Rumble now even though they're not listed on WWE.com Rumble list.
    First Ever Undisputed World Champion:
    George Hackenschmidt

Rusev Day

Status

No, it is of everyone in the roster just like last year.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Main Eventer

Status

I'm just adamant that it's Nakamura. He and Styles have not competed against each other in singles action since Wrestle Kingdom 10. That's why it's very likely to happen.

For me I wish it isn't set in stone that SD guys are challenging Styles and Raw guys are challenging Lesnar etc. Someone switching over would be different.

I'm also thinking that if Asuka does not win then it has to be Becky Lynch, they've kept her and Charlotte apart well over the last 18 months with just one singles match between the pair. As Ed said the Elimination Chamber is coming so maybe Asuka can win the title in that, cementing herself in WWE Women's history.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    He isn’t the favourite. 10-1 has him ninth favourite to win. Nakamura is the favourite. Reigns, Ziggler, Cena, Strowman, Balor, Orton and Corbin all ahead.
    Don't you agree that a jump from 66-1 to 10-1 is rather strange for a guy who's retired? Which is the point I was making.
    If you want to get technical about it, Bryan is now one of the favorites to win.

In another update, his odds have now improved to 13/2. making him the 6th favorite to win.
    Last edited by Tommy Thunder; 01-17-2018 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Betting odds updated.

Rusev Day

Status

Nope not off at all. Bookies will have had a large sum of money out on Bryan hence the big cut. Happens with football transfers all the time. It’s just bookies covering themselves.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Baron Corbin..........yep.

Honestly, it seems they are building to AJ vs Nakamura at WM but Nakamura hasn't really been doing much on SD and wouldn't they want to try and build him up for such a big win? Who knows at this point.
    Yeah i was convinced at MITB after their little interaction that things would be going that way but Nak has just been WAY to under the rader for the last few months and it really doesn't feel like thats the direction anymore.

Then again this is WWE we are talking about and long term booking just doesn't exist anymore so who knows.

[Your Name]

Status

Considering how underwhelming Nakamura's WWE run has been, I find it odd so many people want this AJ/Nak WM match so bad.

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Considering how underwhelming Nakamura's WWE run has been, I find it odd so many people want this AJ/Nak WM match so bad.
    I dont think many people do anymore . I believe people did want i back in the summer when there was some hope but after seeing how bad & unmotivated he's been on the main roster a lot of people lost interest in the idea.

I still believe it could be a great match, AJ certainly would bring the goods, but it would require big game New Japan Nakamura to show up. Not the "WWE rockstar" Nakamura.

Thread Information