Thread: WWE United Kingdom Brand

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Re: WWE United Kingdom Brand

Huge Championship match confirmed for next week's show

WWE United Kingdom Championship Match
    vs
    Pete Dunne (c) vs Doug Williams

It can be safe to say that "The Bruiserweight" Pete Dunne is as polarizing a figure that you can get in the world of wrestling. While it is unanimously agreed upon that the current reigning United Kingdom Champion is one of the best in the world at present. It is his bad attitude as well as at points classless actions which have earned him the ire of many. This includes one Doug Williams who is one of the most respected talents to have ever been produced by the UK. With his career winding down now after many celebrated years in the ring, Doug proudly accepted a role as color commentator for the UK Brand as he looked to help promote and if needed develop the UK stars of tomorrow. Unfortunately it was in this role that he and Pete Dunne would end up in one another's cross hairs since day one.

While at first it was only a few disrespectful barbs thrown by Dunne to Williams, it soon evolved into both men taking verbal shots at one another across shows before finally getting physical after Dunne defeated BT Gunn. Having been disgusted by what he'd seen Doug shoved Dunne to the ground before justifying his actions that Pete Dunne is a disgrace to UK wrestling and that the biggest shame in it all is that Dunne is immensely talented but that as a person he is letting everyone down. Especially when as champion he is the benchmark of the UK Brand. Of course the physicality between the two didn't sit well with GM Katarina Leigh. While at first it seemed like Doug Williams' days as part of the UK Brand may be numbered, Katarina having grown tired of Dunne's disrespect instead elected to make a match between Doug Williams and Pete Dunne for the UK Championship. With the title on the line against his most experienced foe yet can Pete Dunne retain his championship once more?

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Epsiode 11 - Bittersweet Symphony Review

Been meaning to check this out for a while.

I'm liking the recap of what went down the week before. Allows me to jump right into what's happening despite being a new reader. Before the show starts I'm wondering whether Brown/Smith are still tandems as listed in the opening post or not? Seems they've gone their separate ways. Also looking forward to seeing Douglas Williams in this, one of the most underrated stars of the last decade.

Great start to the night with Pete Dunne's disobedience backfiring big time on him. I don't see Williams wrestling the title away from Dunne but I can definitely see that match being a huge moment in Dunne's reign that proves he is the man. A clean win over Williams would make Dunne a star, if he's not one already.

CCK beat the tag champs!! Definitely the right step towards handing CCK a shot at the titles.

Good to see Bate pushing towards singles success without the need to get into a feud with his partner. Nice setup for Devlin/Bate with a little bit of history already behind them.

Well I guess we get to see Spud die trying, eh?

Compelling little segment between Andrews, Williams and Webster. Nice unique way of determining who doesn't get to face Haskins & Bodom. I will guess that Webster will be the one to drop out considering the focus put on Andrews and Williams' animosity.

Maybe CCK won't be in line for that shot then. Triple Threat seems like a great idea here.

Ah! Oliver Grey! Coming to a NXT Cruiserweight Climax very soon!

Big impact made by T-Bone as he becomes Rampage's new partner. I guess that answers my opening query.

A good win for Bate in the main event as expected. He's the obvious next challenge for Dunne and I hope that the feud between the two is built up well. The story writes itself with their history and after what I'm expecting will be a great match between Williams/Dunne we can move on to the big money feud between the former Strong Style partners.

I'll be trying to keep up with this Shade. It's a good thin you don't post too frequently.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotto Durán View Post

Epsiode 11 - Bittersweet Symphony Review

Been meaning to check this out for a while.

I'm liking the recap of what went down the week before. Allows me to jump right into what's happening despite being a new reader. Before the show starts I'm wondering whether Brown/Smith are still tandems as listed in the opening post or not? Seems they've gone their separate ways. Also looking forward to seeing Douglas Williams in this, one of the most underrated stars of the last decade.

Great start to the night with Pete Dunne's disobedience backfiring big time on him. I don't see Williams wrestling the title away from Dunne but I can definitely see that match being a huge moment in Dunne's reign that proves he is the man. A clean win over Williams would make Dunne a star, if he's not one already.

CCK beat the tag champs!! Definitely the right step towards handing CCK a shot at the titles.

Good to see Bate pushing towards singles success without the need to get into a feud with his partner. Nice setup for Devlin/Bate with a little bit of history already behind them.

Well I guess we get to see Spud die trying, eh?

Compelling little segment between Andrews, Williams and Webster. Nice unique way of determining who doesn't get to face Haskins & Bodom. I will guess that Webster will be the one to drop out considering the focus put on Andrews and Williams' animosity.

Maybe CCK won't be in line for that shot then. Triple Threat seems like a great idea here.

Ah! Oliver Grey! Coming to a NXT Cruiserweight Climax very soon!

Big impact made by T-Bone as he becomes Rampage's new partner. I guess that answers my opening query.

A good win for Bate in the main event as expected. He's the obvious next challenge for Dunne and I hope that the feud between the two is built up well. The story writes itself with their history and after what I'm expecting will be a great match between Williams/Dunne we can move on to the big money feud between the former Strong Style partners.

I'll be trying to keep up with this Shade. It's a good thin you don't post too frequently.

Thanks for the review Syk my good man! Always liked doing the brief recaps of the past shows tbh for the reason you mentioned. Means it helps fill in the gaps for anyone who hasn't been able to follow everything you know. The Dunne/Williams story has been a lot of fun to write in all truth. As originally I didn't plan for it but gradually the seeds were planted and I was able to improvise it. Plus it has been a lot of fun to write I cannot lie. CCK debut was a huge win for them and one which firmly establishes them as ones to watch in the division. Which is why I added that later segment with the GYV as I wanted to make sure that despite their win it was clear they was not the only contenders out there.

Need to correct that opening post thing with Brown and Smith that was something I meant to edit out and didn't get round to. Thanks for reminding me mate. I can't lie I have big plans for Bate and without giving too much away there will be a big announcement coming soon in regards to him and the future which I hope everyone will like. Thanks once again for the feedback mate Much appreciated

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Travis Banks joins the UK Brand!

In some huge news revealed today it can be confirmed that Travis Banks has signed a contract with the WWE to compete as part of the UK Brand. The New Zealand native who has long been living in the UK himself has wowed fans across the UK and in the states thanks to his hard hitting style. This has seen him win titles in many promotions including Progress where he is the current world champion. Banks despite his signing is believed to not be debuting right away as plans are already in store for his arrival at a later date.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

WWE United Kingdom Brand ~ Episode 012 ~ Don't let the sun go down on me
    2/2/18
    Empress Ballroom, Blackpool

Astroid Boys' Dusted kicks off this week's episode of the UK Brand. Kicking off this show is not one but two video packages. The first focuses on the highlights from the previous show. Events such as Katarina announcing Williams vs Dunne, CCK upsetting the Coffey Brothers and Tyler Bate defeating Jordan Devlin are focused on. Once this video comes to an end the second video highlights the story of Doug Williams and Pete Dunne and how the actions of the champion caused the retired wrestler to step out from behind the table and set this match up. Once the video comes to an end the show officially opens up inside the empress ballroom. With an electric crowd in attendance we are taken to the commentary table where for one night John Gooden is joined by UK wrestling legend Johnny Saint.

As the cameras take us to the ring while our General Manager's entrance theme plays. The cameras show Katarina Leigh standing in the center of the ring with a microphone in her hand. The general manager has a big smile on her face as she begins by saying that for a long time the UK scene has in her mind been the best in wrestling and that this UK Brand has been proof of such thanks to the efforts of it's wrestlers as well as it's fans. It is with that Katarina makes a blockbuster announcement that on Friday March 2nd for the first time time ever the UK Brand will be going live for it's first ever UK Showcase!

The crowd explodes into cheers at the announcement while Katarina promises a great night packed with great action. Which brings her to her first announcement in regards to the show itself. Mentioning how the UK Championship is on the line tonight. Katarina states that the winner of tonight's main event will then be defending the UK Championship up against this man...

The crowd's pops huge as Tyler Bate's theme begins to play and he emerges out from the back. Bate has a confident smile on his face as he meets Katarina in the ring and shakes her hand. Katarina then passes Tyler the microphone as the crowd continues to chant his name. A confident Bate then talks about tonight's main event as he states that he will be watching the match closely and that personally he doesn't have a preferred opponent. As on one hand it would be an honor for him to fight Doug Williams for the UK Championship whilst on the other it would be great for him to take that title back from Pete Dunne. Closing out the promo Tyler Bate makes it clear that come March 2nd the UK Championship will be strapped around his waist once more as he will become a 2 time UK Champion!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match One: Kenny Williams vs Morgan Webster vs Mark Andrews

Opening the show was a high stakes triple threat match with a twist. As three men all united in a quest for revenge would battle for the rights to take part in a tag team match the following week against Mark Haskins and Josh Bodom. With the kicker being the man pinned in this match would be the one not competing in said match. What followed was a great opening contest packed with non stop action and numerous near falls as all three men looked to send a message ahead of next week's tag team match. In the end however the match would end in a thrilling conclusion as it looked like Morgan Webster had Andrews beat with the Britpop Drop when Kenny Williams drilled Webster with a knee strike before putting him down with the satellite DDT for the victory over Webster.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Kenny Williams!

The crowd cheers as the announcement is made and Kenny Williams climbs to his feet in the ring. As Kenny Williams climbs to his feet in the ring and gets his arm raised. On the outside of the ring we see Mark Andrews slowly take a knee before he stares at Williams knowing it will be the two of them who have to team up the following week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returning backstage the cameras take us to the locker room area where Trent Seven is standing by with Joanna Rose. Seven is quick to react to the earlier news about the UK Showcase and Tyler Bate's title shot. As he says that while he is sad that for now it is the end of his and Tyler's run as a team. With the closing of one door a new one has opened and it is his time to also go on his way and look to the future. Before Joanna can continue the interview however the two would be interrupted by the presence of Jordan Devlin. Still stinging from his defeat at the hands of Bate, Devlin is quick to ask Seven how it feels to be the Marty Jannetty of his team with Bate. This doesn't sit well with Seven who responds by slapping Devlin hard across the jaw. What followed was a quick scuffle between the two men which is quickly broken up by security and officials.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Match Two: Grizzled Young Vets vs Oliver Grey and Charlie Sterling

After their confrontation with CCK at the previous show. The pressure was on the duo of James Drake and Zack Gibson to perform here as they battled Oliver Grey and Charlie Sterling. What followed was a highly enjoyable back and forth tag team match with Charlie Sterling in particular impressing. Unfortunately despite his impressive performance in this match eventually Sterling would be the one to take the fall as after Oliver Grey wiped out both himself and Gibson with a clothesline over the rope. Sterling would be tossed into the ring post before planted with a DDT by Drake for the pin.

Shepherd: And the winners of the match James Drake and Zack Gibson!

The crowd erupts into boos as the announcement is made and soon Drake is joined in the ring by Gibson. As the two men begin celebrating their victory, the cameras take us backstage where both Chris Brookes and Kid Lykos are watching on from a TV in the locker room.

Returning backstage the cameras take us to the hallway of the arena where Adam 'Flex' Maxted is standing by. The brash former reality star despite being win less thus far on the UK Brand is packed full of his usual bravado. Proclaiming himself as a future champion and the soon to be benchmark of British Wrestling. Maxted calls his bad luck a series of flukes that will soon be coming to an end. True to form with most of his run Maxted's boasting would soon come back to bite him as he found himself face to face with Dave Mastiff. Fed up with hearing Maxted boast every week backstage before getting his ass kicked. Mastiff swears that he will shut his mouth once and for all in their match tonight.

With that the cameras take us backstage to the locker room area. It appears we have been taken to the midst of a confrontation as the team of CCK and the Grizzled Young Vets begin trading insults back and forth. A brawl would then break out between the two teams after James Drake shoved Kid Lykos while Zack Gibson slugged Chris Brookes. As the two teams engaged in a brawl in the locker room they soon would find themselves joined in this affray by the UK Brand Tag Team Champions. The Coffey Brothers toss their belts on the ground before joining in the fight with Joe Coffey going right after Chris Brookes while Mark Coffey laid out Drake with a brutal forearm smash. With the brawl destroying parts of the locker room before it soon spills out into the hallway. The security team then rush to the scene as they look to gain control on this wild situation.

Match Three: Dave Mastiff vs Adam Maxted

After his brash remarks earlier on in the evening Adam Maxted found himself in an unenviable position as he stepped in the ring with Dave Mastiff. The hulking British heavyweight very much dominated this contest against the former reality star who still remains win less as part of the UK Brand. As the match continued once again in the crowd we saw a look at a stoic Gideon Grey who watched on as Maxted surprisingly launched a comeback after he hit Mastiff with a DDT. But Maxted's arrogance soon came to bite him as he foolishly looked for a scoop slam on Dave only to buckle under the weight of Mastiff who fell on top of him. Not long after Mastiff would finish Maxted with a cannonball senton for a victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Dave Mastiff!

The crowd gives Mastiff some respectful applause as the announcement is made before he leaves the ring. The cameras meanwhile go back to the crowd where Gideon Grey remains expressionless.

Standing by in the locker room area watching the show as it goes on are Ryan Smile, Chris Ridgeway and Eddie Dennis. As the trio look on the locker room door soon opens before an angered Wolfgang walks into the room. Wolfgang is still demanding answers as he looks to find out who laid out his tag team partner a few weeks ago. Unfortunately none of the three men are any help in regards to the matter as they all state they have no idea who attacked BT Gunn. Despite not being convinced Wolfgang seems to agree when they all state that they have no reason to cover one another. Frustrated at his lack of progress Wolfgang announces he'll go see the general manager.

The cameras then cut to the office of our general manager. Standing by with her associate Luke Menzies is a bemused Katarina Leigh. The GM is listening in as Rockstar Spud makes his pitch for another match against "The Alpha Male" Iestyn Rees. After hearing Spud out Katarina reminds him that he is not cleared to compete for a few more weeks due to the beating Rees gave him before also reminding him of just how one sided their last match was. Despite this knowledge Spud makes it clear that he wants this match more than anything and that Katarina has known him for years. He's always worked for his opportunities and always battled adversity without ever asking for help. But this time Spud is asking for help and what he is asking for is this match against Rees. Sighing as she shakes her heard, Katarina appears to be conflicted as she says that she has always admired the fight Spud has. With that Katarina despite her concerns grants Spud one more match with Rees at the UK Showcase.

Match Four: Ashton Smith vs Tyson T-Bone w/Rampage Brown

A grudge match set from last week's show. Ashton Smith found himself in the ring against Rampage Brown's new tag team partner Tyson T-Bone. This was a physical contest from the off as Smith surprisingly looked to throw down with T-Bone. Watching at ringside Brown remained stoic as slowly this decision to fight T-Bone began to backfire on Smith. Slowly as Smith got overwhelmed by strikes it appeared that at ringside even Rampage Brown began to show slight concern for his former partner. Showing no quit in him Smith tried valiantly to remain in the fight but a nasty headbutt from T-Bone allowed him to then plant Smith with a Full Nelson Slam for the victory.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match Tyson T-Bone!

The crowd boos as the announcement is made and yet despite being victorious Tyson T-Bone is not finished as he pummels Ashton with punches and forearms. That is until he is pulled off Smith by Rampage Brown. Brown looks to talk his partner down before he raises Tyson's arm in the air while the ref checks on Smith.

With that the cameras then once again cut to the general manager's office where an aggressive Wolfgang storms into the room. Demanding answers as to who attacked his friend and tag team partner. Wolfgang doesn't look happy as Katarina Leigh states that there is still no word as to who the assailant was. Visibly irritated Katarina then makes it clear that she is not happy with the way Wolfgang has been acting. Informing him that she has been given word that BT Gunn will in fact return next week and that maybe then they will get their answers. Katarina follows up by stating that similar to Wolfgang she knows someone out there looking for a fight and announces Wolfgang vs Iestyn Rees for the next show.

Main Event: Pete Dunne vs Doug Williams ~ WWE UK Championship

Finally it was time for the main event of the evening and what was quite possibly the most anticipated match featured as part of the UK Brand thus far as Pete Dunne battled Doug Williams. The packed crowd in attendance were electric before the bell even rang and unsurprisingly every fan in the building was fully behind Doug Williams as they hoped he could turn back the clock once more. With the bad blood between them this was a physical contest in which it seemed that both men were looking to prove something to one another. As the contest went on Doug's experience began to play a factor as well as his surprising willingness to bend the rules in an effort to punish Pete Dunne as well as possibly show him the error of his ways. The longer the match went the more clear that this was a fantastic match between the two men with back and forth action plus the drama of this being Doug's last hurrah aiding it. With the knowledge that Doug had stepped out of retirement for this contest adding to it the crowd popped huge for every near fall he scored on Dunne.

To his credit despite his time away from the ring Doug was able to keep up with his much younger opponent and also hit many of his old high spots. This included near falls with his trusted moves The Bomb Scare Knee Drop as well as the Revolution DDT as well as a close near submission following the British figure four. Unfortunately for Doug it seemed that nothing he could do would put the champion away. As the match reached it's twenty first minute mark Williams looked to end it with the Chaos Theory but Dunne having the move well scouted was able to toss Doug into the turnbuckle shoulder first before scoring a near fall of his own following a nasty forearm smash. This blow appeared to be a turning point in the contest as Dunne viciously beat down Doug Williams from this point and seemed more content with punishing Doug as opposed to pinning him.

This behavior as Doug had long predicted eventually cost Dunne as he started looking to humiliate Doug by trash talking him and slapping him on several occasions after a particularly nasty forearm smash. Dunne then looked for another hard slap across the face of Williams who he appeared to be propping up with his other hand but Doug had this scouted and ducked under before hitting the Chaos Theory. The crowd was on it's feet as Williams went for a cover but to the shock of everyone Dunne barely kicked out before the count of three. Tired and exhausted Williams slowly got to his feet with the disappointment written all over his face. Doug motions once more for the Chaos Theory and walks over to the downed Dunne. Before Doug can pick him up Dunne kicks out Williams' knee. This sends Doug stumbling forward into a triangle choke from Dunne. The submission is locked in tight as the crowd boos. Williams falls to a knee in the hold as Dunne begins to punish him with elbow strikes off his back.

Valiantly Doug tries to reach for the ropes with his free hand but is unable to reach them. Dunne tries to use his hands to pull Doug's legs out from under him as Doug tries to stand again. This allows Dunne to roll Doug onto his side while keeping the hold on. Ever the ring general Doug tries to reach for the ropes with his feet as the crowd cheers him on but he is just too far away. With the crowd chanting his name Williams begins to roll Dunne onto his back before scoring a close near fall as Dunne's shoulders were down. Dunne despite having to re-position keeps the choke as Williams begins to attempt to stand. As Williams gets to his feet despite still being in the submission it appears he is going for a last ditch and wants to slam his way out. Despite his face going red from the submission Williams hoists Dunne slowly in the air looking for a slam but as he hoists Dunne up Pete lets go and body scissors on his way down while catching him in a guillotine choke to the horror of the crowd. Williams falls to his knees as Dunne pulls him down to the canvas and after a few seconds the referee checks the arm of Doug before calling for the bell.

Shepherd: And the winner of the match and still champion Pete Dunne!

The crowd in attendance is booing loudly as the announcement is made while Pete Dunne gets to his feet. Dunne gets his arm raised in the air before being presented with his title by the referee. As Dunne holds the title in the air celebrating his win the ref checks on Doug Williams who slowly begins to come round. Realizing he lost Williams covers his face with his hands in disappointment. That is until Pete Dunne stands over Doug Williams and extends him his hand. The crowd in attendance begin to cheer and applaud as Williams lowers his hands and allows Dunne to help him to his feet. With the crowd clapping and cheering for Williams, Pete Dunne in a surprising display of respect raises Doug's arm high in the air.

Doug lowers his arm before he and Dunne face off and both men nod their heads to one another while tears begin to stream down Doug's eyes. Williams snatches Dunne in a tight hug clearly respecting the champion and his skills. Dunne appears to have a slight smile on his face as he hugs Doug back while the crowd is on it's feet cheering. Dunne backs up and starts to clap for Doug while Williams motions for a microphone from Andy Shepherd. Shepherd climbs up onto the apron and holds one out for Doug who takes it and turns back to the center of the ring where he is blasted with a running elbow by Pete Dunne!

Any cheers or goodwill the champion had earned quickly evaporates as he puts the boots to Williams here. Dunne pummels the champion with punches and elbows before he starts stomping on Doug's face. Dragging Williams to his feet Dunne then readies him for the Bitter End when Tyler Bate runs out from the back. As Tyler hits the ring Pete Dunne is quick to bail with his title while Doug falls back onto the mat. While Pete Dunne walks up the ramp Tyler Bate then helps Doug Williams to his feet in the ring before Bate this time raises Williams arm in the air as the show comes to a close.

(c)WorldWrestlingEntertainment

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Big Main Event confirmed for this week's show
    vs
    Pete Dunne, Jordan Devlin and Dave Mastiff vs Doug Williams, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven

After a huge announcement for the main event of the upcoming UK Showcase on the 2nd of March. A huge main event has been confirmed for this week's show as part of the United Kingdom Brand. The match will feature UK Champion Pete Dunne and his long time rival/opponent for the UK showcase Tyler Bate each leading a team against one another in a 6 man tag team match. On Dunne's side will be "The Human Hate Machine" Dave Mastiff as well as the brash, outspoken Jordan Devlin who holds a noted grudge towards Bate and Seven. Meanwhile Bate's team will feature his friend/mentor Trent Seven as well as UK Brand commentator Doug Williams.

Drink It In Maaan!

Status
      Country                    United States

Man, I really dig the work that you are doing with this. And you had the idea before the WWE did! But I am glad that you have made some big signings. I really marked at that Dunne vs Williams match. Keep up the great work and ill keep and eye on this!

Thread Information