Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2018)

I wouldn't worry too much about the move, it seems like they've just done it to guarantee more premium screens in China where the trailer got over like gangbusters. I actually think this date makes more sense anyways. It's right near the beginning of the summer and it's placed nicely between the Infinity War sequel (May 3rd) and Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 5th). Based on the movies releasing next June it should be able to win the box office for its first two weeks before Toy Story 4 comes out and obliterates it.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Keanu Reeves Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Geez it's like the third or four time it's been pushed back right? ^Woah I didn't know their was a true market for X-Men in China these days that is going to help them greatly with their money. My question how many people are going to come to this honestly? I've been a fan of X-Men, but with the way it's going with the Fox merger with Marvel/Disney when we see the X-Men again we are to see a new Cast I imagine. Which is why I'm interested how this ends come June.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

BIG KAIJU~

Status

New Poster and new Trailer coming tomorrow. I wonder who are those Mutants on the bottom right of the Poster?

Real Women of Genius

BIG KAIJU~

Status

I needed that big dick energy with this Trailer and they should of came out with this Trailer from the start. You see Jean being in a battle with herself to control her powers and keep the Phoenix force from controlling her, and it was to see that even Magneto being at the mercy of her power. I don't know if anyone thought about it, but to me it seems Jean killed Mystique watch the Trailer and then you see the Funeral Scene after Mystique tries to talk down Jean. Now you might be wondering that makes no sense to do, kill Mystique how that wraps together with the rest of the Movies? Well X-Men timelines are never on point even Days of Future's past fixed it, but it's still fucked in many ways. Also this could be the last X-Men film with these characters they might want to go all out with this one. Lastly what if Mystique is seemly dead and Magneto later brings her back to life with help and with that her memory of her former life is lost?

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status

Re: X-Men: Dark Phoenix (2019)

I did like this trailer a lot more than the first I must admit. Part of me wonders though if that death is a red herring and it's someone else.

Status
      Country                    United States

Here's a new poster.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Final Trailer. I'm really pulling for this one to be a good film. If theirs one thing I didn't want to see any of in the Trailers is Phoenix showing how strong she is vs Magneto who is a Omega level Mutant in his own right. I would of saved those moments for the watchers because it could of been a OMG moment during the film.

Real Women of Genius

[Knockin' on Heaven's Door]

Status
      Country                    England

Didn't hit me until yesterday that this is essentially the last of the Fox X-Men films, and when you compare the hype for this to Endgame (the end of this MCU generation), it's not even close.

I'll probably watch it at the cinema, but I can't say I've paid much attention to it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status

Here are two new posters.

Here's a new trailer.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

This movie is getting some hilariously awful reviews. I may have to check it out now.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Keanu Reeves Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    This movie is getting some hilariously awful reviews. I may have to check it out now.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    Classic X-Men film. Either fantastic or awful with no in between

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

30 Days of WC Member's Choice - Coming Soon - PM me match suggestions

Shock Reviews Archive

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Classic X-Men film. Either fantastic or awful with no in between

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Peak X-Men is in between (Logan aside, and Deadpool too if we're including that).

People's Champion

Status

Man another bad super hereo movie this year!!!

However lots of people liked end game and i found it pretty bad.

I guess Xmen 2 remains best xmen movie ( not counting the ones Jon put in brackets)

But id rather see it for myself.
    Last edited by indyfan; 06-06-2019 at 11:46 AM.
    Vayne, Fuji, Grim, Booty,Shock, Rainskaker, Nat, Hoho and Lghikas are the best!!!!!!!!!!

On Vacation

Status

I'm not sure what people are expecting when they go see an X-Men film. I just got back from seeing it and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

If you were a fan of the Dark Phoenix Saga from either the comics or the Animated Series, it does it much better service than The Last Stand and has some good nods to the source material.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Well I've been meaning to see this Film as people have known from me. I was one of the ones if not the only one who had high hopes for this film, and I can say this film is way.........WAY.....WAY better than Apocalypse and I thought it was a good film, but it has it's problems greatly and that is the problem with the last three I feel. Yes even Days of Future's Past which I fucking love to death as well as First Class has Plotholes they didn't talk about or acknowledge at all and it still sticks with me. Time for the Spoiler tags dudes and dudettes.

Spoiler:

It sucks that this is the last X-Men film because this film needed to me to be two films. I would say no one I felt packed it in and that includes Lawrence who people said she's been packing it it, but at times I questioned the direction of some characters. Turner I felt was fucking amazing in this, even though she raced to being evil a little too fast for my liking. She goes from being happy, to being confused on what is going with her Dad that she thought was dead, to wanting to hurt her X-Men family? If anything be unhappy with Xavier who I feel like I felt they were making her an Antagonist, but their was no need for her to completely forget everything and lose it. Phoenix Force powers or not she of done lost it later it, but the fighting was cool I would say.

I dug the Scenes anytime they made Xavier look like a fool and completely wrong for what he did to Jean. Beast should be pissed off at him for what he did like Magneto was, but please tell me why in the fuck did he go into I'm going to kill Jean mode? The real Beast would never....EVER...act like that and join Magneto. I get it you lost Mystique someone you loved, but when I saw him go to Magneto and be with the Brotherhood I was like nope..nope..

If theirs one thing that hurts this film is the lack of care and importance to Vuk who Jessica Chastain is playing. Me knowing the Comics Vuk was played by a Male, but you pretty much no idea why they want the Phoenix Force and why should I care. Granted they aren't the Villains of this film, but damn it's a huge sour spot to see the caliber of Chastain be so badly misused I feel.

I would say the third act was pretty cool they kinda swerved us because at least I thought the Train stuff was all Jean and it wasn't at all. It was a Brotherhood/X-Men vs D'bari fighting to either take Jean or help protect it. It was cool to say Mutants vs Mutants and it was kinda not shocking to see Jean finally embrace the Phoenix powers and kill Vuk and protect her family. The problem with this is you see her force flying in the air at the end of the film so we know she's not dead, Mystique isn't dead somehow everything needs to fit the first X-Men film and it's kinda stupid they left that in there. Hey Magneto and Xavier about to play Chess as if they are going to do a future film and they could of really went into Space in a second film, but they felt the need to say hey Jean is okay don't worry.

All in all a solid film. It's the not way they would of wanted to go out for sure, but this film wasn't criminally bad as people might make it out to be. It's not Apocalypse at all, but they could of tweaks some things here and there and this could of been better received. Even like I said a second film would of done this Story justice this should of been the previous film and not Apocalypse. We went to him too early and last film could be the Endgame with a huge battle in Space especially once Jean would of gotten kidnapped and put on Trail, adding Lilandra, the Shi'ar Empire into the fold.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 06-07-2019 at 02:30 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Hail To The King

Status
    At the movies watching this rn will review after

Just got out of the movie and my reaction is pretty solid movie nothing that would send you over but def not as bad as you think. Fassbender is really good in this

Spoiler:

the villian in this sucked Chastain whose not my fav actress did no favors in this also the backstory explanation needed to be much better I rather seen phenoix story do down like in Ultimate Alliance
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 06-10-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Scumbag Role Model

Status

This was the absolute worst Marvel movie ever made. Worst than the first time they did this story with Brett Ratner. Why do people love this X-Men story so much? It was overrated to begin with and it’s impossible to get the tone right for a full length movie.

Sophie Turner and Jessica Chastain with one of the worst on screen performances ironically since January Jones’ Emma Frost.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

No One

Status

Haven't watched it yet but idk who thought it was a good idea to let the guy who wrote X-Men The Last Stand get a second shot at writing the Dark Phoenix and even give him the director reigns this time.

Status

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $33,000,000 23.6%
    + Foreign: $107,000,000 76.4%
    = Worldwide: $140,000,000
    With a 200 million dollar budget, this movie is predicted to lose at least 100 million dollars with this opening.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

I didn't think this was as bad as everybody is saying but having said that it still wasn't all that good. It really just fell flat for me, it was very "meh". It felt rushed and almost phoned in for some of the cast. Not that it didn't have some good moments they just weren't executed as well as could have been. I could see an extended directors cut version being better but since this was the same guy who wrote Last Stand I don't have a lot of hope that an extended version exists. I think we'll just have to wait 10 years for an MCU version and then we'll finally get a kick ass Phoenix movie.

Thread Information