Eagerly await Kendricks transformation into Jesus

Pop!

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 24 November 2017: WORLDS STRONGEST TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT - DAY 1 RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Sayer View Post
    Eagerly await Kendricks transformation into Jesus
    Me too. After we had posted our promos he had told me his plans for his character- and I really like what he said.

Aaron Kendrick

Status

I hope it translates. Either way, it'll be fun. I'm honestly just having a great time doing this right now. And I love reading what everyone else posts as well. A lot of talent here in FWA.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Good show. Nice to see DFB get the win in the main event. Throws an immediate curveball at the whole tag team tournament and shows the champs are beatable. Although it also shows the champs are beatable, which might not do wonders for the belts themselves.

But if you're aiming for competition and "anyone can be beaten on any night," then this result serves the purpose.

Block A is way more up in the air than Block B, which seems to be Rondo/Kennedy's to lose unless Rockstar I&I gets an upset or gets lucky with a no-show. No offense to Starr, who is rising up fast, but Jiggy and Shake is a tough draw for someone still new to the FWA. Why weren't there cross-block matches to avoid byes? You face your entire block once and face a random team from the opposite block once, rotating each week. Everyone gets 5 matches. Fewer chances for ties in points. Can't go back now. Just for future reference.

Parr-Cyrus is great if it's developed but I had some issues with the opening segment. Parr is the aggressor and basically comes off as someone trying to punch above his weight, while Cyrus is still thinking of Shannon ... which is fine and all but ... it's just weird for Cyrus to start that way. It comes off like Parr is a place-holder while Cyrus waits for Shannon. I get that Cyrus is the ex-World Champ, but Parr held the North American title for like 17 months. He set the record for the belt and is in the top 3 longest title reigns in FWA history. This should've started with them as equals, not with Cyrus essentially burying Parr from the get-go. I get that the ending should void all of that, but it still sticks with me.

Bell's segment was fun and good and a long time coming. Well-deserved moment. Now it gets really tough for Bellzer.

Zako and Hanz getting some play is good and I really enjoyed Ty Johnson/Tommy Thunder. Also glad to see Mad Kingdom getting some time in there for a segment. Where is Genocide?

Well-balanced show but nothing really "stole" it, per se. Going by the new grading scale:

31/40

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Good show. Nice to see DFB get the win in the main event. Throws an immediate curveball at the whole tag team tournament and shows the champs are beatable. Although it also shows the champs are beatable, which might not do wonders for the belts themselves.

But if you're aiming for competition and "anyone can be beaten on any night," then this result serves the purpose.

Block A is way more up in the air than Block B, which seems to be Rondo/Kennedy's to lose unless Rockstar I&I gets an upset or gets lucky with a no-show. No offense to Starr, who is rising up fast, but Jiggy and Shake is a tough draw for someone still new to the FWA. Why weren't there cross-block matches to avoid byes? You face your entire block once and face a random team from the opposite block once, rotating each week. Everyone gets 5 matches. Fewer chances for ties in points. Can't go back now. Just for future reference.

Parr-Cyrus is great if it's developed but I had some issues with the opening segment. Parr is the aggressor and basically comes off as someone trying to punch above his weight, while Cyrus is still thinking of Shannon ... which is fine and all but ... it's just weird for Cyrus to start that way. It comes off like Parr is a place-holder while Cyrus waits for Shannon. I get that Cyrus is the ex-World Champ, but Parr held the North American title for like 17 months. He set the record for the belt and is in the top 3 longest title reigns in FWA history. This should've started with them as equals, not with Cyrus essentially burying Parr from the get-go. I get that the ending should void all of that, but it still sticks with me.

Bell's segment was fun and good and a long time coming. Well-deserved moment. Now it gets really tough for Bellzer.

Zako and Hanz getting some play is good and I really enjoyed Ty Johnson/Tommy Thunder. Also glad to see Mad Kingdom getting some time in there for a segment. Where is Genocide?

Well-balanced show but nothing really "stole" it, per se. Going by the new grading scale:

31/40
    The Project isn't out of it. And the Echo aren't pushovers either. It isn't necessarily the given you think it is. Genocide are capable of pulling off an upset, too.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Sayer View Post
    The Project isn't out of it.
    I know y'all omitted the match but they seem pretty out of it based on results IJS

MEWTWO'S AWESOME!! *clap clap clap clap*
    MEWTWO'S AWESOME!! *clap clap clap clap*

Heel Champion

Status

One match doesn't win you tag league, though.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Why weren't there cross-block matches to avoid byes? You face your entire block once and face a random team from the opposite block once, rotating each week. Everyone gets 5 matches. Fewer chances for ties in points. Can't go back now. Just for future reference.
    we didnt do this because the round robin schedules were program-generated (we sure werent going to do em by hand lulz) and because the two league blocks are set up to keep teams who have the same handlers apart. for example, this week the echo and bell connelly/shannon are on bye. if there was a cross-block match, well....

a sub-point is also that it would add an extra element of randomness ala a NFL 'strength of schedule' type thingy that we wanted to avoid.

Thread Information