Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The 10,000 Seat Event

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

The 10,000 Seat Event

The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes are planning something big for 2018. Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the Bullet Club members are in talks with multiple venues to put on a 10,000 seat event.

As you may recall,The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer tweeted earlier this year saying ROH wouldn’t sell out a 10K seat show “any time soon” and Cody responded saying he’d “take that bet.”

Sources tell us the wrestler has been dedicated to making it happen since, so the trio recently decided to take things into their own hands by self-financing the event — which is tentatively being called “All In” — and things have been rapidly progressing the past few weeks towards an official announcement. Cody tweeted a photo last weekend showing the group on a scouting mission with Marty Scurll.

We’re told the current front-runner locations for the show are Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario, California (where Bullet Club’s WWE invasion took place).

Our sources say Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Rhodes are looking to partner with ROH, who they have exclusive domestic contracts with, but it’s unclear if an official deal has been worked out yet.

Cody’s “Spend it Now, Make More Later” catchphrase has never been more appropriate.

Thought this would be worth discussing, do you guys think this is doable? Not always a fan of the trio but respect the hell out of them for putting their money were their mouths are, although if ROH aren't part of this I'm not sure that meets the criteria of Meltzer's claim.

Re: The 10,000 Seat Event

I don't see how they could possibly come close to selling out a 10,000 seat arena. To give you some perspective, the biggest attendance number in ROH history was at Supercard of Honor XI, with a grand total of...3,500 fans in the building. Even TNA's biggest attendance number was only 7,200 fans back at Lockdown 2013. I'm under the impression that the only NJPW show that gets over 10,000 fans is the annual Tokyo Dome show. They would need something huge to possibly fill such an arena, something beyond just normal Bullet Club talent.

Now, could they have the highest attendance for an American non-WWE event in 2018? Quite possibly.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I don't see how they could possibly come close to selling out a 10,000 seat arena. To give you some perspective, the biggest attendance number in ROH history was at Supercard of Honor XI, with a grand total of...3,500 fans in the building. Even TNA's biggest attendance number was only 7,200 fans back at Lockdown 2013. I'm under the impression that the only NJPW show that gets over 10,000 fans is the annual Tokyo Dome show. They would need something huge to possibly fill such an arena, something beyond just normal Bullet Club talent.

Now, could they have the highest attendance for an American non-WWE event in 2018? Quite possibly.
    I think Global Wars: Chicago outdrew that number with 5,000. But they would still need a huge talent for this.

Fair fucks to them if they pull it off or even attempt to try it. They are taking a financial risk and I hope they can succeed. Let's see how popular indy wrestling truly is.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Nah, the G1 finals, Sakura Genesis and Dominion hit over 10k this year. KOPW hit over 10k last year also.

Heard that they wanted Daniel Bryan to main event. Could work.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

I can't remember if I said it on here, or on twitter, but I said that The Elite are now over to the point now where I think they're a bigger draw than ROH and could effectively put on their own mania weekend show that would be the 3rd biggest crowd to Takeover and mania itself. This is something however that's 1) probably too ambitious and 2) shows how easily gotten too this group are, because even one of their biggest backers, Big Dave Meltzer, has them all worked up. I know they said something at the ROH UK shows about wanting to come back and sell out Wembley Arena, so this has probably been on their minds for a while, but I wish this wasn't attached to trying to prove a Dave Meltzer tweet wrong. By aiming for 10k, if they hit 5k which is a great achievement, it might be reported on as a failure.

In any event, this is something that wrestling fans should want to be a success because it shows how alive the non-WWE wrestling world is. Said it before and I'll say it again, 2018 is going to be one of the biggest years in wrestling in a long time.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Maybe they'll paper the show by handing out free tickets at Hot Topic.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m hoping one of these days someone says Cody Rhodes doesn’t have the balls to kill himself and then he actually does it.

Okay, fucked up joke aside (really fucked up, where did that come from ), I think they at least have a chance to get close and still come off as a success. Even if they don’t hit their mark, they can still hit within 25% of that and still make it an impressive feat. They of course need all the Omegas and Bryan’s as they can get and not wear out their welcome before hand. I just don’t really expect this to be the success THEY imagine this to be and Cody’s playing his character too much in real life.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 11-29-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Isn’t this going to be some time off happening if they want Bryan? Didn’t think he could leave WWE until at least halfway through 2018. Omega is a must and I’m sure will be there.

Sweet Meat

Status

This won't draw 10,000, but if it does 3,000-4,000 its still a success.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    This won't draw 10,000, but if it does 3,000-4,000 its still a success.
    Why would that be a success? That's peak ROH 2017 numbers. If they go out of the way to create some long awaited event in a giant arena, for indie wrestling, and they merely bring in the same amount of fans ROH brought in during 2017, it seems like it'd be a pretty big fucking waste.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I would be shocked to see them fill 10,000 fans, but with their popularity and a good card it's possible. Either way it's makes their brand become more known and let the money roll in and let's all do the Electric Slide.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Sweet Meat

Status

Why would that be a success? That's peak ROH 2017 numbers. If they go out of the way to create some long awaited event in a giant arena, for indie wrestling, and they merely bring in the same amount of fans ROH brought in during 2017, it seems like it'd be a pretty big fucking waste.
    It is a success because that is still a lot of fans and they'd be making money. Drawing 3-4k isn't super common.

Anybody who thinks they're touching 10,000 is delusional, people need to get their expectations in check.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    It is a success because that is still a lot of fans and they'd be making money. Drawing 3-4k isn't super common.
    This has all seemingly kicked off because Bullet Club wanted to prove that they could fill a 10,000 seat arena. Drawing 3-4k is certainly a great indie number, but they've already accomplished that with ROH this year. The other thing to take into account is that typically the larger the arena, the more money a company needs to pay to use it. This was actually part of the problem of ROH's failed west coast excursion in 2007 when they made the foolish decision to run at the Cow Palace where they managed to draw a whopping 350 fans in a building that once held 11,000 fans at No Way Out 2004.

Unless they're planning on starting up their own promotion, renting a 10,000 seat arena and filling it up with the same number that ROH did for peak 2017 would be considered a failure and a waste of time. I don't think they need to sell out the entire 10,000 arena to be considered a success, but fuck, they need to get far closer to 10,000 than just 3,000-4,000.

Sweet Meat

Status

Nah, it'd be a success.

But they won't win their little bet with mark Meltzer.

Spoiler:

If nothing else, I imagine it will be an amazing day for merchandise sales for Bullet Club.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

If nothing else, I imagine it will be an amazing day for merchandise sales for Bullet Club.
    But even then, that won’t be impressive because it’s been proven that Bullet Club don’t have to be at big shows to push their merch.

In response to an earlier post saying as a wrestling fan you would want this to be a success, I can see why you would want it to be one because more eyes on an alternate would be a site to behold, but a lot of signs are pointing me this being extremely easy to root against. The reason for this show doesn’t seem sincere. Doesn’t feel like a show done to benefit the wrestling scene as a whole and achieve something that hasn’t been done by someone that’s not the WWE in over sixteen years. It’ll be rooted in shoving it in the face of a person who called people an asshole because they didn’t agree with him that Flair wasn’t a cultural icon and legit posted a tweet that said “Zangeif isn’t fictional”.

Also I’ve seen my fair share of Bullet Club/Elite centric booked shows this year that aren’t appealing at all in quality and I wouldn’t trust that to appeal to a broader, larger audience.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
    Drawing 3-4k wouldn't be a success at all because making money & having a good house isn't relevant to their motivation for running so you have to judge it for the criteria they set.

That said, I wouldn't be so sure this will be a failure. Whatever you think of the BC as talents, and God knows I don't like any of them, Cody might be my "favorite" of this garbage faction for Christ's sake. But of the big 4, they are absolutely fantastic self-promoters and will go to every length to make this a reality, and you can bet your ass if they're at around 8,000 a few weeks out they'll slash ticket prices to shreds to reach 10 plus they'll also probably resort to heavily papering as well to make it look better. The BC's fanbase isn't wrestling fans it's "rebellious" teens that go to Hot Topic. Just being at this show will be marketed and likely seen by many as an anti-WWE, us vs them, the BC fans are a family, fuck the machine, blahblahblah, rite of passage.

Minor success without 10k would be the highest drawing indie show on US soil in history (which would be over 7500, and I think they will ftr), but to me if you shoot for 10k you should go for broke and stick it to Meltzer like you want, as dumb of a reason as that is. My dream scenario is they announce that they hit 10k & Meltzer comes out & reports it's 9300 or something just because of the Twitter backlash from dumb BC fans. And then on here I can read about how it's okay because BC was "parodying" WMIII.
    Last edited by Zero; 11-30-2017 at 10:02 AM.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

It could be a success, people like to be part of history and wouldn't this be the first over 10,000 non wwe event for a while? I think the intrigue alone would make it somewhat close to their target.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    It could be a success, people like to be part of history and wouldn't this be the first over 10,000 non wwe event for a while? I think the intrigue alone would make it somewhat close to their target.
    In America, nothing has come close to 10,000 fans for a non-WWE event since mid 2000 WCW.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I think they were already planning a Bullet Club show and they used Dave's tweet for exposure/publicity. So yeah, they don't have to draw 10k for this to be a success. If they break ROH/TNA records then that would be a success. With the right build in the right building, and with the right start on the card though, they could though. I believe. One event, built over the course of 2018, pushed on Twitter by the whole BC. Maybe even make tickets available early, so you have more time. If you get Jericho in there that might help.

Thread Information