Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: #AllIn - The 10,000 Seat Event

Jobber

Status

Re: #AllIn - The 10,000 Seat Event

I don't get the CM Punk hate. I mean, I think it's because some wrestling fans hate when a wrestler actually decides to step away or stand up for himself. That's all he has done, and I fail to see how he's distanced himself from the industry. Of course he's not talking about the WWE outright, it ended badly, relations are bad and a lawsuit is underway. If he was really done with wrestling, He'd not be appearing during the All In weekend, and anyone who has followed Punk knows he is a massive wrestling nerd. He's wrestled since he was a teenager and one of the main reasons he has a problem with the WWE is not because they failed him health wise, it was because he wanted to be in the main event of Wrestlemania, and when you consider how much of a draw and massive star he was, it's no surprise that hurt him.

Status

Funny that a thread on the biggest non-WWE show in the States in a LONG time gets stuck on a non-wrestler

I've always seen the "CM Punk" chants as the fans expressing frustration at whatever they are getting more than anything else. It seems likely that some fans do hold out hope that Punk will make some amazing return to the WWE.... but most of us realize he is not just done with the WWE but the business as a whole.

Love him or hate him, one thing I think Punk does deserve a tip of the cap for is that, by every indication, he was smart with the money he made. He doesn't NEED to come back to wrestling just to pay bills. Even without the money he's getting from the UFC (which is another hotpoint entirely) and other ventures, he's in a better way than the majority of pro wrestlers.

About the All In show, what I am REALLY curious about is whether this will lead to anything further. Is this the first step in Cody and his crew trying to run a promotion of their own? I mean, if its more than a one-off, you would almost want to start marketing it under the banner they would use going forward as soon as possible, so I have my doubts. But that would be something I could get behind.

I'm cool. I think

Status

CM Punk doing these signings is somewhat interesting, but I'm not holding my breath on a return to the ring. I don't think he's going to seriously consider doing that until after his second UFC fight. The man is well off financially last I checked, and considering what he's said about his last run, I'd say he'd only be wrestling on rare occasions and only against people he thinks he'd have fun with. That's probably it.
    I have been reborn.

Curtain Jerker

Status

The power of social media for pro wrestling is incredible.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Has Punk really done that good of a job distancing himself? If he really wanted to fully distance himself he wouldn’t have done shit like AOW podcast which people STILL reference and there’s still a long lasting effect from it. Plus he’s got a shop on “Pro Wrestling Tees”, etc.

Also the word is Cody challenging for the NWA strap is what the main event will be and a lot has that to do with Cody being in the drivers seat and Corgan being involved. That deserves a bigger walk out than Joe/Reigns if true.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Has Punk really done that good of a job distancing himself? If he really wanted to fully distance himself he wouldn’t have done shit like AOW podcast which people STILL reference and there’s still a long lasting effect from it. Plus he’s got a shop on “Pro Wrestling Tees”, etc.
    That was how many years ago? He did one monster interview and that was essentially it. Okay, so he has a Pro Wrestling Tees shop, which these days is the bare minimal of what virtually every single wrestler, not signed by the WWE has.

How often does Punk even talk about wrestling on his Twitter? Unless you expected him to live under a rock, what Punk is doing is very much so distancing himself in a big way. Had Punk wanted to, he could have kept himself the center of attention by appearing on everyone's podcast, constantly talking about wrestling, and doing everything else that everyone else does.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Why? Cody would be helping put that belt back on the map. The association with NWA is good. Plus is Dusty can book himself Champion so can Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Why? Cody would be helping put that belt back on the map. The association with NWA is good. Plus is Dusty can book himself Champion so can Cody.
    Dusty may have overbooked himself to do a lot of things, but he absolutely never had the power to make himself NWA World Champion.

Hail To The King

Status

Punk isnt coming back at All IN hes got a ufc fight coming no way dana white is letting him. White is smart he knows punk name sells.

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    Punk isnt coming back at All IN hes got a ufc fight coming no way dana white is letting him. White is smart he knows punk name sells.
    The scheduled fight is in June. The All In event is September. Not sure if it was made public how many fights Punk is signed for. But if he loses badly again... most UFC contracts allow the fighter to be cut after consecutive losses, and there some talk that he wouldn't get a 2nd fight after the first loss. So quite possible he is no longer under UFC contract by the time the event happens.

Which is not to say I think he will or should have anything to do with the event. Just that there are possibilities with that, as his UFC contract might not be an issue if he's not with them anymore

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Dusty may have overbooked himself to do a lot of things, but he absolutely never had the power to make himself NWA World Champion.
    Fair enough but neither does Cody in this situation.

To my overall point, I would be excited for Cody to be involved in the NWA. I mean, think between 10 Pounds of Gold and Being the Elite, we get two weekly builds to this match a week hopefully, and with two different perspectives and production styles. We still have three months of build too so that’s plenty of time to heat this match up.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    That was how many years ago? He did one monster interview and that was essentially it. Okay, so he has a Pro Wrestling Tees shop, which these days is the bare minimal of what virtually every single wrestler, not signed by the WWE has.

How often does Punk even talk about wrestling on his Twitter? Unless you expected him to live under a rock, what Punk is doing is very much so distancing himself in a big way. Had Punk wanted to, he could have kept himself the center of attention by appearing on everyone's podcast, constantly talking about wrestling, and doing everything else that everyone else does.
    The amount of time doesn’t matter. It’s still something that’s out there for access at any time and the content of it is still something people always go to when there’s any sort of chance to tie into any rumblings of Punk and wrestling because there’s so much shit in it he can still be accountable for every time he does something.

Podcasts, check them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Roby
    Well if we were for sure getting Cody/Magnus then there’s several reasons: that match sounds shit, NWA’s getting handcuffed to something that still won’t propel then to what they’re trying to reach, neither of those guys are top five in terms of draw on this show, that match will suck, fans will not cooperate to that main eventing and it would certainly bring quick comparison to the WWE main event scene which is surely something I think The Elite guys don’t want, and oh yeah, the match will be shit.

But these guys were smart enough to pull off a 30 minute sell out so I actually do believe they’re smart enough to not put that on last or throw people off the scent of Cody/Magnus completely.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    The amount of time doesn’t matter. It’s still something that’s out there for access at any time and the content of it is still something people always go to when there’s any sort of chance to tie into any rumblings of Punk and wrestling because there’s so much shit in it he can still be accountable for every time he does something.
    The severity of the podcast doesn't change the fact that it's coming up on four years old. The Colt interview was a way for Punk to stop people from asking questions by giving one detailed interview airing all of his grievousness against the WWE to ensure that any time the someone would want him to comment on something, he can just point them right back at the Cabana interview rather than do yet another interview. It's the complete opposite as someone like Ryback who often brings up his issues every chance he gets on his podcast.

Just because the podcast captivated people so much that they haven't forgotten it doesn't erase the fact that it's the one interview Punk did and it was years ago.

You can distance yourself without avoiding wrestling 100%. Unless Punk was going to pull a Tom Zenk and completely disappear for years without any signs, he's purposely lost out on a ton of money and even greater attention had he been willing to capitalize on his situation, which he hasn't.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

So it’s now set that Cody will challenge for the NWA title ONLY if he’s the ROH Champion.

oh my god it’s really main eventing
    -------
    Spoiler:

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I wouldn't put it against Cody if the whole point of this event was just saw he could manipulate Corgan into winning the same title his dad won without having to work in front of crowds of 100.

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Okada Vs Scurll is the first match announced for this show.

Well, realistically they were never going to do something like Omega or Ibushi Vs Okada, so I think a match that NJPW would never run in Scurll Vs Okada makes a lot of senses. The crowd that will go to All In will be into it, and it's a marketing dreaming with Rainmaker Vs Umbrella.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    Okada Vs Scurll is the first match announced for this show.

Well, realistically they were never going to do something like Omega or Ibushi Vs Okada, so I think a match that NJPW would never run in Scurll Vs Okada makes a lot of senses. The crowd that will go to All In will be into it, and it's a marketing dreaming with Rainmaker Vs Umbrella.
    That's a hell of a way to kick things off. That match alone definitely has me interested. This show could really be something special. It really needs to be.

The Man

Status

Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky are All In

S-C-U!

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

How's Scorpio Sky doing these days? He used to be my favorite during my brief stint watching Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Joey Janela vs Hangman Page announced for All In.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Thread Information