Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The 10,000 Seat Event

People's Champion

Status

Re: The 10,000 Seat Event

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Drawing 3-4k wouldn't be a success at all because making money & having a good house isn't relevant to their motivation for running so you have to judge it for the criteria they set.

That said, I wouldn't be so sure this will be a failure. Whatever you think of the BC as talents, and God knows I don't like any of them, Cody might be my "favorite" of this garbage faction for Christ's sake. But of the big 4, they are absolutely fantastic self-promoters and will go to every length to make this a reality, and you can bet your ass if they're at around 8,000 a few weeks out they'll slash ticket prices to shreds to reach 10 plus they'll also probably resort to heavily papering as well to make it look better. The BC's fanbase isn't wrestling fans it's "rebellious" teens that go to Hot Topic. Just being at this show will be marketed and likely seen by many as an anti-WWE, us vs them, the BC fans are a family, fuck the machine, blahblahblah, rite of passage.

Minor success without 10k would be the highest drawing indie show on US soil in history (which would be over 7500, and I think they will ftr), but to me if you shoot for 10k you should go for broke and stick it to Meltzer like you want, as dumb of a reason as that is. My dream scenario is they announce that they hit 10k & Meltzer comes out & reports it's 9300 or something just because of the Twitter backlash from dumb BC fans. And then on here I can read about how it's okay because BC was "parodying" WMIII.

This is hilarious because I always assumed, from the selfies you post here, that you are a hot topic teen.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

For ref, here's a list of the top 10 highest drawing indies on US soil.

FMLL @ Los Angeles 1/26/2013 - 7,000 - main event: trios match feat. La Par-K, Hijo del Santo, Dr. Wagner Jr

Clash of the Legends 4/27/2007 - 6,000 - main event: Hulk Hogan vs. Paul Wight

NWA New Jersey / NWA Pro 6/27/2009 - 5,500 main event: Apolo vs. Dimitrious Papadon

Memphis Wrestling Throwback Night 2 2004 - 5,000 - main event: tag featuring Terry Funk, Jimmy Hart, Jerry Lawler and Cory Maclin

Clash of the Legends @ Midsouth Coliseum 6/15/2001 - 4,700 - main event: Jerry Lawler vs. Lord Hugh Mungus

WrestleCade 2016 11/26/2016 - 4,000 - main event: Matt Hardy vs. Ryback

Show @ Chicago 2/17/2013 - 3,500 - main event: trios match feat. La Par-K, Hijo del Santo, Blue Demon Jr.

RoH Supercard of Honor XI - 3,500 - main event: Young Bucks vs. Hardy Boyz

NEW Wrestling under the Stars - 3,341 - main event: Young Bucks vs. Alberto El Patron & Rey Mysterio

APW Cow Palace Royal 2017 - 3,000 - main event: Cody Rhodes vs. Joey Ryan
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Tough order to get 10,00 then.
    Kazuchika Okada "Tokuniarimasen"

HOSS MOD

Status

Zero's not a Hot Topic teen, indy. Zero's a weeb. There's a huge difference.

JK I luv you Dylan

Rebel Heart

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Drawing 3-4k wouldn't be a success at all because making money & having a good house isn't relevant to their motivation for running so you have to judge it for the criteria they set.

That said, I wouldn't be so sure this will be a failure. Whatever you think of the BC as talents, and God knows I don't like any of them, Cody might be my "favorite" of this garbage faction for Christ's sake. But of the big 4, they are absolutely fantastic self-promoters and will go to every length to make this a reality, and you can bet your ass if they're at around 8,000 a few weeks out they'll slash ticket prices to shreds to reach 10 plus they'll also probably resort to heavily papering as well to make it look better. The BC's fanbase isn't wrestling fans it's "rebellious" teens that go to Hot Topic. Just being at this show will be marketed and likely seen by many as an anti-WWE, us vs them, the BC fans are a family, fuck the machine, blahblahblah, rite of passage.

Minor success without 10k would be the highest drawing indie show on US soil in history (which would be over 7500, and I think they will ftr), but to me if you shoot for 10k you should go for broke and stick it to Meltzer like you want, as dumb of a reason as that is. My dream scenario is they announce that they hit 10k & Meltzer comes out & reports it's 9300 or something just because of the Twitter backlash from dumb BC fans. And then on here I can read about how it's okay because BC was "parodying" WMIII.
    Even if the BC did slash prices just to fill out the arena or over inflate the number of tickets sold, that's not just a Wrestlemania III parody, it's par for the course for most wrestling promotions that use little tricks to make it sound like they've done better business than they actually have. Do Dragon Gate ever release genuine numbers for example?

My hunch is that Chris Jericho will probably be involved in this too if he hasn't returned to WWE at some point in 2018, which would be a big get for them for advertising purposes.

[Your Name.]

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

My hunch is that Chris Jericho will probably be involved in this too if he hasn't returned to WWE at some point in 2018, which would be a big get for them for advertising purposes.
    Having Jericho would definitely help. Say Y2J/Omega goes well at WK, run the rematch here?

I think the ROH link could end up being very important in this. Working with ROH means they may get some of the New Japan stars, but relying on ROH/CMLL/Rev Pro names to draw could be mission impossible. Go completely independent and you've got the already mentioned Daniel Bryan possibility, Rey Mysterio, PENTA & FENIX would all be usable & a bigger US draw than any of the CMLL guys, Jericho would still be available presuming he isn't locked in to New Japan past one show. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they pestered the shit out of CM Punk for some sort of role.

There's far more potential there IMO than in working with ROH & partners. But again, that'd break the deal with the original bet so I dunno.

Rebel Heart

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Having Jericho would definitely help. Say Y2J/Omega goes well at WK, run the rematch here?

I think the ROH link could end up being very important in this. Working with ROH means they may get some of the New Japan stars, but relying on ROH/CMLL/Rev Pro names to draw could be mission impossible. Go completely independent and you've got the already mentioned Daniel Bryan possibility, Rey Mysterio, PENTA & FENIX would all be usable & a bigger US draw than any of the CMLL guys, Jericho would still be available presuming he isn't locked in to New Japan past one show. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if they pestered the shit out of CM Punk for some sort of role.

There's far more potential there IMO than in working with ROH & partners. But again, that'd break the deal with the original bet so I dunno.
    I hope it doesn't turn out to be just an ROH because what's the point, we're not seeing anything different and I don't think that would encourage enough people to travel to the show. With Marty you've got links to loads of British wrestlers, with Bucks you've got links to everyone who's on the PWG scene, Cody has links with former WWE guys; use them and put on something we're not going to see any other night of the year.

One thing I haven't seen discussed is if they should tape the show or try to stream it live or what have you. They'd probably get more people to the arena if they said your only chance to see these matches is if you attend in person.

Hey Yo!

Status

Wouldn’t be shocked if they get quite a few high profile not currently signed to the E. X PAC would be a nice attraction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[Your Name.]

Status

One thing I haven't seen discussed is if they should tape the show or try to stream it live or what have you. They'd probably get more people to the arena if they said your only chance to see these matches is if you attend in person.
    If they stream it, contracts will start to come into play again, so they may be better off with just going live followed by a taped release. And as you said, it'll get more people there on the day too.

Another thing to consider - do you try to piggyback off of a big WWE event or do you purposely avoid being near the WWE? If you do run it the night before a WWE PPV, what's an ideal time to do that with? Although Wrestlemania weekend would have a ton of fans and seemingly every wrestler in town, there's also a ton of different events already going on, which will result in too much competition for the Bullet Club event. Maybe go with Summerslam weekend in NYC or Survivor Series weekend in LA?

It'd also be curious to see how the WWE responds to this. They do have a long history of purposely trying to fuck over other companies by bringing the WWE in town the night before to draw fans to their show instead. That could be a tricky thing too since Bullet Club will be having to scout arenas that typically aren't hosting indie wrestling events, with some of these arenas willing to go along with the WWE's unofficial statement of not working with Bullet Club, if the arena wishes to see the WWE return any time soon.

What happens behind the scenes could be easily more interesting than what happens on the actual show.

Rebel Heart

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Another thing to consider - do you try to piggyback off of a big WWE event or do you purposely avoid being near the WWE? If you do run it the night before a WWE PPV, what's an ideal time to do that with? Although Wrestlemania weekend would have a ton of fans and seemingly every wrestler in town, there's also a ton of different events already going on, which will result in too much competition for the Bullet Club event. Maybe go with Summerslam weekend in NYC or Survivor Series weekend in LA?

It'd also be curious to see how the WWE responds to this. They do have a long history of purposely trying to fuck over other companies by bringing the WWE in town the night before to draw fans to their show instead. That could be a tricky thing too since Bullet Club will be having to scout arenas that typically aren't hosting indie wrestling events, with some of these arenas willing to go along with the WWE's unofficial statement of not working with Bullet Club, if the arena wishes to see the WWE return any time soon.

What happens behind the scenes could be easily more interesting than what happens on the actual show.
    I don't see them going down the route of piggy-backing a big 4 ppv weekend because it can be thrown in their faces that they needed WWE's help getting that many fans into a city to draw a big crowd to their show. How petty WWE could be in return will be the more possible and interesting thing to me.

I think this whole story is fascinating.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

In any event, this is something that wrestling fans should want to be a success because it shows how alive the non-WWE wrestling world is. .
    To be honest, I personally hope not. Because it just encourages more of the type of wrestling and antics that drove me away from ROH, who most people here know I was super dedicated to for like 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Status

If you dislike the Bullet Club in ROH or NJPW like me it's even more reason to want this to be a success, because it means they're likely to leave and do their own thing permanently.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

[Your Name.]

Status

We have a date set, Saturday 1st September.

There's also an official Twitter account for it too, @ALL_IN_2018, all the usual BTE guys plus Stephen Amell are confirmed.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'M #ALLIN

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Rebel Heart

Status

This is sounding like the fucking work pensions advert in the UK with Theo Paphitis.

No suprises so far, had a feeling that Arrow guy was gonna be apart of it. Because you know everyone was clamouring for that Stardust/Amell match that one time at Summerslam

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I'M ALL IN.
    Kazuchika Okada "Tokuniarimasen"

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Going to be an interesting eight months.

Just realized Bryan will still be under contract.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 01-10-2018 at 03:58 PM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Rebel Heart

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Going to be an interesting eight months.

Just realized Bryan will still be under contract.
    eight months is far too long to build up to this, gonna be sick of hearing about it by the time the show happens.

Who needs American Dragon when you've got ARROW

Status

I'm usually the first one to make fun of anything Bullet Club but in fairness Arrow guy did pretty good when he was on Raw/SS. He's not so bad. Like I said, their goal is not to put on the best wrestling show in the world, Bullet Club fans aren't wrestling fans, they're Bullet Club fans. Expect more of the same type of more "fun" bookings than WALTER.

I was hoping for March, not September though. That's gonna be rough quickly hearing about.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Thread Information