Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC Fantasy Baseball - Dynasty League

God's Gift to God

Status

WC Fantasy Baseball - Dynasty League

I'm making a new thread so stuff doesn't get lost in this past season's thread. I've talked about this ad nauseam and don't wanna repeat too much. I'm guessing most people that read this thread are the people already interested in playing so I'll keep it short for anyone else.

I'm gonna be running a points based league on ESPN starting in the 2018 season with a prize structure. The points and prize details will be finalized closer to the draft but basically first, second and third place will win money. I'll even make up some tags or banners or something for the winner if they want. Ownership fee will be $10 and there WILL be a keeper system in place. Again, final details are still being discussed and I'm still interested in as much feedback as possible. That's why I made this thread.

I want at least 10 people to really feel good about this. Will debate firing this off with fewer owners but so far we have confirmed as interested:

1. Cox (Me duh)
    2. Shawn
    3. TGO
    4. Mitch
    5. OMB
    6. Doom

Edit: We're looking to just fire this thing off as a Dynasty League without a required entry fee. The dream was to always have a prize league but the numbers just didn't happen for us. So we're looking to fire off a league of at least 8 owners for a FREE league. Using the same scoring and keeper format as discussed but there's NO ENTRY FEE to play in this league now. If we get at least 8 we'll fire off and then perhaps next year we'll see if everyone is interested in buying in and making it a full-on prize league. But if you don't want to pay that's perfectly fine. We can do a side pot with people interested in playing for money and then everyone that paid in will be eligible for the prize money. But the league would operate the same for everyone regardless of paying and there would be no advantage or disadvantage involved.

The season starts on the 29th. We'd have to draft no later than the 28th. So if you want in, reiterating that there is NO FEE, just post in here and let me know and make sure you're either gonna be available to draft on March 28th or able to set your autopicks.
    Last edited by Coxatron; 03-26-2018 at 11:04 PM.

stressed but chillin

Status

Re: WC Fantasy Baseball - Prize League - Discussion

I'm still down. I'm not too picky with the league structuring as long as there is some kind of keeper system.

Spoiler:

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

I still want to be in it.

As for the graphics, I'll make the tags, banners and other stuff down the road.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Count me in too.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

God's Gift to God

Status

Updated. Assuming everyone here sticks all we need is 2 more. I guess 8 is ok but it would just feel weak

ily

Indy Talent

Status

I'd be interested in doing this.
    Over 2,000 wrestling reviews and columns! Dig it!

wrestlingrecaps.wordpress.com

Captain Hammered

Status

So we need to get something going, paid or not, going soon, yes? First PS games are this week...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

God's Gift to God

Status

I couldn't find this thread via tapatalk for some reason. Thanks for bumping Shawn.

So here's the skinny: if we do this this year I want the first draft to be an online draft through espn. I've had shit come up and I'm hesitant to commit to this but I've also wanted to do it for years. Was afraid I couldn't keep up with trades of picks and stuff but usually we have people on top of that stuff, Yeah? So here we go:

-If you still want to participate respond to THIS post and quote it. I have the earlier list of people who were interested. I'm asking for OFFICIAL sign ups to play. Please see the original post detailing the format and entry fee.

-I didn't start last year with 8 people because I wanted more. I wanted to limit the goofy shit that could happen if we expanded in the future but there's no way around it. We will roll with the league as long as we have AT LEAST 8 people who sign up and pay the entry fee.

- I'd also like someone willing to help keep track of transactions and stuff. I'll reserve the right to veto trades but ONLY if I feel it's detrimental to the league. Meaning obvious intent to dump players or disrupt the league. But just like Zero's league any trades agreed to can be posted (I'll probably open a transactions thread or something) and made available to everyone. So the "helper" would basically just make sure I don't miss stuff like that. Basically just a crosschecker to keep me from messing up everything.

- I'm gonna give this a few days for signups before establishing a draft date. Because this is ONLINE we can kinda push it closer to the beginning of the season but I also want to get everything going so the sooner the better. And in case it isn't clear ONLINE draft means a scheduled day and time through ESPN directly, not on here where we have hours to make each pick.

Current OFFICIAL Owners:

Coxatron
    Shawn
    TGO
    Mitch
    Last edited by Coxatron; 03-06-2018 at 10:11 PM.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    I couldn't find this thread via tapatalk for some reason. Thanks for bumping Shawn.

So here's the skinny: if we do this this year I want the first draft to be an online draft through espn. I've had shit come up and I'm hesitant to commit to this but I've also wanted to do it for years. Was afraid I couldn't keep up with trades of picks and stuff but usually we have people on top of that stuff, Yeah? So here we go:

-If you still want to participate respond to THIS post and quote it. I have the earlier list of people who were interested. I'm asking for OFFICIAL sign ups to play. Please see the original post detailing the format and entry fee.

-I didn't start last year with 8 people because I wanted more. I wanted to limit the goofy shit that could happen if we expanded in the future but there's no way around it. We will roll with the league as long as we have AT LEAST 8 people who sign up and pay the entry fee.

- I'd also like someone willing to help keep track of transactions and stuff. I'll reserve the right to veto trades but ONLY if I feel it's detrimental to the league. Meaning obvious intent to dump players or disrupt the league. But just like Zero's league any trades agreed to can be posted (I'll probably open a transactions thread or something) and made available to everyone. So the "helper" would basically just make sure I don't miss stuff like that. Basically just a crosschecker to keep me from messing up everything.

- I'm gonna give this a few days for signups before establishing a draft date. Because this is ONLINE we can kinda push it closer to the beginning of the season but I also want to get everything going so the sooner the better. And in case it isn't clear ONLINE draft means a scheduled day and time through ESPN directly, not on here where we have hours to make each pick.

Current OFFICIAL Owners:

Coxatron
    Shawn
    I'm in and I can help with transactions and who has whose picks. Agree on doing it online in Y1.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Current OFFICIAL Owners:

Coxatron
    Shawn
    TGO
    I'm in babe

God's Gift to God

Status

Updated current owners. I'll send out messages to those who were interested before if they don't respond to this in a few days.

We still have plenty of time before the season especially since we're doing an online draft. When I get some free time here soon I'm going to set up the league with the official scoring and stuff assuming ESPN has everything unlocked at the moment. That way everyone can go over the format before drafting.

I'll repeat this when we draft, but if you can't make the online draft you can go in and set your own draft order and save it. So you can do your own rankings which I highly advise since we'll be doing a dynasty like format. All final details will be posted once we get closer to entry fee time. I think the last we discussed it the rules and formatting seemed to be agreed upon by most people. I just can't remember which thread it was so I'll have to find out.

That also goes for people who will want to play but may not be able to draft. You can set your autopicks to custom and still have a direct influence on your team. I'm gonna do the best I can to make it s manageable time for everyone but if you're interested don't be discouraged if you don't think you can make the draft.

God's Gift to God

Status

Bumping post

God's Gift to God

Status

Bumping again. Haven't gotten nearly as many people who were initially interested. I'm off tomorrow so I'll send out PM's to those who were on the original list.

We can't roll with fewer than 8.

God's Gift to God

Status

Alright y'all. I sent messages out to the other people who expressed interest. I haven't seen Peep or C around lately so I'm assuming that won't go anywhere. Zero is being a scrub and never responded. Best case we were looking at 7 owners. It looks like that's not happening. Doom said he couldn't front the buy-in so he unfortunately can't play.

So let's open the floor up here. Anyone have any ideas? If you know someone that would be interested and reliable we could open up the league to non-wc folk. I really wanted this league to be as big as possible. I didn't fire last year for this very reason. If we started with 8 we'd already be down to 4 just two weeks before the season. 10 is always optimal but I was willing to fire 8 this year. So opening up to other people is an option but only someone one of us knows. I don't feel comfortable making it an open ESPN league because it fucks with the money aspect.

The other option is to roll with 4 owners which I don't know how I feel about. Obviously it would GREATLY skew the rosters and depth of the league. It would really water things down but it A)gets the league running and B)prizes could expand and everyone gets something back.

Then next year we could try again to recruit and do expansion and really let people have a real crack at getting a league going. That would be cool and fun potentially but I want integrity and longevity. Not just firing a league to say we did it.

So any thoughts, prayers or ideas? Open to anything lads

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

It sucks because we originally had so many gung-ho for it.

Opening it up to non-WC people might work but it also makes it feel less of a community league. Also makes retention Y2Y riskier. So I dunno.

I do think 8 is all we need.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Hail To The King

Status

I could try I am not sure never done it before fantasy baseball but if its 10 $ ok

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I could try I am not sure never done it before fantasy baseball but if its 10 $ ok
    Is this a 100% commitment? I'll add you to the list to get us to 5. Still a couple short but it helps. Season is SUPER close now and I don't want anyone shortchanged by missing the draft because it was done last minute or anything.

Hail To The King

Status

Is this a 100% commitment? I'll add you to the list to get us to 5. Still a couple short but it helps. Season is SUPER close now and I don't want anyone shortchanged by missing the draft because it was done last minute or anything.
    I can if you get to your 8

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

God's Gift to God

Status

Last call for sign ups. This looks DOA and not sure what else we can do. The only option to really launch this is have 4 stacked teams and hope to get more owners in the future.

We'd need to draft within 2 days.

Captain Hammered

Status

Honestly if I'm paying $$, I have 0 interest in stacked teams.

Thread Information