Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WC Fantasy Baseball - Dynasty League

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: WC Fantasy Baseball - Dynasty League

I'm open to doing the original template but it's failed so many times now. If people still wanna do the regular dynasty style league we all fleshed out that's cool.

This was just an alternate route for those of us that wanted to play for money. It's a mandatory fee there's no free league and it's incredibly in-depth. My thinking was if we couldn't get a full league I could either start an Ottoneu and then open it up to the public or the few of us interested could try to join the same league.

Auction style can suck depending on the structure for sure. With a league like this I would wager it wouldn't be such a bad experience but I don't blame anyone for not doing it. There's additional strategy involved because the players are nominated by the owners which I appreciate instead of people always drafting for position rather than taking depth and then never trading.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Auction style is co but I'll do whatever gets the most participation.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

I since have my back account re-open finally last year, I'll be cool to put in $20 when we finally have a legit league. BUT, how many people are still willing to pay that much money to compete? It's harder than it looks to try to get people to play for money on here, since we barely can get ten people to join Zero's league.

As for an auction league, I'll roll with it if everyone's okay with the draft format.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18

God's Gift to God

Status

Bump. Zero if you read this are you continuing the League we've been doing?

Still open to doing a regular Dynasty style league longhand where we have to utilize off-site record keeping but still bumping to see if anyone has interest in the above mentioned automated league.

God's Gift to God

Status

Additional bump:

I did some research into this and it looks like we could theoretically make this a private league so all of us WC'ers could join and then open up to the public to fill. So in terms of getting this off the ground, if you're interested in the Ottoneu on Fangraphs, reply to this post so I can know for sure. I've never done this so I'm keeping everything barebones. It would be $20 (paid through the site, you don't send it or entrust it to me) and using Fangraph Points scoring.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Additional bump:

I did some research into this and it looks like we could theoretically make this a private league so all of us WC'ers could join and then open up to the public to fill. So in terms of getting this off the ground, if you're interested in the Ottoneu on Fangraphs, reply to this post so I can know for sure. I've never done this so I'm keeping everything barebones. It would be $20 (paid through the site, you don't send it or entrust it to me) and using Fangraph Points scoring.
    I’m down for whatever type of league we do. I just missed the boat on fantasy sports on here last year, so count me in for the Fangraphs league or any other type of league we decide on.

WWF-1991 and Beyond- The Road to the Royal Rumble begins NOW!
    http://wrestlingclique.com/showthread.php?t=169069

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Additional bump:

I'm good for whatever man, as long as everything's not too complicated to understand.

FANTASY SPORTS CHAMPIONSHIPS
    BASEBALL: 2014 | FOOTBALL: 2016 | BASKETBALL: 2017-18

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I'm good for whatever man, as long as everything's not too complicated to understand.
    It's definitely different than you're used to. And would require a little bit of reading up on the scoring and everything. It's a similar idea, but you actual control a 40 man roster like in MLB. There's a salary cap, drafting is done by nominating players and bidding on them and there's even arbitration in the off-season and stuff. I linked to the format earlier in the thread so definitely check that out. I'd hate for you or anyone to pony up money for a league like this then realize you don't like how it's done. Even I don't know for sure how much I would enjoy it as I've never played it. I'm taking over a team in a league that was abandoned so I'll be cutting my teeth that way. But I already have a team and it's basically like a rebuild because I have to off-load players before the draft and even then I'll be drafting from a shallow pool.

But this sounds AMAZING.

Thread Information